320 S Mill St
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.takahsushi.com/
- Phone: 9709258588x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Leda Brewer /Matt Draper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Takah Sushi is available for a part or whole restaurant buyout. In the summer we also have a lovely patio which seats 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Coffman 9709258588x
- Special Events: Takah invites everyone to our second Hawaiian Luau!
Saturday April 4th
Menu includes Hawaiian drink specials and traditional Luau food.
Live music all night by Cameron Williams.
A word from Takah Sushi
Takah Sushi was born with the arrival of Aspen as a skiing mecca, but consider this premier purveyor of Japanese and Asian cuisine a legend in its own right, a must visit favorite of locals and tourists alike. We welcome you to our lively bar and lounge, entertain and delight you at our sushi bar or in our cozy dining room. For a very special and intimate evening we have created a small private dining room.Continued
Takah Tuesdays serve up Live Local Music beginning around 9ish
Takah Tuesdays serve up Live Local Music beginning around 9ish
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Takah Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- YUCHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant may be in the heart of Aspen but I would never go back. As you walk in, you walk down stairs and the smell of bad fish fills the air. The stairs are black with dirt. The restaurant just doesn't feel clean. The restaurant is listed as a gluten-free friendly restaurant, but I would question that. The gazpacho ( that was supposed to be gluten-free) that I ordered came with tempura fried shrimp that wasn't gluten-free of course. The yellowtail sushi roll we ordered had fish that was not fresh in it. Granted the service was good, because there were few other customers there on a Saturday night on a holiday weekend. That should have been my first clue not to eat there. So horrible. Will never go back.
- j6e5Dined on 7/25/2014A perfect restaurant for those who like to share. We all tried something different different;we all shared what we ordered including the Bento Box the Highlight that we all loved was the evenings "special sushi' call the Tsunami Roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Takah Sushi reviews archive.
- Great sushi but they are closing?MelOnWheelsVIPDined on 3/28/2014Owner retiring. Up for sale. Would hate to see it go :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Water...Bad Service...Bad ValueDudleyVIPDined on 3/23/2014Very inflexible. Asked for substitutions for dietary reasons and were told there are no substitutions allowed. The table water had a very bad taste. Server acted as if there was no problem. Table next to us noticed water was bad too. I have eaten here every season for over 20 years and will not return. Food was below average relative to the price.
- Sorry to see it goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014Takah Sushi has been a "must go" restaurant for us since our first visit to Aspen. The sushi is always delicious, and we enjoyed some new items this visit, including the Agedashi tofu and Japanese eggplant. We visited the restaurant during their alumni party, so it was a bit noisier than usual. But the staff treated us wonderfully. We -- and many others, I'm sure -- will miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific sushiKmacVIPDined on 3/13/2014Nestled in the center of Aspen Takah serves up super fresh sushi and sashimi- that will leave you wondering how they do it without an ocean close by. Try colorado style yellowtail (with jalapeños and yuzu sauce) and the sashimi platter for melt in your mouth tuna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi nightGraceDined on 3/7/2014This sushi restaurant is fairly priced and had wonderful service. The sushi is incredible! I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in AspenfourMsDined on 3/7/2014What a great joy to find such a delicious sushi place in Aspen! Delicious & absolutely recommendable!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant but not all that...AnnieDined on 3/6/2014The maître de was delightful, and sat us at a very comfortable table. We ordered, and the tempura came and was delicious. Then our rolls came, and the wrap was very rubbery, and hard to chew. We had to pull them apart to get to the middles which were just ok. The waitress was a bit brusque and seemed to want us to hurry, which we did to get out of there. Not sure I would recommend.
- DinnerSushiloverDined on 2/27/2014Was delicious! And our kids were treated well and loved the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sashimi was cut way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2014The sashimi was cut way too thick. Did not have a delicate fresh taste. Very disappointing Would not return
- Fantastic Sushi DinnerKSnowVIPDined on 1/17/2014We've been coming to Takah for sushi dinners for a few years now and the quality has never let us down. Great atmosphere, fantastic food, and a fun place to celebrate a special occasion (let your server know it's your birthday for a "special" birthday dessert ;) ). Order the atomic shrimp appetizer- you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fusion cuisine!OlegDined on 1/7/2014Excellent fusion cuisine! Fast and good service. Very friendly, very recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi.DiomDined on 8/9/2013Great sushi in a great location. Service was good but food arrived very fastI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressed on the service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2013Not too impressed on the service. Did not receive what we ordered. Food was ok, but was expecting more based on the location.Special Features:
- Great food, poor servicejqttj6Dined on 7/31/2013Food, as always, was amazing. Go for the Takah Special Roll, Spicy Yellowtail, Blackened Yellowtail sashimi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We eat sushi on average ofSushiloversDined on 7/19/2013We eat sushi on average of once a week, and when we travel we always love trying new places! This was a great sushi experience for us, the fish was very fresh and great portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi in downtown AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/30/2013We had a group of 6 - the food and service were excellent. It's in the basement sort of which was weird at first but it was really cozy and intimate. Good price for Aspen as well - not too much over upscale sushi in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodmartygrawVIPDined on 6/27/2013Atomic shrimp to die for. And Kobe beef sliders with 3 different sauces were perfect. The Takaih Sushii roll was awesome. We will be going back during our visit Aspen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Japanes Style foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2013We had marinated black cod that was just cooked to the opaque point, delicious! And the shrimp in the soup same thing, not overcooked, Wonderful meal, was worth every dollar. Go back any time.Special Features:
- excellent food overall, qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013excellent food overall, quality of fresh fish/shellfish was excellent; create and inventive menu with traditional Japanese items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the other two placesWiseTakahVIPDined on 6/14/2013Better service better sushi and MUCH BETTER PRICESSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent, serviceDaveDined on 3/26/2013Food was excellent, service was indifferent and oddly paced. We did not get our wine until we were halfway through our meal so when we were done with the food we had half a bottle left. They did give us a brown bag to take the wine home. The restaurant is small, crowded and noisy - not necessarily bad if you like that ambience, just be aware of it if you don't. I reservedly recommend it because the food was so good and if you understand the limitations, but would probably not go back.Special Features:
- I have been coming to AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2013I have been coming to Aspen since 25 years ago and evry time i come with we go for dinner. Also we like to spend New Years Eve there. We like the fiid very much.Special Features:
- We were late, but they veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013We were late, but they very kindly accommodated us. Sushi was good, and dessert was good.Special Features:
- Consistently 5-StarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013This has always been my wife and my favorite places. Go for the Atomic Shrimp first.Special Features:
- As fresh a sushi as you wouldjdantotherescueDined on 3/11/2013As fresh a sushi as you would find in Seattle or San Francisco. Well presented.Special Features:
- Always great--our go-to placeReffgirlDined on 3/9/2013Always great--our go-to place in Aspen. Everyone can find something they like. Good food and serviceSpecial Features:
- A wonderful restaurant. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013A wonderful restaurant. Always eat there when in AspenSpecial Features:
- As always Casey and her daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013As always Casey and her daughter are doing a fine job. The waiter chose all of our selections based upon our request. For a party of seven of various ages and taste requirements it was perfect. After many years of coming to Aspen its good to see the old standby still going strong....it's not an easy business and many have not fared as well...Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- love the atomic lobster roll!!mm0817VIPDined on 2/21/2013love the atomic lobster roll!! it's insane. a ton of other great, amazing sushi..both sashimi and rolls.
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/20/2013The food was excellent and a very reasonably-priced, extensive wine list.Special Features:
- My wife likes Sushi (althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013My wife likes Sushi (although not my favorite food) I tried one of her tuna tacos and enjoyed it. My wife rated the sushi very good. I enjoyed a cooked shell fish entree. All the tables were taken on a Sunday - busy Aspen weekend. Although we had a reservation we were early and sat at the bar. We had a good time bantering with the bartender and ended up eating at the bar (you can save a few bucks with the bar menu). Fun place even if sushi / sashimi dishes are not your favorite.
- One of the best sushi restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013One of the best sushi restaurants in the country period.
- Great place. Great serviceWiseTakahVIPDined on 2/6/2013Great place. Great service most reasonable priced sushi in aspen
- The food was good but notDonnakirk76Dined on 2/4/2013The food was good but not worth the price. The Vietnamese lettuce wrap was the best part of my meal. The calamari was tender but the flavor was nothing more than typical. I was looking forward to the Thai roll because,at $28 for one roll, it better be special! Peanuts and a hint of lemongrass. Okaaaay, but $28??. The spicy tuna roll wasn't all that spicy without wasabi. All that said, the service was attentive and friendly, atmosphere hip and pleasant. I probably won't go again but would probably tell others who come to Aspen about it.Special Features:
- I live in Aspen, which hasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013I live in Aspen, which has many restaurants. Takah is, by far, my favorite.Special Features:
- Friendly service and veryWineluv3VIPDined on 1/11/2013Friendly service and very good food. Not cheap, but definitely one of the better values in Aspen. We especially enjoyed the calamari, pad thai, and Sashimi "Colorado Style". Ordered several dishes and they were all very good. Takah has good cocktails as well.Special Features:
- Consistently very good foodLuvfreshandlightVIPDined on 11/30/2012Consistently very good food and an overall pleasure.Special Features:
- We were a party of three olderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2012We were a party of three older adults who loved our food. We also noted that when we entered and requested a quiet seating spot, the manager lowered the music level. Unusual but greatly appreciated response. We could converse without shouting.Special Features: