Talley's Kitchen and Bar
31 S Prospect
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Talley's Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talleyskitchenbar.com/
- Phone: 6309087295
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER sun-thurs 4pm-9pm fri 4pm-midnight HAPPY HOUR mon-fri 4pm - 6pm SUNDAY BRUNCH 10am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Krista Talley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Talley's Kitchen and Bar
Talley's Kitchen + Bar is the perfect place to bring a date, enjoy cocktails and wine with friends, or come with your entire family and taste bold flavors while creating memories. Our cuisine is a very approachable New-American cuisine. We pride ourselves on providing the freshest ingredients and creating food you will crave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Talley's Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Clarendon Hills ›
Talley's Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (17)kid-friendly (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Never DisappointedSab640Dined on 9/14/2014I love this place! Great food and very friendly service. Talley's also has the best burger in Chicagoland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014But- too loud and too many screaming children. I don't understand why parents would bring small children to a place with a gourmet food selection that's not inexpensive. It was so loud we couldn't converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealDiamondDaveVIPDined on 8/22/2014Another great experience at Talley's ! We had the baby blue salad and the pork tenderloin and my wife had the scalops. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great little place.bmayDined on 8/22/2014I had been through downtown Clarendon Hills a couple of weeks ago and notice Talley's Kitchen. This past Friday, my boyfriend and I went in for dinner. The food was terrific and the wine list perfect. The menu is simple, but the choices are plenty. The seared scallops were so perfect. My boyfriend had three of the appetizers - goat cheese with tomato sauce, fried green beans and the steak bites. He would re-order all but the steak bites. They were good but not great. The restaurant was filled with families and couples some just for dinner and others celebrating. Gem of a little place in the perfect little downtown. PS - service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for FourCraftBeerGeekDined on 8/17/2014We met some friends from Omaha on Sunday; had a great meal. The steak lovers from out west were in heaven. Great meal, great service, great wine, great craft beer list. Our third time at Talley's and we will return. Krista does a great job.Special Features:
- First visit, but not the last.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Adam was a charming waiter who helped to make visit to a new restaurant special. We had the garlic spinach side as our salad. So disappointed that the roasted beet salad I had seen online wasn't offered. The scallops were outstanding although only three and the corn risotto was chewy. The pork chop special was delectable. Because the table next to us was on dessert as we arrived, we found out about a sweet, secret treat that wasn't on the menu. Fun.Special Features:
- Great bar food, but that's itDennis01Dined on 8/8/2014My server was nonchalant and even rude, my salmon let's just say stayed with me longer than I wished, and the prices were ok for fine dining but not this place. I won't be going back except for "bar food" and the pretty good appetizers, and I live within walking distance. Highly disappointed!Special Features:
- WeekenddinersVIPDined on 8/2/2014Always a good experience at talleys. Service is friendly and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/15/2014Spacing was too tight at this restaurant. I bumped the table next to me each time I stood up and vice versa. Cute spot but limited to spacing. Food was not that great. I will not return.Special Features:
- Always great food!Almostretired2014Dined on 7/8/2014I continue to go to Talley's for great meals! Their French Onion soup is to die for and all of the meals and specials I have had are always cooked to perfection. All of the specials I have tried have been amazing and always a treat to see what they have on the nightly specials menu when I go in. Great bar selection and Great food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014Good food, well prepared and served. The staff is friendly, informative and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDMoneyVIPDined on 6/25/2014We enjoy being here. Food is always good and reasonably priced. Their TMK Burger (one with carmelized onions, etc.) was excellent. Noise level can be a little high. Good place for a date but want to think about where you'll be sitting (up front by the windows is good). Downtown Clarendon Hills is a nice location and it's nice to walk around afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingSAF13Dined on 6/21/2014The food was good, not amazing but well worth the price. Our biggest issue, the wine by the glass, our first 2 glasses, the Pinot Grigio was already stale and my red had more sediment in one glass that all glasses of wine i have ever had. May not go back as it is not aroung the block, but it is worth a visit.
- Good restaurant/bad nightFoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014If you want to enjoy a meal here, which we have many times, do not come during Daisy Days. There were a bunch of drunken adults shouting in the restaurant with their unattended children dashing in and out. It was unusually unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 6/13/2014The food and service were great. Talley's a hidden gem.Special Features:
- The following 167 reviews are from the Talley's Kitchen and Bar reviews archive.
- luv2eatoutDined on 5/23/2014First time for us. Enjoyed the food, California like dining. Service was excellent, server very articulate with menu and making us happy. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and are looking forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- We liked it...noneVIPDined on 5/23/2014Our first time at TKB. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. Sybil was our server and she was terrific. Their onion soup is wonderful. My wife's trout was quite good. I order the grilled pork chop special ($26.00) which had a good flavor but was way overcooked -- dry and tough. They were very apologetic and took it off our check. We will give them another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talley"srcachicagoDined on 5/17/2014Food was excellent. Since I'm a big eater, I would of preferred some rolls with the entree. Dry twisted breadsticks provided which no one liked. Thought for the price salad should have been included. No salt and pepper on the tables??Special Features:
- What a great place!!!KlydeDined on 5/15/2014The amount of times I dine here should indicate how great Talley's is (at least once a week). The staff is very friendly and makes you feel welcome during your dining experience. Same goes for the owner who is always willing to resolve any issues, which I personally have never experienced any, aside being stuffed from the generous portions! The food is consistently excellent. My personal favorite, and recommendation, would be to start with the buffalo shrimp for an appetizer and have the panko crusted chicken for an entrée. Also their variation on the classic French onion soup is a must-have! Overall it is a great place to stop in for a quick meal at the bar but also for a relaxed sit-down meal. I have and will keep on going back!Special Features:
- Corner curseJujuVIPDined on 5/11/2014So far nothing in this spot has "made it". The menu looks very inviting and sounds delicious, however the taste just wasn't there. Scallops over a corn risotto sounded so good, the scallops were ok, but everything tasted bland. My sons asian spicy tacos were just ok. I will try it again, one more time, but probably wont recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014We love tallys as a go-to local spot. The food is consistently good and the ambience is just right. We would love it if they would change the menu a few times per year.Special Features:
- Steak specialSue78Dined on 4/15/2014The Tuesday $10 special is fantastic! A delicious strip steak and fries for $10 - unbelievable!! I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Live MusicSue78Dined on 4/11/2014Live Music Friday evening was fantastic and the dinner was divine!Special Features:
- Talley'sDFishDined on 4/8/2014My family has eaten there twice and both times the food was excellent. Not too crowded. Try to get there early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitkokopelliDined on 4/5/2014Both our visits to Talley's were positively delicious! We were pleasantly surprised on our first visit, having heard nothing about it. Second visit proved equally good, if not better. However, the noise level is too high for easy conversation; and good conversation goes hand in hand with good food as far as we are concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2014We love Talley's, the friendly staff, consistently good and healthy food choices, good wine list... a lot comes in the small space of this neighborhood restaurant. This restaurant works for the meat eater, vegan, and omnivore in our family with their small menu done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantSAmomDined on 3/29/2014I wasn't sure what to expect after reading all the mixed reviews, but we loved Talley's kitchen. We made a reservation for 7:30 on Saturday night and were sat right away. It is a nice small restaurant with a great menu. The food was outstanding! Just like many other reviewers stated, the service was not good. We waited 15-20 minutes for our drinks and the server was often nowhere to be found. The hostess brought our food out. Such a great restaurant, delicious food, need to step up the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return diners for reliablefoodfanVIPDined on 3/16/2014Return diners for reliable food. Sundays kids eat free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great "go to" placehinsdaleVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food is constantly good and service prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- Charming neighborhood restaurantOutoftownerDined on 2/22/2014Charming neighborhood restaurant with big city menu choices. Excellent dishes and nice portions. Cozy atmosphere and attentive staff. Wish I lived closer to this place! I'd probably visit weekly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in Clarendon Hills.LSPLVIPDined on 2/15/2014We were able to get a table for six on a Sat at the last minute, and here's the thing. EVERYTHING WAS GOOD. The first thing that got me to book a table was the baked onion soup. Very Good! Salads...Very Good. The first breadstix were warm and fresh. Then they were out of them for a while??? When they finally had more they were served cold? NOTE: They are good hot :). Our server Sybil was top notch, knew her stuff and handled our rowdier friends with aplomb. We sampled of different dishes...Grouper *** Ribeye with Lobster sauce ****Filet****Scallops****Finally, the drinks were small and expensive - please get bigger glasses! The cookie dessert was GREAT!!! We don't mind paying a lot when everything is so good, and we'll be back.Special Features:
- Love the food and serviceTarheelborn1VIPDined on 2/15/2014Talley's is our go to place when we are in Clarendon Hills. The food is consistently good and the service is very good. I had a wonderful grouper dish with rock shrimp. My husband liked the Steak Frites.Special Features:
- Good food and service. OnlyWeekenddinersVIPDined on 2/15/2014Good food and service. Only negative was the temperature swing in the restaurant throughout our meal. It went from very warm to chilly multiple times. Not enough to prevent us from coming back to this good neighborhood find.Special Features:
- Great food & svc, but no iced tea?PJandAlDined on 2/15/2014Tally's is a great place with delicous food, attentive service and delightful atmosphere. We've dined there several times, and will come back again in the future. My only suggestion is they serve iced tea, which I and many of our dining friends drink instead of wine, etc. Iced tea has become the go-to non-liquor beverage, even in the winter. It would make our experience perfect, without having to scramble to arrive at a good substitute. Than you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentineSampipDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I went here for valentines day and were very impressed!! I think it will become a tradition on valentines day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but great ambience.JSaeyDined on 2/14/2014Small but great ambience. Good service and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines DinnerVTRider55Dined on 2/14/2014Went in early for Valentines dinner... I went with the Burger and the wife had a fish special. Both were excellent! It wasn't busy when we sat down but server was very friendly and chatty (in a good way). Looking forward to going back another daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinner at Tally's.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyed our dinner at Tally's. Steaks were tasty and well prepared, and the portobello risotto, and fries with truffle oil were very good!Special Features:
- A Suburban GemPGSTGDined on 2/7/2014This restaurant has has matured and gotten better over the past year. Very nice ambiance but the food is what keeps us coming back. Menu is not extensive but what is served is very well prepared. Nightly specials are creative and also very good. Wine list not extensive but very good choices. If you want great food, reasonably priced, attentive service and a very pleasant atmosphere, go to Talley's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, even for picky eatersblueDined on 2/7/2014The menu has variety but doesn't try to overreach like some places. The breaded fried green beans are fantastic, kids and adults snap them right up. All the entrees are solid contenders (steak, scallops, hamburgers, Asian tacos, etc) and overall cooking is consistent. The only drawbacks are the tea (most basic of Lipton) and coffee (suboptimal), easily remedied. The deserts were eaten up...such as the yummy baked cookie with ice cream. This is a great place. We keep coming back and are thrilled it's in the suburbs which are overflowing with chain restaurants.Special Features: