TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
1222 Madison St
Denver, CO 80206-3440Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.madisonstreetdenver.com/
- Phone: 3037362260
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday -Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Troy Guard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
TAG BURGER BAR features gourmet burgers and a lengthy beer list from local breweries, all in a cozy neighborhood setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Mmmm... TAG!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had the Colorado Proud and the Godzilla burgers and both of which were excellent! My only complaint was the bun was a little soggy but I believe that's only because the burger was so juicy. This was our first visit as we just moved into the neighborhood but will definitely be making this a regular spot. If not to eat then to get a reasonably priced beer. Thanks TAG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAGTabletimeDined on 8/13/2014Wide variety of creative items on the menu, friendly waitstaff, quick kitchen, great deals on wine (1/2 price Wednesdays!), nearby, and delicious. What's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's birthday dinnerJeffnCathyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Possibly one of our best dinners at Tag BB yet, and that's saying something. Food was spot on, waitress was great, kitchen was very accommodating of my kiddo's food allergies (dairy and eggs).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great foodfeelslikehomeDined on 8/4/2014Tag Burger Bar was a great find! I've never had better service at a restaurant in Denver. Their food is amazing. I highly recommend trying their duck fat fries. If you are looking for a quiet dinner place with amazing food, stellar service at a reasonable price, this should be your go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice BrunchSchultzDined on 8/3/2014I was delighted with the Chilaquiles, lots of flavor and a nice Bloody Mary as well with a peppered bacon slice as a garnish.Special Features:
- Best burger I've had in a long timeFriendoffoodDined on 8/1/2014I've never been motivated to write a restaurant review but I was so impressed with the experience at TAG that I felt compelled to write. The food was fantastic and service was excellent. I ordered the Lady Gaga burger and the combination of flavors was outstanding. The brussel sprouts were cooked perfectly and the fries were seasoned just enough. The homemade pickles are some of the best I've tasted. Great neighborhood restaurant vibe and after telling the waiter that we had just moved to the neighborhood from out of state he was kind enough to bring us a commentary order of fried Oreos! Never in a million years would I have thought I would have eaten something like that...but I did...and it was heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood jointPhoodieDined on 7/31/2014Needless to say, great burgers - perhaps best in Denver (turkey, veggie, salmon and bison in addition to to beef). Also tasty Brussels sprouts, Mac and cheese, fries, fried pickles - yum! Had fried Oreos with ice cream for dessert - double yum. Finally, great beer selection and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestUmbracoDined on 7/24/2014I miss Madison's! This place has become a haven for young parents and small children and that is great...if you fall into that demographic. We do not. It was so noisy the waiter could not even make out what we were ordering. Food was just okay. Service was just okay. We will probably be back because we are in the neighborhood. But there will not be a mad rush to do this.Special Features:
- Interesting and fresh combinationsKJ71Dined on 7/14/2014Excellent food! The salad was very fresh. Fries had a great flavor. The burgers were amazing. Overall really enjoyed this place.Special Features:
- Mthede1VIPDined on 7/12/2014Don't miss the Buffalo Chicken Nachos or the Godzilla Burger - YUM! Very friendly service but a bit on the slow side. Can't wait to return to try a different burger!Special Features:
- OMG WowILike2EatOutDined on 7/2/2014Burgers so good I'm considering selling my grill in shame! Try them, really. They are that good. Can't wait to go back. Cool neighborhood vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold, expensive and loudBbyepDined on 7/1/2014Nice drinks. The burger completely fell apart when I took the first bite. Too many components and they were all cold. Fries and drinks were good. The only good burger there was taken off the menu months ago. It's been downhill for awhile. It's in my neighborhood so I've gone many times. Never again for burgers. They're too unhealthy to have prepared this sloppily.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Very poor experience, service very slow and uninviting, food was not prepared as asked and very slow, bison burger greasy which is not normal, beer was not as cold which it should have been, server was only interested in chasing young women, just a very poor experience, I would not recommend to anyone. Really need to have someone watching and managing the staff.
- Always excellent!DaBears7Dined on 6/28/2014It's gotten to the point that I don't even want to try other burger places. TAG always delivers!Special Features:
- We'll come backtini579Dined on 6/21/2014I was in the mood for a burger and I wasn't disappointed. I expected it to be busier for a Saturday but we were able to sit down right away.Special Features:
- Will Be Returning...msgogekeDined on 5/31/2014We will be back here many times. The food, selection of draft beers and service was great!
- tesscmtDined on 5/24/2014Tag is one of our favorite spots. Their staff is incredibly helpful and nice. They have great burgers and beers on tap. We especially love it because sometimes it is hard to find a place that is both kid friendly and has good food. This place is always full of kids and has a good kids menu. The Colorado Proud burger is my favorite.Special Features:
- Gone downhillShoeDivaDenverVIPDined on 5/18/2014The service was very slow and inattentive. For example, our water glasses remained empty for more than 15 minutes while we tried to get the attention of a server (any server) for refills. The restaurant was very busy, which might have been a factor in the extremely slow service. The food was slow in coming also and was not as good as it had been on our other visits, the last of which was a couple of months ago. That said, the food was not bad. It just wasn't great. There was not the attention to presentation there has been in past visits.
- burgers & friesSiggDined on 5/17/2014Good basic stuff, though disappointed that they were out of salmon burgers that night. Also, very noisy indoors so we opted for out - good thing the heater worked or we'd have been cold. Took 30 minutes to get our food after ordering. And waiter led me astray regarding temp of burger so instead of med rare mine came very rare. But overall the teens I took especially enjoyed the food and the outdoors.Special Features:
- Great Denver Restaurant!inthemoodforfoodDined on 5/12/2014I had been here before, but I decided to go here for my sister's birthday dinner. Everything was wonderful (minus the parking). We walked in and were instantly seated and offered the drink list. Our waiter came over numerous times asking if we needed anything explained about the menu. Our food got there on time and was delicious and they gave my sister a free dessert for her birthday! I will totally go back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kobe beef sliders and sashimi tacosIwhoHaveNothingDined on 5/1/2014Interesting menu, stylish space, pleasing service....the other people were not so impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendlyJmodbricDined on 4/26/2014This is a popular neighborhood joint. Go because you are too tired to fix dinner or you just don't have the energy to dress up for an evening out. It can be noisy and the customer service is attentive even when busy which is a plus. The menu has great variety but honestly, the food is just pedestrian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 138 reviews are from the TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street reviews archive.
- New Favorite Place for Burgers!GoodFoodDined on 4/11/2014Tag Burger Bar has simply Amazing Burgers - great flavor and different topping combinations that combine to make an amazing burger. Ordered the Lady Gaga which was sublime. The duck fat and Tag spice fries are also fantastic. Would definitely go back for the food and this is now my fav place for a great burger. We went in the spring so didn't get to experience the patio or the corn hole game set up out front but imagine this is a great neighborhood spot for the summer! And finally, we arrived early for our reservation but because the bar was full, they sat us early at our table. Only Con is the noise level inside - found ourselves saying "What?" often which impacts the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!GrandavegirlVIPDined on 4/10/2014Beer selection is great. Food is outstanding. We had salads, naked burgers and some sweet potato fries. Plus it's great on a nice day they can throw the big doors open and it's like you are eating outside when the patio is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers, pickles, friedStephVIPDined on 4/9/2014Great burgers, pickles, fried pickles and onion rings. Attentive and very pleasant serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointJeffnCathyVIPDined on 4/7/2014TAG Burger Bar is consistently delicious. The food is great and the servers are always efficient and friendly. Only complaint is that sometimes the noise level goes from "energetic" to overwhelming (slamming patio door or loud T.V.'s). Great place for dinner out with friends when we want something casual but with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers Never Had it So Good!Stephen5280VIPDined on 4/5/2014TAG Burger Bar is another winner from chef Troy Guard. TAG BB is a great neighborhood joint with a "locals" vibe, yet welcoming to anyone who wants a great burger. Choose your patty (angus beef, bison, turkey, salmon, or veggie), and then TRY to choose your fixings. "The Bulldog" (roasted red pepper, sautéed mushrooms, provolone cheese, arugula, spicy mustard) and the "Godzilla," a Denver Burger Battle winner (teriyaki sauce, shiitake mushrooms, butter lettuce, crispy tempura flakes, smoked kewpi) are our favorites so far, but it's hard to choose. Service is spot-on and knowledgable; Kelly served us last time in, and she nailed it start to finish. The girl really knew her beer pairings, too - just one more reason to stop by TAG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood EatsSusanDined on 4/5/2014I enjoyed eating at TAG on Saturday, April 5th. It's a nice Congress Park neighborhood restaurant. The food was very good as was the service. I am a vegetarian and the veggie burger was excellent. I recommend TAG to others who are looking for a casual spot. The atmosphere is fun albeit a bit noisy. I will say the prices are quite high for a burger joint. Everything is priced a la carte` including a side of mayonnaise ($0.50). An extra $2.00 is added for lettuce, tomato and a slice of American cheese on a burger. An order of small fries is $4.00. Bring plenty of dough to TAG and enjoy your burger and fries. You'll enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 strikes, you're outDenverCVIPDined on 4/2/2014This was our last time trying TAG Burger. The service was terribly slow on a not-busy evening (our waitress kept disappearing). I'm gluten free and when I asked the waitress if the special of the day had gluten in it (fried wonton chips) she said yes, but said I could get brussels instead. Well,. she bought us both and charged us for both- what was I supposed to do with the chips I couldn't eat? I wanted to ask her about this but then she disappeared again. The fries were droopy. Our meals were so-so (husband got meatloaf, I got a naked ahi- burger which was rare not medium like I'd asked). By the time our waitress resurfaced our kids were cranky and all we wanted to do was leave. This is usually the way we feel after eating there.
- Gourmet Burger treatJoneVIPDined on 3/27/2014A fantastic "foodie" spot for gourmet-style burgers, great shakes, and a super friendly staff.Special Features:
- Burger nightDanaVIPDined on 3/8/2014This is a great neighborhood find, with a great burger!!Special Features:
- Awesome food/service!TravellinGalVIPDined on 3/5/2014The food here is amazing...TAG does it again. They have such interesting dishes...the spicy mac n cheese is awesome. I like the kids' menus with the dry erase markers--that was fun. The seating was a bit awkward though...tiny or extremely large tables that are sort of on top of eachother. Wish we still lived around the corner from this place we'd be there every week.Special Features:
- Meet a friend for lunch spotTeddDined on 2/20/2014Met my daughter therefor lunch. The food was very good. The service was also very good. It was a very enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN!!GiosDined on 2/14/2014Your evening starts with fabulous beers and ends with fantastic shakes!! In between is a burger that will make your taste buds delighted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food.....Fun EnvironmentpinkyaVIPDined on 2/14/2014I'm not sure why anyone would give this place a bad rating! We were looking for a casual, but fun environment to enjoy some good food and drink. We definitely found what we were looking for! This goes beyond a regular burger joint. It offers great "foodie" type options for appetizers and burgers. The drinks are fun and the beer list is great. Our only disappointment was the Russian River tap was out and hadn't been replaced. Bummer! Overall we enjoyed our experience and thought the food was great. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- very creative and yummy burgers.OutstandinDined on 2/8/2014very creative and yummy burgers. drinks are tasty tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate saladNavyRetDined on 2/4/2014Although I am sure the burgers would be good, I was fairly displeased with the food I did have. Started with the house made pickles...they were mushy and over spiced with chile flakes. The salad was a simple Arugula salad with beets, quinoa, almonds and a lemon vinaigrette. There was no quinoa and the greens had been way over salted. It was not salt in the dressing...it was salt all over the salad. More like theater popcorn or chips. They specialize in craft beers, but wanting a whisky...I was kind of disappointed by the selection.
- Good food, mediocre serviceRachelVIPDined on 1/29/2014I really enjoy Tag burger bar overall, but this most recent time I'm sorry to say we had a bad experience. A friend got the completely wrong burger, so they took it back to remake it. By the time it came back out of the kitchen, we had all finished our meals. Not only that, but the recipient of this particular meal is gluten intolerant, so she had ordered it on lettuce... When they finally did bring her the right burger, it was on a bun! So they had to take it back AGAIN. Finally, after all this, she was still charged for the burger. We thought this was just too much. When you're charging around $15 for a burger (w/o a side), you expect better service. Long story short... Come for the good food and beer. Don't come for the service.
- AH MAZINGKateDined on 1/18/2014Tag burger bar is awesome. Food is great, beer is great, atmosphere is very funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful variety of burgersDougVIPDined on 1/17/2014Wonderful variety of burgers including salmon, turkey and bison. I enjoyed the salmon burger and my wife thought the bison was wonderful Good service but quite noisy. There are some quieter tables and we were seated at one. Very limited dessert menu. Lots of families and neighborhood people.I would recommend this to a friend.