2632 San Miguel Road
Newport Beach, CA 92260Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Taco Rosa - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tacorosa.com/
- Phone: 9497200980
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 1:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Javier Zambrano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring the 21st Century of Mexican Cuisine to your own setting. Enjoy our unique approach to Mexico City Cooking: an eclectic fusion of Spanish, French and Southwestern influences. Our highly trained staff and service professionals create a personalized team which will ensure a successful and memorable event. Authentic and innovative recipes that utilize contemporary cooking techniques inspire our menus. We offer 'on site cooking' as an option. From an intimate 'taqueria' style gathering, black-tie formal wedding to a major event or fundraiser..Your memories are our greatest asset.
- Private Party Facilities: Taco Rosa Newport Beach or Irvine offers a contemporary 'Latin Rivera' resort setting to host all types of events.
With various areas and semi-enclosed outside patios, we can accommodate groups from 8 to 100 for all types of events including, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsal dinners, fundraisers, corporate parties and business meetings.
We take exceptional pride in our hands-on 'anfritiones' hosts & inviting ambiance. Our creative menus and attentive service will make your gathering wonderfully memorable.
Executive Chef Javier Zambrano and his team have created multiple event menus that represent our uncompromised quality at surprisingly reasonable prices. Contact Ivan Calderon (email@example.com) for information. He will happily show you around, discuss event details, and check available dates and times for your special event. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to Taco Rosa.
- Private Party Contact: Rene Fuentes 9492312192
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
- not goodaberdonVIPDined on 9/21/2014Taco Rosa wasn't operating up to its usual standard the last 2 times I have been there...and there is no 3rd chance.The service was terrible...our menus were coated with leftover food and drink...when we asked the hostess for new menus because these were sticky, she replied"that 's what I clean them with". We ordered iced tea and got water ...we reminded him that we ordered iced tea and he brought 2 glasses with the tea and one ice cube in each glass....then we asked for sweetener, 3 times, before he remembered to bring it. It was early when we there , so the place was not crowded. The food came as ordered...it was incredibly spicy and over-salted...the meat was over-cooked . I would not recommend it nor return.
- Excellent experience!RickSFOVIPDined on 9/21/2014My son and I were looking for a quick brunch spot on a Sunday morning, and came across Taco Rosa... what a great find, and definitely somewhere we will return to! Also, I believe this is one of the best values in Irvine you will find for Sunday Brunch!Special Features:
- LtandandieDined on 9/20/2014We were seated quickly, and received chips and salsa. We were given a complimentary appetizer , I ordered the sea bass fajitas with the servers recommendation and it was awesome. The hubs ordered the signature dish, chili relleno pie, equally relish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end strip mall restaurantStephanieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Amazing neighborhood Mexican. Heslthy and yummy. Must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ChipsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Nacho Chips were stale and crushed. When they replaced them it had a taste of old bad grease. Since the charge for chips and salsa they need to provide better quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidLovetoeatVIPDined on 8/3/2014Taco rosa is an authentic Mexican restaurant. It had that feeling as soon as you walked in. To start with we had the chips with salsa and avocado It was good but my wife makes a better one. Hey give you plenty of VIPs. They also give you a free appetizer which was quite good. The margheritas are excellent. The main dishes of tacos and enchiladas were excellent. The burrito had too much sauce and wasn't great. The waitress Alexandra was excellent. We went for an 8:30 reservation. Problem was kitchen closes at 9:00 so we got rushed a bit.
- Good food, great serviceDougVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had a nice dinner with my family here. The food was a nice step up from your typical chain Mexican restaurant and the staff was outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood Place for MexicanBeach101VIPDined on 7/1/2014Taco Rosa serves very good, delicious Mexican food with a flair: The Blackened Chicken Burrito has won a well-deserved award from Sunset magazine. It's makes a very hearty and satisfying lunch or dinner. The tacos and other creative dishes are fun and served promptly in an appetizing manner. I've been to Taco Rosa probably a dozen times over the years and I appreciate the outstanding service I have received there. I will be back and I definitely would recommend to Mexican food lovers everywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 81 reviews are from the Taco Rosa - Newport Beach reviews archive.
- Fist Time HereFlumppDined on 6/20/2014I had read the reviews and this is a true neighborhood gem. Although the salsa that came with the chips a little watery with no zip, the guacamole was great. The chicken nachos were great as well. We had a variety of dinners but the lobster enchiladas and the mexican osso bucco won rave reviews. Far above most mexican in the area. We also sat on the patio which was nice on a summer evening. Service was good. I will be going back and telling friends.Special Features:
- Bravo Taco RosaCJYorkDined on 5/17/2014I choose Taco Riso based upon reviews from Open Table. My experience was wonderful. My family and I had cocktails, an appetizer, wonderful entrée and for desert churros with dark chocolate. Simply outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Great FoodFoodlover3223Dined on 5/10/2014Our waiter was outstanding. Personable, efficient, eager to explain menu and make suggestions. The lobster bisque, lobster enchiladas, carnitas, and guacamole we ordered were all delicious, as were the margaritas. It was our first visit but we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taco Sophistica!TonyVIPDined on 5/6/2014This is not your ordinary Mexican Restaurant. The dishes are prepared and served with flair. The Latin courtesy of the servers makes for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- We went fro Brunch. The foodjimboVIPDined on 3/30/2014We went fro Brunch. The food and selection are wonderful. Especially the omelets and enchiladas. The chocolate fountain and fresh churros were really tasty. We had 11 people and the services was quick and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taco, Taco, Taco!TonyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Continuing excellece with a touch of difference on their Mexican dishes. Tacos include calamari, shrimp, mushroom, etc., etc. Service is worth the trip. This is the sort of place that responds to a request for regular coffee after dinner by brewing a fresh pot rather than just serving the popular decaf which is already on hand.Special Features:
- Lunch Not Great-Usually greatKatieMVIPDined on 3/22/2014We love Taco Rosa and dine there frequently. Everyone's lunch was delicious, but my chicken mole was overcooked and extremely tough. I was entertaining clients and didn't want to bring it up. Waiter went missing for about 20 minutes at the end of lunch and i had to hunt him down to pay.Special Features:
- Birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014We had a group of 16. Our waiter Gerardo was great. Very attentive. As far as I know, we were all happy with our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo!TonyVIPDined on 3/20/2014Surprisingly sophisiticated for a restaurant tucked in the corner of a neighborhood shopping center. Not just your usual Mexican food but a touch of originality. Service and presentatation exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFinfelVIPDined on 3/15/2014We read the positive reviews and invited friends and drive the 25 minutes to check out this place. Luckily our friend wasn't feeling well and couldn't make it - don't bother with a special trip here. The service tries hard but even they seemed to admit that some of the dishes aren't the best. The award winning margarita was so-so. The nachos was tasty but odd - only 8 tortilla chips. The entrees were where it really fell down- nothing served hot and all served bland. Chicken mole enchilada so dry! One taco just tasted of onion. Steak taco SO dry and bland I didn't bother finishing it. Highlight was maybe the octopus taco. Tasty and moist and actually warm. Not enough to save the night, nor was the kind , apologetic server.
- Above the rest!TonyVIPDined on 3/14/2014Taco Rosa adds some specialities that are well worth it, particularly the Camerones Tapiquena. Service with exemplary Latin courtesy and grace. We''ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!! GREAT mexicanDUCKYDined on 1/4/2014Love this place!! GREAT mexican food, busy ambiance, and service. If you want noise and action, sit inside - if you want quiet and conversation, sit outside. The outside is equipped with fantastic heaters, so you still feel like you are inside... love it!! My ONLY complaint was that I went for my birthday, and we had requested a patio table because we were with my 90-year old grandpa, and they didn't follow through. The evening was great because the food was great and it was my birthday and I was with the family, etc. but papa didn't know a darn thing that was happening... So, if you have an important request, maybe call to reassure how important your request is. Other than that, the service was PERFECT!Special Features:
- great surpriseChristineVIPDined on 12/8/2013first time for us. Great Mexico city food, very unique items on menu. wonderful tamerindo margarita and fresh strawberry margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new go-to spot for MexicanOutInOCDined on 11/11/2013Can't believe we didn't know this place was here all these years. Tucked away in a shopping center off Bonita Canyon Rd, this place is a real gem. Excellent food and margaritas and friendly, attentive staff makes it a great place to hit when we get a craving for Mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013This restaurant is an unexpected delight with unusual plates on the menu. This is not your ordinary Mexican restaurant, it's above average and although it is a bit pricey, it was worth the cost. The food was excellent, the service superb, and the atmosphere was very nice...ask for Christian, he will take good care of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2013We have tried various Mexican restaurants in the Newport Beach area. Taco Rosa is better than others, but still far from authentic. Guess we will have to venture farther from Gringo Land into Santa Ana for that. The restaurant is nice for drinks and a casual meal after a day at the beach. Great margaritas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2013When my group of friends arrive we immediately had a table. Taco Tuesday is always busy night but we were taken care of very nicely by our server. The restaurant is a neighborhood gem with fun casual ambience. We enjoyed our selves and was very pleased with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentically MexicanBeach101VIPDined on 6/18/2013This is an authentic Mexican restaurant with very good food and outstanding service. There's rarely a wait for a table unless you're picky. They have an outdoor patio which often fills up, but inside are lots of TV's and a decent local bar scene if you like. I recommend the "Taco Tuesday" as a very good value. Excellent margaritas and Mexican beers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedDisappointedDined on 5/4/2013First time to eat at this restaurant. Given that it is tucked into a corner of a shopping center we would have never found it if Open Table had not listed it in our search for a restaurant. They offer a variety of mexican food and I was intrigued with the steak and brie c tacos. They were incredible! I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Wonderful brunch - staff was attentive and polite! Margaritas were outstanding! It worked great for our group of 6 for a daytime birthday celebration - will go there again and again!!! Mariachi band was an added bonus....Special Features:
- Love the food! EspeciallyjaywayDined on 3/15/2013Love the food! Especially the quesadilla morenita. The chicken one is excellent. Subbing in calamari is even better! The margaritas are great! We had a large group (15) and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- I am a big fan of Taco MesactbrubakerDined on 3/9/2013I am a big fan of Taco Mesa so I was excited to finally make it to Taco Rosa. The service was excellent. It was a busy Saturday evening but it appeared to be a well oiled machine. The margaritas were excellent. I had the carnitas. Another person in my party had the lobster enchiladas. We all enjoyed our food. The only complaint we had is that the food was way too salty. I like a little salt but on my carnitas it was very heavy handed. Otherwise I would come again and maybe mention to go light on the salt.Special Features:
- Open Table Reservation Not So OpenChefmanVIPDined on 3/8/2013We had a 6:15 PM Open Table reservation on Friday evening. We arrived about five minutes early to discover they had not kept a table available for us. We were told a 10-15 minute wait, which turned into a half hour. It was a chilly night and the only waiting area is basically outdoors, not much fun. The restaurant was very busy early. After we had been waiting about 20 minutes, the manager came by, apologized again and offered to bring us drinks on the house., which we accepted. A margarita can make a wait more tolerable! Food was terrific as always!
- This is a nice quaint neighborhoodSchelboneDined on 2/14/2013This is a nice quaint neighborhood restaurant with delicious upper end mexican food. Not your standard mexican faire.Special Features:
- Perfect Light Midweek DinnerrobinEVIPDined on 2/6/2013We were up for lighter fare this night. My husband had the shrimp ceviche and a fish taco. He loved both. I had the house salad and the Alambre taco. Perfect for a filling dinner. We've had full platters there before but we both loved our dinners and left feeling super full. Great weeknight dinner.Special Features:
- Great Place for AllOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013Cocktails are a 5! Mixed fresh, many types of homemade sangri too. Prices are very reasonable, there are many healthy dining options and I always enjoy the salad with grilled salmon on top. This is not a greasy spoon. The burritos and rice are also outstanding. Complimentary appetizers. Chips are very good, with several fresh salsas and marinated carrots. I asked for a carrot refill. Don't skip dessert, a light fluffy (think benights) sprinkled with ample powered sugar and chocolate sauce & honey for dipping or you can opt for churros with dipping sauce. Casual is fine! Located in an upscale strip-mall in Newport.Special Features:
- I have been to Taco Rosa manyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013I have been to Taco Rosa many times. The food is always good and one of the few restaurants that can accommodate large groups = my group was 15 for lunch on a work day.Special Features:
- Great for everybody youngOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013Great for everybody young to adult. Everybody loves the food. The special appertizers are especially delicious.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013They have an interesting menu that puts a unique twist on several traditional Mexican dishes. They make a bad first impression by not giving chips and salsa as you arrive. You have to pay for chips and salsa (we did) and we were shocked that their chips were just ordinary Doritos, that weren't even heated up. But our burritos were good, although over priced. Over all it wasn't a bad experience, but we aren't likely to return.Special Features:
- Our waitress had too manyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013Our waitress had too many tables so was unable to provide descent individual service. We asked multiple times for various items. Food was average at best...they served a sweet corn cake with dinner which normally I really enjoy but this was dried out and hard. Chips tasted bland and stale and the salsa was just as bland. My husband did day the margaritas were good and we did arrive a few minutes late for our reservation which we called to inform them and they happily and easily accommodated us.
- Taco Rosa is amazing!NeoDocVIPDined on 12/31/2012The pork shoulder special was the best ever! We go to Taco Rosa frequently and appreciate the monthly specials - always something interesting. The latest decor/entertainment nights are great additions. Best margaritas in town!Special Features:
- There were just 6 other tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/21/2012There were just 6 other tables with guests yet we had to ask the Manager to send a server. The Managet stood right in front of our table and chatted on and off with the tortilla woman without ever even making eye contact with us. Once a server did come, we did not get owe entire order, we did not get drink refills and the tacos were so salty, neither my daughter or I ate them.....no one noticed. The bill came and it was wrong twice....does anyone there care?