Tacos & Tequila - Luxor
3900 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Luxor Hotel and Casino
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Tacos & Tequila - Luxor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tacosandtequilalv.com/
- Phone: 7022625225
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Saul Ortiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room available.
- Private Party Contact: Angelica Valle 7027358322
- Entertainment: Enjoy Mariachi Brunch at Tacos & Tequila every
Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. with live Mariachis!
2 for 1 Top Shelf Margaritas. Don't forget to join us for Fiesta Weekends Featuring DJ Larry Lynx Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. $5 Tequila Shots and $5 Dos XX
A word from Tacos & Tequila - Luxor
Tacos & Tequila embodies the cool modernism of the new Mexico City as well as incorporating traditional elements of Mexican style and high-end Las Vegas panache. This color mixture of old and new creates a vivid picture of brushed aluminum, dark woods, fanciful leather, bright fabrics, and colored glass. Bull Fighting is an important thematic element in the setting of T & T. A 25 by 40 foot photographic mural depicting a female matador and a fierce bull locked in combat adorns the only wall in the main dining room. “The Beauty and the Beast” appear in a sensual give and take on three large murals hanging on the walls of “El Salon”, our intimate dining room located in the rear of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Tacos & Tequila - Luxor - Best Restaurants in Luxor Hotel and Casino ›
Tacos & Tequila - Luxor reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- buddyDined on 8/19/2014Good food. Good service. Will make another res. on our next vacationSpecial Features:
- Dinner before the concertOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Had a surprise dinner for my wife at Tacos & Tequila before Steve Miller Band / Journey concert. Very good food in a open bar types setting. Very good choice if you want something smaller than a sit-down big dinner. Not inexpensive but definitely fit what we were looking for. Recommendable and would eat there again if staying in the hotel again or have an event near the Luxor.
- Great Mexican food!Fishfood4Dined on 7/28/2014We went to Tacos & Tequila before seeing a show in the Luxor. The food was very good and the drinks were excellent. Fun spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudDisneyRunnerDined on 7/12/2014The music was a little too loud in the covered area away from the bar. Otherwise, loved it! Food is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tequila terrible tacos !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014The tequila list was fabulous ! However the tacos were disgusting. There was 4 of us & we ordered 8 beef tacos. The beef was stringy & old tasting. We all took one bite & sent them back, we were not credited for the tacos. Instead we were offered cheap shots of tequila, which I sent back. We ended up paying full price & eating room service for dinner.Special Features:
- PeterVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food is good, nothing spectacular, but good. The tequila list is extensive. It can be very noisy and on the weekends they have Mariachi's playing music, they are good, but consider themselves to be comedians as well, so if you're looking for a peaceful lunch, this might not be the place or go on a day other than a weekend. I would return, but it isn't a "must go to" place. The salsa's (two brought to the table) are very standard bulk salsa's, the chips are crisp and only lightly salted. The fish taco's were uneven, they were good, but each had a very different size piece of fish from standard to microscopic, the black beans were ok, the Spanish rice was bland.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014great dining experience. menu was unique and the food was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodneverDined on 6/23/2014the food that I ordered was more for apteitizer than main meal the portions were so small and the price that was charged was unreal I couldn't believe that for a party of two the bill was 70.00 how do you guys sleep at night I live in las vegas and i'm in the service industry and I will let you know that I will not recommend your restaurant to anyone and if they do ask I will advise them not to go the price is to high and not enough food
- Contemporary MexicanmexmexDined on 6/16/2014The food they serve is good overall. Just like most of other restaurant in Luxor and Mandalay Bay, it is more contemporary side whereas the traditional Mexican. If you prefer a quite place, it is not an option as the music they play is quite loud.Special Features:
- Excellent serverSd2014Dined on 6/12/2014Our server was awesome. Extremely helpful and kindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - poor service :-(OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014The food is wonderful. The salsa verde is the best we've ever had. Margaritas were good. But, the service was absolutely horrible. We had to find different servers to help us because ours was never around and then when he did show up, he'd forget things.Special Features:
- Love this placedavoDined on 6/1/2014The food is awesome! Must try the asada tacos, queso fundillo, guac. Get the michelada to wash everything down. Just a great Mexican restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's my birthdayvav28Dined on 5/10/2014I've come to T&T for my birthday the last 3 years. I enjoy the place but I have an issue with reservations. I placed reservations for 830pm and wasn't seated until 840pm when we arrived at 820pm, I know it's only 10mins but the restaurant wasnt busy and two parties who came around the same time, without reservations as us were seated before us. So, what the point of reservations? In many other restaurants when you have a reservation you are promptly seated. The server was also slow and attentive, seemed to be the only one there and the bar was slow to get our drinks out. I usually go during the crunch hour and the service is much better. I will most likely try a new place my next visit, as I visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun for large groupsJRo2Dined on 5/4/2014We were here for bachelorette party and they were very accommodating and staff was excellent! Food and drinks were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Tacos & Tequila - Luxor reviews archive.
- Amazing food!Lindsay71Dined on 4/25/2014If you love authentic Mexican food, you will love this place! Wish I could go there weekly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YuckDavidVIPDined on 4/2/2014The "Two Hot Tamales" need to visit their restaurant and fix a few things. First of all, the tortilla chips taste like the cheap stuff you get at the 7-Eleven, and the salsa is nothing to write home about (the best salsa in Vegas is at Cabo Wabo). I ordered the steak fajitas - and what I got was grisly meat, and a smattering of condiments. Remember the old Chi Chi's chain? They were better than this. The service, however, was pleasant. It wasn't the people, it was the food - borderline gross, but definitely yuck.
- Very nicePhatmimaDined on 3/21/2014The white peach margarita is to die for!! Music was great! Love the look and location. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting tacos and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014From the moment you wait for a table til the end of your meal, every employee had a smile. The seating was very prompt and they were not rude to rush us into ordering. Their tacos are great and I would recommend this to anyone as an alternative to the vegas fastfood choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel FoodAnnLOD01Dined on 3/19/2014Food was good for a hotel but nothing memorable. Service was mediocre. Understaffed as usual for a hotel.Special Features:
- while the food was great -hoelsbaDined on 3/7/2014while the food was great - the music was too loud. it's not a good place for a larger group - service was poor due to only having one waiter for many tables.Special Features:
- a great Valentine's day dinner.nyracballerDined on 2/14/2014We ate here three times in five days while vacationing in Las Vegas. The food was very good. The service most times was great. Wouldn't hesitate going back again!Special Features:
- awesome serviceshtrdglassheartDined on 2/9/2014food was amazing. Very atentative to my boyfriend and I. Enjoyed the free chips and was very filling.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Price, Good VibesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014I went to this restaurant with a group of 11 girls for a bachelorette party before our night out, and we had a great time! The drinks were AWESOME, food was great, and sever made our experience as special as we'd hoped. Great time - would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, decent priceboxer12Dined on 2/5/2014We were searching for a restaurant near the Bodies exhibition and Mexican food sounded good. The food was good. Nothing bad, but nothing outstanding. Loved the menu with tequila flights though! Fun to try. Best part was the bill wasn't crazy expensive - unusual in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummySzellDined on 1/24/2014Had the grilled chicken tacos & a couple of the mango-ginger margaritas. All were yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this restaurant at all costsTablefor2VIPDined on 1/8/2014I was so excited to go to a good tequila bar and was so disappointed with almost everything. The only correct item is that they do have a decent tequila selection-overpriced but available. The food is horrible; the red salsa served with the chips had a petroleum flavor - the green salsa was decent as were the chips. I ordered the Carne Asada-it had so much fat and gristle it was inedible; the rice looked like it was out of a can and the black beans were so dry I could have used for paste. We made reservations considering it was during CES and knowing restaurants are so busy - not so here and I now know why. The food and service are bad, do not waste your money here.
- Food tasty but small portionsjofamanDined on 12/31/2013The food had great flavor. All three of us order different tacos. They were served on 4 inch corn tortillas, looked more like an appetizer than an entrée portion. Huge portion of rice that no one ever eats at any Mexican restaurant anyway. Black beans were nice instead of refried beans. Service was slow and the server apologized every time she showed up to the table. Even though we had reservations and there were several open tables, we still had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. Overall not worth the price for what you get.
- I will be back!JokerDined on 12/6/2013I heard great things about this restaurant and when I experienced it myself I understood why!.........the chefs are AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a bit disorganizedsteakloverVIPDined on 11/25/2013Service was a bit disorganized and slow, although it manger to finally work out in the end. Started off non responsive and the standard "I'll be back in a minute to take gor order", yet 10-15 minutes passed etc. Good food but music was annoying for a Mexican themed joint - like a nightclub with techno.
- Good foodNattyPeaVIPDined on 10/18/2013They have the best taco in Las Vegas! The energy was nice. It was a bit loud but then again we went on a Friday night at 7:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceLuxor1012Dined on 10/5/2013We went to celebrate 4 birthdays (2 of them 40!). Extremely slow service.Special Features:
- Good option before show at LuxorCanadaluvsvegasDined on 9/17/2013Food is good, drinks are a bit expensive but are very good and unique (some are made with real fruits). The waitress was really great.Special Features:
- FantasticEdK1979Dined on 8/20/2013Fantastic food, drinks, and spot to people watch. All of the ingredients tasted fresh and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for Tex MexDCEaterVIPDined on 8/4/2013I took my family of four to this restaurant. Everyone was happy with the food and experience. The prices were also reasonable.Special Features:
- Mexican for a Group!KBDinesDined on 7/30/2013This restaurant was a great place to take a larger group to dine in Vegas without breaking the bank. It has a casual atmosphere, killer margaritas, and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLEASE TURN DOWN THE MUSICBrianLDined on 7/13/2013They don't accept open table reservations. The music is so loud your waiter can't hear your order. I won't be back.
- Yummy!injeanious1Dined on 7/10/2013Really enjoyed the food, service was great, one of the better meals I had while on vacation.Special Features:
- Very goodTheThompsonsDined on 7/8/2013Went here before Jabawockeez show. Good waiter, good enchiladas and the strawberry agave margarita was way good!Special Features: