Takami Sushi & Robata Restaurant
811 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Takami Sushi & Robata Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.takamisushi.com/
- Phone: (213) 236-9600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri: 11:30AM - 2:30PM, Happy Hour 4PM to 7PM Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun: 5PM to 7PM; Dinner: Mon-Thu: 5PM - 10PM, Fri-Sat: 5PM - Midnight; Sunday 5PM to 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Takashi "Stan" Ota
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site to go orders for groups of 30-80 guests are available. Please arrange with Special Events Manager.
- Private Party Facilities: Floating 21 ﬂoors above Los Angeles, the Kimono Room and scenic patio of Takami provides unparalleled views for guests of private events.
The Elevate Lounge features an open ﬂoor plan, modular and customized seating, and is uniquely positioned to accommodate exclusive events up to 500 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Kovacs 2132369600x
- Entertainment: After dining, visit Elevate Lounge for dancing and cocktails. Elevate is open to the public Friday & Saturday from 10PM to 3AM. Friday & Saturday cover is $20 per person. Having dinner in Takami does not guarantee entry into Elevate. For bottle service/ table reservations, please contact Tiffany at email@example.com. There is also complimentary taxi transportation to Staples Center & The Music Center when dining at Takami.
- Special Events: Takami's outdoor lounge is the perfect setting for corporate happy hours and small social gatherings for groups up to 40 guests. Reservations must be made in advance with Special Events Manager.
- Cross Street: Wilshire & Flower
- Public Transit: The Metro station is located 1 block south at 7th & Flower.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is located in Lebanon St. in between Figueroa & Flower off of Wilshire. Valet starts at 4:30PM nightly and is $7 and payment is made in advance. For lunch, we validate for 90min at the parking structure located at the Northeast corner of Figueroa & Wilshire. Parking is $5 with validation.
A word from Takami Sushi & Robata Restaurant
Takami Sushi & Robata restaurant offers only the highest quality sushi grade fish. Featuring 3 kitchens, Sushi, Robata and Asian Fusion. Takami is the only restaurant located in Downtown LA offering outside dining 21 floors above the city with 360 degree views of Los Angeles. Full bar along with extensive wine and sake list. Happy Hour is offered 7 days a week in our lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Takami Sushi & Robata Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Takami Sushi & Robata Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)special occasion (58)great for outdoor dining (50)romantic (43)good for groups (40)hot spot (39)fit for foodies (39)late-night find (27)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014One of the fancy sushi bar/restaurant that I've ever been to. Great ambiance, We had an excellent service and friendly waitstaff. We'll definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful setting for special Anniversary.JayMDined on 11/15/2014Great food, even gave a special seating so that I could sit by my wife instead of across from her. The views were awesome for sunset. The food was delicate, melt in your mouth good. Followed up with a surprise complimentary desert for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service..ehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014When we arrived, there was apparently some confusion as to who our server was. One person brought us waters and greeted us, and then we waited..and waited..for about 20 minutes before someone new appeared and apologized for the delay because there was a miscommunication as to who had our table. Once we finally did get to order our drinks, there was another delay because "the bar is slammed", which is normally fine, but after already waiting forever and a day to place our order, we needed those cocktails! The food that we ordered was pretty good - Poke Martini, Angus robata and the Lemon Albacore Roll, so we were happy campers as far as that goes. I made the reservations online and in the notes section I specified that we were celebrating a birthday - our server didn't mention anything about it. The saving grace here was the view. IT was great. Service could definitely had been way better and it would have been nice for them to comp our first round of drinks considering that we waited for a while to order them and finally get them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Masters CelebrationPerezajr3Dined on 11/14/2014The restaurant is in a great location overseeing the city. It's a must to celebrate a special occasion here with great food, friends, and that special some one that you know will great impressed. Affordable prices, great staff, and the food is outstanding. Thanks to our server TC, our desserts got comped in celebration of my lovely fiances accomplishments with her Masters Degree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiance & slow serviceRussDined on 11/12/2014The venue is the best part. The restaurant gives a rooftop and panoramic view of downtown LA without leaving you completely exposed. Upscale and cool. The food is the second best part. The robata was quite good along with the entrees but I've definitely had better sushi. The specialty drinks list is very good (if you or your date likes sweet drinks) and they're garnished beautifully. The service was the low point of the evening. Very slow service to the point where it let down the decor, ambiance and food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The king has fallenjjpjVIPDined on 11/11/2014it was my favorite and now I wont go back until it changes. food and service are mediocre at best
- All about the view!KimWDined on 11/8/2014You can't beat this amazing view! Downtown LA is spectacular on a clear night. The restaurant was vibrant and full of energy. The waiters were right on task and helpful. The food was tasty but our only complaint would be when you spend $150 for dinner you would expect to go home full! The portions sizes are SMALL and come with no sides so order a lot if you expect to leave full. We don't eat large portion sizes but $25 worth of robata is about 6 small bites - more of an appetizer for my husband.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We had a great time our server (Amanda) was excellent, she explained everything on the menu to us and even recommended her favorite items and what from our description of favorites we would like. She even came around very often and kept conversation with us and the group next to us. She is one if the best servers I've had at a resturant. The takami edamame was delicious, dare I say even better than what we had to eat. The sushi rolls we excellent we had the penthouse roll and 21 roll. The view was amazing while have dinner. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for something new and with a romantic twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A JemSushiLiebhaberVIPDined on 10/26/2014An overall wonderful dining experience. The view from the 21st floor was nice, and the al fresco dining and outdoor lounge make this sushi restaurant somewhat unique. Our server, Ryan, was attentive, pleasant and efficient. We started with the tempura appetizer and the seaweed salad; both were done to perfection, but smallish. We then ordered an assortment of nigiri and a couple of rolls. Extraordinarily fresh, and more than enough for two! We weren’t drinking, but I understand they half price wine and sake on Sundays. All the plates we saw looked absolutely beautiful. And the price? I have paid a lot more for much less. This place is definitely on our do again listSpecial Features:
- Great food, slow service.PiaKDined on 10/18/2014We went at 8 p.m. on a Saturday night. We ordered the garlic edamame and spicy tuna fried rice for appetizers, which came out promptly and were both delicious and a good portion for 2-4 people. At the same time that we ordered the appetizers, we ordered a bottle of flat water. 30 minutes later, our water still hadn't arrived, so someone brought us tap water - which was fine, just not what we had ordered. For the main course: the salmon spring roll (tasty) came out, inexplicably, 30 minutes after the Takami roll (excellent) and halibut carpaccio (sauce overpowered the delicate fish) - at this point our bottle of water finally arrived. The lamb robata was excellently seasoned but a bit overdone. Pumpkin creme brulee and chocolate cake - good!Special Features:
- Japanes with a Chic LA TwistMasaDined on 10/10/2014I'm from Tokyo and accustomed to very traditional and conservative sushi. It was suprising to see the various combinations of flavors and textures and exciting how it all worked. The sashimi platter was amazing, all the various rolls we ordered were exceptionally delicious, and the plethora of other choice menu items provided a great meal for my group. We chose to eat izakaya style and order many dishes and share. Our waiter was not only well versed in the menu, sake, and Japanese food, but also used some Japanese language! Impressive. Reserving online was a snap, the time was honored exactly and there was no wait, and my request for an outside window seat was granted. Outside is less noisey. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timerkfrank8Dined on 10/9/2014The ambiance was nice and the overall scenic view and atmosphere was great, but the service was terrible and the food was mediocre. I've had better sushi. I would not go back. The server I had was terrible and even after speaking to the manager nothing got better.Special Features:
- Good scenic spotComidaDined on 10/9/2014The view is excellent; as you can see much of the downtown from all booths in the restaurant. At night, I imagine it is going to be romantic based on lighting I could see. The food is good; but lacking high-end quality, unfortunately. The service is excellent, however. Very helpful wait staff and persons constantly picking up your plates and bringing water / drinks. I recommend this location for a special lunch/romantic date. I would also recommend to stick to the sushi platters in lieu of their appetizers that are lack-luster, at best.Special Features:
- Great Dinner with a viewSushiwithaviewDined on 10/8/2014Arrived 15 minutes early to our reservation but somehow it was really busy so had to end up waiting until our actual reservation time. The hostess and manager were very friendly and got me a table with a view that was really great. The food was really good and the drink choices were amazing. I totally recommend this place for a great night out or special occasion to "woo" someone.Special Features:
- roxleeroxleeVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great work lunch place! Lovely food selections and great drinks!Special Features:
- FreshOTfunVIPDined on 10/1/2014Fish is always fresh and the service is always good.Special Features:
- Love2eatDined on 9/27/2014Been here before and loved it. This last time was not so great. The fish tasted "fishy" and the best thing we ate was the edamame, which is unfortunate because it's a really nice place. Willing to give it one more chance in the future.Special Features:
- The chicken robata was watery.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Sushi rolls werent bad, but the robata was disappointment.Special Features:
- Love takamiFaithDined on 9/11/2014The food is always fresh and delicious. It's a fun atmosphere with a great LA viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Sayonara made our dinner worth it. Outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was delicious and the view was nice. I would only recommend this place on special occasions. It is expensive compared to the portions. The portions are very small.Special Features:
- SweetcharmerDined on 8/30/2014Great food, lovely view and super service! However, as we were waiting to be seated (which was an area near the bar) the bartender was being extremely loud carrying on conversations with the patrons and dropping the F bomb. Was very offensive and uncalled for for such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Takami Rocks!dedalus715Dined on 8/26/2014This is a great place to dine in downtown. We were a birthday date and we saw (no lie) SIX other birthdays on a Tuesday evening. It's a little loud, but I like a restaurant that's vibrant; this place is doing something right! Excellent attentive wait staff, phenomenal view of LA, fantastic martinis and the Baked Scallop roll was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSOULFOODIEDined on 8/24/2014Well, I could not have been happier!! The atmosphere was spectacular, the service was impeccable and our server Scott (I think that was his name), was entertaining, knowledgeable and professional. The food was fresh, filling and tasty. Did not have to wait for our table. My teenagers could not get over the view so they sent photos of food and skyline on Instagram. The cream brulee was excellent too! I did not leave disappointed. I am looking forward to going again for a date night!!! Love, love, loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasion.theblindman2Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I were celebrating a wedding anniversary and were pleasantly surprised by Takami. We make a point on anniversaries to completely ignore the pricing and get whatever and as much as we want. We had arrived about 15 minutes before our reservation, found the Valet parking (very reasonably priced at $7 for downtown), and made our way into the elevator to the 21st floor. Once there we were seated immediately at a romantic spot near the windows, just like my reservation had requested. The server was attentive and we had drinks in short order, we weren't badgered to get orders in immediately which was appreciated since this was our main event of the night. Rolls are generously sized, great service, surprising value for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All great except for receptionfirstimerDined on 8/23/2014Scene was epic. Waiters were very friendly. Food was excellent. Quantity was small even for Japanese food but the price was very reasonable, so I guess next time we'll just order more food! The only thing I actually didn't like one bit was the receptionists' attitude. All three of them! Very dry, awkward, and unfriendly. It's not just about beauty, it's about being humble, genuine, and kind what makes a receptionist great at her/his job. Other than that bad start the rest was 5 stars! Will recommend to friends. Thanks.Special Features:
- wonderful dining experienceequitytuDined on 8/19/2014The ambiance is fantastic! The feel of being outdoors, yet indoors is incredible! The ceilings are high and the view outstanding. I would definitely recommend a table outside. I was there on an evening with perfect weather. The food was delicious, even down to the icecream. I'm planning on returning to take more people to experience this restaurant. What a gem!!! Can't say enough wonderful things about this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable qualityWilkoDined on 8/19/2014Having eaten here several times, this venue is a firm favorite for me and my work team. It's always a treat to enjoy the rooftop al fresco experience, delightful and extensive menu, and the very personable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushieDined on 8/19/2014The food was disappointing and very expensive for what it was. Robata: 4 square pieces of beef and fish, no taste, no effort at presentation. I was expecting something along the lines of the outstanding Roka in London. Instead, I paid $158 for a mediocre to bad meal...not even satisfying. The ONLY thing to recommend it is the view of LA from the 21st floor. Certainly not the food.Special Features:
- Amazing Food, Beautiful ViewUltimateBaconDined on 8/15/2014Takami is a rare find in LA: A great restaurant with reasonable portions and good service. In fact, the only reason I didn't give them a 5-star review was because of how awful the hostess was. We arrived 30 minutes early for an 8:30 reservation, were told our table would be ready in 5-10 minutes, and were still waiting 45 minutes later and being brushed off every time we inquired. Frankly, the hostess was terrible. If you can get past the awful first impression, you're in for some amazing food with a kind and attentive wait staff. We expected to pay $300 for our dinner, but it came out to $130 for more sushi than we could eat, a bottle of sake, and several appetizers. I highly recommend Takami for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been betterFoodLoverDined on 8/10/2014I have been here several times and this time the food and service was just ok. In the past, both food and service have been much better. I was disappointed since we were entertaining out of state guests. The 18% automatic tip was UNdeserved. I'm sure a few of the other groups felt the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sushi roll of my life!EminemLA2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had an amazing experience at Takami. Their food is incredible - try the 21st roll...the crab will melt in your mouth, you will never eat imitation crab again! The best part of the night (if it can get better than the food) was the warm, friendly and energetic bartender we had RC. We waited for our table at the bar and he made our wait so relaxing and fun. He makes amazing drinks...the plum and ginger martini was so yummy!! You can tell he really enjoys what he does and it makes him happy to make everyone's experience a truly enjoyable one. Our server was just as enthusiastic and helped with recommendations. Highly recommend making the drive out for this true LA ambience, flavor and service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice view, awful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Loved the view and open air seating on the 21st floor, but the food was not good. I ate at Sugarfish the following night, which was worlds better.
- MagyDined on 8/4/2014We picked this spot because it was one of the top sushi places on google and it had good reviews on yelp. The service was great . My meal was good but I have had better at a local sushi place . My husband didn't like the tuna he said it didn't taste fresh. The location had a nice view but didn't like the fact that there was only valet parking . It was an ok experience but I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Mediocre food/service - great viewNoloveforthissushiDined on 8/3/2014The only thing exceptional with this restaurant is the view. The sushi is mediocre, uncreative, and servings are miniscule. The service is bad - had 3 individual requests that had to be requested multiple times. More wasabi was requested because the dollop was so miniscule - took 3 requests. Extra rice was requested - that took 5 requests. One Main course was 45 minutes later than the rest of the table. Drinks came 45 minutes after ordering. No one ever asked for water fill ups or tea fill ups. The restaurant was not crowded at all. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceclassyNightingalesDined on 8/2/2014Took my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday here. Everyone loved the venue and food was fabulous. Thanks Takami staff for going above and beyond. We all had a great time :)Special Features:
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014It was my birthday and my first Time, I twice mentioned That I wanted a table out and end up with one inside next to the sushi bar. I was disappointed and that made my evening less fun. Otherwise , I liked the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinner with boyfriendCeciYaDined on 7/25/2014My boyfriend called me and said to find a cool/nice spot to dine. I had heard of "elevate lounge", which gave me idea to have dinner in a scenic and LA skyline place. So Takami I found! It was romantic and the food was very tasty. We ordered a bottle of wine, three sushi rolls, one main specialty entree and desert. All of that for only $120 (plus tip). So prices are definitely reasonable and great for such view and location. LOVED IT.Special Features:
- Good but...LadyPDined on 7/25/2014If you're looking for a cool happy hour spot and lunch getaway, it's great. Friday evening dining is too crowded and waiters are overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1269 reviews are from the Takami Sushi & Robata Restaurant reviews archive.
- Food with a viewAlyssaDined on 7/23/2014Recently came here with my husband and my father who was visiting us. I was taken away by the view as we walked out onto the patio. I enjoyed the crab tacos I ordered and a Plum Ginger Martini. The service was where I felt it was lacking. I just felt that for such a hyped place, that it would have stellar service but it was rather "meh". My father didn't like how sticky the table was when we sat down and the waiter kept spilling every liquid that he brought to the table. Though those are very small inconveniences and I would definitely come here again to try some Robata!Special Features: