Taggia at FireSky
4925 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Taggia at FireSky
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taggiascottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4804246095x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Sunday, 7:00 am until 10:30 am
Lunch: Monday-Sunday, 11:30am until 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday- Saturday 5:30pm until 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Massimo DeFrancesca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Taggia Restaurant & Lounge at FireSky Resort & Spa is a premier choice for distinctive Scottsdale events and meetings. From modest board meetings to lavish wedding receptions, Taggia accommodates you in delicious style. In addition to accommodating private parties of up to 100 guests, Taggia provides catering for everything from a small gathering of a few to receptions for up to 1,000 guests at the adjacent FireSky Resort & Spa. Our lush patio features inviting fireside seating, while the dining room offers an elegant venue for private meals and receptions.
- Special Events: Join us in the Living Room Lounge for Aperativo Hour daily 5pm - 7pm for our $5 menu Featuring Four Peaks Draught Beer and select cocktails and Amaro
A word from Taggia at FireSky
Reminiscent of the Italian Riviera, the experience here is rustic yet refined, casual yet elegant. Featuring Coastal Italian cuisine, our menu highlights fresh seafood and wood fired oven pizzas. Chef Massimo De Francesca transforms carefully chosen organic, seasonal ingredients into the time-tested, naturally healthy dishes of Italy's Ligurian coastline. Believing that true Mediterranean cuisine is defined by the quality of the ingredients, flavorful dishes like Baccala Fritters with Hearts of Palm & Chipotle Aioli or Veal Tonnato with Tuna Emulsion, Pickled Eggs & Gerkin Pesto confirm this. Nestled within FireSky Resort & Spa, Taggia overlooks the lush oaisis lagoon and waterfalls. You can choose from the relaxed casual experience in the dining room with an intimate booth or the livelier social atmosphere of the outdoor patio, with wood burning fireplace and bubbling fountians. Inquire about our private dining and catering options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taggia at FireSky reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Nice SurpriseReviewmanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Situated in a Kimpton Hotel, this was a really good find. Food was very good. The waitress was outstanding.Special Features:
- Best food and service ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food was so good we could not get enough of it but the highlight if the night was the amazing service we had Will as our waiter and he was so amazing and we are vegaterian and he helped Taylor the menu to suit our needs... Love this place !!! Coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Ordered the burrata and calamari for appetizers. Both amazing! Had the swordfish and scallops for dinner. May be the best scallops I've ever eaten. Great service and good cocktails. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Their service is unbelievably perfect and inviting.. You'll feel as if you are the only one in the entire restaurant! Their menu and chef's specials are yummy! Their happy hour is great from 5pm to 7pm.. Yippee! I'll be a regular here.Special Features:
- Generally good timejimxfedDined on 8/4/2014Our dining experience at Taggia was good, but something was missing from my previous trips there. I don't know what it was but might have been the empty atmosphere at the restaurant, or the fact that we sat outside. They acknowleged both our birthdays which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet value!GobigorgohomeDined on 7/27/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the exceptional flavors and service and the zenlike ambience. A three course prix fixe meal included caprese salad, salmon over avocado purée which was served at a perfect temperature, and a choice of cheesecake or cream filled cannoli, plus a glass of mimosa. The bill including tip for three people was less than $80. We felt that the exceptional service, cuisine and ambience were deserving of return trips. Our son plans to book reservations for his next romantic date. This was the best service we have received at any restaurant in the metro Phoenix area in the past year and a half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, Excellent Excellent!DeniseVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was exquisite! We started with the pasta of the day - a Rigatoni with Bolognese sauce. Then we had the Daterri pizza - what a perfect combination of sweet dates and bacon, Yum! Then we had the Bistecca - so tender and flavorful. Finally, we finished with perfectly frothed cappucino and strawberrry, prickly pear cheesecake - so light and fluffy. Lauren was our server and she was SO attentive and knowledgeable. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Always Yummy!AletheaVIPDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Taggia at FireSky, on several occasions. This time I bought a friend with me, who also enjoyed it. The Branzino (fish) Entrée, is very good, as well as the Datteri Pizza, and Misto Organic Salad. The wine selection is great as well, and I was glad to see that there was a local white wine on the list, which was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Nice menu selection, had the mista salad to begin with, delish. Entre was the stripped bass, perfectly prepared over a bed of braised kale and quinoa on a pea purée. The hubs had the fennel sausage pizza also very tasty. Our server was very informative, knew the menu front to back, chef massimo stopped by our table to see if we were happy with our meal. Nice touch! Ambiance was not was we expected, hotel lobby restaurant, but food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Impeccable servicethemajorDined on 6/10/2014The food was an 8 on a scale of 1-10 -- we truly expected better. That said, the scallops and risotto were cooked to perfection and delectable. The menus were splotched with food and dirt. But, the service (Seth and his helpers) was absolutely impeccable. Everyone wished us a Happy Anniversary, the dessert was on the house and delicious, and the food we didn't like was taken off the bill. I consider that to be service above and beyond the norm.Special Features:
- Terrific SettingAletheaVIPDined on 5/30/2014My first time to Taggia, with a friend was amazing. We both enjoyed our meals, and would come back again. Service was timely as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- azcanardsVIPDined on 5/28/2014Thanks Will for a great evening! Food and service were excellent!Special Features:
- Casual Elegant Dining at Taggialove2eatoutDined on 5/24/2014Taggia delivers a lovely dining experience complete with delicious food and wine in an elegant outdoor setting. Service is friendly and helpful. You can enjoy an unhurried dining experience in elegant peaceful surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014We picked this from internet and we absolutely overwhelmed at the ambience, attentive and upbeat staff and food plus champagne courtesy of the restaurant for our anniversary!! Tennis Twosome-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Come BackVickidDined on 5/20/2014Next time we come we will take advantage of their packages and spend the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!LindaDined on 5/19/2014We were there on a Monday evening and not many other diners. Two of us ate from the Arizona Week menu and two ate off the normal menu. Every one of us enjoyed all that we ordered. It was a quiet spot but, I don't know if that was because it was a Monday night. The outdoor spot was lovely, overlooking the pools and grounds of a quaint, old hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice dining experienceCTARIZONADined on 5/15/2014Dinner at Taggia was very good. The menu variety was nice and the presentation of what was ordered was very good. The service was excellent. No complaints. I would definitely go back. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for breakfast or lunch. This restaurant is the only one in the Fire Sky resort. The breakfast was over cooked. The restaurant also handles the food service at the pool. The service was prompt, but the food was cold and not exactly what was ordered. But, definitely go to Taggia for dinner. They do a very nice job.Special Features:
- So pleasant an greart food!MarieDined on 5/10/2014We had dinner on the patio, it was so pleasant and relaxing. The flavors were very interesting, everything was delicious, and the service was excellent. We will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Took a chancetoopickyDined on 5/9/2014Fabulous food, service needs a little tweaking. I will definitely go back. Probably more like 3 dollar signs if you don't want to eat pizza.Special Features:
- Hidden gemEatsoutalotVIPDined on 5/7/2014Back of fire sky hotel - never knew it was in there but good Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningddelliottazDined on 5/5/2014I chose this restaurant because I wanted a place that had good food and was comfortable and quiet (for conversation). The outdoor patio was perfect for this occasion: beautiful setting, comfortable, and tables spaced so that conversation could be easily enjoyed. Service was exceptional (thanks to Seth Cecil), and the food was delicious. The scallops were done perfectly and the chocolate covered tiramisu melted in our mouths.Special Features:
- The following 257 reviews are from the Taggia at FireSky reviews archive.
- VIPDinerVIPDined on 4/28/2014Kimpton restaurant associated with Firesky Resort in Scottsdale, overlooking the pool and gardens. The chef is outstanding and the food and service is just great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotLovemyfoodDined on 4/20/2014We came across this spot by accident . We loved it so much we went two nights in a row. Great food , service , and atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceYeidsDined on 4/16/2014We had both breakfast and dinner here and the atmosphere was ideal for both. If you can ignore the birds which are inescapable, it was fantastic. In particular, I have not had a meal like the sea bream in a while. I truly appreciate delicious food and it was nothing less than outstanding. Will definitely be back when we are back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good hotel ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 4/16/2014We were early in the evening and service was a little slow at first, but later good enough and very friendly. Food, especially appetizers,was very good. Outside dining on a perfect night was great, with only a little distraction from the near-by pool. As sunset occurred very nice lighting came on in lush trees near-by. Very nice evening over all. Would return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/7/2014We had a very enjoyable outdoor dining experience. The food was tasty and well-presented. The wine selection was good, and reasonably priced. The staff were eager to please. We will return.Special Features:
- Super service, wonderful food.SQ333Dined on 3/25/2014Super service, wonderful food. We had the scallops and asparagus risotto. Absolutely delicious. The manager was so nice to stroll around the tables and talk with everyone:) The ambience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a hotel restaurantSanFranVisitorVIPDined on 3/24/2014We went to Taggia because it was at our hotel, but both agreed it was the best meal we had in Scottsdale our entire trip. The fish was beautifully prepared and tasty, and our pasta was homemade - al dente but soft, and the sauce with it was amazing. Our breakfasts there were delicious as well. The Huevos Rancheros was some of the best I've ever had. Their breakfasts are delicious and the portions were plenty, without being huge like some places use to make up for the fact that they're not as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss ThisFoodie1VIPDined on 3/20/2014Our expectations for a hotel restaurant were low, but we were very pleasantly surprised. Good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itBaijuDined on 3/15/2014Absolutely loved this place. The food, service and the ambience were just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unknown Gemoldtimefoodie2Dined on 3/15/2014Our first time there. Food was excellent although menu was somewhat limited. Service was outstanding and the staff did everything to make our visit memorable (except paying the bill).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Out with the Kids!Coach4TravelDined on 3/6/2014We have eaten here several time and always given it a 5 star, but this time they let us down. Two of us order the Scallops and Risiotto and the scallops were raw in the middle and the Risiotto was runny and no flavor at all. The restaurant did do a good job taking it back and replacing it. The patio is beautiful, but the heaters were on full blast which made it feel like 90 when the outside temperature was 65. This was not our best experience here at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambienceOrrlfrdVIPDined on 3/4/2014Ate on the outdoor patio. Great ambience. Outdoor fireplace ,lights in the trees. Overall quite nice. Food was very good and wait staff excellent. Will definitely go back on a return tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family gathering,3 generationsnobecoDined on 3/3/2014We were impressed by the instant ,very pleasant and expert service,the first course was well presented ,the food temperature was appropriate and was enjoyed.The main course was well cooked,well presented and was excellent or very good for six different choices.The Oregon red wine was excellent,as was the choices for the teenage,non-drinkers. We have stayed at the Hotel and eaten at this restaurant over the last decade. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lucky surpriseKCfromWCVIPDined on 2/28/2014We had just arrived in town after a long drive and still needed to visit a grocery store to stock up for our extended visit. But first, we must have dinner! Open Table to the rescue. We chose Taggia because it was close and the menu was appealing. First, we were surprised to find that it's located within a beautiful resort -very lovely setting. We chose to sit outdoors overlooking the pool and fire features -so relaxing. Our cocktails were perfect and the service couldn't have been better. I had the spaghettini with Italian sausage and eggplant. Excellent - layers of flavors and comfort food all at the same time. Instead of a quick meal, we had a lovely dining experience. We plan to go back to try more things from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014We ate here twice while at FireSky. It was fabulous both times. The kitchen staff did a great job in getting the food out to the table very quickly. The entire staff seems to enjoy their job and the guests that they serve - from the hostess to the waiters/waitresses.Special Features:
- Creative and outstanding foodConfVisitVIPDined on 2/20/2014Four of us enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Taggia. Each dish was perfectly prepared. The contrast in tastes was both surprising and delicious. The service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor dining at it's bestdumoyer2Dined on 2/17/2014informed and efficient server, lovely setting, excellent food prepared and plated beautifully. A favorite was the crispy lamb belly, similar to the ubiquitous pork belly so popular of late, but with a mild lamby taste and not quite as fatty it was divine. The misto salad was rather ordinary but tasty. The osso bucco falling off the bone tender the and skirt steak, juicy and cooked exactly as requested..Special Features:
- Terrific food! The salad dressingsGC140FBCVIPDined on 2/12/2014Terrific food! The salad dressings were perfect: not too vinegary, well-balanced. I loved my seared ahi: It was delicious and beautifully presented! The setting is very nice---comfortable and attractive. Wonderful service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a lovely meal at Taggiatable42VIPDined on 2/8/2014Had a lovely meal at Taggia on Saturday night. Do not miss the pizza's! Crispy airy crust is perfect. The date, bacon, goat cheese pizza is fantastic! Smokey and a touch of sweetness - yum! Three of us split it as a appetizer followed by a pasta course. All the pasta was homemade and all were delicious. Don't miss Taggia for a fun night out.I would recommend this to a friend.