Taleggio Italiano Classico
189 East Post Road
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Taleggio Italiano Classico
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://taleggiorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (914) 761-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am to 4:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Moises Mera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have the ability to cater on-premise or off-premise events. For more information, contact our event manager.
- Private Party Facilities: In addition to our main dining room, we also have a private dining room. With the capability of seating up to 100 people and featuring a full bar, we can cater to large gatherings like weddings, barmitzvahs, business networking events, and more. We provide a full three course party menu.
- Private Party Contact: Moises Mera 9147611111x
- Entertainment: Weekend Live Entertainment
A word from Taleggio Italiano Classico
We take pride in every plate we serve. Our cuisine is made with the hightest quality ingredients on earth. The inspiration in our dishes comes from from the classic Taleggio cheese itself. The orgins of Taleggio cheese can be traced back several centuries. The full rounded flavor of this ancient historic delight is what embodies the art and taste that can be found in every meal on our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taleggio Italiano Classico reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (17)romantic (13)good for groups (12)special occasion (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/16/2014Small portions & overpriced; veal marsala was tough & tasteless. Restaurant not busy & service was poor.
- Good Place To EatcomagicDined on 11/9/2014Went with another couple Sun. eve, presently surprised it was Restaurant Week. We received the special menu and were delighted to see excellent choice selection available. We have been to other restaurants in the past for restaurant week and had lesser desirable selections. The meals and the service were excellent and would return again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restuarnat WeekAlanVIPDined on 11/7/2014We eat here at least twice a month. The service & food are outstanding. But, this was Restaurant Week and the portion sizes were smaller, I guess to compensate for the reduced price. We brought another couple and they commented on the tiny portions. First time I've seen any participating restaurant reduce portion size because of the lowered price. Bad business decision.Special Features:
- Decent Italian fare in White PLainsdavidlansDined on 11/2/2014This is a pretty nice place. Nice space and the service was attentive and pleasant. The food is nothing out of the ordinary, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014This restaurant was fine for our purposes: there was no one there when we were there and we had 2 kids in tow. The food was spectacularly ordinary, nothing to write home about. Why is White Plains such a restaurant desert?Special Features:
- Good Italian food, but...Irv47VIPDined on 10/25/2014The decor, service and food are good here. Waiters are in suits, with white table cloths. They are trying to make it a fancy dining experience. However, the clientele was very low brow. The people next to me were in jeans, t-shirts and sneakers. A howling baby came in and the parents actually ended up leaving. We made reservations that day for a saturday night and had no problem getting a reservation. Maybe this restaurant has an identity crisis, but I didn't feel like I was dining in as fancy a place as they were trying to make it. And, everything was a la carte. Our neighborhood Italian place offers better food, and entrees come with a salad and a side of pasta.
- Very GoodsrlangeDined on 10/13/2014a very good overall experience was had for our son's birthday celebration. Service was attentive and spot on, food was timely and very good. GM of the restaurant spent time talking to us after dinner. I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantLukeCageHFHDined on 9/24/2014This was my second time there. Both times, the food and service has been excellent. The staff was very attentive, the food was excellent, the atmosphere was quite and the setting was great. Will definitely visit the restaurant again.Special Features:
- A Great Find!MaddieVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our 1st visit to Taleggio. Drinks, Food excellent. If not on menu they accommodated you with out hassle. Look forward to returning and bringing our friends.Special Features:
- Just okLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/13/2014So many other better places to go. Understaffed for a Saturday night. Food was just ok.
- Loved it!DEHODined on 9/13/2014I am thrilled to have found this new local spot. The food was excellent. Service was flawless. Ambiance warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Awful Service, Passable FoodTwindad99Dined on 9/13/2014The absolute worst service experience. Complete lack of awareness on part of the 'waiter' on how to serve the needs of the dining guests, even the bus/water staff joked to us that the waiter was inept. Food was only passable. Owner, who was there at the time, was seemingly oblivious and made no attempt to address the poor experience. No need to return.
- Delicious food and great serviceMOJOEDined on 9/12/2014We were greeted by the hostesses which were friendly. The food was delicious, its been a long time since I can say that about food from a restaurant. It was well cooked, well presented and very flavorful. This is my new #1 place and I will definately return. The servers were attentive and the ambiance was relaxing and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food in White PlainsSkippyVIPDined on 9/9/2014While one in our party did not get her order as, the wrong order was brought and she had to wait a little while, the food is very good.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PGL33VIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent all around!!! Great food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceElenaDined on 8/27/2014When we arrived for our 6:00pm reservations, we received a warm welcome. The food was good, staff attentive and non-intrusive. Parking was not an issue with valet parking an option. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLE IN EVERY WAYAlanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always an outstanding meal served by a friendly, helpful staff. A terrific, fairly priced wine list. This remains our "go-to" Westchester County restaurant. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic venu!QQTTDined on 8/23/2014Loved the ambience, service, and food. I will recommend Tellagio's to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our ExperienceLorenzoVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit at this restaurant. Arrived on time for our reservation and was seated promptly. Everyone was friendly and the wait staff was attentive and efficient. We really enjoyed our dining experience here. The food was delicious and we did not feel rushed. Had a great time and will come back again to introduce the restaurant experience with our family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!RacergirlDined on 8/5/2014Had a wonderful experience. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- AnneMarieDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant is decorated beautifully and fresh flowers on every table! The service was outstanding and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2thmanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Meeting friends half way and I have never been to this restaurant before but was surprised by the outstanding food and service. The waiter was right-on with his menu recommendations. Next time I will remember to use the valet service since public parking was a problem.Special Features:
- deliciousdeedeeVIPDined on 7/31/2014excellent service and food. a wonderful experience. the paella was wonderful!Special Features:
- The following 84 reviews are from the Taleggio Italiano Classico reviews archive.
- Great classic Italian food!TerriDined on 7/27/2014We had been to this restaurant a few times before.... We have never been disappointed! The food is great and the service is great. The staff is very attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITEAlanVIPDined on 7/23/2014Each dish we've tried in our numerous visits is fantastic. We have come with friends who have never been to Taleggio and each has returned having discovered this place. This is the best all-around dining experience in White Plains (tied with Morton's). Valet parking removed the search for a parking spot!Special Features:
- SueyDined on 7/19/2014Taleggio was a fantastic find. My daughter and her boyfriend moved to White Plains two weeks ago and we were able to walk to this restaurant from our hotel and their apartment. The ambience was inviting and the staff was over the top attentive (in a good way!) The pasta was fresh, the bread, delicious and it was just a great experience that we had with my children. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- purpleDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is excellent on all levels. We go to the restaurant constantly. It is a winner!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TerrificAlanVIPDined on 7/16/2014We have dinner here once or twice a month. The staff is friendly, the food is great and the portions are generous. Great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWestchesterNYDined on 7/16/2014We went here for a special occasion. The restaurant's has been recently renovated and looks beautiful. The menu has something for everyone and the food was very good. I had the red snapper and loved it. My friends had the Branzino and Osso Busco and both were outstanding. We were seated immediately, and had at least 1 waiter and 2 other servers waiting on us. The service was great. I have nothing bad to say about this restaurant. If you think the menu is expensive than look into the several offers the restaurant has out there.Special Features:
- Taleggio the enjoyablegoodanddelishDined on 7/14/2014outstanding attentive service. Waiters overheard at the last minute that it was my friend's birthday so they brought a cupcake with a candle and sang. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion Dinner was GreatEMH1Dined on 7/10/2014Six friends from college met here for a 20+ year reunion dinner. Honestly, the food became secondary to the reunion! Service was excellent ~ the bartender even made an Italian "spritz" for us using our recipe. We stayed for over 5 hours and closed the place, never feeling like "we had to leave" until we finally realized the time! Appetizers were plentiful and everyone enjoyed their dinner choices. Larger portions ~ had a great lunch the next day with my leftovers!Special Features:
- purple36purpleDined on 6/28/2014EVERYTHING WAS GREAT INCLUDING THE OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- White Plains delicious DinningDeedeeDined on 6/27/2014We have been to Taleggio's several times and have not been disappointed. Service is excellent and professional. Food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid Italian placeGrouchoVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have been here a few times and always have a nice meal. The service is very professional, they are lucky to have wait staff that know what they're doing. The menu is pretty big and offers something for any appetite or mood. I find some of the entrees are a tad on the expensive side for what this place is. The burratta is very good, as is the pork chop and sausage/peppers. Cocktails are decent, nothing to write home about. Valet parking is a nice touch.
- skippyDined on 6/20/2014when we were seated the waiter was very attentive and around our table he suggested a wine which we excepted. after we ordered our meal and it arrived great appearance risotto di mare(sub. macaroni for risotto) a little light on the di mare portion. double cut veal chop was good but not outstanding half way with our meal, it was like we lost our waiter. no tartofu for desert so the house bought me a drink, very nice return of the waiter arrived with the check and we leftSpecial Features:
- WonderfulJulieDined on 6/18/2014GREAT ITALIAN FOOD! The service is wonderful. Treat you like VIP! Will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Italian restaurants that give tremendous portions should first eat in Italy and see the right size portions to present. It is very unappetizing to see food piled on your plate. Also, the red sauce was not good.
- Another great visitdrjbo3VIPDined on 5/30/2014We returned to Taleggio again to have another first rate dinner. We had a guest from Italy join us at the last minute and she thought the food was divine. We shared the lobster-crab cake, fried calamari, and zucchini. All of the pastas and entrees were delicious, but my favorite is the open faced ravioli. For dessert the tiramisu and bread pudding were the stars. Everyone had an thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- PriceyKittDined on 5/23/2014The food was great, however, the wine list is way over priced. The lowest priced bottle is 40 dollars for a ten dollar bottle of wine. That's rediculous!! I rated it for special occasions because it is rather expensive!Special Features:
- Very Good Restaurant - A Bit PricyPickyItalianFoodyDined on 5/10/2014We used a Deal Chiicken coupon -- $60.00 food for $30.00 paid. The prices were a bit high but the portions (with the exception of the stuffed lobster tails) were quite big. The lobster tails were very small -- only a few bites each, and at $34.00, not worth the money, though my husband said they were delicious. I had the shrimp parmagiana and the shrimp were huge -- could only eat half the order and took the rest home. The service was very attentive and pleasant. The only other problem was the coupon had to be used by 5:00PM on Saturday, which made for a very "early bird special" feeling. I would go back again for a special occasion.Special Features: