Taheri's Mediterranean Restaurant
2999 Oak Rd Ste A
Walnut Creek, CA 94597Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Taheri's Mediterranean Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taheris.com/
- Phone: (925) 933-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Taheri's specializes in corporate and full-service catering. We deliver to your office, home or special location for 5 to 500 guests. Please visit our website for menu options.
- Private Party Facilities: Our enclosed patio seats 20 to 40 guests. We will customize a pre-set full-service or buffet menu based on your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Taheri 9259331000
A word from Taheri's Mediterranean Restaurant
Upon entering this charming restaurant you will immediately notice the exhibition kitchen producing many selections from all over the Mediterranean which are sure to please everyone's tastes. You may begin with the very popular Mediterranean Platter or start with the succulent Crab Bruchetta. The lunch menu emphasizes selections geared to busy work schedules. A variety of hearty salads and sandwiches, pizzas from the wood-burning oven, fresh fish and a variety of pastas are offered. The dinner menu includes Grilled Lamb Loin, fresh grilled seafood, pastas, pizzas, the popular Kabobs and Spanish Paella. Taheri's also provides banquet services and catering for corporate and all-occasion events. The full menu is available for take-out, as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taheri's Mediterranean Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Neighborhood delightMichael64VIPDined on 11/21/2014We recently dined at Taheri with friends. This was our first time here and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The menu has a good selection and variety to please all tastes and budgets. The most outstanding part of the evening had to be the service. Natalie was a true delight. She accurately gauged our table and she was appropriately playful and attentive to our needs. You could tell that she was having a good time, really enjoyed her job, and consequently, we had a great time as well! When some of the meal was not to satisfaction, she quickly offered alternatives to make it right. Her quick response and genuine desire that we have a good experience was really appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly place with tasty foodBelgoVIPDined on 9/8/2014I have been going here for years, and can always count on this place for a pleasant dinner with a quiet, friendly atmosphere and wonderful service. The food is tasty and fresh, although not exactly gourmet. The prices are good for the quality of the experience. I have always gone for dinner, although they're usually busier at lunch.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the Taheri's Mediterranean Restaurant reviews archive.
- Less than badDelish83VIPDined on 6/14/2014Unfortunately this place is not good. They use cheap olive oil for bread dipping and salad dressing. It's hard to mess up a Greek salad, since it's all about the olive oil. And only two olives in the salad. Sad! Aside from that you can get a pan pizza, crust is good, overall pizza is good, but it's very small and 13$. Then the combination skewers plate was $18. You can get just chicken for 13$ but a combo I assumed wAs two skewers of chicken and lamb. Nope just one, about five bites of meat accompanied by dry white and basmati rice combo. They may have run out and tried to mix then together. Bland dry.... I just feel bad that they don't have it together.... And the wine is not good and 10$ a glass.
- Food was very goodBabsVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had a party of 5 and 2 were vegetarian. No problem with feeding everyone from the menu. All of the food was delicious. Only hard part was deciding what to choose. . .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for lunchTattaaVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food was very good and the staff was very friendly. It was not what I expected for an evening dinner on a Saturday night. I should have looked at the location. Surrounded by businesses, not a hip Saturday evening hot spot. Great for lunch or dinner week days or Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute FindVitaAndAdamDined on 3/21/2014I picked this out of the hat as we were traveling in rush hour traffic. Small, quiet place built on a curve, so most of the tables have a window. Had the Mediterranean Platter, Lamb Kabob, and the special Lobster pasta dish in a cream sauce. The Platter was a great way to sample various tastes. The lamb was juicy and tender and the mint chutney was surprisingly refreshing and a great blend with the lamb. The lobster pasta was a half lobster with scallops and clams in a tomato cream sauce. The portions were just right. The food was very good. We had just enough room for the dessert which was the Tiramisu served in a very different approach. It was two scoops of Tiramisu on a layer of the berry sauce. It was light and refreshing.Special Features:
- The service was fantastic.TaheriVIPDined on 3/1/2014The service was fantastic. The waitress was just attentive enough to meet our needs without being overbearing. Her demeanor make us think she was an owner (she was not), but she took pride in the restaurant and the menu selections and had a great personality to boot! The food ranged from just okay (calamari, lamb), to good (fish), to great (salad & dessert). Given the fair pricing and excellent service, we still felt like we got a deal and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, some boringsanfranfemVIPDined on 2/26/2014The mezza plate and bread were excellent, but small. Shrimp/scallops were completely tasteless.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerVineanddineVIPDined on 2/14/2014Seated near the kitchen but right next to the hostess station and therefore people on top of us during dinner. Started with the Mediterranean platter; eggplant puree was outstanding as was the humus. The soup of the day was a chicken in clear broth with curry. This was outstanding! I had Spanish Paella and my wife the mussels and clams. Paella was good but shrimp and chicken was overcooked. The mussels and clams were good as well. The huge disappointment was the baklava. This was a soggy mess of not much taste. The food was good enough to give this place another shot. We might try some other dishes.
- Great neighborhood restaurantJlocalDined on 2/11/2014Once again a great dinner at Taheri's. The service is great, food really good, quiet so you can enjoy conversation with your dining guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am always very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/20/2014I am always very pleased with the food and service. Highly recommend a try. You will go back!Special Features:
- Weeknight delightDontgetoutmuchDined on 1/16/2014There aren't many Mediterranean Restaurants in our immediate vicinity that went beyond the basic kebabs and salads. Taheri was a lovely find: dining area suitable for adults that wasn't too fancy. It's just opposite the BART station, far from the main streets of Walnut Creek, PH or Lafayette. Therefore, on a Thursday night, we enjoyed our meals in a quiet atmosphere. Good wine list and a menu that appealed to us. Portions were generous: I had the paella while my spouse had the lamb kebab. Prices for the meal was appropriate: found my paella light even with the generous seafood and sausages. My spouse thought the lamb was done perfectly. The servers were quiet and respectful. We're definitely heading back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice small restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013I took my parents here when they were visiting and it's always a challenge finding a place that pleases everyone. Taheris managed to accomplish it. Our table was ready when we got there and the service was very friendly. Everyone really enjoyed their food as well. this place is small so the tables are a little cramped together. They also only serve wine and a small selection of beers.They validate parking for the garage behind them. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll return!!!SirPontiacDined on 11/21/2013Glad we found this place! Great food prepared and presented very well. The waiters are very serious about what they do(never once saw a smile) add friendliness and you'd have a real winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We selected the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2013We selected the restaurant from the Open Table description (which we've always found to be reliable). Taheri's didn't disappoint us! We had great food and service at a reasonable price and found the atmosphere very charming. We'll look forward to having a meal there again.Special Features:
- Not so specialTGIFfriendsDined on 10/11/2013Not the destination meal we were expecting in Walnut Creek. Service couldn't have been better but the food was meh.Th construction was loud and disruptive outside. Th restaurant itself was difficult to locate. We will not be returning.
- Walking DistanceNancyrunsDined on 8/28/2013I live in the Contra Costa Center Avalon Apartments next to Bart and this lovely restaurant is always a great bet for an evening meal, close by and very friendly. They have a very large catering business, but you can always get a seat at the restaurant. Try it!Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013Teheri's is a nice little restaurant located in an obscure area below the Vodaphone building next to Pleasant Hill Bart. I actually think most people don't even know it's there. The service is outstanding. There is an outdoor tent for outdoor dining that is very pleasant to have dinner under on a summer night. The bread they serve is to die for and I could easily make a meal on it. I recently had their grilled trout which I would pass on in the future and go with one of their pasta or lamb dishes instead. Their gelatto is heavenly. I like this place because it's a comfortable restaurant and not located downtown Walnut Creek which makes getting in and out and parking a lot easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/26/2013I must say, we hadn't been at Taheri's in quite some time and now we remember why. The food the last time was so-so and this time....well...our appetizer was good. My husband ordered the Ahi and it was burned on the outside...by the way...he never sends food back. The server was great and the replacement was palatable. I ordered the Rack of Lamb and have had this at Silk Road and at Fa but this wasn't good. This tasted like it was microwaved to warm up and not even thrown on the fire. No, didn't send it back...The dinner was expensive and so NOT worth it. So, it's been crossed off the list of places to go.
- We stayed at the Embassy suites,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We stayed at the Embassy suites, which is a 1 minute walk from the restaurant. We were thinking about eating at the hotel but there was absolutley nobody eating at the hotel restaurant and that makes me leary to eat there. At Taheri's, The food seemed fresh. I had salmon which tasted good but seemed to need a bit more seasoning, but overall was very nice. The server we had was friendly and the restaurant was full without a wait. We brought our kids who are 9 and 6 years old. It's not a chain type of restaurant that has a large kids offerings but we were able to order them both a small pizza which was fine. Overall we were happy with Taheri's and I would recommend walking over from the hotel.Special Features:
- My mom and I love the prawnsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2012My mom and I love the prawns in a delicious curry sauce - we get it every time. The greek salad is super flavorful and fresh. The one bummer was how cold it was in the restaurant - I was practically shivering.
- Not very busy for a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Not very busy for a Friday night, but we ate early. Very attentive service, and a great meal. I would definitely recommend the garlic appetizer!Special Features:
- Walnut Creek convenience!charlie8111VIPDined on 6/27/2012Great restaurant near the BART station in Walnut Creek, with convenient validated parking in the Embassy Suites lot. I had the salmon linguini, which prior reviewers had raved about. This was a good dish, though the Alfredo sauce was a little heavy. My wife had the roasted chicken and mash potatoes, which was exquisite in it's simplicity. All in all, a great experience with wonderful service and food, at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- I eat at this restaurant fairlyBelgoVIPDined on 6/21/2012I eat at this restaurant fairly often when I don't need to be downtown. The food ingredients, while not haute cuisine, are always dependably tasty and good quality. The service has always been attentive. The restaurant is always quiet enough for easy, normal conversation, and it's never cramped, nor boisterous, like many downtown Walnut Creek restaurants.Special Features:
- Office location, average food.omizzleVIPDined on 4/20/2012The service was great, the food was average. It's a Mediterranean restaurant, so I was expecting a Mediterranean menu.Special Features:
- The service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/9/2012The service was terrible. Although we were the only customers in the restaurant, the waiter did not pay us any attention. He was extremely impolite, even after I tried to pay the restaurant a complement. Let's say I will not be dining here again. The food was bland and the seafood paella was over done. Overall, this place left a bad taste in my mouth, with all puns.
- Had an off meal.PamJVIPDined on 3/19/2012I have previously had great food at Taheri's, this night it was not that good. I had the paella, the seafood was tough and the rice pretty dry. Not usual for Paella and not my typical experience here. don't know if I'll return.
- Have eaten here twice. SeatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012Have eaten here twice. Seated right away, waitress was very nice and helpful. Had the salmon linguine...FANTASTIC! One of the best meals I've had in a while. We will definitely keep coming back!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2012Wonderful food and service. The salmon linguine is to die for!Special Features:
- GAVE IT A TRY FOR VALENTINE'SOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012GAVE IT A TRY FOR VALENTINE'S DAY DINNER- WAS IMPRESSED BY THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD- THE SERVICE WAS ATTENTIVE AND POLITE- OVERALL A GREAT DINNER EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- The dolmas on the mediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2012The dolmas on the mediterranean appetizer plate were some of the best I've ever had. The flatbread that they bring you is delicious also. The Rack of Lamb was divine. It was perfectly done along with the asparagus spears and julienned carrots that accompanied it. All in all a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- They need to work on theirDembyDined on 2/14/2012They need to work on their rice entree. It's very dry and boring. Also, don't order the Paella, also dry and lacks flavor due to no sauce.
- Late Night at Teharis after shoppinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012Service was excellent. Noise level was a little high for my taste but probably due to the architecture of the place. The bread basket and oil/balsamic was a very nice touch. The entrees were hot and very tasty. Great menu layout and field of choices. Overall a 7 out of 10 for me.Special Features:
- Usually pretty good-a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/14/2012Usually pretty good-a little off their game this night as to the taste of the various dishes we had.
- We love Taheri's and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2011We love Taheri's and have been dining there for lunches and dinners for over ten years. We celebrated a large major milestone birthday there, and have secured catering services many times. We have never been disappointed by food or service, and find the staff and owners unfailingly gracious.
- Their food is great and wentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2011Their food is great and went out their way to make the dish just the way I like it, for example, I ordered the Linguine (with Chicken and sundried tomatoes) but I wanted it with Fettucine pasta and they made it. The dish was delicious. It's my absolute favorite dish from them.Special Features:
- I miss Taheri'sFoodie1VIPDined on 11/10/2011It has been about five years since dining at Taheri's. Order the Mediterranean platter and taste the baba ganoush ever!Special Features:
- a real gem good food interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011a real gem good food interesting menu pleasant and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- We love to share the MediterraneanBelgoVIPDined on 10/5/2011We love to share the Mediterranean appetizer plate followed by paella or shish-kabob. Service is always prompt and professional, and wine prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Good solid food and greatLeoBDined on 10/3/2011Good solid food and great service. The temperature inside was hot even though it was in the 50's outside. If you don't care if you get open table points or not, definitely go because the food and service are worth it. If you want your points go elsewhere as they aren't good about logging you into open table as even after multiple requests they wouldn't log in that you were there.Special Features: