TAIX French Restaurant
1911 W Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
TAIX French Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taixfrench.com/
- Phone: 2134841265x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Tailored to meet the needs of your special event. Call for more information.
- Entertainment: In the "321 Lounge", live local, and original Artists from Wednesday through Saturday Nights starting at 10:30pm, "French Toast" Comedy on Sunday Nights starting at 8:00pm. Check out our Monthly Line Up on our website.
Now serving HAPPY HOUR in the "321 Lounge" from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Now Featuring: Late Night Menu. Wednesday through Saturday. From 10:00 pm until 1:00 am, In the "321 Lounge" only.
A word from TAIX French Restaurant
The oldest family owned and operated French restaurant in Los Angeles. Serving affordable and elegant country French cuisine since 1927. With over 400 wines to choose from that are at or just above retail price, still makes it "The best kept wine secret in LA." (Dan Berger, LA Times)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TAIX French Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Taix remains a consistentJiblawDined on 11/11/2012Taix remains a consistent winner for feel good, taste good, convenient place to relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- We are a regular customerRayLeslieDined on 11/9/2012We are a regular customer and continue to return whenever we have an event at Disney or Ahmanson. We've never been disappointed. Can't wait for the next concert in a couple of weeks. Prices are great for the quality.
- The atmosphere gives an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2012The atmosphere gives an excellent traditional French feel. Food is excellent and thoughtfully prepared. Excellent wait staff.Special Features:
- As A Foodie, I thought theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012As A Foodie, I thought the people were nice enough BUT the decor was very very old and outdated. We saw LOTS of Elderly people so we did not feel like we fit in with the crowd. As far as the food, we gave it a "C" grade and that was being generous on our part as the people were nice. The menu had very very little selection and for a french restaurant it really did not have much in the way of french food except for the meal of the night was Duck and the some of the appetizers and the french onion soup...but my husband said he had better at Mimi's. Anyway this was a bit disappointing as this was our Anniversary Celebration and this place had GREAT ratings ans we expected better. But as I said before the people were nice.
- 50 Years Strong and Still Going!HollyandMarkDined on 11/3/2012Taix is classic old Hollywood/Los Angeles! Some would consider the decor dated, but it works here. I was at Taix once before at 17 and now 34 years later as it is a 2 hour drive. Our meal was perfectly paced. I cannot remember the last time I had soup ladled at the table with the tureen left behind in case we wanted more! My lambchops were perfectly cooked as was my husband's steak. Dessert was delicious: panne cotta, divine, and chocolate mousse with lots of chocolate, not that fluffy whipped stuff that most places call mousse. A lovely quartet of gentlemen servers sang me a beautiful version of Happy Birthday with fabulous harmony. Prices were very reasonable for LA. Congratulations to Taix on Fifty Years and Best Wishes for 50 more.Special Features:
- We had a time limit and asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012We had a time limit and as a result the service was perfect, fast and the food was very good. I think the best was the lentil soup. Our waiter was a wonderful French man who has worked there for 50 years.Special Features:
- I love coming here. BernardPurpleCatDined on 10/26/2012I love coming here. Bernard is the best wait person ever!Great wine selections, very nice bar, tasty and affordable menu.Special Features:
- Taix never fails to please.BarryAJDined on 10/18/2012Taix never fails to please. This landmark Los Angeles restaurant is a gem and worth dining there either for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Historical Gem!SarahDined on 10/9/2012Wonderful historic eatery in Los Angeles. Step back in time and enjoy France's best. Short ribs are amazing!Special Features:
- This is the most charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/30/2012This is the most charming throw back to another time! The food may not be THE most sophisticated but it is good and our waiter, Joel, made the whole evening a joy. It was also nice to be amongst a very mixed crowd -- not the usual homogeneous downtown folks.Special Features:
- Taix: Gold Standard in L.A. DiningDonaldMVIPDined on 9/30/2012Taix is our "go to" restaurant when we visit L.A. We drive into the city from Irvine to attend the theater and we ALWAYS dine at Taix. It's a short drive from the Music Center, parking is convenient, and reasonably priced at $2.50, and the food never disappoints. In addition to being well prepared, the prices are reasonable, and the portions are generous. If you go for dinner, be certain to order their soup and salad option; you won't be sorry.Special Features:
- This was our second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012This was our second visit. Love the food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the food -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012Disappointed in the food - a bit heavy for French. Ambiance nice and enjoyed the air conditioning.Special Features:
- I've been going to Taix'sPurrfectPawsVIPDined on 9/13/2012I've been going to Taix's for decades, and am always relieved when I arrive that it's still there. The throwback to the past is just perfect for a business lunch. The service is attentive, food the right portion size and price, lighting and noise level accommodating for holding a conversation. The hosts and servers have been there forever too, which is a tribute to the restaurant. Given that it's been there for at least 60 years, I think they know they're doing everything right!Special Features:
- Old World Old Glassware Great FoodwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 9/11/2012Such a delightful old fashioned French restaurant establishment. The furnishings are dated, restaurant is clean. A pet peeve is the wine glasses are thick glass with TAIX logo printed on them. The wine list has some very excellent options at very reasonable prices, and the wine deserves a better glass. The menu is excellent. Escargot served in shells with yummy garlicy sauce. Mussels are tasty, two different preparations are available. The French Onion Soup is yummy. All entrees are plentiful and delicious. The creme brulee is perfect. The bartender makes a fantastic drink. Wines by the glass choices are "ok" - but the wine list is better and reasonably priced. The service is polished.
- Taix is our tradition forNiRodVIPDined on 8/21/2012Taix is our tradition for birthday lunches in our group. This one was unique because the power in the area was out, so we had no lights or A/C. But they did a great job opening the doors and lighting candles. We really hardly noticed. Not sure what they did in the kitchen, but we weren't delayed. Credit cards were manual, but even that was quick! Thanks for a great meal and celebration.Special Features:
- Taix is a family and friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Taix is a family and friends favorite. We always have dinner before or after the theatre at Taix. It's a great feeling that the waiters have familiar faces that you immediately recognize from previous dining visits. Taix must take very good care of their employees. The bar is always active too.Special Features:
- Fun to step back in time atLoLoVIPDined on 8/14/2012Fun to step back in time at this old haunt! Food had an old fashioned but with a delicious flair. It's a bygone era and worth recounting. Service cheerful and staff friendly.Special Features:
- Wonderful French food in aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Wonderful French food in a beautiful setting. One of the best in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- My friend and i enjoyed aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2012My friend and i enjoyed a relaxing lunch, without pressure to "move along". The waiters were all very helpful. We enjoyed our selections and felt that we received ample. i will return.Special Features:
- Excellent experience. BernardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012Excellent experience. Bernard was a wonderful waiter. We really enjoyed all of our food, especially the chocolate mousse! It was to die for!Special Features:
- we always enjoy coming toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012we always enjoy coming to the restaurant--I have been coming even before your"recent" move from down town.Taix and Mussos are the last of the good old meat and potatos restaurantkeep it upSpecial Features:
- Other Worldly... Taix delivers!sdGALVIPDined on 8/4/2012What a totally awesome dinner! Taix has been around since the 1920s and totally has this other-era vibe. The outside of the restaurant is nothing to look at and even upon first entering you wonder if maybe you've made a poor choice for your dinner reservation. But once you make it into the warm, cozy and charming dining room - things take an upswing. The food is perfection. The best Duck L'Orange in California. The skin is extremely crisp and the duck isn't fatty. Divine! The ratatouille has delicately balanced flavors. And the Floating Island and Dark Chocolate Mousse are ethereal! The prices are extremely reasonable. I love Taix! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Thank you Bernard, our veryPSmithVIPDined on 8/2/2012Thank you Bernard, our very attentive and fine waiter! Many years of excellent service and our steaks were FAB!!! And to top it off with a sherbet, cool and refreshing. A great evening with my friend, Alex.Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2012The food was good and the service staff were very friendly.Special Features:
- Our first--but not our last--visittimberVIPDined on 7/29/2012Our first--but not our last--visit to Taix. We were prepared for a very dated experience and went only because friends told us to go. More than pleasantly surprised, we had great meals, in a retro setting, with great service, and suprisingly low prices. Soups were great--pea soup and french onion--salads were good. Steak frites, steak cooked to order. Roasted chicken was superb--perfectly cooked, more than enough, with a mound of fries. If we lived a little closer, Taix would be our "go-to" place when we just don't want to cook at home. A fun experience with really good food and service at a great price. We loved it.Special Features:
- We've been here many times,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2012We've been here many times, and we have never been disappointed. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- Have been to Taix six or seveneliza3939Dined on 7/15/2012Have been to Taix six or seven times in the past though not in several years. The wait staff was very attentive/informative but the food was not remarkable. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The interior was worn-out,old. We won't be returning.
- Our first time at Taix andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2012Our first time at Taix and we were very happy with our evening with friends. On Bastille Day, no less! Would love to return and explore more of the menu.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed the TaixOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2012Thoroughly enjoyed the Taix experience! Bernard, our waiter, is a 50 year employee of the restaurant, charming, and very accommodating to our requests for special and menu help. The food is truly French country -- delicious, satisfying, and well prepared. The pork chop dinner I ordered was excellent, a nice thick, juicy chop not overdone, sauce was just enough to add to it but not overpower, and the roasted potatoes and still crisp vegetables were wonderful accompaniments. The soups are homemake as are the desserts - they are "must try" items, but unfortunately they can't all be tasted at one meal!!! As wonderful as it all is, it's not overpriced. We'll be back to Taix before long!Special Features:
- Our waiter, Philippe was mostOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Our waiter, Philippe was most attentive and informative---he gave us the "french flair" that I missed upon our entrance with the hostess and valet.Special Features:
- Taix is on Task!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012I had always wanted to visit Taix and was delighted. The food was authentic French and the service excellent. They have a great bar as well as a private room for a large party.Best of all the price was very reasonable. Bonus, you can actually have a dinner conversation and the room was beautiful in keeping with the elegant fare.Special Features:
- Oh la la!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2012Food is fabulous! Satiated my appetite for French cuisine which I had been craving for months! French onion soup did not hold a candle to Paris but it was good. Escargot was delicious as were the Moules y Frites. Our waiter, bless his heart was elderly and confused. Delightful but required several "reminders".Special Features:
- I LOVE "Taix"!!! The FiletPSmithVIPDined on 6/25/2012I LOVE "Taix"!!! The Filet Mignon was incredible! Took a friend, his first visit and he wants to return ASAP!!! Thank you to our waiter, Bernard!!!Special Features:
- Very disappointed in the "specials"OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2012Very disappointed in the "specials" offer of prime rib. Was told it was cooked medium rare. It was gray and tough. Good salad, good soup, good martini but I'll pass on returning.Special Features:
- Great experienceRickEDined on 6/16/2012Our group of 5 enjoyed dinner after a matinee at the Pantages. The food was delightful and the staff very knowledgeable. No one ordered wine, but the list was impressive. Food presentation was outstanding. Of course several folks ordered French onion soup, and we were advised that it would be an extra 8-10 min. We knew this and the soup was a treat. The staff was very attentive, including to our desire to visit with each other. The meringue island dessert was memorable, and a very light finish.Special Features:
- Reliable good food, well preparedbunkieDined on 6/9/2012Reliable good food, well prepared and presented. Friendly helpful service. It's a nice comfortable place to dine, be able to converse, and have predictably good food. Not overly exciting cuisine but one doesn't always want or need that. Again, I place I do return to as it is comfortable, good quality and fairly priced.Special Features:
- So much old world charm; FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2012So much old world charm; French Onion Soup was terrific; our waitress was so old but so sweet it added a lot to the rustic atmosphere in the lounge. Overall great value-large portions and food was delicious! Will definitely go back; I recommend for anyone NOT looking for a trendy Hollywood type spot with models for servers and industrial/aged wood-type of ambiance; those that want a real great atmosphere with th charm, passion, and care that only a really old gem can provide! ISpecial Features:
- We have been going to TaixOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/26/2012We have been going to Taix for many years but this time, the food was exceptionally good. Whatever changes they have made to their kitchen, I hope they continue!
- Bernard is the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2012The martini's were perfectly chilled with a bit of scrimm on top. French onion soup was terrific as was the short ribs and roast chicken but the reason we go is because Bernard, our waiter, is always charming and a true professional. From the moment we arrive it is always "Relax and Enjoy" and we do.Special Features: