TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
1222 Madison St
Denver, CO 80206-3440Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.madisonstreetdenver.com/
- Phone: 3037362260
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday -Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Troy Guard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street
TAG BURGER BAR features gourmet burgers and a lengthy beer list from local breweries, all in a cozy neighborhood setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (23)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (15)good for groups (11)great for brunch (5)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Second time for us at TAG. We love the burgers and fries. Good beer selection too.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Had a great burger lunch. Outstanding selections (I had the bulldog) and great tasting burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to like this place but:OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014The food just wasn't very good. The shakes and potato skins were good, but surprisingly the burgers were not. The menu was creative and fun. I think it would be good for people with kids.Special Features:
- EhhJackieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Not so great experience for our first visit at Tag burger bar. My boyfriend and I both looked at the menu online and were excited to try some of the really delicious looking burger toppings! Unfortunately, pretty much everything had a lack of flavor, the service was slow and it was expensive for the amount of food . I guess we will have to keep searching for the perfect burger spot...Special Features:
- Fun place to watch the bronco gameLikableDined on 9/7/2014We had some killer burgers and grape cider and or wait person kept our glasses full… We had a really fun time and it's cool that it opens up to the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected a bit moreilovebeerDined on 9/1/2014We sat on the patio to enjoy the nice weather. However, it was hard to enjoy it since Tag allows people to bring dogs onto the patio. Well, two different couples at two different tables had dogs and they kept barking and trying to get at each other. It was very annoying to deal with that and hardly a relaxing experience. The burgers were fine, but not amazing. We had two burgers, two beers and and an appetizer and it cost us about $53. A bit expensive.
- Always reliablemormorVIPDined on 9/1/2014Servers found us a nice outdoor table when inside felt a little chilly. The salad with edamame and peanuts is one of the best salads ever. Next time I'll order a double portion. Love the duck fat fries even tho they could benefit from a little less salt & spice. The milkshakes with alcohol are sinfully good. My burger was a liitle less pink that I wanted but still tasty and moist. Glad there is a TAG close to me. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Burger HeavenSherryPDined on 8/31/2014I had been hungry for a burger for more than a week. My family treated me to my birthday burger at TAG Burger Bar. The Burger was delicious. Several of my friends had recommended TAG. Now I know why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Schoollarabb21Dined on 8/27/2014I had the Old School burger and Truffle Parmesan fries and all I can say is lick your lips amazing! One of the best burgers and fries combo's I have had in a while! very tastySpecial Features:
- Inventive BurgersdrainomanDined on 8/25/2014This is an adorable little spot tucked into the neighborhood. Lots of families with kids, so it can be LOUD. The burgers are some of the most inventive I've ever had. Try the duck fat fries too.Special Features:
- Great specialsDen80207VIPDined on 8/24/2014Love the monthly burger special. The server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmm... TAG!FoxiLadi87Dined on 8/20/2014We had the Colorado Proud and the Godzilla burgers and both of which were excellent! My only complaint was the bun was a little soggy but I believe that's only because the burger was so juicy. This was our first visit as we just moved into the neighborhood but will definitely be making this a regular spot. If not to eat then to get a reasonably priced beer. Thanks TAG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAGTabletimeDined on 8/13/2014Wide variety of creative items on the menu, friendly waitstaff, quick kitchen, great deals on wine (1/2 price Wednesdays!), nearby, and delicious. What's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's birthday dinnerJeffnCathyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Possibly one of our best dinners at Tag BB yet, and that's saying something. Food was spot on, waitress was great, kitchen was very accommodating of my kiddo's food allergies (dairy and eggs).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great foodfeelslikehomeDined on 8/4/2014Tag Burger Bar was a great find! I've never had better service at a restaurant in Denver. Their food is amazing. I highly recommend trying their duck fat fries. If you are looking for a quiet dinner place with amazing food, stellar service at a reasonable price, this should be your go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice BrunchSchultzDined on 8/3/2014I was delighted with the Chilaquiles, lots of flavor and a nice Bloody Mary as well with a peppered bacon slice as a garnish.Special Features:
- Best burger I've had in a long timeFriendoffoodDined on 8/1/2014I've never been motivated to write a restaurant review but I was so impressed with the experience at TAG that I felt compelled to write. The food was fantastic and service was excellent. I ordered the Lady Gaga burger and the combination of flavors was outstanding. The brussel sprouts were cooked perfectly and the fries were seasoned just enough. The homemade pickles are some of the best I've tasted. Great neighborhood restaurant vibe and after telling the waiter that we had just moved to the neighborhood from out of state he was kind enough to bring us a commentary order of fried Oreos! Never in a million years would I have thought I would have eaten something like that...but I did...and it was heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood jointPhoodieDined on 7/31/2014Needless to say, great burgers - perhaps best in Denver (turkey, veggie, salmon and bison in addition to to beef). Also tasty Brussels sprouts, Mac and cheese, fries, fried pickles - yum! Had fried Oreos with ice cream for dessert - double yum. Finally, great beer selection and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestUmbracoDined on 7/24/2014I miss Madison's! This place has become a haven for young parents and small children and that is great...if you fall into that demographic. We do not. It was so noisy the waiter could not even make out what we were ordering. Food was just okay. Service was just okay. We will probably be back because we are in the neighborhood. But there will not be a mad rush to do this.Special Features:
- Interesting and fresh combinationsKJ71Dined on 7/14/2014Excellent food! The salad was very fresh. Fries had a great flavor. The burgers were amazing. Overall really enjoyed this place.Special Features:
- Mthede1VIPDined on 7/12/2014Don't miss the Buffalo Chicken Nachos or the Godzilla Burger - YUM! Very friendly service but a bit on the slow side. Can't wait to return to try a different burger!Special Features:
- OMG WowILike2EatOutDined on 7/2/2014Burgers so good I'm considering selling my grill in shame! Try them, really. They are that good. Can't wait to go back. Cool neighborhood vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold, expensive and loudBbyepDined on 7/1/2014Nice drinks. The burger completely fell apart when I took the first bite. Too many components and they were all cold. Fries and drinks were good. The only good burger there was taken off the menu months ago. It's been downhill for awhile. It's in my neighborhood so I've gone many times. Never again for burgers. They're too unhealthy to have prepared this sloppily.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Very poor experience, service very slow and uninviting, food was not prepared as asked and very slow, bison burger greasy which is not normal, beer was not as cold which it should have been, server was only interested in chasing young women, just a very poor experience, I would not recommend to anyone. Really need to have someone watching and managing the staff.
- Always excellent!DaBears7VIPDined on 6/28/2014It's gotten to the point that I don't even want to try other burger places. TAG always delivers!Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the TAG / Burger and Bar at Madison Street reviews archive.
- We'll come backtini579Dined on 6/21/2014I was in the mood for a burger and I wasn't disappointed. I expected it to be busier for a Saturday but we were able to sit down right away.Special Features:
- Will Be Returning...msgogekeDined on 5/31/2014We will be back here many times. The food, selection of draft beers and service was great!
- tesscmtDined on 5/24/2014Tag is one of our favorite spots. Their staff is incredibly helpful and nice. They have great burgers and beers on tap. We especially love it because sometimes it is hard to find a place that is both kid friendly and has good food. This place is always full of kids and has a good kids menu. The Colorado Proud burger is my favorite.Special Features:
- Gone downhillShoeDivaDenverVIPDined on 5/18/2014The service was very slow and inattentive. For example, our water glasses remained empty for more than 15 minutes while we tried to get the attention of a server (any server) for refills. The restaurant was very busy, which might have been a factor in the extremely slow service. The food was slow in coming also and was not as good as it had been on our other visits, the last of which was a couple of months ago. That said, the food was not bad. It just wasn't great. There was not the attention to presentation there has been in past visits.
- burgers & friesSiggDined on 5/17/2014Good basic stuff, though disappointed that they were out of salmon burgers that night. Also, very noisy indoors so we opted for out - good thing the heater worked or we'd have been cold. Took 30 minutes to get our food after ordering. And waiter led me astray regarding temp of burger so instead of med rare mine came very rare. But overall the teens I took especially enjoyed the food and the outdoors.Special Features:
- Great Denver Restaurant!inthemoodforfoodDined on 5/12/2014I had been here before, but I decided to go here for my sister's birthday dinner. Everything was wonderful (minus the parking). We walked in and were instantly seated and offered the drink list. Our waiter came over numerous times asking if we needed anything explained about the menu. Our food got there on time and was delicious and they gave my sister a free dessert for her birthday! I will totally go back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kobe beef sliders and sashimi tacosIwhoHaveNothingDined on 5/1/2014Interesting menu, stylish space, pleasing service....the other people were not so impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendlyJmodbricDined on 4/26/2014This is a popular neighborhood joint. Go because you are too tired to fix dinner or you just don't have the energy to dress up for an evening out. It can be noisy and the customer service is attentive even when busy which is a plus. The menu has great variety but honestly, the food is just pedestrian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite Place for Burgers!GoodFoodDined on 4/11/2014Tag Burger Bar has simply Amazing Burgers - great flavor and different topping combinations that combine to make an amazing burger. Ordered the Lady Gaga which was sublime. The duck fat and Tag spice fries are also fantastic. Would definitely go back for the food and this is now my fav place for a great burger. We went in the spring so didn't get to experience the patio or the corn hole game set up out front but imagine this is a great neighborhood spot for the summer! And finally, we arrived early for our reservation but because the bar was full, they sat us early at our table. Only Con is the noise level inside - found ourselves saying "What?" often which impacts the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!GrandavegirlVIPDined on 4/10/2014Beer selection is great. Food is outstanding. We had salads, naked burgers and some sweet potato fries. Plus it's great on a nice day they can throw the big doors open and it's like you are eating outside when the patio is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers, pickles, friedStephVIPDined on 4/9/2014Great burgers, pickles, fried pickles and onion rings. Attentive and very pleasant serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointJeffnCathyVIPDined on 4/7/2014TAG Burger Bar is consistently delicious. The food is great and the servers are always efficient and friendly. Only complaint is that sometimes the noise level goes from "energetic" to overwhelming (slamming patio door or loud T.V.'s). Great place for dinner out with friends when we want something casual but with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers Never Had it So Good!Stephen5280VIPDined on 4/5/2014TAG Burger Bar is another winner from chef Troy Guard. TAG BB is a great neighborhood joint with a "locals" vibe, yet welcoming to anyone who wants a great burger. Choose your patty (angus beef, bison, turkey, salmon, or veggie), and then TRY to choose your fixings. "The Bulldog" (roasted red pepper, sautéed mushrooms, provolone cheese, arugula, spicy mustard) and the "Godzilla," a Denver Burger Battle winner (teriyaki sauce, shiitake mushrooms, butter lettuce, crispy tempura flakes, smoked kewpi) are our favorites so far, but it's hard to choose. Service is spot-on and knowledgable; Kelly served us last time in, and she nailed it start to finish. The girl really knew her beer pairings, too - just one more reason to stop by TAG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood EatsSusanDined on 4/5/2014I enjoyed eating at TAG on Saturday, April 5th. It's a nice Congress Park neighborhood restaurant. The food was very good as was the service. I am a vegetarian and the veggie burger was excellent. I recommend TAG to others who are looking for a casual spot. The atmosphere is fun albeit a bit noisy. I will say the prices are quite high for a burger joint. Everything is priced a la carte` including a side of mayonnaise ($0.50). An extra $2.00 is added for lettuce, tomato and a slice of American cheese on a burger. An order of small fries is $4.00. Bring plenty of dough to TAG and enjoy your burger and fries. You'll enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 strikes, you're outDenverCVIPDined on 4/2/2014This was our last time trying TAG Burger. The service was terribly slow on a not-busy evening (our waitress kept disappearing). I'm gluten free and when I asked the waitress if the special of the day had gluten in it (fried wonton chips) she said yes, but said I could get brussels instead. Well,. she bought us both and charged us for both- what was I supposed to do with the chips I couldn't eat? I wanted to ask her about this but then she disappeared again. The fries were droopy. Our meals were so-so (husband got meatloaf, I got a naked ahi- burger which was rare not medium like I'd asked). By the time our waitress resurfaced our kids were cranky and all we wanted to do was leave. This is usually the way we feel after eating there.