Taleggio Italiano Classico
189 East Post Road
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Taleggio Italiano Classico
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://taleggiorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9147611111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am to 4:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Moises Mera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have the ability to cater on-premise or off-premise events. For more information, contact our event manager.
- Private Party Facilities: In addition to our main dining room, we also have a private dining room. With the capability of seating up to 100 people and featuring a full bar, we can cater to large gatherings like weddings, barmitzvahs, business networking events, and more. We provide a full three course party menu.
- Private Party Contact: Moises Mera 9147611111x
- Entertainment: Weekend Live Entertainment
A word from Taleggio Italiano Classico
We take pride in every plate we serve. Our cuisine is made with the hightest quality ingredients on earth. The inspiration in our dishes comes from from the classic Taleggio cheese itself. The orgins of Taleggio cheese can be traced back several centuries. The full rounded flavor of this ancient historic delight is what embodies the art and taste that can be found in every meal on our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taleggio Italiano Classico reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (20)good for groups (13)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- INCREDIBLE IN EVERY WAYAlanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always an outstanding meal served by a friendly, helpful staff. A terrific, fairly priced wine list. This remains our "go-to" Westchester County restaurant. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic venu!QQTTDined on 8/23/2014Loved the ambience, service, and food. I will recommend Tellagio's to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!RacergirlDined on 8/5/2014Had a wonderful experience. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The restaurant is decorated beautifully and fresh flowers on every table! The service was outstanding and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2thmanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Meeting friends half way and I have never been to this restaurant before but was surprised by the outstanding food and service. The waiter was right-on with his menu recommendations. Next time I will remember to use the valet service since public parking was a problem.Special Features:
- deliciousdeedeeVIPDined on 7/31/2014excellent service and food. a wonderful experience. the paella was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great classic Italian food!TerriDined on 7/27/2014We had been to this restaurant a few times before.... We have never been disappointed! The food is great and the service is great. The staff is very attentive. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITEAlanVIPDined on 7/23/2014Each dish we've tried in our numerous visits is fantastic. We have come with friends who have never been to Taleggio and each has returned having discovered this place. This is the best all-around dining experience in White Plains (tied with Morton's). Valet parking removed the search for a parking spot!Special Features:
- SueyDined on 7/19/2014Taleggio was a fantastic find. My daughter and her boyfriend moved to White Plains two weeks ago and we were able to walk to this restaurant from our hotel and their apartment. The ambience was inviting and the staff was over the top attentive (in a good way!) The pasta was fresh, the bread, delicious and it was just a great experience that we had with my children. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- purpleDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is excellent on all levels. We go to the restaurant constantly. It is a winner!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TerrificAlanVIPDined on 7/16/2014We have dinner here once or twice a month. The staff is friendly, the food is great and the portions are generous. Great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWestchesterNYDined on 7/16/2014We went here for a special occasion. The restaurant's has been recently renovated and looks beautiful. The menu has something for everyone and the food was very good. I had the red snapper and loved it. My friends had the Branzino and Osso Busco and both were outstanding. We were seated immediately, and had at least 1 waiter and 2 other servers waiting on us. The service was great. I have nothing bad to say about this restaurant. If you think the menu is expensive than look into the several offers the restaurant has out there.Special Features:
- Taleggio the enjoyablegoodanddelishDined on 7/14/2014outstanding attentive service. Waiters overheard at the last minute that it was my friend's birthday so they brought a cupcake with a candle and sang. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion Dinner was GreatEMH1Dined on 7/10/2014Six friends from college met here for a 20+ year reunion dinner. Honestly, the food became secondary to the reunion! Service was excellent ~ the bartender even made an Italian "spritz" for us using our recipe. We stayed for over 5 hours and closed the place, never feeling like "we had to leave" until we finally realized the time! Appetizers were plentiful and everyone enjoyed their dinner choices. Larger portions ~ had a great lunch the next day with my leftovers!Special Features:
- purple36purpleDined on 6/28/2014EVERYTHING WAS GREAT INCLUDING THE OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- White Plains delicious DinningDeedeeDined on 6/27/2014We have been to Taleggio's several times and have not been disappointed. Service is excellent and professional. Food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid Italian placeGrouchoVIPDined on 6/20/2014We have been here a few times and always have a nice meal. The service is very professional, they are lucky to have wait staff that know what they're doing. The menu is pretty big and offers something for any appetite or mood. I find some of the entrees are a tad on the expensive side for what this place is. The burratta is very good, as is the pork chop and sausage/peppers. Cocktails are decent, nothing to write home about. Valet parking is a nice touch.
- skippyDined on 6/20/2014when we were seated the waiter was very attentive and around our table he suggested a wine which we excepted. after we ordered our meal and it arrived great appearance risotto di mare(sub. macaroni for risotto) a little light on the di mare portion. double cut veal chop was good but not outstanding half way with our meal, it was like we lost our waiter. no tartofu for desert so the house bought me a drink, very nice return of the waiter arrived with the check and we leftSpecial Features:
- WonderfulJulieDined on 6/18/2014GREAT ITALIAN FOOD! The service is wonderful. Treat you like VIP! Will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Italian restaurants that give tremendous portions should first eat in Italy and see the right size portions to present. It is very unappetizing to see food piled on your plate. Also, the red sauce was not good.
- Another great visitdrjbo3VIPDined on 5/30/2014We returned to Taleggio again to have another first rate dinner. We had a guest from Italy join us at the last minute and she thought the food was divine. We shared the lobster-crab cake, fried calamari, and zucchini. All of the pastas and entrees were delicious, but my favorite is the open faced ravioli. For dessert the tiramisu and bread pudding were the stars. Everyone had an thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- PriceyKittDined on 5/23/2014The food was great, however, the wine list is way over priced. The lowest priced bottle is 40 dollars for a ten dollar bottle of wine. That's rediculous!! I rated it for special occasions because it is rather expensive!Special Features:
- Very Good Restaurant - A Bit PricyPickyItalianFoodyDined on 5/10/2014We used a Deal Chiicken coupon -- $60.00 food for $30.00 paid. The prices were a bit high but the portions (with the exception of the stuffed lobster tails) were quite big. The lobster tails were very small -- only a few bites each, and at $34.00, not worth the money, though my husband said they were delicious. I had the shrimp parmagiana and the shrimp were huge -- could only eat half the order and took the rest home. The service was very attentive and pleasant. The only other problem was the coupon had to be used by 5:00PM on Saturday, which made for a very "early bird special" feeling. I would go back again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- fantastic Italian cuisineSoundAdviceVIPDined on 5/5/2014We had a fantastic lunch I would highly recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't goSusanVIPDined on 5/3/2014We went with high expectations based on praise from friends but were extremely disappointed. We arrived and sat at the bar for a cocktail while waiting for the rest of our party to arrive and wait we did. At least 10 mins before the bartender took our drink order and the bar was empty! My husband's martini was awful he couldn't drink it. Our food at the table was mediocre at best. I ordered a salad that was a special that night and they brought me the wrong salad - twice!!! After the second time, I didn't even bother to return it. I also ordered a dinner special which was very bland, the rest of our party felt the same way. Too many good Italian restaurants in the area, won't be going back.
- Didn't meet expectationsSoundAdviceVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were very excited to have dinner here with friends. However the entire experience was mediocre at best. The two woman ordered seafood which was actually too fishy to eat. My friend got paeia and it was just alright. I ordered a $40 veal chop the was good but not fantastic. All vegs were ala cart. The wine menu was extensive but nothing notable. The thing that really got me was $10 for kids chicken fingers & fries. They also wanted to change $5 for the equivalent of 3 strawberries for my 1yr old. All in all it was extremely expensive for average for . This was disappointing as yhe menu looked amazing. Hopefully they will get their act together.Special Features:
- Quick Lunch with Co-WorkersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014This is an awesome place to dine. They are very accomidating with large disorganized groups as ourselves - :) the waiter was funny and very attentive. The food was great and brought out nice and hot even thou we pre-ordered (being we were on a 1 hr lunch. This place was well managed and everyone was awesome As for the food??? The Salad's were very big and filling for a lunch menu and the pizza was sooooo good. My Co-worker loved her Veal Parm and another one enjoyed her soup of the day. Overall this was a great place!!!Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Taleggio Italiano Classico reviews archive.
- GreatEddieDined on 4/20/2014It was great. Food was awesome as was the wine and scenary. Portions were great and the experience was too. But, the waitor was very pushy and tried to upsell everything. We ordered so much yet he wanted more! Very noticiableSpecial Features:
- Great FoodMarkyMarkDined on 4/5/2014I had the Tellegio salad. Best salad ever. Filled with lots of goodness. The Bronzino was amazing. Done with lemons and capers. The sides included Brussels sprouts, asparagus and sweet potatoes. All remarkable. Been several times and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodie64Dined on 4/5/2014This was our first experience at Taleggio. We ordered appetizers and were blown away. The tuna tartare was the best I ever had. I have a salt restriction and they couldn't have been more accommodating. The short rib ravioli was to die for. All homemade. The entrees were cooked to perfection, my steak was charred on the outside and juicy on the inside. The steak was as good as Peter Lugers. We didn't think we had it in us to order dessert but since the meal was truly outstanding, we were curious to see if the desserts were as good as the dinner. Well, let me say that the Italian cheesecake was perfect. Never tasted something so light and flavorful. Hurry up and try it before this place gets discovered and reservations will be impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find! Very attentivebethDined on 3/29/2014Great find! Very attentive and professional service, extensive menu, great food and nice atmosphere...will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencebc2007Dined on 3/29/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Will definitely frequent this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014Great food. Great service. Too noisy. We'll return, but asked to be seated away from the bar.Special Features:
- Thumbs up in every category!BirdDined on 3/25/2014I just returned from having a fantastic lunch at Tallegio. I've passed it a million times and finally decided to give it a try. The menu is fabulous, the atmosphere enjoyable and the service amazing. The waiter heard me wish my colleague a happy birthday and took it upon himself to bring us a birthday dessert - candle and all (no singing thank goodness). There wasn't one thing I would change about our lunch. I can't wait to try it for dinner. This location seems to be plagued but I hope this one survives. It deserves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!MaryJaneDined on 3/19/2014Went to lunch with a friend and ordered from the restaurant week menu, been there the week before and had to have the lobster ravioli again! Lots of choices on the menu, we ordered different things and shared along with wine. The tiramisu was so yummy too. The service was an A+ will defiently go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moises is the man! AlwaysSusydVIPDined on 3/15/2014Moises is the man! Always a great greeting...wonderful service......delicious food!Special Features:
- Place for special occasionMarkDined on 3/13/2014Nice place to gather/celebrate for special occasions. A bit pricey though. Definitely not for a regular night outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- true delightMissDelightedVIPDined on 3/13/2014I'm aware this restaurant used to be many other restaurants at this location before. But this one is definitely the best of the bunch! Was truly delighted by the food and the experience! Definitely a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it,,MaryJaneDined on 3/12/2014Went for restaurant week with a friend, wanted to try a new place and I'm glad we did! There were many choices for restaurant week, had the lobster ravioli and loved them. Salads were good and especially the desserts, service was very good, will go back again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJoePDined on 2/28/2014Loved everything about Taleggio - service was great, food was delicious and the ambience was excellent. Would definitely recommend it! Will be back!Special Features: