6109 Maple St
Omaha, NE 68104Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4025582482
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Dionicio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Taita
Taita is a local seasonal driven restaurant with a focus on sustainable seafood. We are located in the heart of Benson in Omaha, Nebraska.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Taita - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Taita reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (13)romantic (13)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing Prix Fix mealAmstoneDined on 9/13/2014My husband & I had a fabulous 3 course meal as part of Omaha Restaurant Week. He had the sushi choices which were amazing & I had the other choice which was 2 seafood dishes followed by braised beef cheeks - sooo yummy !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add to your listPickyDined on 9/12/2014Add to your list of "must" restaurants in Omaha. The menu is unusual and imaginative, hard to find anything that wasn't outstanding.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatZimmDined on 9/5/2014I was a little let down by all the great reviews I had read prior to booking my reservation. Everyone said this is the best seafood place in Omaha. The only thing I come away with is that it had the most unique seafood on the menu, but for the price I'll take Shuck's any day. Before you write off my review, my wife and I go to fine dining restaurants frequently and this one just didn't live up to the expectations. Foodies that like to eat anything won't have trouble finding something on the menu so that is why I feel it is fit for foodies.Special Features:
- foodislifeDined on 8/29/2014best seafood in town! Seriously!! we have been 4 times now and have loved everything we have tried and tell all of our friends about it! Great service and very knowledgeable about gluten free options! Its a winnerSpecial Features:
- Amazing!MkfoodDined on 8/16/2014Our first trip to Taita definitely will not be our last! It is a wonderfully intimate space, perfect for date night. The wine & beer list has prime selections. We started with the octopus...delish! It was tender, yet a bit crunchy from the grill, a must try. We also had the rabbit and the sushi roll, which were both perfect. The sweet corn ice cream with house made churros was the perfect finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing. What a surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014This place had the best quality sushi in town! Walking in a was a little nervous but the good was spectacular and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasstic Seafood & WineCueballDined on 8/8/2014The Seabass and Albacore Tuna were both to die for...and the Tuna Ceviche, WOW!!! HIghly recommend this place and will return for sure for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great trendy seafood placeFinalnightDined on 7/19/2014Came here on a Saturday night. Very old school in its charm. The food was delicious all around and reasonably priced. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good, not great.JTempDined on 7/11/2014Everything (food, ambiance, service) was good, but nothing was spectacular. Best part of meal was curry clams in the sea bass entree. Low point was a below average spicy tuna roll, and unimpressive beer selection. My wife had encrusted grouper and loved it. Overall I'dsay give it a try. I'm glad we went, but there was nothing to really pull us back for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuleallenDined on 7/5/2014We have been to Taita 3 times and have loved every dish. The food is thoughtfully prepared and beautifully presented. The service is attentive. For example I love their Pico Sour cocktail. After one drink, I asked if they had something similar as a non-alcoholic beverage and the hostess went and experimented right then to find me something that was very close. A definite must try restaurant... and you will find yourself wanting to come back time and again.Special Features:
- worth a trySoutherntouristVIPDined on 6/7/2014Found this experience to be really good not great. Although the service was superb the food was good. Fish dishes were under seasoned and a little overdone (just a little). Will try it again. The location in Benson is a little hard for parking and we ran into a street festival tonight so might have had something to do with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good & Quaint Seafood RestaurantnkirklinVIPDined on 5/30/2014Food was very good, very good and interesting specialty cocktails, service was pleasant. Only mark against restaurant is food was slow in coming to the table.Special Features:
- SO worth a trip to Benson!RaskaDined on 5/30/2014Found Taita on Open Table - was looking for a place with fresh fish on the day & time we wanted and it popped up, and since we heard Benson was a new happening area in the Big O decided to chance it. Parking was dreadful, but everything else was truly outstanding! Everyone at our table of 4 had something different and all were delighted. Our server, Tanya, anticipated every need - made great recommendations across the board! We can't wait to return to Benson and to Taita! Signed 4 happy foodies!Special Features:
- Memorable foodsavorlifeDined on 5/24/2014We chose Taita's based on a personal recommendation, and couldn't have been more delighted. Highly suggest the Omakase (Chef's Choice). Each of the five courses I was served was perfectly prepared, with textures and flavors that were surprising and delicious discoveries. Even the member of our party who was not much of a "fish fan," commented that she was a convert after eating seafood so expertly prepared. Looking forward to frequent returns!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DannyDined on 5/24/2014First time experience. Reservation as kept we we were seated on time. Immediately waited on. Food was served in reasonable time and it was very good. Service was excellent. Really enjoyed the quaint surroundings and was really clean. Not much more you can ask for an evening out. Really enjoyed ourselves and we will definitley return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTooTallSidVIPDined on 5/20/2014I had the pig trotter, a chorizo stuffed pig leg. It was terrific! The chorizo was delicious and the parsnips and a green sauce really worked. I cleaned my plate. My wife had the baked chicken and again, every thing was perfect. We finished with a dark chocolate pave that was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Taita reviews archive.
- PerfectBdadkissDined on 5/16/2014Taita is the best place for fish. I recommend the chef selection it was the best octopus I have ever had tender and delicious. The sushi roll was amazing and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!!!RichCDined on 5/14/2014A nice, quiet dining experience with a great assortment of flavors. Excellent sea bass!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafood in Omahaomamae1Dined on 5/10/2014Ate at Taita's for the first time on May 10. Our seafood was some of the best we have had in any city. The staff was completely knowledgable, helpful and friendly. We appreciated a leisurely dining experience and not being rushed out the door as one is in some places. I had the Brown Derby (2 actually) and it was a superbly crafted cocktail. Definitely, and highly, recommend this seafood gem to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time - Will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/10/2014Went for the first time. Greeted with a very welcoming wait staff. Food was fantastic - service was also fantastic. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Omaha must!BruzzerDined on 5/10/2014Best sea bass I ever had. Service was delightful and cheery. The wine list, though small, is full of excellent choices. Everyone left with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in OmahaHdawgDined on 5/3/2014I have had few more flavorful dishes than their ceviche and certainly no sushi in Omaha more authentic then theirs!Special Features:
- Truly delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/18/2014Taita is absolutely one of the best restaurants in Omaha! It is everything I am looking for when I go out for dinner! I can eat healthy, beautiful, fresh, artistic food. The wine is lovely. I don't know any of the labels, but Haley always leads be to a beauiful selection. The staff is welcoming and personable and they make the experience so nice. The word is out about Taita, so it has a very energetic vibe. Benson is alive, so it makes for a fun destination. Omaha is so lucky to have Taita! A wonderful dining spot for this spring and summer!Special Features:
- Perfect for Good FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2014Beautifully prepared delicious food presented by knowledgable servers in a laid back atmosphere. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood restaurant in NE?RRguyDined on 4/17/2014Probably. With a seafood focus and Japanese and Andean influences, Taiti presents the most creative sushi in these parts, probably flown in on that new nonstop from Seattle. If sushi's not for you, appetizers include a luscious house-made tofu, spicy grilled octopus, and a divine scallops presentation. Taita offers several main courses in the $18-20 range. Don't miss the sea bass, if available. This is a small place in the Benson neighborhood, but it includes big art on the walls with a seafood theme. Men and women alike should visit the men's room to be enveloped by the octopus. Service was skillful, informed, and discreet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/16/2014Was not informed upon arriving there was a sushi bar menu. Food was innovative and excellent. Restaurant quite empty but waited one hour for appetizer. Too long! Otherwise service totally friendly, knowledgeable, and processional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJayaVIPDined on 3/27/2014Would definitely go back!!! Great service, amazing food!!!!! Parking was a hassleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully surprisedjag222VIPDined on 3/22/2014Reviews were right on. We had excellent seafood and service. Will be regulars. Sorry it took us so long to findSpecial Features:
- Clayton's only competitionCates1stchoicesDined on 3/18/2014Not that I think Clayton (Grey Plume) is going to mind having such an exquisite place to dine when he's not at work -- or having a partner in bringing excellence to dining in Omaha. Taita (Peruvian for "father") is a hidden sapphire in Benson, and how it shines! After a second visit, Taita is now my go-to choice for seafood dinners. The scallops choice (first plate) offers sushi-grade sea scallops perfectly seared, accompanied by a parsnip puree with a depth of flavors that it sparkles with every bite. The scorpion fish (second plate) is accompanied by miso tomato sauce and is so lovely in its ocean essence, with its briny miso, that for the rest of the meal I was transported to my beloved seacoast by the flavors of the dish. A true gem!Special Features:
- Best Seafood in Town!HannaBDined on 3/14/2014If you love fresh and innovative seafood, this is the place to come. It is small and intimate and the staff is very accommodating. The Monkfish was excellent as well as the Ocean Trout, and anything we have ever tried. Cocktails are interesting and well prepared and served, always something new to try. We have been coming since Taita opened and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved Taita!MichelleDined on 3/12/2014My experience at Taita was outstanding! There were four of us. We each had 2 courses and shared them all. You can't get food that unique anywhere else in Omaha!Special Features:
- We had a delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014We had a delicious dinner before going to a show at the Playhouse. The food was beautifully prepared and presented. Special attention was given to wine pairings with the food. I wish we could have stayed longer! My only complaint is the parking! Frustrating to drive around trying to find a place to park. I was late for my reservation. This was our first visit to Taita and I'm sure we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your everyday Omaha restaurant!omafoodieDined on 2/26/2014The food at Taita is really special. Dishes and ingredients that you don't see in Omaha are served here; every course is beautiful prepared and presented. Everything I've had here is delicious. Taita feels like a favorite San Francisco restaurant to me with Midwest service. The prices are a bit higher and the portion sizes aren't American style but I feel you get what you are paying for (quality ingredients and careful preparation). Taita is our go to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taita - A Peruvian TwistMarkDined on 2/21/2014Delicious seafood/sushi along with a choice of beef, pork and rabbit on the menu. The seafood is fresh and the nightly specials are always a treat. Corvina (Sea Bass) with spicy mustard sauce and peaches is especially tasty as it the pork in Peruvian adobo sauce. Pork is fork tender and melts in your mouth. The wine list is small, but the GM/Wine Steward is very selective and brings the best to the wine list. Ask for her recommendation. We've gotten two different Chardonnay's (which we don't normally drink)(which we don't normally drink)the last two times we've visited based upon Haley's recommendation and they have been very good each time. Very tasty and a wonderful find in the Benson neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestBWSJRDined on 2/19/2014Another wonderful evening at Taita. Crab and Uni bisque, homemade tofu and Kobocha squash to start, scorpion fish and Wagyu beef brisket for mains and ice cream made with Spondias lutea and butterscotch ifor dessert. Taita is a rare and delightful experience, especially for those who enjoy trying new things. The menu changes with the availability of fresh material.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Prix FixeJGodDined on 2/15/2014The food was knockout delicious. We enjoy Omahas greatest hits at The Boiler Room and the like and Taita is right up there in terms of quality of food and service. The craft cocktails are the best we've had in Omaha. Our table as a bit tucked away, tho we didn't mind. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- IncredibleDaveDined on 2/15/2014This was truly an incredible experience. Every dish was perfect, the wine pairing was excellent, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at TaitacitizensDined on 2/15/2014We chose Valentine's Day weekend for our first visit to Taita. We live in the Benson neighborhood and had been planning on coming many times before but something always came up to change our plans. We are glad we finally came. The place is quite small, but lovely. The staff were all very friendly and eager to assist guests. We were seated promptly and a clean, comfortable table. Our order was taken promptly. The cocktail list was very limited, as was the wine list. We ordered a bottle of wine to have both before and during dinner. Our appetizer arrived and was delicious I had the sea bass, which was just slightly overcooked but still very tasty. My guest had the ocean trout and it was delicious. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our Valentine's Dinner at Taita was all we had hoped for. The service was very good, however we had to wait more than a half hour to be seated, after our reservation, which was for 7:15. Once seated, however, the dinner was beautiful and delicious. It was prix fixe with optional wine pairings, which were delightful. The highlight for us was the serrano ham wrapped rockfish in the corn and mussel broth. The fish was serrano ham was crispy, the fish siky and the broth spicy. It was umami in every bite. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place!KurtDined on 2/14/2014I booked a reservation for Valentines Day and Taita did not dissapoint. The food was absolutely amazing and the dishes were creative. I am definitely going back again.Special Features: