10600 E. Crescent Moon Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talaverarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4805135085x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
CLOSED on Mondays
Summer (June-August) - CLOSED Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday - check our website for any changes!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mel Mecinas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy Live music every Friday from 6-9pm and Saturday from 7-10pm in the Onyx Bar and Lounge
A word from Talavera
Talavera introduces a modern take on the classic steakhouse, with unique steak and seafood pairings, comfort desserts, and a range of specialty sides, accompaniments and starters. The restaurant features vibrant decor, dramatic views and the best patio dining in the Valley. Lively ambiance is matched by an upscale casual approach to dining, with a range of menu choices fit for every occasion.Continued
Attire: Resort Casual
Attire: Resort Casual
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Talavera - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Talavera reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (67)special occasion (64)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (53)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- kiwijohnDined on 8/23/2014Service and food are close to perfection. I particularly enjoyed the reverse menu, not because it was reversed but because the food was so good. Keisha is one of the best waitresses I have ever had either in the US or during my many trips overseas.Special Features:
- Incredible food and amazing view!EmptynestersDined on 8/21/2014This meal capped off our week in sunny Scottsdale! It was a perfect ending to a fabulous week. The service was amazing, food was incredible and the view was exquisite! Couldn't have asked for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!thesue9VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious and flavorful--and beautifully presented by an attentive and friendly staff. Lovely views of Pinnacle Peak. Will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfood38Dined on 8/15/2014Thank you for making our 16th anniversary special, loved the small details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TalaverajjqbeeVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I visit here often and we always receive great service and great food along with a beautiful view of the city lights.Special Features:
- A Birthday to RememberEast2WestDined on 8/9/2014I took my fiance to Talavera for her birthday and could not have been more impressed. Every detail was perfect. Every member of the staff greeted her with a "Happy Birthday" and we were presented with customized menu in her honor which was later signed by the chef. We sat outside with gorgeous views of a sunset over the mountains while dining on world class interesting cuisine. Well done Talavera.Special Features:
- wezlzrdsDined on 7/31/2014There are no words to tell you how much we love Talavera. It is our special Anniversary dining destination because the service and food are beyond 5 star. We will return again and again to enjoy the ambiance, incredible menu and the romantic setting.Special Features:
- NancyDined on 7/24/2014Came here for my husbands Bday and it was fantastic. Personalized Happy Bday menu's. I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular food/Wonderful servicemelbDined on 7/19/20143 of my favorite things are bread and butter, truffle fries & lobster mac & cheese and I have them all at Talavera because they're absolutely worth it. The butter with the pink hawaiian sea salt takes the fresh-from-the-oven-rolls to a whole other level. The truffle frie with homemade aioli are out of this world & the lobster mac and cheese is stellar. The tuna app is beautiful, not to mention delicious, & I was told the tenderloin was fabulous & the mushrooms that were served with it were even better than the steak. The place has a scenic view, the staff is attentive & the chef came out to our table to visit with us. All in all a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hadagoodtimeDined on 7/19/2014We frequen this establishment about twice a year. the food, service and scenery are always very good. It is a bit pricey but for special occasions or just a nice night out it is the right place.Special Features:
- The Best of North ScottsdaleFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014We've eaten here several times and always have a great experience and this was no exception. Service is excellent and the sunset views and city lights are wonderful. But the best part is the food. we split the Octopus appetizer, and the house salad. Both were excellent. I had the Sea Bass w/ Oxtail and my wife had the Buffalo Tenderloin. Very nice portions and prepared to perfection. I highly recommend Talavera.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu UpdateDavidDined on 7/5/2014We dined Saturday night and had the East Coast portion of the EC/West Coast tasting menu battle. The earlier WC won hands down. This one had paired cocktails and wines that weren't nearly as creative as the first round. Food was good overall but not exceptional. Service was a bit disjointed too. We gave the meal a 7.5 out of 10.Special Features:
- Dinner during Monsoon .....cookerdudeVIPDined on 7/3/2014Service this time was rather slow - not what we have enjoyed on other visits. We live locally and have been there more than 20 times with various size groups including use of private dining areas. It is a place we enjoy taking out of town guests. Food was very good - only complaint was service by our waiter ( not his support staff) was slow and infrequent . First time I have ever asked for pepper on my salad and had salt and pepper shakers left on the table - seriously ?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaycationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Came to the 4 Seasons for a staycation weekend and had dinner on Saturday at Talavara. It was an excellent meal, the service impeccable. The view from the restaurant was amazing, especially with the setting sun. During the summer I would recommend against outside seating before sunset, unless the heat doesn't phase you. The food was prepared to perfection and the presentation was brilliant. The sides of veggies are rather large. We could have done with one and split it between the two of us. I had the Ostrich. It was the first time I had this dish and it was amazing. I would recommend this for a special occasion dinner. Another fine 4 star restaurant.Special Features:
- Exceptional!BonnieDined on 6/22/2014Great location, view and exceptional food. Service was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealGoodFoodDined on 6/21/2014We love Talavera. We were here for our Anniversary and they did everything possible to make it a special night. Great Food. Great Service. Great Ambiance.Special Features:
- Solid experienceGrazingFoodbizProDined on 6/21/2014Food and service were both on target. Fundamental quality of ingredients was good (Tuna, Octopus, Tenderloin, Ribeye). Keisha is an excellent server. She made every effort to accommodate our Celiac daughter with gluten-free options and knew the menu extremely well.Special Features:
- Always the very best!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014I tried the tasting menu and the dishes were remarkable in flavor and presentation. The service and expertise on menu items from Keisha and Andre was notable, which adds so much more enjoyment with the dining experience. Talavera's commitment to local, fresh and the highest quality ingredients is another reason I think its in a league of its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But...DavidDined on 6/14/2014We dined here Saturday night for one of Chef Mel's tasting dinners. It was terrific with a mix of mostly great food and paired cocktails/wine. Deconstructed salad was the weakest link but copper river salmon, lamp chops and dessert were off the charts. Service was good for the most part however we dined outside. When the misters were going it was quite pleasant. Then they shut them off as other diners complained. We asked them to be turned back on but they said no so we had to go inside for our final course (dessert/coffee) since it was so hot. This was disappointing for a five-star establishment. That said we'll be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingluvTalaveraDined on 6/14/2014Our dining experience was outstanding. Our server Sean was very attentive. The food was out of this world. We had the most amazing meal. The views are breath taking. I love Talavera.Special Features:
- Convenient on property at 4 SeasonsLuv2dineVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great place for a nice dinner on property at Four Seasons. We ordered the seafood plater for $85 and were disappointed that the lobster was over cooked. Hubby and I both had salads that were good. Didn't order an entree but saw several that were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerpurnhagwDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with our first visit here, and we could not have made a better choice. The food was innovative, perfectly prepared and beautifully plated. The service was impeccable without feeling "stuffy", and the entire staff was friendly and delightful. Definately worthy of another visit---perhaps in the evening to enjoy the city lights! If forced to come up with any criticism, the volcano-shaped table bases make the seating a bit challenging by providing little leg room.Special Features:
- very goodFoodiesDined on 6/8/2014It went well and tasted good. What more could you sat forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNBELIEVABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Ordered the Tasting Plate - 6 Courses...3 on the menu, 3 off. Not inexpensive ($110 each), but INCREDIBLY WORTH IT. The Chef will take into consideration allergies, preferences and so forth. The service was possibly the best ever experienced. All of the staff are watching out, pouring water, checking up and so forth. If it gets better than this, I would have no clue how.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The food was great and the menu is interesting. I ate buffalo tenderloin which was delicious. They also serve ostrich and aged steaks. The chocolate soufflé was to die for! Service was excellent and the view of Scottsdale as the sun was setting was amazing. This is a great place for a celebration or a great meal.Special Features:
- WonderfulBabygirlVIPDined on 5/21/2014Service was outstanding and food was superb! Great and unusual entrees like ostrich and venison, but the duck and salmon were fabulous!Special Features:
- RomanticclassysassyDined on 5/18/2014This was a special occasion dinner date, so fairly fancier than our usual dates, but so worth it! The scenery is romantic (fires, stars, night hawks, trees, breeze, woodsy feel) and the music is perfect (upbeat, instrumental ambient) and really fit our mood and style. The food...foodgasmic! The service...polite but not snobby. We didn't really fit in with the crowd, but no one made us feel awkward, which was refreshing. Thanks for a wonderful night!Special Features:
- top notchannabananaDined on 5/18/2014Dined at Talavera twice during our recent visit to Scottsdale. Once dining from the regular menu and the second visit for the special Izakaya dinner. This California girl loves foiegras and thankfully in Arizona it is still served. It was part of my entree's preparation and had it additionally as a side. Lucky me. The bar was jumpin when we arrived but the dining room was peaceful and the view is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentBuzzVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food is great. Service is excellent. We have never been disappointed at Talavera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!ScottDined on 5/17/2014Very cool restaurant and fantastic food and service! A NICE PLUS... Caymus by the glass. If this also excites you, you'll love this place.Special Features:
- gochargersDined on 5/16/2014Great food and very nice atmosphere!! Loved the rolls!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceprimeDineDined on 5/11/2014Terrible. Absolutely HORRID service from the moment we walked in. We are avid global travelers and usually Ritz Carlton or Intercontinental advocates but decided to take Mothers Day Easter brunch at the supposedly best place in Phoenix. The overpriced buffet is what we would expect, so expect that. No one offered a drink or flower to my wife.. or an other mothers that I could see. We finally were seated 10 minutes after our reservation time by the table next to the kitchen. We repeatedly had to ask for silverware, empty plates stacked up on the table, a beer bottle was sitting there empty, and had to ask twice even for more water. We heard waiters in the back complaining of their tips. Wow.
- Very slow, NOT seat outside windyDaveAZDined on 5/11/2014PRO: Food was good. CON: 25 minute delay in seating after our reservation time. They asked if we would sit outside since it was crowded and we agreed. However, management should have realized in very strong winds it was not safe (and should have had an alternate room). A gust blew the water glasses over on our table, blew placemats off, and debris from nearby table hit my wife on head - not serious, but potentially could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...LlabelleDined on 5/11/2014Poor service! Spending the kind of money for brunch we did, we shouldn't have to ask for the same drink multiple times. And our waiter should check on us more than 3 times in 2.5 hours. Either they were understaffed or our server was a complete rookie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best brunch experiencenm222Dined on 5/11/2014When we arrived for our 12:45 reservation we had to wait a half hour for our table which was surprising because we were placed outside on a practically empty patio with many tables available. Either they were understaffed or were making us wait for some reason.? The food was good but not what I was expecting for $95 pp. We went to the ritz for thanksgiving and that was Amazing! This did not compare. I would not have brunch here agai however I would have a drink on the patio- the view was great.
- Great Food Not so good serviceFoodieABDined on 5/11/2014After seeing the back-up of tables in need of being re-set, I felt we were going to have moderate service for our party of 7 Mothers Day celebration. The food was off the hook ! Something for everyone & the Seafood, to die for. Now the service was the problem. Not enough of Bussing Staff so the Waiters could focus more on Service & Delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This has been our 3rd Mother's Day brunch at Talavera. The staff was short handed, and we waited 45 minutes for our table, even though we had made reservations a week in advance. We had originally had an outside table, I called the morning to change to inside(way too windy)...said no problem we can accommodate. When a 5 star resort says we can accommodate you and then drops the ball, you would be disappointed. The hostess was inexperienced especially for a Four Seasons restaurant. The service was poor, and restaurant/bar lobby-overcrowded. The buffet was ok, while not as good as in previous years, standard items, but for $87 a person, kids $43, you should be pampered with caviar and other unique organic foods.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014The food on the buffet was wonderful, it would have been nice if it had been labeled or have a staff person who could tell you what some things were. The staff did a good job of trying to make everyone happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MameVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was delicious. Brunch was amazing. We have been here before and always enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This was a wonderful place to go out for a date night! Romantic with great atmospher and great views outdoors! The food was amazing and we will most defiantly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.