6109 Maple St
Omaha, NE 68104Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (402) 558-2482
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jose Dionicio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Taita
Taita is a local seasonal driven restaurant with a focus on sustainable seafood. We are located in the heart of Benson in Omaha, Nebraska.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Taita - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Taita reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (16)romantic (15)hot spot (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014We thought it was pricy. The food was good and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memememeVIPDined on 11/21/2014The food was fantastic, the flavors, textures and presentation were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little seafood find...ParkPlaceDined on 11/15/2014Always a pleasure to eat here. The menu changes often, the fish is always fresh, and the dishes are always a unique combination of wonderful flavors. Friendly service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!HannaBDined on 11/6/2014Taita has never disappointed. Always interesting and inventive menu that makes one come back. We bring family visiting from Boston to eat there and they love it! Thank you for a another great culinary experience!Special Features:
- A favorite no more.ShoegirlDined on 10/30/2014I have had nothing but a great experience at Taita until this past week. My husband and I were the only table at first until another couple arrived about 15 minutes later and a girl that seemed to know the bartender and she sat at the bar. Almost an hr went by and we had only had our appetizer. When served the waiter gave his friend her food and gave me mine while heading back to get my husbands that seemed wrong in my opion. Not only were we the first in the place they sat us next to the door and it was a cold day. While trying to make the most of our dinner a man came in clearly not looking to eat and had a large wooded stick while flailing around a saw, I was very disturbed/scared. Not sure if we will be going back anytime soon.
- Ramen SundaystudentoffoodDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I went to try the special Ramen lunch on Sundays. We were very pleased The food was beautifully plated and tasted amazing. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoritesharkyDined on 10/3/2014Absolutely a terrific find. We had been meaning to try Taita but we live 100 block west of the Benson neighborhood. Parking is the only complaint but Taita made up for both of those short comings. Service was terrific and the food was even better.Special Features:
- Disappointedgabriel33Dined on 10/3/2014Went to Taita to celebrate my birthday with the wife and kids. BTW, leave the kids at home; not kid friendly. In addition to the slow service, the server failed to mention that the chicken which we ordered for the kids was extremely spicy and not suitable for kids. Ww had been wanting to try Taita for quite some time based on other reviews and it failed to live up to the hype. Once is enough, will not be back, kids or no kids.
- great foodOmahaLadyDined on 9/25/2014Food was great. Atmosphere is bleh. Was cold & musty smelling. Needs better ambianceI would recommend this to a friend.
- GroovicDined on 9/23/2014EXCELLENCE!!! Best seafood I've had in this town! Ceviche was amazing. Good amount for the 3 of us, however, it was so good I could've eaten a 16oz bowl of it all by myself! We had the Albacore, but the Peruvian sounded interesting too, and I wanna try that next time! And the sushi! The scallops were so good My husband loved them, and he's never had any in Nebraska that he's even liked. It was for two, and it was 2 nice sized scallops, would've eaten more, but 2 was fine. We had the Grouper & the Black Snapper, both normal sized portions & both were perfection! And for dessert, we had the chocolate pavé, and it was pure decadence. I can't wait to go back there! I might have to go this wknd!Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureRavenoaksduoDined on 9/18/2014What a find! Excellent seafood nicely presented. I just wish we had discovered Taita two years ago. We will definitely be back, with friends and family in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed first timeeatingoutismypassion1Dined on 9/18/2014taita has a nice unique menu at a decent price for local seafood place. I first had the taita happy hour. Salad and wine which was great! then salmon with brussel sprouts which was cooked perfectly but very salty whic isnt my preference. Chocolate caramel ganache torte for desseert was to die for but $7 is pricey. service was good and mediocre. the chef that came out to help as it was busy on this thursday night, she was great. our actual server we had to ask him for everythiingg and was a little unattentive. Overall was nice and would definitely go back between 5:30 and 7 as their happy hour makes the meal more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Prix Fix mealAmstoneDined on 9/13/2014My husband & I had a fabulous 3 course meal as part of Omaha Restaurant Week. He had the sushi choices which were amazing & I had the other choice which was 2 seafood dishes followed by braised beef cheeks - sooo yummy !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix-fixe experienceBethSDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful prix-fixe experience here for Omaha Restaurant week. Can't wait to go back. Not the greatest ambiance, but the food was beautifully served and excellent. Highly recommend if you are looking for a low profile evening but still want great food.Special Features:
- Add to your listPickyDined on 9/12/2014Add to your list of "must" restaurants in Omaha. The menu is unusual and imaginative, hard to find anything that wasn't outstanding.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatZimmDined on 9/5/2014I was a little let down by all the great reviews I had read prior to booking my reservation. Everyone said this is the best seafood place in Omaha. The only thing I come away with is that it had the most unique seafood on the menu, but for the price I'll take Shuck's any day. Before you write off my review, my wife and I go to fine dining restaurants frequently and this one just didn't live up to the expectations. Foodies that like to eat anything won't have trouble finding something on the menu so that is why I feel it is fit for foodies.Special Features:
- foodislifeDined on 8/29/2014best seafood in town! Seriously!! we have been 4 times now and have loved everything we have tried and tell all of our friends about it! Great service and very knowledgeable about gluten free options! Its a winnerSpecial Features:
- Amazing!MkfoodDined on 8/16/2014Our first trip to Taita definitely will not be our last! It is a wonderfully intimate space, perfect for date night. The wine & beer list has prime selections. We started with the octopus...delish! It was tender, yet a bit crunchy from the grill, a must try. We also had the rabbit and the sushi roll, which were both perfect. The sweet corn ice cream with house made churros was the perfect finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing. What a surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014This place had the best quality sushi in town! Walking in a was a little nervous but the good was spectacular and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasstic Seafood & WineCueballDined on 8/8/2014The Seabass and Albacore Tuna were both to die for...and the Tuna Ceviche, WOW!!! HIghly recommend this place and will return for sure for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 108 reviews are from the Taita reviews archive.
- Great trendy seafood placeFinalnightDined on 7/19/2014Came here on a Saturday night. Very old school in its charm. The food was delicious all around and reasonably priced. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good, not great.JTempDined on 7/11/2014Everything (food, ambiance, service) was good, but nothing was spectacular. Best part of meal was curry clams in the sea bass entree. Low point was a below average spicy tuna roll, and unimpressive beer selection. My wife had encrusted grouper and loved it. Overall I'dsay give it a try. I'm glad we went, but there was nothing to really pull us back for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuleallenDined on 7/5/2014We have been to Taita 3 times and have loved every dish. The food is thoughtfully prepared and beautifully presented. The service is attentive. For example I love their Pico Sour cocktail. After one drink, I asked if they had something similar as a non-alcoholic beverage and the hostess went and experimented right then to find me something that was very close. A definite must try restaurant... and you will find yourself wanting to come back time and again.Special Features:
- worth a trySoutherntouristVIPDined on 6/7/2014Found this experience to be really good not great. Although the service was superb the food was good. Fish dishes were under seasoned and a little overdone (just a little). Will try it again. The location in Benson is a little hard for parking and we ran into a street festival tonight so might have had something to do with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good & Quaint Seafood RestaurantnkirklinVIPDined on 5/30/2014Food was very good, very good and interesting specialty cocktails, service was pleasant. Only mark against restaurant is food was slow in coming to the table.Special Features:
- SO worth a trip to Benson!RaskaDined on 5/30/2014Found Taita on Open Table - was looking for a place with fresh fish on the day & time we wanted and it popped up, and since we heard Benson was a new happening area in the Big O decided to chance it. Parking was dreadful, but everything else was truly outstanding! Everyone at our table of 4 had something different and all were delighted. Our server, Tanya, anticipated every need - made great recommendations across the board! We can't wait to return to Benson and to Taita! Signed 4 happy foodies!Special Features:
- Memorable foodsavorlifeDined on 5/24/2014We chose Taita's based on a personal recommendation, and couldn't have been more delighted. Highly suggest the Omakase (Chef's Choice). Each of the five courses I was served was perfectly prepared, with textures and flavors that were surprising and delicious discoveries. Even the member of our party who was not much of a "fish fan," commented that she was a convert after eating seafood so expertly prepared. Looking forward to frequent returns!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DannyDined on 5/24/2014First time experience. Reservation as kept we we were seated on time. Immediately waited on. Food was served in reasonable time and it was very good. Service was excellent. Really enjoyed the quaint surroundings and was really clean. Not much more you can ask for an evening out. Really enjoyed ourselves and we will definitley return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTooTallSidVIPDined on 5/20/2014I had the pig trotter, a chorizo stuffed pig leg. It was terrific! The chorizo was delicious and the parsnips and a green sauce really worked. I cleaned my plate. My wife had the baked chicken and again, every thing was perfect. We finished with a dark chocolate pave that was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectBdadkissDined on 5/16/2014Taita is the best place for fish. I recommend the chef selection it was the best octopus I have ever had tender and delicious. The sushi roll was amazing and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!!!RichCDined on 5/14/2014A nice, quiet dining experience with a great assortment of flavors. Excellent sea bass!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafood in Omahaomamae1Dined on 5/10/2014Ate at Taita's for the first time on May 10. Our seafood was some of the best we have had in any city. The staff was completely knowledgable, helpful and friendly. We appreciated a leisurely dining experience and not being rushed out the door as one is in some places. I had the Brown Derby (2 actually) and it was a superbly crafted cocktail. Definitely, and highly, recommend this seafood gem to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time - Will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/10/2014Went for the first time. Greeted with a very welcoming wait staff. Food was fantastic - service was also fantastic. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Omaha must!BruzzerDined on 5/10/2014Best sea bass I ever had. Service was delightful and cheery. The wine list, though small, is full of excellent choices. Everyone left with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in OmahaHdawgDined on 5/3/2014I have had few more flavorful dishes than their ceviche and certainly no sushi in Omaha more authentic then theirs!Special Features:
- Truly delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/18/2014Taita is absolutely one of the best restaurants in Omaha! It is everything I am looking for when I go out for dinner! I can eat healthy, beautiful, fresh, artistic food. The wine is lovely. I don't know any of the labels, but Haley always leads be to a beauiful selection. The staff is welcoming and personable and they make the experience so nice. The word is out about Taita, so it has a very energetic vibe. Benson is alive, so it makes for a fun destination. Omaha is so lucky to have Taita! A wonderful dining spot for this spring and summer!Special Features:
- Perfect for Good FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2014Beautifully prepared delicious food presented by knowledgable servers in a laid back atmosphere. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood restaurant in NE?RRguyDined on 4/17/2014Probably. With a seafood focus and Japanese and Andean influences, Taiti presents the most creative sushi in these parts, probably flown in on that new nonstop from Seattle. If sushi's not for you, appetizers include a luscious house-made tofu, spicy grilled octopus, and a divine scallops presentation. Taita offers several main courses in the $18-20 range. Don't miss the sea bass, if available. This is a small place in the Benson neighborhood, but it includes big art on the walls with a seafood theme. Men and women alike should visit the men's room to be enveloped by the octopus. Service was skillful, informed, and discreet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/16/2014Was not informed upon arriving there was a sushi bar menu. Food was innovative and excellent. Restaurant quite empty but waited one hour for appetizer. Too long! Otherwise service totally friendly, knowledgeable, and processional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJayaVIPDined on 3/27/2014Would definitely go back!!! Great service, amazing food!!!!! Parking was a hassleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.