Taj of Marin - San Rafael
909 4th St
San Rafael, CA 94901Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Taj of Marin - San Rafael
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tajofmarin.com/
- Phone: 4154599555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music with us on Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday for Dinner.
A word from Taj of Marin - San Rafael
Taj of Marin has been recently acquired by the Singh family of India. The current goal of Taj is to provide authentic and delicious Indian food at a great price. The family is truly dedicated to providing an upscale experience at an affordable price. Situated in the heart of downtown San Rafael, Taj of Marin offers the most exquisite and authentic Indian cuisine in North Bay. The restaurant, adorned with traditional Indian artwork and decor, provides a serene and comforting atmosphere. The menu encompasses the very best of North and South Indian cuisines and includes vegetarian, meat, seafood, gluten-free, and vegan options. To complete the dining experience, Taj of Marin carries an exceptional selection of beers, fine wines, and traditional Indian drinks. At Taj of Marin, you will find impeccable food, outstanding customer service, and a delightful environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taj of Marin - San Rafael reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Really enjoyed the TAj!trekkieDined on 9/14/2014The Taj has a dinner buffet with a wonderful selection from which to choose so there was something for everyone. There were 4 adults and 3 children and we all enjoyed the food! This is also a very kid friendly place. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Their regular dinners are great; well prepared and nicely spiced. On the Friday night we were there, we all enjoyed the fabulous and tasty buffet - a little bit of their best dishes, for $17.00. It was wonderful!Special Features:
- Good DinnerCKinMarinVIPDined on 8/6/2014We had a fairly good dinner here last week but think there is better Indian food to be found in San Rafael. One nice touch was the live music - great background and not too loud.
- Excellent food and servicemicaDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food and service. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, creative Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/16/2014There are numerous Indian restaurants in the SF Bay Area and most menus are very, very similar. Taj had dishes, styles and preparations that I haven't seen before. A very nice dinner!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceCondesaVIPDined on 4/29/2014We had dinner here last week and were very pleased. The service was very attentive without hovering, really pleasant. We ordered 2 appetizers, 4 main dishes and the non bread basket for 4 people; we had food left over. All dishes were very flavorful and wonderfully prepared. I look forward to gong back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/10/2014Just tried their weekend dinner buffet. It's great, and different choices from the lunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Indian and very authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2013The town was havering a fair out front so it was busy to get too. After 5:30pm parking is free in town. I have two half orders and the chicken tandoor was good and not dried out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is interesting, wellVinoVeritasVIPDined on 4/13/2013The food is interesting, well prepared and tasty. We especially enjoyoed the Tandoori fish. It was perfectly cooked and spiced. The service is very attentive and gracious. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- great food and a wide varietyJezebelDined on 2/1/2013great food and a wide variety of vegan and gluten free items. Entertainment is provided several nights a week. A good sitar musician.Special Features:
- Good Indian food, not tooJabulaDined on 11/15/2012Good Indian food, not too spicy, but you can always request more heat. Service is efficient and friendly. They have live music a few nights per week. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great, flavourful, IndianFilippoVIPDined on 11/1/2012Great, flavourful, Indian food. We will return to Taj for many more meals.Special Features: