10600 E. Crescent Moon Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talaverarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (480) 513-5085
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
CLOSED on Mondays
check our website for any changes!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mel Mecinas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy Live music every Friday from 6-9pm and Saturday from 7-10pm in the Onyx Bar and Lounge
A word from Talavera
Talavera introduces a modern take on the classic steakhouse, with unique steak and seafood pairings, comfort desserts, and a range of specialty sides, accompaniments and starters. The restaurant features vibrant decor, dramatic views and the best patio dining in the Valley. Lively ambiance is matched by an upscale casual approach to dining, with a range of menu choices fit for every occasion.Continued
Attire: Resort Casual
Attire: Resort Casual
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Talavera - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Talavera reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (65)great for outdoor dining (59)special occasion (58)romantic (53)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (11)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful night in every respectTinaVIPDined on 11/17/2014From beginning to end, a wonderful experience. Lovely evening outdoors with space heaters made the view very enjoyable. Josh and Lily took wonderful care of us and the food was exceptionally prepared. An extensive wine list, yummy starters, perfectly prepared steaks, and tasty sides. A special evening that ensured we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Grand Celebratory Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/14/2014We celebrated 2 birthdays and an Anniversary with our party of 7 - what a great time!! The service was superb, the food divine, and the wine list was so extensive it was a challenge to whittle it down to a couple great selections!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Everything!greatfoodloverVIPDined on 11/14/2014The view is spectacular. The food is divine. The service is top-notch. I've been coming for about 5 years. This year I decided to celebrate my birthday at Talavera and I was very satisfied as always: the dinner was superb. Both the restaurant and hotel had several other events going as well (private parties, Cooks and Corks) which made it livelier but the service did not suffer. Treat yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect finding!BigEd35Dined on 11/12/2014From the moment we pulled up through valet, my wife and I knew Talavera was going to be special. The staff was super kind and greeted us extensively. The setting where we were seated could not have been better! The food was exquisite! Thank you all from Chef to staff for personalizing our experience. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experience!AzfoodieDined on 11/11/2014The food AND service was amazing, and the view was spectacular! We were looking to wow some out of town guests - mission accomplished! Definitely will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid but not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014The food was very good - the entrees were excellent. The sea bass was perfectly prepared as were the lamb chops. The dining room is very nice. We had a noisy family next to us, which was more a function of bad luck than anything the restaurant did wrong. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our biggest complaint was that the restaurant was understaffed the night we went. It was a Sunday so maybe they got a bigger crowd than expected. In any case, our waiter was handling far too many tables for a restaurant in this price range - so the service suffered. Also we thought the wine list was too pricy. They should have had more selections of quality, moderately priced wines.Special Features:
- North Scottsdale FavoriteSaraKBDined on 10/30/2014This is my favorite and the best fine dining destination in North Scottsdale. The food is always exemplary. Will head back there in a few weeks for my birthday!Special Features:
- Great diningNightowlDined on 10/29/2014Very enjoyable and relaxing place. Excellent selection of food and wine.Special Features:
- Decent Food but too ExpensiveWanderer3656Dined on 10/29/2014The food was pretty ordinary but the the prices are high. This was a 30 dollar meal at a chain steakhouse not a hundred dollar meal. The tomato salad was excellent. Steak and mashed potatoes were nothing special. Two days after the meal I can't remember what I had for desert. Service was very good and the view of the mountails from the outdoor dining area was quite nice.Special Features:
- FishFishDined on 10/28/2014A wonderful evening with great food and superb serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Not GreatDavidDined on 10/25/2014We've dined at Talavera many times, especially the special tasting menus. Given there are 6 courses there will always be hits and misses and that was the case for the recent James Beard dinner. We have to give the chefs credit for inventiveness but sometimes things don't work such as the rockfish on a pea puree patty (ordinary) versus buffalo ribeye and panne cotta that were outstanding. Our waiter was well meaning but at times uneven. Anyway we'll be back. Just be prepared to spend a bundle. Another issue--admittedly we called late for a res but told they were sold out--we found seats via Open Table at 9:30; when we got there the place was fairly empty. We also wanted to sit outside but told no go even though there were tables available.Special Features:
- Disaponting experiencechoosydinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Food was overly dressed which resulted in too rich a dishSpecial Features:
- janvastrosDined on 10/22/2014My fish undercooked and my wife's NY Strip was not tender. Ambience was great but for the price, we expected the food to be better.Special Features:
- We had a special evening.fitfoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food and staff were as amazing as the atmosphere!!!!! And evening to be long remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening!DogulaVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating my birthday and anniversary and couldn't have picked a better place to do it at. Everything was pure perfection. The food, the service, the ambiance, this is first class dining at its best. We have been here many times, but every time we come back they continue to exceed our expectations. They treat everyone like royalty here, it's just and overall enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot, good foodscottpDined on 10/17/2014Lovely setting, good (but not great) food, and overpriced (as you would probably expect at a resort of this calibre).Special Features:
- Fabulous view and ....Luv2VIPDined on 10/14/2014Everything was great except my bone-in prime ribeye steak was terrible! I meant terrible! I ordered med-rare as recommended! It came to the table was well done!!! It was very salty and no taste to it! It was NOT tasted like prime I usually have! The bar, service and velvet were very good!Special Features:
- Just superb.LessNoiseIsGoodDined on 10/3/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the sophisticated menu, the carefully chosen dinnerware and service items and the food and service lived up to my highest expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was exceptional. Each course was delicious and the presentations were original. Service was very attentive without ever being intrusive. The views from the outside patio across the desert to the valley below are beautiful.Special Features:
- DisappointingNativeAZVIPDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant week menu was trying too hard to be foodie. The quality and flavors were fair at best. The weather was great, but the gas lamps on the patio would not stay lit, generating a nasty gas smell during the first half of dinner. In years past, Talavera has always been a favorite - very disappointing this year.Special Features:
- newfood4usDined on 9/26/2014Everything was topnotch from the service, the food and the view. will return for sure.Special Features:
- Talever + Troon = BeautifuljcdolfanVIPDined on 9/26/2014The setting and view for this restaurant is simply gorgeous. The restaurant set at the foot of the mountains of Troon in North Scottsdale, and the restaurant has wall to wall, floor ceiling windows to take advantage of the views of the desert as the sun is setting. The service was fantastic. The wait staff, and the servers were excellent and just attentive enough, without hovering, to provide consistent and "just in-time" service. The food was very good and in some spots, plain GREAT! Only 2 opportunities we found were: my wife's salad needed some more "pop". More herbs, or something to give it more flavor. Also, the music in the background, was some "house/techno" mix...it was TOTALLY incongruent and terrible. Otherwise, it was great.Special Features:
- Talavera TreatAZDudeVIPDined on 9/26/2014We love the patio at Talavera. We love the service staff. We love the coffee. We pretty much loved everything we tasted, with the exception of the spanish octopus confit, which, having never had before, were not sure if it was supposed to be that way. It really had no flavor, although the accoutrements were fairly tasty. Otherwise, a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Will Go Back Again!DrHankVIPDined on 9/23/2014I went during restaurant week and was dazzled by the good and the service. I will be back again. The octopus salad was delicious, as was the halibut. First rate! Great wines, too.Special Features:
- Excellent - Restaurant WeekCholla11Dined on 9/23/2014Visited Talavera during restaurant week - had the three course tasting menus for $44.00/per person. WOW - they really showed off even with a discounted menu. The Duck and Cherry Risotto was outstanding. Always have the Lobster Bisque to start. My husband - who is a chef - found no fault with anything. Server was gracious and attentive. Will visit again.Special Features:
- WondefulWillymyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our dinner at Talavera was excellent. We ordered off the restaurant week menu and were not disappointed. Table service was very attentive.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem In the DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014All the elements of a wonderful restaurant were evident at Talavera! Excellent innovative food served with a beautiful food design, an outstanding wine list with a selection for everyone and a very romantic ambiance. The service staff was attentive and helpful!Special Features:
- No disappointments hereSwan1962Dined on 9/19/2014Talavera was spectacular. The food was amazing, perfect portions, the ambiance on the outdoor patio was mesmerizing. The candle lit glow of the restaurant inside was captivating as well. I will definitely recommend Talavera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special CelebrationseacruisrbabeDined on 9/19/2014We sat outside and they have beautiful views of Phoenix to enjoy while you dine. We started off with 4 of the most delicious, melt in your mouth buttered rolls with a tasty dish of flavored whipped butter. Our appetizers were Lobster Corn Bisque with short rib croquette - very smooth and creamy & the Olive Oil Confit Spanish Octopus-extremely tender and flavorful. The sea bass was outstanding and the duck was half perfect but one half slightly chewy. Croissant Crusted Creme Brulee and Chocolate Grand Marnier Mousse that were both scrumptious! Also 2 lollipop cheesecakes-so good. Anniv. - The chef was so kind in as to give us a signed menu and a box of chocolate truffles-Yum! The service here was excellent and it a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Amazing!MmmmmmmDined on 9/14/2014This was our fourth visit & each time has been incredible. Highly recommend the 'lobster Mac & cheese' as a side! Great view, impeccable service & simply delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed scallops and Chilean sea bass at Talavera. The food, service and wine list were all excellent. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ambianceluv2dine99Dined on 9/4/2014What a wonderful dining experience! Incredible dinner rolls and steaks. This is my new favorite Phoenix area restaurant. The outdoor dining is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceBabygirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014Talavera was incredible. Dinner was for six--an impromptu wedding celebration and we were accommodated graciously. The staff went way out of their way for our party and added many special touches on their own initiative. It was gorgeous and Talavera is now our go to place for all special occasions! Wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceYumAllTheTimeDined on 8/24/2014Talavera is within the Four Seasons restaurant. It beautifully overlooks the valley below and the bar and veranda attached to the restaurant have the same views. The drinks are well made, the wine list is vast, and the service was great. The server was able to provide great recommendations. All of my wife and my food was excellently prepared with great skill. We enjoyed our romantic meal together and would certainly return. Highly suggest this specific place and all of the onsite restaurants and bars at the Four Seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kiwijohnDined on 8/23/2014Service and food are close to perfection. I particularly enjoyed the reverse menu, not because it was reversed but because the food was so good. Keisha is one of the best waitresses I have ever had either in the US or during my many trips overseas.Special Features:
- Incredible food and amazing view!EmptynestersDined on 8/21/2014This meal capped off our week in sunny Scottsdale! It was a perfect ending to a fabulous week. The service was amazing, food was incredible and the view was exquisite! Couldn't have asked for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!thesue9VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious and flavorful--and beautifully presented by an attentive and friendly staff. Lovely views of Pinnacle Peak. Will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfood38Dined on 8/15/2014Thank you for making our 16th anniversary special, loved the small details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TalaverajjqbeeVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I visit here often and we always receive great service and great food along with a beautiful view of the city lights.Special Features:
- A Birthday to RememberEast2WestDined on 8/9/2014I took my fiance to Talavera for her birthday and could not have been more impressed. Every detail was perfect. Every member of the staff greeted her with a "Happy Birthday" and we were presented with customized menu in her honor which was later signed by the chef. We sat outside with gorgeous views of a sunset over the mountains while dining on world class interesting cuisine. Well done Talavera.Special Features: