Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant
4711 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.takijapaneseatl.com/
- Phone: 7705228888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm- 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Ken Li
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant
Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant, Dunwoody’s Newest and Most Fashionable Japanese Restaurant. Nestled in Perimeter Village Center on Ashford Dunwoody Road you will find Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant . The Asian Fusion atmosphere and décor is perfect for couples on a romantic date night or a family looking for a special dining experience. Taki also caters to the business crowd looking for a unique relaxing atmosphere. Our mission is to provide excellent fresh food, attentive and polite staff amid the most beautiful environment in the area. Whether you prefer the Hibachi rooms, 30 foot sushi bar or a table in the Dining Room - customer service is our first concern. Taki selects only the freshest ingredients for its expansive mouth watering menu which includes appetizers, entrees, sushi and sashimi and desserts. Full Bar, Beer and Wine available. Our patio for outdoor dining opens in the Spring. Taki is available for take out and Private Parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Delicious Vegetarian Optionfit4lifeDined on 10/17/2014Always on the hunt for veggie options... if you like sushi, then you will LOVE this place! Everything we ordered was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away goodnessexcellentDined on 10/1/2014We all absolutely enjoyed Taki, very nice décor and the food and staff were great. It is tucked back in corner of shopping center so not sure people realize it is there but they certainly need to try it if they haven't already. Great sushi alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for sushi.. Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I really enjoyed my experience ! I had the shrimp tempura roll and my family and I enjoyed the Habachi also. The up charge for friend rice is slightly ridiculous but the flavors are amazing. The drink specials were good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and FoodRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Service was really good as well. We had the Hibachi dinner tonight. The selections is great. We had the Filet and Shrimp combination. Everything was perfectly prepared by our chef at the table. Nice dining area for dinner. Not packed in like many other restaurants of this type.Special Features:
- Great dinnerRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have the Hibachi dinner tonight. The selections is great. We had the Filet, Lobster and Shrimp combination. Everything was perfectly prepared by our chef at the table. Service was really good as well. Nice dining area for dinner. Not packed in like many other restaurants of this type. Great selection of drinks as well. Recommend you trying this place for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableFoodieDined on 9/13/2014The service amazing. Made reservations for 20 at 7p. They we're on time and so helpful. I would love to give outstanding for the food because our main course was perfection but the soup and salad were thrown together. I'll be back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FunLuv2dineDined on 9/5/2014The kids loved the show the chef put on. Out of guests, were equally delighted. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only mediocrepastryboy60VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was average or below. Didn't even have enough menus for us to see. Service was just ok. Overall experience was less than stellar.
- Not worth it!FoodyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was good except for the fried rice which had no flavor. We have celebrated many a birthday there. I was called only to be told I must call my party and tell them they cannot be late, after telling them we know we have to all be there to be seated and we are always on time. I thought the call was not inviting at all. I think we will celebrate birthdays elsewhere in the future as it put a bad taste in my mouth to begin with. What happened to customer service when there are so many hibachi choices.
- Great Birthday!Kenny22Dined on 8/9/2014I had my 50th birthday dinner at Taki and I couldn't have been more pleased as to how things turned out. The food was excellent and the service was great. We had the private diningroom and the room was well prepared for us. My guests commented on how they had such a wonderful time. Thanks Taki for a great birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Very niceTulalilisaDined on 8/8/2014Good quality food. My only sugestion .....do not charge extra for the rice. When you order a plate 23$-30$ plate the special rice need to be include it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some odd issuesFudgeDined on 8/2/2014Fried rice was an extra $2.50, which would not be that bad, but when you're paying $25 for a meal, it seems awfully obnoxious for the menu not to include rice or to even mention the extra charge. That being said, the food was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill Experience at TakiDouglasDined on 7/29/2014Several visits to this location since it's opening and of recent the experience was extremely poor, all service driven. Reservation made via opentable, seated promptly. Server took orders around us, 15 minutes requested waiter to stop by. Food order taken, appetizer brought out just minutes before main with gap after soup & salad. Main lunch had Chicken & Filet vs. Shrimp & Chicken as ordered. Requested no mushrooms in the second entree, delivered incorrectly. No refills on beverages, raised concern to the manager which received apology. The manager offered nothing to make the meal correct. Final bill had $5 discount, charged premium for shrimp, net credit $4. Was a huge fan of this plan and now it won't make the list for lunch meetings.Special Features:
- Great showHB001Dined on 7/24/2014Had a fantastic time, and the chef was great. There food is equally as good, if not better. Best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Friends = Good TimeCaliGirlinGADined on 7/20/2014As always Taki delivers a great time...fun and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for drinksJazzDined on 7/18/2014Taki is a great neighborhood spot. The service was good and the DRINKS are Wonderful. Try the Lemon Drop Martini. LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What to expectKimiwheDined on 7/12/2014We were in the mood for a Hibachi experience and we noted great reviews for Taki so we gave them a try. We had been headed to Kobe but we found they were closed. All the food was good but not great. Chef was entertaining as expected. It never occurred to me that on a Saturday night at 7:30 we would be seated with two small babies but that's what happened and of course they are precious yet it was Saturday night. I don't like to mix my martinis with babies.... The non Hibachi dining room looked more peaceful and appealing and I will choose that room next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandySpringsresidentDined on 7/7/2014We have been long time patrons of Kobe Steaks and very disappointed to see that it had closed. Never knew anything about Taki but tried it b/c Kobe closed and really loved it. Had our family from Santa Fe with us. Everyone was so surprised to find a restaurant that we think is better than Kobe which had been our special spot for 25 years or more to celebrate all special occasions. This tradition is now picked up by our grandkids who used Kobe before all special occasions like school dances etc. Now we all will be using Taki when we want a Japanese Steak house experience. So glad we tried you. We have never noticed any advertisement from Taki. Have we missed it?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!!!!toni706Dined on 6/27/2014My son wanted to eat at a hibachi grill and sushi bar for his 14th birthday! We're from LaGrange GA. We found you all online, so we setup a reservation. We loved the food!!! Drinks!! and EVERYTHING!!! You all definitly made my son's 14th birthday a memorable one!!!! He loved the ice cream sherbert and the singing!!! :) We will definitly be back and will recommend your restraunt to our friends and family!!! :)Special Features:
- The following 229 reviews are from the Taki Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant reviews archive.
- Definitely Going Backbutterflyeyez8Dined on 5/24/2014We had reservations but still had to wait about 20 minutes. The hostess explained that some cooks take longer than others. The food was prepared quickly and our cook was extremely entertaining. He had the kids laughing. Much better service and quality than Benihana!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestSouthernerDined on 5/17/2014Outstanding service! Chef very skillful and provided great entertainment and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Dining Experience at Taki :)kbabDined on 5/17/2014The atmosphere was great and the restaurant looked very nice. I sat in the dining room and food comes out quick. You also get great service. I was pleased with my experience...I would definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was goodGoodEatzDined on 5/17/2014I had never been to a Hibachi before, so I didn't know what all to expect. Me and my husband shared the experience with a family of 7 which was ok, but not what I expected. The entertainment was fine, but the service wasn't the best. I had to repeat my order several times & I had to wait a long time for my appetizer. The main course was almost served before I received my appetizer. In all I think we should have chose the hibachi with a group of friends or family and to eat in the dining room if it was just me and my husband. One other thing I noticed that the serving sizes were huge plates of rice/noodles. I think that also was a bit much.In all I think it was pretty, ok. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Prom nightPromQueenDined on 4/26/2014This place was wonderful for our prom dinner. They were very flexible with our schedule, and the table they seated us at was private, but not secluded. The food was delicious and the staff was friendly. Overall great place!Special Features:
- niceMaryAtLDined on 4/18/2014me and about 4 girlfriends went during lunch....good and fast.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner with KidsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2014Took 3 kids (and 4 adults) to a birthday dinner for hibachi at Taki. Really enjoyed it. The kids found it thrilling and the food was good. We were sat in a timely manner. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Nice lunch placeGeorgehr3Dined on 4/16/2014Good food and great lunch prices. Enjoyable place.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencefricknDined on 4/13/2014We were in town for spring break and wanted to take the kids somewhere nice but they could enjoy. I searched out the hibachi selections in the area. Taki came to the top of the list. I was concerned at first as some reviews were complaining about the restaurants moving chefs around. Some had lost their favorite chef in the shake up. We arrived and seated with others around our grill. Our chef was Teddy. Teddy was great! Exactly what you want and expect from your hibachi chef. Fun to watch & great interaction. We all had our standard hibachi dishes. All were excellent! Would definitely recommend Taki. We have a Stix in our area and it was very comparable.Special Features:
- It was nice!NicholeDined on 4/12/2014The place was very nice and the food was delicious. Our service was great. We only had two complaints. 1) It seemed very loud in the hibachi area and 2) the hostess could be heard complaining about guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyAkealaDined on 4/6/2014My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant and decided to dine for our one year wedding anniversary 2 years ago. Since then, this has been my go to spot when I am in need of a Dynamite sushi fix...definitely a great find!! I love it and the service is really nice.Special Features:
- ReservationbirthdaygirlDined on 4/4/2014The food was great, the cook/entertainment was amazing, the whole experience was exactly what I wanted. The ONLY issue I had was the reservation for a private room. I loved that I could make a complimentary one online. I missed the confirmation call, but called back nor more than 5 minutes later to confirm the reservation and revise the # of people. No one answered so I left a message. No one called me back. Two of my guests arrived before I did and asked the hostess where they would be sitting. She said "We called them about the reservation and no one called us back so we thought you were not coming". When I arrived and told the hostess we would be a smaller group she seemed annoyed and just sat us at wherever she wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hibachi Chef Are excellentMimiDined on 3/29/2014The chef was very entertaining. It was my birthday and he made us all laugh the entire time. The food was good and well seasoned. The bartender Tianna makes a mean margarita. The server was pretty good. I would say the hostesses need some work. Be sure to make a reservation, they will turn you away if you want the hibachi side if not booked in advance. The hostess can be kind of jerks about it which is bad because the restaurant is losing business.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencejoycetvDined on 3/28/2014The staff is very friendly...and the food is always delicious .. grandkids always love to go there!!!Special Features:
- LOVE ITThiaDined on 3/21/2014Going to Taki Friday 3/21 was not my first time being there. Everything was great!! Hence the reason I chose there to celebrate my birthday with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice until the rude owner showed upOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Demanded a tip to pay the chef. Really? I'm sure the $100 I paid covered those veggies ric
- Hibachi chefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Our chef was outstanding. He was funny and personable. Great evening for our daughters birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timehungryladyDined on 3/7/2014My daughter and family really enjoyed them selves. We will come back with some friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is consistantly good,stephDined on 3/7/2014The food is consistantly good, and in my opinion this is one of the best hibacci in atlanta-the wait is often long, even with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go listOcalaSquirrelDined on 3/3/2014I was in Atlanta for a conference and wanted a restaurant to enjoy with 12 of my friends. We had an amazing time, the staff was wonderful, and the chef entertaining. Oh, and the food was great also! If I'm in the area again, I would defiantly include this restaurant on my list of "must go".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2014My family celebrated my Mother's birthday and we had a great time. The private room was just right and the food was great. The only and extremely minor comment would be the cocktail prices, but that's to be expected where ever you go. I would recommend this place. If you want the private room, it's first come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.