818 Juniper St NE
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mytakorea.com/
- Phone: 4045321944
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mexican, Korean
- Executive Chef: Tomas Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
A word from Takorea
A high energy restaurant and bar bringing together the great flavors of Korean and Mexican street food. An affordable and fun way to explore new foods with an ever changing menu presented by Chef Tomas Lee. Large deck, exciting dining room, 2 full service bars and a late night downstairs lounge and event space .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Takorea reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- SpicySpicy5Dined on 10/11/2014The atmosphere was great and the service and mangers were super nice. The food was extra spicy, and the drinks were great!Special Features:
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014It was my first visit. Shad took great care of me at the bar while I waited on my date to arrive. We moved to a table to have dinner and it was awesome! I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find!TreesejDined on 9/13/2014We went recently for my birthday. I took friends who had never been before and they lived it. It's different and sooo good. There were a mix of different types at the table and everyone found something they loved. The peach margarita is a most try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Wonderful ServicephillyvisitorDined on 8/25/2014I am an out of town visitor and had a late dinner reservation. The food was awesome and the staff was very polite and welcoming.Special Features:
- Great food.MiamyaDined on 8/23/2014Great food and service. Food arrived very quickly. The Sesame Fries were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's ok!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The place was different as far as the food goes. Had the uber bop. Veggies was to be room temperature, but the mushrooms was cold as I've! Service wasn't great, but ok. Server was nice, but service could've been better. The food, in my opinion, you don't mix Korean food with Mexican. It just doesn't work that well.
- Love the fusionDiningGalVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was my first time dining at Takorea and the food was absolutely amazing! I would recommend the pork, anything-had the nachos and taco and both were divine.Special Features:
- Great food and drink...BahamianFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was great, I had the shrimp, belly and calamari tacos.. The Jalepeno infusion and Honey comb which were also great. Took a friend for the first time and they also enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Great food - Poor serviceJenBVIPDined on 6/28/2014Server was inattentive, slow, and had an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Takorea reviews archive.
- good foodrbmoore2VIPDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed to food. Ordered too much since it all sounded great. Server was attentive and very helpful. Hope they are successful.Special Features:
- Great Place, Great Food!Herrera1988Dined on 6/11/2014Always love going here! The people and the food is great :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for pre-show dinnerjdPerigosoDined on 6/7/2014The food was excellent and very unique. The service was impeccable. I highly recommend it for casual lunch or dinner. However, we dined there prior to a show at the Fox and the temperature in the restaurant was stifling. We were dressed for the Fox, but not in formal wear. It was difficult to enjoy the dinner due to the heat and humidity. The casual atmosphere included having doors and windows open for a hot June day in Atlanta. While they had ceiling fans, it wasn't enough to cool the restaurant to make it more suitable for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun menu and RestaurantiBuckheadVIPDined on 6/6/2014Fun menu and Restaurant! They do need a Sign out front, No one can tell who or where the Restaurant is located. On a Major Road and Missing out on all the signage for new customers to enjoy. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Drinks, awful serviceThomDined on 5/5/2014Another reviewer used the term, "oddly surly" to describe their waiter, and I can't help but wonder if that's a theme. We were seated promptly in a half empty restaurant, but our server took 15 minutes to take our drink order. Then another 20 minutes to bring it to us, minus one person's drink that never arrived. We ordered a couple appetizers at the same time as our drinks, and those came 20 minutes after the drinks. Eventually after we'd been seated over an hour, never been given the chance to place a food order, and watched our waiter glance at our empty glasses, then pour water for the table past us, we paid and left. To top it off, the waiter confronted me about why I had a dirty look on my face and told me he was just doing his best.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/25/2014Brought a large group here. The food was really good but the service was pretty uneven. Our primary server was fairly efficient but oddly surly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSuebeeDined on 4/15/2014The food was great, as was the service. The only negative was the noise level - hard to have a nice conversation, because it was so noisy in there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun food, good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014Had nice pre Fox Theater dinner here. 6 PM reservations. Place was not crowded but was filling up after we left. Beautiful April Atlanta evening so we sat in an area with open air. Very nice casual place. Good service and nicely paced. Very interesting food with Korean/Mexican fusion. Our group of 6 pretty much stayed with the taco choices then filled in with Korean sides (kimchi and bean sprouts). All very good. KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) tacos very good. Queso was good. Watch the pickled hot peppers - good but sweat inducing. Ladies had margaritas which they reported were very good. Saturday special -$5 Miller Lite pitchers - so you know how the guys went. Reasonably priced choice for Midtown dining. Good pre - Fox choice.Special Features:
- Great Food!YummmmmDined on 4/11/2014Sweet potatoe fries and sesame fries are AMAZING, the tacos, and the (I'm going to say this/spell this all wrong) bip n bop or bipim? You get it. Grapefruit margarita was pretty good. Definitely great for hanging out and trying something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic twistCPB25VIPDined on 4/5/2014Great fusion of Mexican and Korean food. Fish taco and the Bugolgi were my favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, Disaster for GroupsLeAnnDined on 4/3/2014The food, ambiance & service are amazing. Parking is easy as well. I will be back.....but with fewer people. I took a group of 16 people for Trivia Night. I was told when I called to confirm reservations that for groups over 6 - there are no separate checks. I asked if multiple cards were an issue & told no. The check was separated by seat, which made it significantly easier - but when gathering cards, the server told me that she was only able to run cards FOR THE SAME AMOUNT! I'm sorry - what? Luckily - I happened to have the Square app. So I was able to swipe credit cards ON MY PHONE for different amounts and pay Takorea with 1 card. This is rather sad and EXTREMELY inconvenient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLongVIPDined on 4/1/2014We were so excited to visit this restaurant! The atmosphere looked great...it is open all afternoon...the menu looks GREAT! Sadly, the actual food was not very good. The ambitious menu items were not prepared correctly. This restaurant needs a real chef to succeed.
- Great experience!joopnightVIPDined on 3/30/2014The tacos were amazing (especially the portabello one, and I don't even like mushrooms!). The have pretty good drink specials. We had margaritas and they were excellent. The dessert looked better than it tasted, but it definitely hit our sweet tooth. But again, the tacos! Wow! We'll be back...with a bunch of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colorful SurprisehungrygirlVIPDined on 3/27/2014I was picking out the restaurant for its unique menu that seemed to be full of interesting choices, especially for my date who's a Vegetarian. And I was not disappointed! The restaurant's ambience is refreshingly original - much light, many colors, and creatively designed furniture. The food was great, the service prompt (very important for people who - like we did - have concert tickets for afterwards and therefore no time to waste), and the prices reasonable. Next time I'll try out the restaurant's bar section in the basement - maybe for my next birthday party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALL of the food was cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014ALL of the food was cooked in SOYBEAN OIL and I'm allergic to SOY so the only thing I could eat was steamed rice. Please change to an oil that is NOT a common allergen!!!Special Features:
- we weren't sure about howJGulleyVIPDined on 3/18/2014we weren't sure about how we would like the food, but every one of us loved the food, service, drinks, etc. I would highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, great food, good pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Great for casual get togethers. Interesting drink and food menu. If you go with a group on a Thursday night, be sure to make a reservation as a lot of people come for Trivia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and FunCarolineDined on 2/28/2014Food was incredible. I had an original bop, it was fantastic! I wushu could have taken home the leftovers, but we were at a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to catch dinnerIpine2dineDined on 2/28/2014Great place to catch dinner before a show at The Fox. The food is awesome and unique. I had the Korean beef quesadilla and was pleasantly surprised at good it was. The drinks on the specialty list were definately well worth the price. The service was good. There were other reviews complaining about slow service but we did not experience that. The staff hung out in the back mainly but our waitress did check on us frequently. I'd definately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable price.NelsonDined on 2/21/2014Combination of Mexican and Korean menu. Enjoyed the food and service. Also you are able to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Not GreatATLAllyDined on 2/14/2014Firstly, let me say I love the food here. They have a "fast food" version of Takorea called Hankook Takorea that we take out from all the time. We decided for Valentines day to go to Takorea to get the "real thing". The food is exactly the same. I was allergic to my margarita which has never happened to me before. I loved the deck and thought it would be great to return when the weather was better but our server was a little slow and never checked in on us, he only came when it was time to bring us things or take the next order. I love the food but would rather visit their other restaurant for the same food at a better value.Special Features:
- Nice fusion of Korean and MexicanBillVIPDined on 2/14/2014I loved this place. Brings street food to a vibrant sit - down environment. I tried the burrito with spicy chicken and kimchee fried rice. Yum!Special Features:
- Try the calamari taco!KH408Dined on 2/9/2014Amazing food and atmosphere....we never felt rushed....try the calamari taco! YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014The food is tasty and reasonably priced, however the service was terrible. Had to flag down a manager to get our check and also to pay our check.
- Great fusion spotZWagDined on 2/7/2014I admit - I was skeptical of Mexican-Korean fusion as an avid fan of both types of cuisine, but Takorea works and it works really well! The wife and I enjoyed the Gogi nachos, a handful of takos, and a bowl of bibim bap. It was all well-spiced, close enough to authentic on all sides to be more than fusion just in name, and unique enough to be in a class all its own! We will definitely be back and are adding this to our recommended spots in Midtown. Our server was amazing but she was a little hard to find at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 8 before the theateroccasionalFoodieDined on 2/7/2014Nice that it is within easy walking distance of Fox Theater. Too bad that they are a bit slow on a busy Friday night for a group of 8. The food was delicious but we almost missed the opening since our food took so long. There also seemed to be a question about which server was suppose to be working with us so we didn't get our order in until late. Part of the problem is that our party arrived in piece meal and they won't seat you until everyone is there. I have never understood this requirement by any restaurant. Why not start the drinks? I would recommend getting the build your own bop but ask for the sauce on the side and then add what you want. It was delicious but too spicy and the other flavors were overwhelmed by the sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot stuff!MLEismeVIPDined on 2/3/2014Love this restaurant. Great fusion of Korean and Mexican. Fun menu. Tasty choices - but not for the faint of heart - spicy!!!Special Features:
- Slow serviceATLfoodieDined on 2/1/2014Went on a Saturday night at 6:30 before the crowd . Got seated and waited for 15 minutes and finally gave up waiting and flagged a server to ask about getting some water and service. He had no idea who was our server but he brought our water. Waited another 15 minutes and flagged the server that brought our water and told him that no one has taken our order. He ended up being our server for the night because no one was assigned to our table. Wish the hostess hadn't seated us there. The fries, bimibop, and burrito was good. However, the enchiladas was okay. Would I come back here again? Eh, not for the service that we got . I'd much rather drive to Buford hwy to get some real korean food.Special Features:
- Great food and service! It'sJustinVIPDined on 1/31/2014Great food and service! It's really cool that it's located in a house. We both had the white sangria and it was really good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look forward to visiting TaKoreaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014Look forward to visiting TaKorea again. Great atmosphere, food, and value. Loved the various selections, all were tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pretty good.EatzalotDined on 1/16/2014This was my choice for my monthly supper club dinner with friends. The menu was appealing. All of the apps were very good, especially the sesame fries, sticky chicky & queso. We all had Takos as entrees & everyone seemed to be please. My pork belly tako was amazing. I loved the pickles. I also had the jalapeno infused Takorita. The first sip was BAM, in your face, throat, stomach HOT, but I found myself ordering another. I like spicy & spicy it was. Desserts were both disappointing - don't waste the calories. Service started extremely slowly, but after we got drinks & ordered apps it improved dramatically. The website says they have valet parking. If they do it's nowhere near the restaurant. There is a $4 lot just south of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.