1148 Manhattan Ave
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taliasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3105456884
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ron Guidone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Talia's Restaurant is available for party parties.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Marquez 3105456884
A word from Talia's
Talia's Restaurant is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Manhattan Beach and has been serving the South Bay since 1977.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Talia's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Talia's experienceBlackExperienceDined on 2/16/2013Wasn't too impressed with the potato crusted halibut served over rice and some sauce. All flavor was in the rice. The fish it self tasted bland, yet the salmon entree and calamari appetizer were quite tasty.Special Features:
- Give your review a titleRaulVIPDined on 2/14/2013This was one of our favorite restaurants, but it will be closing soon. Thanks for the memories. We will be eating at Mangiamo's in Manhattan Beach since its owned by the same family.
- I had not been to Talia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/28/2013I had not been to Talia's in many years as I had previously considered it to have rather ordinary food. I recently went with a group of friends and we shared many items on the menu and every one was excellent. The restaurant has always been very quaint and a charming spot to go for a quiet dinner, so I'm very pleased that the food now matches the atmosphere. Give Talia's a try if you haven't been there in a while - you'll be pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Excellent menumarilinzDined on 1/20/2013It is sad that this restaurant is being sold and it will no longer be the same! The menu is excellent, diverse and varied without using new fads. We ordered 4 different dishes (crusted salmon, saltimboca, veal parmigiana and a chicken with mushrooms) and they all were delicious.Special Features:
- Closing?TheMostRKMVIPDined on 1/11/2013A great meal but I believe Talia's is going to close. Ugh!Special Features:
- Being NYE I was expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Being NYE I was expecting it to be a lot more hectic in there. The food was excellent and the service was great.
- My boyfriend and I dined hereVictoriaGDined on 12/31/2012My boyfriend and I dined here for NYE and the food was spectacular! I ordered the seabass and it was probably the best I've ever had - moist, flavorful and delicious! We also split the ahi tuna tower as an appetizer and it was very good as well. Will definitely return. One other note, even though it was NYE, the prices were in line with what they regularly charge. So many restaurants take advantage of NYE to raise their prices, but Talia's did not. Very appreciated.Special Features:
- I've been dining at Talia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012I've been dining at Talia's for many years, and I've yet to be disappointed. Consistently superb food and service. One of my hometown favorites that I'm proud to show off to visitors!Special Features:
- I'm always amazed at how wonderfullOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2012I'm always amazed at how wonderfully good the food is at Talia's!Special Features:
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012The food was excellent as was the service but it is a very small place, tables are very close.
- Our second time to Talia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Our second time to Talia's food was excellent but I was disappointed with the service.Special Features:
- Food was good, but there isOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/5/2012Food was good, but there is a $25 corkage fee which reflects the owner's attitude towards bringing your own wine. It leaves you with a bad feeling towards the restaurant.
- Talia's has been a longstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Talia's has been a longstanding favorite of mine since I have lived in Manhattan Beach. The food is consistently excellent, the service is superb, and the only reason I am not there every night is because it is a bit pricey. I would recommend Talia's to anyone who asked!Special Features:
- Third trip here and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2012Third trip here and it was just as enjoyable as the previous occasions. The food was delicious, didn't feel rushed by servers and the restaurant is clean, nicely decorated and cozy.Special Features:
- I went to the restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2012I went to the restaurant for my birthday last month and I had a great experience and a delicious meal. Last night when I went there the service was slow, the restaurant was noisy, and the food was average. I was very disappointed that there was such a difference in the experience.
- This restaurant is small.JLFergVIPDined on 10/18/2012This restaurant is small. The service is great--efficient and friendly. The food is delicious. Innovative salads, pastas, appetizers, and meat dishes. We are so glad we went here. The only downside to Talia is that it is noisy when busy. One of the guys who was in our dinner party is hard of hearing in one ear. Because of the architectural layout and building materials used in the restaurant and its crowded space, noise was bouncing everywhere for him and so he couldn't hear us at the table and, for him, the sound was overwhelming. Otherwise, I recommend this restaurant. Yummy beet salad, delicious fish entrees.Special Features:
- Talia's is small, intimate,SportivoVIPDined on 10/11/2012Talia's is small, intimate, and comfortable. The food is excellent, and the wait staff is friendly and accommodating. A great "special occasion" spot.Special Features:
- Excellent food; entirely withinOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2012Excellent food; entirely within range of what we expected. Dined on a Monday night and restaurant was a bit more crowded than anticipated by management as there was only one server working the entire dining room. This made service a bit slow and unattentive. Otherwise a very nice experience.
- Dinner at the BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Talia's is a small, intimate restaurant located two blocks from the beach. The food and service are great. The setting is romantic. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there. Our server was charming and attentive without hovering. Rather than ordering entrees, we asked if they would serve appetizers in larger portions, which they were delighted to do. After dinner we took a walk on the strand.Special Features:
- Wow! Delicious!JodyDined on 9/21/2012Food was outstanding! Fresh, full of flavor, served at exactly the right time throughout the evening. A wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- The food and service hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2012The food and service here is consistently fabulous. It's our favorite place in Manhattan Beach for dinner. The noise level is a bit high for our taste, so the seating away from the bar works best for us. A neighborhood gem, indeed!Special Features:
- I brought a co-worker fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012I brought a co-worker from the East Coast. She was very impressed and really enjoyed the food a great deal!
- Great date night spot smallRaintroyDined on 9/15/2012Great date night spot small and romantic. Attentive service food very good. Nice wine list. Had fig goat cheese appetizer special, potato crusted halibut, and scallops. Enjoyed it all with the warm bread and olives. Had let them know through open table reservation it was our anniversary and they gave us a complimentary gelato dessert that was also yummy.Special Features:
- Always a good choice for goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2012Always a good choice for good food and service and a reasonable noise level.Special Features:
- great find. we came in lateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012great find. we came in late on a thursday night. food was delish! you gotta try the beet salad. we will be back...Special Features:
- Fabulous. Can't wait to goRiverDined on 8/18/2012Fabulous. Can't wait to go back. Both the service and the food were outstanding.Special Features:
- Dinner here is always a treat.mesmVIPDined on 8/13/2012Dinner here is always a treat. The menu is varied and has something for every taste. The food is delicious and comes from fresh, local sources. The wine list is great -- with both a wide selection and fair prices. The service was friendly (but not casual) and attentive (without being intrusive). There were two large tables near us this time, so the noise level was a bit higher than I remember in the past. This time we went with the special food selections, and nothing disappointed. Traditional menu items such as the ahi tuna tower, the organic beet salad and the heirloom tomatoes with burata cheese are always wonderful starters. The seafood has always been fresh and particularly good. This is a gem in Manhattan Beach.Special Features:
- Talia's was such a great find.Chase511VIPDined on 8/8/2012Talia's was such a great find. We were greeted right when we walked in, our table was ready when we arrived, Our server was very sweeet & attentive, the food was AMAZING and the ambiance was perfect for our "date night." The beet salad was to die for and they had quite a few specials running that night in which I chose the blackened shimp bowtie pasta..DELICIOUS! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Nice place for dinner for twoHolcomb33Dined on 8/3/2012Overall the experience was great! This place is a quaint little place to take a date and appears a hot spot for local wine lovers. The only drawback when I went was that the food was hit or miss. I had the chicken Marsala and it was completely aweful, however my date had the chicken penne and it was one of the best we've ever had. I would defiantly try this place again.Special Features:
- Our waitress was so cordialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012Our waitress was so cordial and fun to talk to. I have lived in MB for 30 years and have always loved Talia's great menu and ambience.Special Features:
- We had the Sea Dabs and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2012We had the Sea Dabs and the Sea Bass. Both were delicious. The chocolate souffle was decadent. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Our only complaint was our first wine was very corky but when we asked for a replacement we got a delicious substitute.Special Features:
- Maybe it was just the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2012Maybe it was just the night we went but the food is wayy overpriced for what you get! I dont mind spending $28 on Veal- but it should be mouth watering. Food is average. Your paying for the location and name only. Our waiter was very slow and not friendly. To top it off- a spider was crawling on the floor. I know they cannot control what bugs enter but this spider was large!!
- Great "Little" PlaceJerryWVIPDined on 7/19/2012What a neat "little" place we found here in Talia's! They were very accommodating with us being 15 minutes late for our Open Table reservation, and the service was very good. Try their incredible Pork Chop; it was the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- I was good but not great.GlennDined on 7/14/2012I was good but not great. There was a time when it was better. Manhattan Beach now has a lot of highend restaurant competition. Talia's needs to raise their game to compete.Special Features:
- Small cozy resturant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2012Small cozy resturant. The ambiance was friendly and neighborly.The food was average. Good service, we didn't feel rushed. Not sure if I'd go back, it just didn't wow us.
- Love the ambience and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2012Love the ambience and cozy feel. Staff is friendly and willing to accommodate your requests. The salmon with the asparagus resoto, the halibut with resoto, chicken with mushrooms!!! Amazing dishes!! Thier beef carpaccio so so, tuna tartar ok, burrat caprrsse YUM. It's a restaurant you would eat at once a week, readonable. Sundays wines 50% off on selected bottles, prices are good on the rest as well. Very happy!Special Features:
- It's a small place with tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2012It's a small place with tables elbow to elbow. But the service is good, and we both liked what we each ordered (panko-crusted halibut and oso-bucco lamb shanks with polenta). However, it's rather pricey: With a glass of wine each, a dinner salad and asparagus side-dish, the bill came to over $100 for two.Special Features:
- Taila's Manhattan Beach, unevenRecessionistaVIPDined on 6/23/2012Food was uneven, service was great. The special of the night, the fish lacked flavor, as did the Carbonna Pasta. The Carbonna was more like a fettunci, not the traditional dish. The appetizers were good, pheasant nachos and the shrimp on the panne rustica. Great cocktails/martinis
- I have been to Talia's beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/20/2012I have been to Talia's before but this time was extra-special! The seabass was absolutely amazing and I am still craving another bite!! Very nice evening - even caught a glimpse of the ocean through the cross-street!Special Features:
- I frequent Manhattan BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2012I frequent Manhattan Beach often on business and came across Talia's on a recent trip. If you have not eaten here, you should. The food is excellent, and the service is attentive and delightful.Special Features: