10600 E. Crescent Moon Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talaverarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4805135085x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
CLOSED on Mondays
check our website for any changes!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mel Mecinas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy Live music every Friday from 6-9pm and Saturday from 7-10pm in the Onyx Bar and Lounge
A word from Talavera
Talavera introduces a modern take on the classic steakhouse, with unique steak and seafood pairings, comfort desserts, and a range of specialty sides, accompaniments and starters. The restaurant features vibrant decor, dramatic views and the best patio dining in the Valley. Lively ambiance is matched by an upscale casual approach to dining, with a range of menu choices fit for every occasion.Continued
Attire: Resort Casual
Attire: Resort Casual
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Talavera - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Talavera reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (64)special occasion (54)romantic (53)great for outdoor dining (51)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Our dinner was exceptional. Each course was delicious and the presentations were original. Service was very attentive without ever being intrusive. The views from the outside patio across the desert to the valley below are beautiful.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant week menu was trying too hard to be foodie. The quality and flavors were fair at best. The weather was great, but the gas lamps on the patio would not stay lit, generating a nasty gas smell during the first half of dinner. In years past, Talavera has always been a favorite - very disappointing this year.Special Features:
- newfood4usDined on 9/26/2014Everything was topnotch from the service, the food and the view. will return for sure.Special Features:
- Talever + Troon = BeautifuljcdolfanVIPDined on 9/26/2014The setting and view for this restaurant is simply gorgeous. The restaurant set at the foot of the mountains of Troon in North Scottsdale, and the restaurant has wall to wall, floor ceiling windows to take advantage of the views of the desert as the sun is setting. The service was fantastic. The wait staff, and the servers were excellent and just attentive enough, without hovering, to provide consistent and "just in-time" service. The food was very good and in some spots, plain GREAT! Only 2 opportunities we found were: my wife's salad needed some more "pop". More herbs, or something to give it more flavor. Also, the music in the background, was some "house/techno" mix...it was TOTALLY incongruent and terrible. Otherwise, it was great.Special Features:
- Talavera TreatAZDudeVIPDined on 9/26/2014We love the patio at Talavera. We love the service staff. We love the coffee. We pretty much loved everything we tasted, with the exception of the spanish octopus confit, which, having never had before, were not sure if it was supposed to be that way. It really had no flavor, although the accoutrements were fairly tasty. Otherwise, a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Will Go Back Again!DrHankVIPDined on 9/23/2014I went during restaurant week and was dazzled by the good and the service. I will be back again. The octopus salad was delicious, as was the halibut. First rate! Great wines, too.Special Features:
- Excellent - Restaurant WeekCholla11Dined on 9/23/2014Visited Talavera during restaurant week - had the three course tasting menus for $44.00/per person. WOW - they really showed off even with a discounted menu. The Duck and Cherry Risotto was outstanding. Always have the Lobster Bisque to start. My husband - who is a chef - found no fault with anything. Server was gracious and attentive. Will visit again.Special Features:
- WondefulWillymyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our dinner at Talavera was excellent. We ordered off the restaurant week menu and were not disappointed. Table service was very attentive.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem In the DesertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014All the elements of a wonderful restaurant were evident at Talavera! Excellent innovative food served with a beautiful food design, an outstanding wine list with a selection for everyone and a very romantic ambiance. The service staff was attentive and helpful!Special Features:
- No disappointments hereSwan1962Dined on 9/19/2014Talavera was spectacular. The food was amazing, perfect portions, the ambiance on the outdoor patio was mesmerizing. The candle lit glow of the restaurant inside was captivating as well. I will definitely recommend Talavera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special CelebrationseacruisrbabeDined on 9/19/2014We sat outside and they have beautiful views of Phoenix to enjoy while you dine. We started off with 4 of the most delicious, melt in your mouth buttered rolls with a tasty dish of flavored whipped butter. Our appetizers were Lobster Corn Bisque with short rib croquette - very smooth and creamy & the Olive Oil Confit Spanish Octopus-extremely tender and flavorful. The sea bass was outstanding and the duck was half perfect but one half slightly chewy. Croissant Crusted Creme Brulee and Chocolate Grand Marnier Mousse that were both scrumptious! Also 2 lollipop cheesecakes-so good. Anniv. - The chef was so kind in as to give us a signed menu and a box of chocolate truffles-Yum! The service here was excellent and it a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Amazing!MmmmmmmDined on 9/14/2014This was our fourth visit & each time has been incredible. Highly recommend the 'lobster Mac & cheese' as a side! Great view, impeccable service & simply delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed scallops and Chilean sea bass at Talavera. The food, service and wine list were all excellent. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ambianceluv2dine99Dined on 9/4/2014What a wonderful dining experience! Incredible dinner rolls and steaks. This is my new favorite Phoenix area restaurant. The outdoor dining is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceBabygirlVIPDined on 8/29/2014Talavera was incredible. Dinner was for six--an impromptu wedding celebration and we were accommodated graciously. The staff went way out of their way for our party and added many special touches on their own initiative. It was gorgeous and Talavera is now our go to place for all special occasions! Wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceYumAllTheTimeDined on 8/24/2014Talavera is within the Four Seasons restaurant. It beautifully overlooks the valley below and the bar and veranda attached to the restaurant have the same views. The drinks are well made, the wine list is vast, and the service was great. The server was able to provide great recommendations. All of my wife and my food was excellently prepared with great skill. We enjoyed our romantic meal together and would certainly return. Highly suggest this specific place and all of the onsite restaurants and bars at the Four Seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kiwijohnDined on 8/23/2014Service and food are close to perfection. I particularly enjoyed the reverse menu, not because it was reversed but because the food was so good. Keisha is one of the best waitresses I have ever had either in the US or during my many trips overseas.Special Features:
- Incredible food and amazing view!EmptynestersDined on 8/21/2014This meal capped off our week in sunny Scottsdale! It was a perfect ending to a fabulous week. The service was amazing, food was incredible and the view was exquisite! Couldn't have asked for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!thesue9VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious and flavorful--and beautifully presented by an attentive and friendly staff. Lovely views of Pinnacle Peak. Will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfood38Dined on 8/15/2014Thank you for making our 16th anniversary special, loved the small details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TalaverajjqbeeVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I visit here often and we always receive great service and great food along with a beautiful view of the city lights.Special Features:
- A Birthday to RememberEast2WestDined on 8/9/2014I took my fiance to Talavera for her birthday and could not have been more impressed. Every detail was perfect. Every member of the staff greeted her with a "Happy Birthday" and we were presented with customized menu in her honor which was later signed by the chef. We sat outside with gorgeous views of a sunset over the mountains while dining on world class interesting cuisine. Well done Talavera.Special Features:
- wezlzrdsDined on 7/31/2014There are no words to tell you how much we love Talavera. It is our special Anniversary dining destination because the service and food are beyond 5 star. We will return again and again to enjoy the ambiance, incredible menu and the romantic setting.Special Features:
- NancyDined on 7/24/2014Came here for my husbands Bday and it was fantastic. Personalized Happy Bday menu's. I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular food/Wonderful servicemelbDined on 7/19/20143 of my favorite things are bread and butter, truffle fries & lobster mac & cheese and I have them all at Talavera because they're absolutely worth it. The butter with the pink hawaiian sea salt takes the fresh-from-the-oven-rolls to a whole other level. The truffle frie with homemade aioli are out of this world & the lobster mac and cheese is stellar. The tuna app is beautiful, not to mention delicious, & I was told the tenderloin was fabulous & the mushrooms that were served with it were even better than the steak. The place has a scenic view, the staff is attentive & the chef came out to our table to visit with us. All in all a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hadagoodtimeDined on 7/19/2014We frequen this establishment about twice a year. the food, service and scenery are always very good. It is a bit pricey but for special occasions or just a nice night out it is the right place.Special Features:
- The Best of North ScottsdaleFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014We've eaten here several times and always have a great experience and this was no exception. Service is excellent and the sunset views and city lights are wonderful. But the best part is the food. we split the Octopus appetizer, and the house salad. Both were excellent. I had the Sea Bass w/ Oxtail and my wife had the Buffalo Tenderloin. Very nice portions and prepared to perfection. I highly recommend Talavera.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu UpdateDavidDined on 7/5/2014We dined Saturday night and had the East Coast portion of the EC/West Coast tasting menu battle. The earlier WC won hands down. This one had paired cocktails and wines that weren't nearly as creative as the first round. Food was good overall but not exceptional. Service was a bit disjointed too. We gave the meal a 7.5 out of 10.Special Features:
- Dinner during Monsoon .....cookerdudeVIPDined on 7/3/2014Service this time was rather slow - not what we have enjoyed on other visits. We live locally and have been there more than 20 times with various size groups including use of private dining areas. It is a place we enjoy taking out of town guests. Food was very good - only complaint was service by our waiter ( not his support staff) was slow and infrequent . First time I have ever asked for pepper on my salad and had salt and pepper shakers left on the table - seriously ?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaycationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Came to the 4 Seasons for a staycation weekend and had dinner on Saturday at Talavara. It was an excellent meal, the service impeccable. The view from the restaurant was amazing, especially with the setting sun. During the summer I would recommend against outside seating before sunset, unless the heat doesn't phase you. The food was prepared to perfection and the presentation was brilliant. The sides of veggies are rather large. We could have done with one and split it between the two of us. I had the Ostrich. It was the first time I had this dish and it was amazing. I would recommend this for a special occasion dinner. Another fine 4 star restaurant.Special Features:
- Exceptional!BonnieDined on 6/22/2014Great location, view and exceptional food. Service was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealGoodFoodDined on 6/21/2014We love Talavera. We were here for our Anniversary and they did everything possible to make it a special night. Great Food. Great Service. Great Ambiance.Special Features:
- Solid experienceGrazingFoodbizProDined on 6/21/2014Food and service were both on target. Fundamental quality of ingredients was good (Tuna, Octopus, Tenderloin, Ribeye). Keisha is an excellent server. She made every effort to accommodate our Celiac daughter with gluten-free options and knew the menu extremely well.Special Features:
- Always the very best!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014I tried the tasting menu and the dishes were remarkable in flavor and presentation. The service and expertise on menu items from Keisha and Andre was notable, which adds so much more enjoyment with the dining experience. Talavera's commitment to local, fresh and the highest quality ingredients is another reason I think its in a league of its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But...DavidDined on 6/14/2014We dined here Saturday night for one of Chef Mel's tasting dinners. It was terrific with a mix of mostly great food and paired cocktails/wine. Deconstructed salad was the weakest link but copper river salmon, lamp chops and dessert were off the charts. Service was good for the most part however we dined outside. When the misters were going it was quite pleasant. Then they shut them off as other diners complained. We asked them to be turned back on but they said no so we had to go inside for our final course (dessert/coffee) since it was so hot. This was disappointing for a five-star establishment. That said we'll be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingluvTalaveraDined on 6/14/2014Our dining experience was outstanding. Our server Sean was very attentive. The food was out of this world. We had the most amazing meal. The views are breath taking. I love Talavera.Special Features:
- Convenient on property at 4 SeasonsLuv2dineVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great place for a nice dinner on property at Four Seasons. We ordered the seafood plater for $85 and were disappointed that the lobster was over cooked. Hubby and I both had salads that were good. Didn't order an entree but saw several that were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerpurnhagwDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with our first visit here, and we could not have made a better choice. The food was innovative, perfectly prepared and beautifully plated. The service was impeccable without feeling "stuffy", and the entire staff was friendly and delightful. Definately worthy of another visit---perhaps in the evening to enjoy the city lights! If forced to come up with any criticism, the volcano-shaped table bases make the seating a bit challenging by providing little leg room.Special Features:
- very goodFoodiesVIPDined on 6/8/2014It went well and tasted good. What more could you sat forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNBELIEVABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Ordered the Tasting Plate - 6 Courses...3 on the menu, 3 off. Not inexpensive ($110 each), but INCREDIBLY WORTH IT. The Chef will take into consideration allergies, preferences and so forth. The service was possibly the best ever experienced. All of the staff are watching out, pouring water, checking up and so forth. If it gets better than this, I would have no clue how.Special Features:
- The following 608 reviews are from the Talavera reviews archive.