12801 Hill Country Boulevard
Bee Cave, TX 78738Neighborhood:
Bee Caves / Lakeway / Lake Travis
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tadashiaustin.com/
- Phone: 5122633200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Sun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Perfect plan for small parties or luncheons at meetings, conferences, seminars, all kinds of occasional events or even typical family events.Hot food is also available.
• Minimum order: TBD
• Fresh sushi, Pickled ginger, wasabi, Soy sauce, Napkins and Chopsticks
• Requires 3 days in advance
A word from Tadashi
Tadashi invites you to explore Japanese cuisine beyond sushi. Our specialty is Japanese-style seasonal plates, for sharing and pairing with wine or sake. Savor the dishes of Japan and enjoy the harmony of subtle & bold flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tadashi reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice choice for a celebrationtennismamaDined on 8/8/2014Friendly and knowledgeable wait person. Crazy fresh food! Portions not very large, especially the appetizer. Dessert was different, but delightful! And I liked the brussel sprouts! Want to try it at lunch for a less expensive way to try other entrees.
- Tadaaa! Tadashi!!!1DLM1Dined on 8/8/2014We've always had a great experience at Tadashi and Friday night, we had another! The staff is incredible and our waitress, Chin Chin, was amazing impressive! She suggested the Hot Springs sushi roll and it's now our new favorite. Everything was perfectly wonderful! You have to visit Tadashi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour menuAustinDined on 7/25/2014Pricey after happy hour. Friendly staff with great suggestions. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2014This was our second time, the first time was it's soft opening. During the soft opening the service was pretty bad, we waited forever for our food. The quality was good. However, this time the quality seems a little off. As before we waited 30 mins for our food even though it was not busy at all. The waiter and the manager just dropped the food off and didn't say anything and left. No one came back to ask how was everything. The fish had some discoloration, did not seem fresh at all. The volcano roll was the worst comparing with other restaurants. It was stuck together like a pizza by the melted cheese. Once you are able to break a piece off, it falls apart. Don't think we will go back.
- Excellent SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014I have been pleased with both of my visits. The sashimi was fresh and presented beautifully. My friends ordered the "Hot Angel" and after a taste of it I can't wait to order it again. The habanero masago was very cool!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningfun2dineDined on 6/21/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived and received attentive service from Karinda. She was knowledgeable about all the items on the menu and was able to suggest some very good appetizers as well as entrees. Two of us tried the Bento Boxes which we enjoyed and were surprised how much food we received. All of the food was good including the Scallops Teriyaki, Shrimp Tempura, Sweet Potato Fries, Miso Soup, Cod Entrée, Sushi and Tataki Escolar. We look forward to a return to try the lunch menu and to take advantage of their 3-6pm Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just outside cinemarkramjacconsulting333VIPDined on 6/20/2014Great location if you are going to or coming from the movies. Awesome food and service. Good people watching. Great happy hour prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor wine list...ATXwinoVIPDined on 6/11/2014We eat here regularly, though not nearly as regularly as we would if they any resemblance of a wine list worthy of good sushi restaurant. The food is very good to great, the presentation is fantastic, the atmosphere is good considering it's in the middle of an open-air mall, but the wine list makes me want to cry... We'd eat here a lot more if there were at least a few decent bottles of wine to choose from. Would it kill them to put a decent chardonnay on the list, like Sonoma Cutrer or Jordan, and how about a couple higher-end pinot noirs? Come on guys, get the wine list on par with the food, and you'll really have something...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Tadashi reviews archive.
- UnimpressedFoodieVIPDined on 5/14/2014We were primarily there for restaurant week but ordered two rolls to try. The voodoo and hot spring rolls were interesting and very fresh. The appetizers for restaurant week were okay. The mushrooms were undercooked and the tuna crudo was under seasoned. I did like the salmon ceviche. It took a very, very long time for our entrees to arrive. The salmon was overcooked, the stuffed mini bellas were nothing special, and my sea bass was luke warm. We all got the green tea cheesecake for dessert. Did not taste any green tea whatsoever. It seems like the cream cheese just overpowered the delicate taste of green tea. Service was okay. Overall, won't be back. I just felt bad my friend drove 1.5 hours for a subpar meal.
- TadashiCvisitorVIPDined on 5/12/2014When you walk in there is the smell of a cheap motel that has tried to cover up an offensive odor. After awhile you no longer notice it, but it got me off to a poor start. My waiter was friendly, but didn't know the special menu very well. The items I picked all tasted pretty good, but my wife had a very disappointing salad. What was most disappointing was the size of the portions for the price. The meal would have been good at half the price.
- Third Time Not the Charmws78620VIPDined on 4/29/2014The first time we went we really enjoyed the food but the service was lacking. We decided the food was good enough to go back again. Our second and third times were disappointing. The food wasn't as great as we remembered but still not bad. The service, however, got worse. We went on very slow nights and felt ignored the entire time. I really want to love this place but we keep leaving disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally sushi southAustinHatManDined on 4/21/2014Excellent sushi, comparable to Musashino's up north. Fortunately, Tadashi is located southwest in the Hill Country Galleria. Fresh tuna, salmon, yellow tail, shrimp and more are available in both Nigiri and Sashimi offerings. The ebi is perfect, and includes the fried heads, as it should. The special menu featured live scallops and clams the night we went, as fish is flown in from around the world, same as Musashino's. The restaurant also offers other Japanese entrees such as tempura and kushiyaki, but I can't help you there. I'm in it for the sushi only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SushiniccumDined on 3/28/2014First time here and I was really impressed. The live scallop was incredible (what I got of it after the rest of my family wanted a taste). The salmon melted in my mouth. The rolls (American, Spider, and Volcano) were all fabulous. Great place, can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lackingATXERVIPDined on 3/9/2014Third time in a row, we have been ignored by the servers. The third time, as we sat watching servers take care of other customers, we sat patiently waiting for anyone to stop by the table to greet us. Nope. We finally left after 25 minutes of waiting. We didn't even get offered water. The food is good but not worth such poor service. Texas Monthly review wasn't favorable as well. They said the servers were constantly trying to up sale. At least Texas Monthly had a server stop by their table. We won't be back.
- Great addition to the dining sceneCr3ativegirlVIPDined on 2/28/2014I've eaten at Tadashi twice now. Once for lunch and once for dinner. At lunch, the bento boxes are half price and huge. For dinner, we sat outside on the patio and had a great view of all of the people wandering around the Galleria. We started with the roll of the day and it was fantastic. The bento boxes are huge and enough for two people. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableTexasBethDined on 2/16/2014We love dining at this lovely sushi restaurant, the food is fresh and plentiful. I will note that the last two visits the service is slipping noticeably, can't seem to get a refill/drink order or order additional food without having to catch a server (any servers) attention. If they can fix that, I'm back to 4 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our 9PM reservations turnedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014our 9PM reservations turned into a 935 seating and the bar/kitchen closed at 10...had to order quick and couldnt order anything else....or anymore drinks. Hate when we try a new place and it's twice as far and half as good as our regular spot! When you think about trying this place, go to your favorite place and get your favorite meal....that way you wont be disappointed.
- Great service, okay foodAeonDined on 2/14/2014We ordered four different rolls, nearly all of them tasted pretty bland. The fish quality was okay, but the rolls themselves were just lacking the deliciousness we were seeking. The service was really good, we had an amazing waitress who was very attentive. The atmosphere was quiet, nice lighting and ambiance, small outdoor patio area that is nice to sit in when the weather is good. The best thing about this place is the happy hour menu, you can get some favorites for cheap: dumplings, miso soup, edamame, some basic rolls, and drinks. I plan to go back, never again for sushi though. I want to try some of the "chef specials" that I am hoping are better than the sushi, perhaps some more traditional japanese dishes like tonkatsu.Special Features:
- Excellent SushiATXFOODIEDined on 1/25/2014Overall, the sushi was excellent accompanied by a good bottle of wine. Lots more to explore on the menu. I'll be back...Special Features:
- Fresh and gorgeous sushi and bentoPlaces2dineDined on 1/4/2014This new place has a great menu and the bento boxes are very well presented!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBarclayDined on 1/3/2014Some of the best Japanese food in Austin. Owner and wait staff were perfect and it's not too pricey. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/3/2014Hard to find fish this fresh in Austin. Diverse and exciting menu. Not your usual menu full of only rolls. I recommend following your servers adobe on a few dishes to expand your experience. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Addition to Bee Cave AreaMarkSLakewayVIPDined on 11/30/2013Really good first experience. Food was top notch - had a mix of sushi and cooked entrees and really everything was very high quality, and nice serving portions. We have another excellent sushi restaurant here in Lakeway but have to say this one gives them a run for their money and presents some unique options. So, we'll have to split our allegiance. Service was a little spotty but was busy and they are new -- and that should improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff don't quiteCvisitorVIPDined on 11/29/2013The wait staff don't quite have their timing down yet at this new restaurant. Even the hostess station needs work. Hopefully it will get getter with time. Prices on the high side for good but not exceptional food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Working out the Kinkssg4peDined on 11/16/2013The food was amazing. They've only been open for a week and are still working out the service kinks. Everyone was friendly and apologetic for the wait for food. We will definitely being going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too slow for food deliveryMayumiDined on 11/9/2013I went to your restaurant with my husband. Food, including sushi, was very good. However, frequently several employees were asking how we are doing and how is taste? However, my order a chirashi was very late. I asked 3 or 4 employee(including owner of restaurant) about my order, everybody said "it's coming soon" or "it's making now". My chirashi was on table 40 minutes after I ordered. I believe this is too late. That day was soft opening, also, many customers. But, you should improve many thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightSadieLouiseDined on 11/9/2013Relaxed atmosphere. Food was quite tasty. I ordered scallop teriyaki and my husband ordered chicken teriyaki. We don't go out for Japanese food a lot so we stuck to dishes that sounded familiar. We both enjoyed our selections. Although, it would have been great if the restaurant had included food descriptions on their menu. With descriptions, we might have stepped out of our "box".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soft openingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2013We were there for its second night of their soft opening. Their operations and work flow still needs some work, but the food was excellent! The staff was super friendly and apologetic for the bumps along the way, though. We hung out there for a few hours and just enjoyed the experience. We started off outside on the patio - very nice with the fire. After it got a little too chilly, we moved inside to the bar area to enjoy our last round of sushi. They have delicious rolls and sashimi, and the fish sampler (it comes in 4 different sizes) was most outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work in progressTeaCupDined on 11/9/2013The new restaurant is still working out the kinks. Limited gluten & dairy free options.
- Soft OpenlkapDined on 11/8/2013Will definitely try this again - once they work out the kinks. Food was good, however service was not so good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing unfortunatelyCheeneDined on 11/8/2013We attended a soft opening...I realize this is the time to work out a few kinks before the grand opening. Unfortunately, there were more then just a few kinks. We ordered chef's choice. Food was good, not great, servings were small and took too long between them. The manager agreed to speed things along for us and took over our table, but even then, it took forever. Servings were small, some came in sets of 2 originals, (there were 3 of us), until we asked for bigger. The very last dish was a repeat, so they removed it. We were there for 3 hrs!!!!! The table next to us had a similar experience. If it wasn't 30% off, I would have had an issue. I may give them another try after a few months. Location is great though and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, very hipOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2013Bento boxes are great. We had some seafood tower that you smash and eat, it was awesome. Great sushi. Closed Sundays only negative.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem with rough edgesDLiuVIPDined on 11/8/2013Wonderful food prepared by experiend sushi chefs! - Hot Spring roll - Live Scallops - Spicy Tuna / Escolar roll - this was a special, custom-order roll (it was actually one of the best) - Fish Sampler - $60 - wonderful! Presentation was consistent with Izumi and the selection of fish was wonderful. From a service perspective, lots of kinks to work out. More training and "common sense" will go along way. Here's an example: My friend ordered champagne - waiter brought out half a flute. When she asked him about the amount, he said, that was how much was in the bottle. Thankfully, Shawn was there and rectified the situation by asking him to top off her glass. Sadly, he topped her off and did not leave the rest of the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice atmosphere.Like2eatDined on 11/8/2013Good food, nice atmosphere. Great addition to the Galleria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.