1952 North Damen
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.takashichicago.com/
- Phone: (773) 772-6170
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday Wednesday Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday Brunch 11:30 am - 3:00 pm- Dinner 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm NOODLES AND TAPAS ARE BACK ON SUNDAYS!! ALSO AVAILABLE: 7 COURSE OMAKASE $65 9 COURSE OMAKASE $85
ALSO TRY OUR MARKET MENU ON TUESDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS! THREE COURSE CHOICE MENU, $39!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Takashi Yagihashi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will cater your lunch or dinner, 15 guests or more.
Please call 773-772-6170 for more details.
A word from Takashi
TAPAS AND NOODLE SUNDAYS AT TAKASHI ARE BACK!! HOURS:BRUNCH 11:30 am UNTIL 3 pm DINNER 5 pm UNTIL 8 PM. Acclaimed Chef Takashi Yagihashi (a James Beard Foundation Best Chef: Midwest award winner) features contemporary French-American fare with Japanese influences, combining the cuisine and service of a fine dining establishment with the warmth and accessibility of a neighborhood tavern.Continued
Seven course tasting menu available Tues through Sat, $75 - Optional wine pairing $46 Sundays - Tapas and Noodles beginning May 11th.
Seven course tasting menu available Tues through Sat, $75 - Optional wine pairing $46 Sundays - Tapas and Noodles beginning May 11th.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Takashi reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (55)romantic (48)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (16)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (9)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Noodle dishesSteveVIPDined on 11/23/2014Was sad to learn Takashi is closing December 31st. We always stopped on our way home from Chicago for their noodle brunch. Oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was simply amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Every course was done to perfection, Takashi was there himself overseeing everything and was super friendly when he came to our table. Service was great, the server explained everything about the meal and was very attentive. For the quality of food and the ambiance, the meal was very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One last chance at a great restaurant.ChicagodinerVIPDined on 11/19/2014Wonderful for a special evening with friends. So sad it's closing downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Menu OutstandingLooking4aGemDined on 11/9/2014Sunday menu includes Ramen dishes which were delicious. Not sure menu differs on other days but would go back Sundays for sure. Music was an odd choice but fine. Some classic rock and old school 70s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TobiasAmazingDined on 11/9/2014Takashi was amazing. The Sunday tapas and noodle bar was delicious. My girlfriend and I split a few different items, and we kept saying how each was better then the previous. Takashi was there himself cooking. Always cool to see the chef doing his thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie DelightyMarkyfabDined on 11/8/2014I go out to eat all over the city and this was one of the best meals Chicago dining has offered up. Such a cool cozy location, fantastic service, and complex flavorful dishes that are plated beautifully. I am so not the type, but we left and I posted in Facebook how great the meal was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D&JMadisonWIDnJMadisonWIDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I have talked about touring restaurants of our favorite Top Chef participants. For her birthday, I surprised her with reservations at Takashi. We had what we both classified as the best meal that we can remember, along with excellent service, and Chef Takashi was gracious enough to give a couple of fans a moment. On a scale of 1 to 10, we give Takashi a resounding 12!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccassionsilikefoodDined on 11/7/2014We went here to celebrate our engagement and it was perfect. If you are looking for a fancy dinner where you will be treated like royalty, this is the spot. Everything about this experience was professional, beautiful and refined.Special Features:
- Top kitchen and great servicewineygolferVIPDined on 11/7/2014Every dish was wonderful and different. Very interesting menu makes it hard to choose. For the quality offered the prices are reasonable. The wine list, although limited, offers well-selected choices at moderate prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding_except_dining_roomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Expectations were high and, as far as the menu goes, we were not disappointed. Takashi definitely live up to its Michelin one star rating. Service was also good, not or overbearing, very polite and professional. The dining room was, however, a bit of a letdown. Tables were close together and a bit small making it nearly impossible to have an intimate or romantic dinner. Overall, would not let the dining room stop me from making another visit to Takashi, the food along makes it more than worth the trip.Special Features:
- Windy City findTeejayVIPDined on 10/25/2014Excellent. Amazing menu. Service outstanding. Enjoyed all courses from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu was great!Ben1Dined on 10/25/2014This was my first time at Takashi and the optional Tasting Menu was the perfect introduction to an exciting and delicious menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have no idea how they one starOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Far below the expectation, the food is really mediocre and did not surprise me at all.
- Delicieux!RuthelaVIPDined on 10/24/2014The sweetbreads, rabbit, duck and foie gras were exquisite. The skate wing was delicious as well. We plan to return!Special Features:
- WonderfulBarbVIPDined on 10/24/2014The intimate atmosphere and food was great - presentation of food artistic, wonderful flavors and a delight all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/21/2014It doesn't get any better than Takashi.....friendly, superb cuisine, great service. This is a wonderful spot, not just to celebrate an occasion, but to MAKE an occasion. Go....!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosiesbRosieDined on 10/19/2014Loved walking in and seeing chef Takashl in the kitchen cooking away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you, Chef Takashi!outwmywifeDined on 10/19/2014I reserved for 6:30p and did not arrive until a few minutes before 8:00p and they have called me that the kitchen closes at 8pm! Luckily enough when we arrived a few minutes before 8p they still happily accommodated us for our first anniversary dinner. That right there is service enough and of course not the mention the great food, the wine pairing is very appropriate, it all tasted excellent. We both had the 9 course Chef's Choice, my favorite was the pork belly it just melts in your mouth, I never had pork belly prepared like that before. After finishing all the courses it was just perfect by dessert and the port wine, delicious... :) I would definitely want to come again, thank you again for the service, food, and hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was PhenomenalFoodie2014Dined on 10/18/2014Had the chef tasting menu and each and every course was as great as the last. Front of the house put a damper on the evening, they were quite rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks better than it tastesrtakersDined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent. Wine by the glass very good. Food was plated beautifully. But the taste for almost every dish was just ok. The Scottish salmon was served in two small strips that were dry as a bone. That was for two of the three people at our table. We should have sent it back. The chicken in the pot was good. Would likely not go back.Special Features:
- Memorable mealktmasonVIPDined on 10/17/2014We ordered the tasting menu with wine pairings, and it was fantastic (for a reasonable price). The salted chocolate creme brûlée was the best dessert I've ever had. I also loved the gnocchi with sake pairing. Some of the food was a little flat. The highs were way high and the lows were good, not great. I definitely recommend and will be back. The downstairs is more quiet than the upstairs.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceSteveVIPDined on 10/14/2014One of the best restaurants in Chicago. We had the tasting menu and it was amazing!!! Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Relaxing Atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Celebrated the hubby's birthday with two good friends over the weekend. None of us had ever been to Takashi; so we were looking forward to a new experience. Takashi did not disappoint. Takashi offers small-to-medium-to-large plates or a variety from a tasting menu. We decided to try a little of everything and share among the group. We had sashimi wrapped in proscuitto, scallops in a parmessan foam, steak and pork belly open face sandwiches, and a whole host of other tasty dishes, each better than the one before. I would certainly recommend this place for couples or a small group of friends. The service was friendly and attentive. The wine and spirit menu was suitable and the atmosphere was calm and relaxing. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- ups and downsJustinVDined on 10/7/2014Interesting tasting menu but some definite highs and lows…. highs - octopus salad, salted caramel dessert, cabbage soup lows - duck was dull, pork was also a big disappointment wine pairing was haphazard and didn't really reflect the meal content Overall felt like something that hadn't evolved much…..Special Features:
- Excellent!EdgewaterDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful Service and outstanding food. Sunday's menu was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!wmeitzDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and went with the Chef's tasting menu. Wow! It was 7 courses of amazing food cooked and presented to perfection. The soup with the soft boiled egg is the best soup I've ever had, and every course brought something new, interesting, and delicious. To top it off, we met Chef Takashi and his wife who were wonderful hosts. We hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Not a wow place but Nice food and good service. Nice menu with interesting and diferentiating choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday OmakaseNuncEstBibendumDined on 9/28/2014This past Sunday, we dined at Takashi for the first time. The restaurant has a special tapas and noodles menu on Sundays, and an Omakase derived from that menu. We chose the seven-course Omakase with wine pairings, and were delighted—the food was fabulous, the wine pairings were interesting (and sometimes brilliant), the service was well paced and warm. We'll definitely return, perhaps to try the regular menu next time. I was a bit surprised at how casual the ambiance is, but not unpleasantly—actually, the approachable, unstuffy feel of the place was quite welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Noodle dishesSteveVIPDined on 9/28/2014We stop here on our way home after a Chicago weekend for their noodle brunch. Everything was wonderful with the exception of the Fois Gras sushi. The fois gras pieces are so small that you can't taste it over the other ingredients. The noodle bowls were tasty though.Special Features:
- impressivedlschicagoDined on 9/27/2014We expected a quality meal, and we were blown away. The chef's tasting menu stellar from start to finish - especially finish - the creme brulee was one of the most amazing desserts I have ever had, and I don't normally even like creme brulee!! The timing of service was a little uneven, the courses came a little too fast at the start and a little too slowly at the end, but that's a small complaint. I would go back again in a second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All we could ask for - and Takashilive2eatDined on 9/23/2014There was a wonderful tasting menu but unfortunately it required that both if us get it, and dietary restrictions made it not possible. The skate was elegantly presented on risotto which was delicious, and it was surrounded by veggies and mushrooms that were a perfect contrast. Food restricions were accomodated. Apps were equally exquisite, and dessert was a decadent dream. Only disappointment was duck, which although tasty, was a bit chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience ever!froghollowDined on 9/21/2014Did the 7 course tasting menu on Sunday, met Takashi, fabulous wait staff -- Pedro is a jem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas & NoodlesJDsLiverVIPDined on 9/14/2014We recently attended brunch at Takashi. The restaurant is small, with tasteful decor, and a small outside patio. The service is friendly, professional, and they know the menu. The food is excellent! Elegant plates of nourishing food. Delicious flavors; we sampled six dishes. Each dish was expertly plated, presented well, and executed to perfection. From the cucumber appetizer, through the duck fat fried chicken, to the red miso ramen, each dish was delectable. The meal made us happy. Thank you Takashi!Special Features:
- Fantastic meal all around!BadgersVIPDined on 9/13/2014Takashi amazed us at every turn. We had the 7 course omakase along with the wine pairings, and I highly recommend going that way. Each dish amazed and delighted us. Service was friendly, but not overbearing. We felt very welcomed and a sense of calm permeates the restaurant. It was a delightful meal in every way.Special Features:
- One Michelin star?BingEatsDined on 9/13/2014The Michelin Star drew us to this place for dinner on a Saturday, celebrating my birthday. Japanese/French fusion sounded so good! Unfortunately it didn’t live up to my expectation, even though we did have an enjoyable evening. The latter is mostly because my husband loved everything he ordered -the baby octopus, the pork belly and the scallops. My dinner choices, the soft shell crab and the monk fish, were totally unimpressive and actually quite tasteless. We both thought our Egg and Macaron dessert was too gimmicky. There wasn't enough creme brulee in the egg to taste! Overall we are split on the food, which has too many misses for my liking. I’m seriously questioning the Michelin Star thing!Special Features:
- Lovin' it.travelersallVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our crew of five was "first in" on a Saturday evening at 5:00. Our orders included the Trio, a good and generous charcuterie, a plea sing salad of asparagus and beets and a less successful ceviche of shrimp, which suffered somewhat from an unannounced substitution of salmon for Maine sweet shrimp. Among the hot plates, the pork belly, a deconstructed steamed bun, was great. For mains, monk fish and the chicken in the clay pot were winners by a small margin. The food is a great reason to go, but there were a few service issues. The table was missing utensils upon arrival and they were streaky. Wine service was uneven, with the waiter leaving most of the pouring to us. We thought the wine list was excellent, though. Will be back.Special Features:
- TakashiMolly6414Dined on 9/11/2014We had a wonderful 9 course chefs menu to celebrate an anniversary. The food was gorgeously plated; each course was interesting and delicious. The scallop with Parmesan foam was a knockout. Service was very attentive and excellent. Wine pairings were great. It is an expensive dinner, but it is an event to remember.Special Features:
- Crazy good foodJimLVIPDined on 9/6/2014Some memorable bites every trip, no small feat after a half-dozen meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OtherworldlyEddie519VIPDined on 9/6/2014Simply fantastic flavors in every imaginative and creative dish. All dishes are beautifully presented and checked over by Mr. Takashi himself as they leave the kitchen. The waiter was knowledgeable and helpful in selecting between appetizers, small cold plates, small hot plates, and main plates. It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, different, deliciousBalvertosDined on 9/5/2014Came here for date night with the wife. Tried the tasting menu, every dish was better than the last. If you enjoy Japanese and other Asian cuisine you won't be disappointed. Pork belly and hot and sour soup with pork short rib were highlights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.