13792 Jamboree Road
Irvine, CA 92670Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Taco Rosa - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tacorosa.com/
- Phone: 7145056080
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 1:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 1:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Javier Zambrano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring the 21st Century of Mexican Cuisine to your own setting. Enjoy our unique approach to Mexico City Cooking: an eclectic fusion of Spanish, French and Southwestern influences. Our highly trained staff and service professionals create a personalized team which will ensure a successful and memorable event. Authentic and innovative recipes that utilize contemporary cooking techniques inspire our menus. We offer 'on site cooking' as an option. From an intimate 'taqueria' style gathering, black-tie formal wedding to a major event or fundraiser..Your memories are our greatest asset.
- Private Party Facilities: Taco Rosa Newport Beach or Irvine offers a contemporary 'Latin Rivera' resort setting to host all types of events.
With various areas and semi-enclosed outside patios, we can accommodate groups from 8 to 100 for all types of events including, birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsal dinners, fundraisers, corporate parties and business meetings.
We take exceptional pride in our hands-on 'anfritiones' hosts & inviting ambiance. Our creative menus and attentive service will make your gathering wonderfully memorable.
Executive Chef Javier Zambrano and his team have created multiple event menus that represent our uncompromised quality at surprisingly reasonable prices. Contact Ivan Calderon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information. He will happily show you around, discuss event details, and check available dates and times for your special event.
We look forward to welcoming you and your guests to Taco Rosa.
- Private Party Contact: Rene Fuentes 7145056080
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- Service was not up to par...smncdmDined on 9/16/2014I have been going to both locations since they opened. This was the worst experience. Even though we had reservations our table location was next to the entrance to the dining room. Our waiter, when available, was curt and just wanted the order and would have done or said anything to move things along. He actually lied to my guest about the seafood fajitas. He wanted a small plate and asked if it was a large portion..The waiter assured him it was small. My guest did not want to have left overs as he was traveling back to LA in the hot weather and did not want it to spoil. When it arrived it had two large portions of fish, way more than he had said... The ambiance was hectic and loud. ..IT will be some time b4 I return to Taco Rosa.
- A great date nighttiffanybugDined on 9/13/2014We went to Taco Rosa after a coworker recommended it. The hostess, server, and manager were all very friendly. The server and manager seemed very accommodating and knowledgeable about the menu. I had the paella, which was delicious and my husband loved his pork burrito. Got a dessert "taster" upon request with a small flan, churros, and sopapillas. My favorite of the three was the flan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is a hit or missJohnicusVIPDined on 8/27/2014Depending on the time of day you'll get a certain level of service. Of course there are some servers that are usually good anytime, but I only know of 2.Special Features:
- Great pork dishes!HappyinIrvineDined on 8/26/2014The pork entree that I got was absolutely yummy. It was a lot of food on the plate, and it all tasted great! The flan is not your typical flan so I was a bit disappointed with desert, but overall this is a great place to eat!Special Features:
- Comfortable!!JtizzleDined on 8/14/2014I had a great time at Taco Rosa! The food was tasteful and nicely prepared. I was very comfortable and the service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good upscale mexicanAB2014Dined on 8/5/2014We had a very nice lunch. Lobster and salmon tacos were very good .Special Features:
- FSUJennVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was pretty good, however the service was sub-par. We waited over 15 minutes from when we sat down to when we got drinks and chips, at a Mexican restaurant! I would probably not return.
- Average food, terrible margaritaLuv2dineDined on 7/15/2014We were seated quickly and the waitress was pleasant enough. All three of us ordered regular margaritas. Mine was the worst of my life, and my dining companions said theirs were just so so. We each had a different entre. The chicken taquitos were terrible, the tostada was fine and my chicken pie was fine. The noise was deafening. That I can live with as it was busy Wednesday evening. I love Mexican food, but this was disappointing.
- Great food, not so good servicedudeymanDined on 6/25/2014First time at this location. Not sure if it was an off night for them but the service was severely lacking. Was not crowded when we arrived (after the dinner rush) yet it took a while just to be seated. No one was monitoring the entrance and arrival of new diners. After being seated it took a very long while for anyone to notice we were there. Eventually sought out the manager to inquire what the problem was. He said they were short-staffed but would get to us as quickly as he could. Well, we should have left then...but decided to stick it out. Eventually a waiter made his way to our table and took our order but the service was horribly lacking throughout the entire evening. Won't be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the Taco Rosa - Irvine reviews archive.
- Beyond the ordinaryTonyVIPDined on 6/15/2014Taco Rosa takes tradtional Mexican food and adds sophisticated taste. Tacos exceptional. Excellent attention to detail combined with Latin politeness and charm.Special Features:
- Bri1178Dined on 6/12/2014Taco Rosa is a great place for large group dining. We had a table for 12 and we were very comfortable. Food was good. Great atmoshphere for well behaved kids. Wait staff was ultra nice, GREAT SERVICE!!! Would recommend to anyone looking for good Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENTLY GOODshelcVIPDined on 6/1/2014I can always count on a good meal and great service at Taco Rosa. I just discovered their sangria and it was delicious and quite large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day Dinnerksb48VIPDined on 5/10/2014We brought grandma to celebrate Mother's Day on Friday night for dinner. We were looking for something different and found it at Taco Rosa. The food is exceptional and the service top notch. I asked for a booth and got one tucked away so we can have conversation and not be sitting in a fish bowl. It was intimate and fun at the same time. Mother in Law had a great time and raved about the food...she loved the salmon tacos and enjoyed her strawberry margarita. We will definitely return. There were great options for kids as well. Our daughter ordered off the kids menu and the serving sizes was generous and food delicious.Special Features:
- DebsterVIPDined on 5/10/2014I love the food and the service. I always get treated like a queen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencelovetoenjoyDined on 4/26/2014We thought the chips were not fresh. The dinner was delicious. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexico City enchiladas..ccffVIPDined on 4/26/2014Love there chicken enchiladas and the chicken tacos some of the best quality and taste in OC. Will be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go elsewheremarkVIPDined on 4/12/2014there are far superior Mexican restaurants in the area - in fact, the Original Taco Factory even has this place beat. They sort of try to fancy up what should be basic delicious food. Don't bother.
- After we were seated it tookEatingoutDined on 4/11/2014After we were seated it took awhile for our waiter too appear. In fact a party of 10 were seated after us and next to us and their waiter took care of them right way. They had their drinks by the time ours finally showed up. And after we ordered, the waiter was non existent. The waiter forgot to place my husbands martini order by the time she showed up our regular drinks were empty for a while. And then after my husband got his martini it didn't taste right so we had to wait for her to show up again. Let's just say the service was non existent. We didn't complain because that makes things uncomfortable for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Service lacking.MishimcDined on 4/11/2014The food was great, but the service needs improvement. We finished our appetizer before we were even able to order out entrees. I finished my water and my husbands water about half way through the meal, but couldn't get anyone to bring more water. Every time we asked our server for something it took forever for him to bring it, if we got it at all. While we were waiting, we could see him standing around and joking with the other servers. We have had the same experience twice and had the same server both times, so I'm not sure if the restaurant has bad service in general or if we just keep getting a crappy server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexico City chicken enchiladaccffVIPDined on 3/29/2014Best chicken enchilada I've had in a long time. Also, hence the name their fried tacos are way good. There is not another mexican restaurant in OC like Taco Rosa. Keep up the good service and food quality and you will packed the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy cocktails & AppsLove2eatVIPDined on 3/21/2014The queso fundido appetizer was delicious. The entrees are well portioned. I really liked the ambiance here. If at all possible ask for a table outside. The heaters keep the just the right temperature for cold nights and the day brings in just the amount of sun you need to enjoy. Does not have a variety of options for kids.Special Features:
- Go to restaurant in neighborhoodJordanDined on 3/15/2014We enjoy this restaurant all the time. They serve quality Mexican food in a very nice atmosphere. It has always been reliable and meets our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Everything was great. The food, ambience, and the service was awesome. However, there was at one point in time that the manager came up to me and ask about when where my guest arriving. They were running a bit late (15 minutes) and I had the impression they wanted to kick me out of the resturant because of that. The entire resrvation time the manager where giving us, stares, like asking when are you going to leave?Special Features:
- Not your traditional Mexican fareElegantVIPDined on 2/28/2014Nice environment and great food. Loved the filet and Brie tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placealex9187Dined on 2/14/2014I will totally recommend this restaurant to anyone. The food is super super, well at least the one I tried. The service was amazing, top spot. The inside is really cozy, not too elegant, but its very welcoming. The hubby and I are surely going back for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taco Rosa birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2014I booked a lunch for my birthday with 3 friends and requested a booth. Everyone was happy with the food and service, especially the cozy corner where we could talk among ourselves. It was a good choice! Natalie E.Special Features:
- Taco Rosa was deliciousccffVIPDined on 2/8/2014Wow Taco Rosa has really stepped up their game. Food was very good. I had the deep fried tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fav....TommiDined on 2/1/2014I love Taco Rosa! It has delicious food, wonderful drinks...all the stuff that you would expect with a nice restaurant. Service is quick and the staff is very friendly! Keep it up!Special Features:
- Good Food!MattDined on 2/1/2014Had several of our waiter's recommendations...all were good! We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Lunch or Dinner!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 1/29/2014Taco Rosa has a very good menu, the food is different from your typical Mexican restaurants, which is a refreshing change from the norm! This time around I had the Pork Shank in a brown sauce, the Mexican version of Osso Bucco, this meal was very tasty and very well presented, I would definitely order this again! This restaurant is really a classy place, every time I've eaten there, the Chief always sends a complementary appetizer over to the table, this time around he/she sent over Sopes, a small round corn tortilla with a meat sauce, vegetable and cheese on top, very tasty! The atmosphere is very modern and contemporary Mexican design, you won't be disappointed have a meal here and I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Excellent & Creative Mexican!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014A great restaurant with great food and ambiance! Very creative and tasty Mexican dishes. Their lobster bisque soup is absolutely amazing!!!Special Features:
- OK but not greatJennVIPDined on 1/18/2014Although the food was good, the service was very slow and inattentive and being seated on the patio with no heat when it was 65 degrees out was very unpleasant.
- Celebrating Friend's 50thjovaliDined on 1/11/2014Celebrated a 50th birthday with a dozen friends. Restaurant accommodated our reservation request to have the outdoor patio. It was perfect for our party -- loud! Servers were attentative and accommodating. Food and drinks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveMoe5Dined on 12/31/2013Had a great time for our New year's Eve dinner...There was a problem with the reservation system but the hostess was so wonderful and gracious, offered us a table which we gladly accepted. It could have been a disaster but for the way the door hostess handled the situation. The food and especially the Blanco Sangria was great. Service was equally as professional even on a very busy night....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to this restaurantFood4ThoughtVIPDined on 12/19/2013I've been to this restaurant several times and ordered different menu items, and each time was a delicious experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mexican FoodFrankDined on 12/18/2013Taco Rosa, either of their locations, serves unusual and excellent Mexican Food. Great ambiance and service. My very favorite Mexican Restaurant.Special Features:
- Hearing loss!ParisNanetteDined on 11/27/2013We've been to this place several times before so I can rate this food as pretty good. Unfortunately our recent experience will be our last at this restaurant. We were kept waiting despite reservation and then offered two separate booths for our party of 7. The night before Thanksgiving with out of town relatives. We refused and were finally seated together but a guest musician was so amplified we could not hear the person next to us as they shouted in our ear. The singer wasn't bad, but didn't even need a mike in this very small space. We left and went to On the Border around the corner. Not as charming but several hundred decibels quieter.
- It was okayglockgirlVIPDined on 11/13/2013I stopped here on a break between shifts thinking I could get a nice drink and a snack before going back to work. I sat on the patio which was beautiful. Ordered the chicken nachos and a drink. The chicken was so bland. It had no taste at all. Normally I would of sent the dish back but my server never came back. I needed to ask another server for a refill on my drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2013Good service, the food was outstanding . We recommend the lobster burrito'. We will come back.!!1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service GOOD...Food NotJohnicusVIPDined on 10/25/2013This place is my go to place every week. But this time I was with a business guest and it was not even close to par. The meat had multiple bones, which my guest found out. And the food was missing what we requested. But the host and kitchen manager was very nice but it was an off day that night. Again, this is a place I go to a lot and most of the time it's really good...depending what you order though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.