Talisker on Main
515 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Talisker on Main
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://taliskeronmain.com/
- Phone: 4356585479
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner- 7 days a week, opening at 5:30pm.
Closed Monday during the summer.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Murcko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Availible through Talisker Club. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our Private Library and Wine Room with seating up to 20. Full restaurant with seating capacity of 55 is also an option.
- Private Party Contact: Haven Daly 4356020819
- Special Events: Please call for details
A word from Talisker on Main
The cornerstone of the Talisker Restaurant Collection, this culinary standout was named the “Best Restaurant in Park City” for the third consecutive year by Salt Lake Magazine’s 2013 Dining Awards. This restaurant focuses on sampling many distinctive regional flavors with a constantly evolving menu inspired by the fresh produce available during the changing seasons. Located on historic Main Street, with two indoor dining rooms and an outdoor patio, Talisker on Main also offers one of the best wine selections in Park City. Executive Chef Briar Handly oversees the ever-changing, locally-inspired menu at this Zagat-rated restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Talisker on Main - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Talisker on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (21)special occasion (20)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (7)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great meal, great staffanonDined on 8/22/2014we had a last minute change in the number of folks in our reservation and the staff couldn't have been more friendly with accommodating us. food and drinks were outstanding.Special Features:
- Best meal we had in Park City!BridgetDined on 8/15/2014We loved this restaurant! The food was locally sourced and the flavors were amazing! Standouts for us were the lamb loin, the Brussels sprouts, and the goat cheesecake. Had a nice Heitz cabernet with dinner. The activity in the open kitchen was fun to watch. I loved the décor and the comfortable seating. And even though the menu has some fairly exotic flavors, they had the kid-size plain medium-rare steak that my granddaughter wanted so it was perfect for everyone in our party.Special Features:
- Terrific service, great grubteethforfoodVIPDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is absolutely beautiful. The seating was very comfortable and the furnishings are classy and unique. The service was top notch. The appetizers of Crab and Lobster Beignets and the Brussel Sprouts were amazing. The pork, fried chicken and steak were delicious. I felt like the duck was extremely bland. The cheesecake and baked crepe were unique and so divine. Very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Overall, the food was a disappointment compared to previous visits to this restaurant. The lobster crab beignets were mushy and served over a few limp greens with no sauce. The Brussels sprouts were drenched in a tart vinegary dressing which overpowered their taste. Even the green salad was uninspired with a couple of dried strawberries, and not much else included. The fried chicken was not served hot. Too bad the chef has moved on to new digs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park City GemRussianBaronessDined on 8/9/2014Casually upscale, au currant with their culinary endeavors but not experimental to the point of absurdity...i.e., no unseemly ingredient pairings, yet very creative. Definitely captures the Parisienne vibe. Tables close together in a good way. If you sit in the long banquette up front you can meet your neighbor, compare food and watch the Park City Main Street scene. For us, it was a fun social event, as well as a serious culinary experience. Waiter, Leon, KNEW his menu!! The house dressing (on the mixed greens) was insane....fig balsamic. The Steelhead was a delicate, but flavorful, confection of transportative magic. Beef short ribs were very good...a little dry...but the treatment/sauce and accoutrements (veggies) made it worth it!Special Features:
- Expected moreKevinDined on 8/6/2014The reservation process and follow up were great. The service was less than desirable. We sat at the table for at least 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. Finally the GM came by and we asked him if we could order drinks. After that he pretty much took care of us as the waitress assigned to our party seemed to be busy elsewhere.we ordered 4 appetizers all of which were really good. For entrees we had the pork chop, very dry, duck, very good, filet (ordered to chefs preference on temp), over cooked, and fried chicken, very good. The wine selection and cocktails were the highlight of our experience and the deserts were not anything exceptional. For the price and reputation, I expected more.
- slow service & ignored pnut allergyhooch34Dined on 7/25/2014We live in PA & have a condo in PC. We dine at Talisker on Main 6-8 times yearly for the past five years. The evening started with a switch in waitresses, then being told "if we wanted beef, there are only 4 left...claim them." After waiting 20 minutes for dessert, my husband inquired and was informed "they were working on it." Dessert arrived about 30 minutes after ordered....the desserts were "comp" due to the wait. Our party of 8 included one child who is allergic to shellfish & peanuts. We asked for one dessert to go.....peanut butter ice cream was substituted for vanilla. Who does that especially when we told our server numerous times about the peanut allergy!! After a $600 bill, we were disappointed. Not sure we will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing ChefPCPersonalConciergeVIPDined on 7/23/2014Be prepared to have your taste buds excited! Chef Clement is amazing in quality, preparation, and presentation. Will be back!Special Features:
- Park City DelightHogilvyDined on 7/19/2014We dropped into Talisker in Main for an early dinner on the patio before heading to a show at The Egyptian. The patio is a nice intimate space out of the summer heat. Duck was delightful served with summer squash and freshly foraged wild mushrooms. Steelhead trout on risotto also nice. Rachel provided wonderful service and had us out the door in time for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food with a very interesting touch. Do not expect just plain we'll cooked foodSpecial Features:
- Just okayblueskyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Nothing special in terms of menu or food. Service was decent but a bit underwhelmed with experience- tried it once but no plans to return. Riverhorse is easily 10x better and even offers local specials- so full price at talisker for "just okay" doesn't cut it.
- the BestkbarDined on 7/11/2014Our favorite restaurant by far. The food is innovative and consistantly great. The service is excellent, but not overly serious or fussy. Sophisticated and comfortable in a luxurious setting. The staff shines and enjoys doing a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionNancyBVIPDined on 7/9/2014I can't think of enough good things to say about my experience at Talisker. It wasn't my first visit, but it had been a while. From beginning to end it was a perfect evening. Service, food, ambience, all outstanding. I had trouble making choices, everything sounded so good, but my server was most helpful. Definitely get the Brussels sprouts, and the fried chicken was excellent as well.Special Features:
- WonderfulLocalVIPDined on 7/8/2014Great service. Excellent food. The outside setting was fantastic
- Great service and even better foodcblvDined on 7/5/2014Went here for dinner, not expecting too much. The service was top notch. We never ran out of drinks and were asked when half way through if we would like another. The food was some of the best I have had in a long time. I had the pea soup (perfectly puree'd) and the short rib. Also this restaurant has no buy one get one gimmick as a lot of the other one's in Downtown Park City have. Prices are reasonable also, the food and service cannot be beat. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 486 reviews are from the Talisker on Main reviews archive.
- DelightfulHogilvyDined on 4/7/2014Our evening at Talisker on Main was delightful with friendly service and tasty plates. Of particular note were the crab and lobster beignet and the crispy skin sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!!!!!!!!!!!JudyCODined on 4/4/2014We celebrated our last nite of vacation in Park City at this wonderful restaurant - Our 7 YO daughter enjoyed herself as much as we did. They cooked up an appropriate option for us, sat us in a corner 2 love seat type seating area which was very fun and cozy. The food was fantabulous, ambience is gorgeous and service was wonderful. A treasure!!!Special Features:
- MemorableRogogoDined on 4/4/2014Always memorable. Don't know how they do it, but they do. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was burned and toughOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2014steak was burned and tough on the outside. service was outstanding!
- Tops in Park CityjimwDined on 4/2/2014Exquisite food, impeccably prepared. For starters we had had the Lobster & Crab Beignets which were excellent, and a unique Brussel Sprouts & Cabbage dish that had raisins, dates, bacon and hazel nuts in a marvelous concoction. Every one of the main dishes was tempting, but on this occasion we both had the Lamb Loin. Although we live in Park City in the winter, my wife is from London and I'm from NYC and we both agreed it was the best lamb dish we have ever had. The chef is truly special and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal of our Vacation!haliaDined on 3/30/2014I recently visited Park City for the first time for a long weekend vacation. We dined at several of the best restaurants in town, however Talisker takes the cake on all levels from decor, ambiance, food and service! The reviews on Yelp looked amazing so lucky for us there was availability on Sunday evening. We were seated in the Wine Room, I highly recommend requesting the cozy, intimate tables back there. From a design element, from the menus to the restrooms, this restaurant took notice to every little detail. This is defnitely the place to go if you're a foodie. The lamb was delicously succulent, and starting with a salad and lobster/crab appetizer was just the right amount of food! Perfection in Park City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place I have ever eaten!!!!!!LovetoeatDined on 3/28/2014This place was fantastic! The food was truly the best meal I have ever had anywhere! You have to go here. Great french country decor and service was so spot on. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place on Main St Park CityRicknkathrynDined on 3/28/2014We had a wonderful time--fried chicken (yes, fried chicken) was awesome and great steaks too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food portion were on the smallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2014food portion were on the small side, prices high , rushed feeling compared with 4 other restaurants we visited in park City this past month
- BEST restaurant in PC by FARJenPCSBDined on 3/20/2014Ok, so we have lived here for a while and we've done it all - the big name restaurants and Talisker is BY FAR the BEST - hands down. The food is fresh, service amazing and you leave feeling really good. Don't forget to order the tater tots - I still dream of them.Special Features:
- Annual visitEricDined on 3/19/2014Talisker on Main has been one of my favorites since first going there four years ago. Unfortunately the quality of the food against the price point has not kept up. I will still return given my favorable memories but my fear is that this favorite is starting to decline as it rests on past success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Based on reputation expected moreJmikDined on 3/18/2014While the food was tasty you could tell the cooks rely more on oils for flavor rather than the natural flavors of the food. Service was more like you would get in a bar. Server was loud and less attentive than I would have liked. Because we only ordered main courses it seemed he was rushing us. Only when we ordered expensive wine by the glass did we get more attention.
- Loved having a table in thePattyDined on 3/17/2014Loved having a table in the front room - watching the chef's work in the open kitchen is amazing.Special Features:
- Great meal, atmosphere andPlumberVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great meal, atmosphere and service. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to expectations...CannedYouDined on 3/12/2014We first saw this recommended in the NY Times and then heard from everyone we met in Deer Valley that it was their favorite restaurant so we had high expectations. The food was good but not fabulous. Our reservation was later in the evening and we felt rushed to the point of having to say we were not in a hurry. The staff seemed like they were ready to be finished with the evening. I had the signature fried chicken which was good and juicy but flavors in all the dishes were not subtle and everything was rich. The door opens directly into the restaurant so on a cold night it could be uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedRonnieDined on 3/12/2014Food was overrated and overpriced. Service was excellent.
- We decided to go to TaliskersjeckleinVIPDined on 3/9/2014We decided to go to Taliskers based on reviews and other comments. Perhaps it was over hyped because it did not come close to our expectations. The prices were over the top. The food was just average. Presentation was nice but taste average. The service was professional but not friendly or engaging. Overall, I would not recommend this place when you consider the price. I would expect more. Also, I understand a split charge for the entrée but not for a salad.
- Great PlaceDRPKDined on 3/7/2014The food was outstanding as was the service. The chef is very creative with the menu items. One of the nicest restaurants in Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well PlayedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014Menu was refined, yet unpretentious. Execution and service were flawlessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Well Executed Cuisinestereo1VIPDined on 3/6/2014I dined at Talisker for the first time on March 6 and it was terrific. I received a warning that the table right at the front of the restaurant could be unpleasantly drafty, but this was not an issue as we were seated in a charming alcove surrounded by wine. Kale salad with duck confit and fried chicken were both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Park Citys bestAratasVIPDined on 3/5/2014Wonderful quaint restaurant in the heart of PC Main Street. Farm to table concept. Small menu skus seafood over steak but still a wonderful esoteric menu to choose from. Tiffany could not have been more intuitive and delivered outstanding service. We enjoyed a cozy table in the wine " vault" surrounded bu Utahs best labels, many wines exclusive to Talisker s only so those into wine no need to take your own, find something special on the list. Front room is vibrant and although the tables are close together you'll feel like you are in the kitchen and will enjoy watching Chef in action. Talikers is a genuine gem- highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in Park CityBubbaVIPDined on 3/2/2014If you are looking for a topnotch NYC type restaurant while skiing in PC, Talisker meets the description. Very enjoyable to say the least. Topnotch in all categories. Service was excellent..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skied out in Park CityRRPIrate5Dined on 3/1/2014What a great menu and tastes. We started off with a nice mini cup amuse-bouche quick hitter of a creamy maple jalapeño almost custard that got the taste buds flowing. The Short rib / mushroom appetizer was so yummy and the perfect portion. Our table shared the Tater Tots and Biscuits for our entres. But be warned these are not your ORE-IDA type tots. They are about 1 ½” rectangular cubes of garlic and salt love. We enjoyed the fried chicken (very moist breast), I had the pork rib chop which was perfectly cooked and the perfect portion. Our waitress was exceptional. She helped pair some wines and knew the whole menu in and out. She was very well versed. It was by far the best dining experience we had all week. NOT EVEN CLOSE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a superb dining experience at Talisker in all respects. Our server, Leon, recommended the fried chicken and biscuit with honey butter for my husband and it did not disappoint - not your typical fried chicken. I'm a vegetarian & had the risotto, which was filled with tons of fresh veges and the best I've had. We also met 2 very nice couples who were sitting on either side of us, which made the dining experience even more pleasant. We had not been here before, but Talisker has become our favorite restaurant in town.Special Features:
- Welcomed with a smile, coatsJansonDined on 2/28/2014Welcomed with a smile, coats taken and shown to our table quickly. Service a little slow and erratic and not really up to the standard of the food which was all absloutely delicious. Interesting combinations of ingredients and lovely complex flavours. Good wine list with a range of wines. Just a little surprised that our white wine was left on the table not in a cooler and that our server often seemed to be staring into the distance when speaking to us rather than making eye contact. Generally a lovely evening. We would certainly consider visiting again if we return to Utah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.