1550 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tacocolorado.com/
- Phone: 3036230330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Monday, Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: We have a DJ on Tuesdays and Thursdays
A word from T|ACO Denver
We are a gourmet street taco and teqilla bar. Our tacos are all authentic. We are 99% gluten free, with vegetarian options. We make our tortillas by hand daily. We are a scratch kitchen down to our fresh to order chips and salsas. We have a hand picked selection of over 100 tequilas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
T|ACO Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
- Online Reservation Does Not WorkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013We did an online reservation via OpenTable but when we got there we were told that unfortunately when we do that, it does not work on their side so we have to call them for reservations. The place is crowded and we barely had a place to sit.Special Features:
- Made my 30th Very special!FitFoodieDined on 7/20/2013We recently dined here for my 30th birthday. We had 18 ppl, and they were very accommodating. I love Tacos and tequila, so it was a great find for me. The management teem was extremely friendly, and brought us samples of tequila and explained how each was different. Service was great, especially considering we had such a large party. Food was fun. I was disappointed with the sopapillas, but other than that it was wonderful. Would definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience. Aubrey,luv2dineVIPDined on 7/2/2013Great dining experience. Aubrey, our server, was exceptional!! The margaritas were very, very good and all the tacos were excellent. Sal, the manager, who just started that day, was very personable and courteous. Love the Taco Tuesday Specials and that Tuesday is all day Happy Hour. Will definitely be going back again!!Special Features:
- Good food, awful serviceDaderickDined on 6/28/2013Took 45 minutes for our server to take our order. We had to remind our server 4 different times to deliver a drink and several round trips after the food arrived. Once we finally got our food it was tasty, and the margaritas were good. At one point while waiting for our server we saw her having shots at another table.
- Go for the foodthefunbeanDined on 6/14/2013These tacos were muy delicioso. I had the skirt steak, chicken mole, and cheese with chicken, and every single one was tasty. The skirt steak was my favorite. The house chips and salsa were also very good. The tacos here are a little pricey - I recommend going during happy hour, when all tacos (save for a select few) are on special for $2.50. Unfortunately, we had to remind our waitress a few times - both when ordering and after receiving the check - that it was happy hour. In addition, my boyfriend's plate of tacos went "missing" - apparently it came out from the kitchen but someone "grabbed it"? - so he had a fairly long wait for his food. Overall, I'd say the service was lacking a bit but I'd definitely go back for the amazing food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/14/2013We love having our office "celebratory" lunches at T'aco! Great food, great drinks and GREAT service! Thanks Aubrey for taking such good care of my "guys".Special Features:
- Second Time AroundTranceObsessionVIPDined on 6/13/2013This was mine and my girlfriend's second time at T/ACO in a little over a month. We absolutely love their cheese tacos. This time around I had a fried fish and two cheese with chicken tacos. The Queso is deliciously creamy and oh so very flavorful. I love how they bring freshly made chips with all of their chip based appetizer orders. Something different from this visit than from our previous visit was the inclusion of a bowl of black beans with a small bit of cheese sprinkled up top to go with the chips and tacos. It was good as well and the addition of diced jalapeno peppers added just the right amount of kick. Awesome wait staff, vibrant bar scene. Definitely recommend T/ACO!Special Features:
- So FreshML15VIPDined on 6/9/2013This was the best combo of chips, salsa, margaritas and tacos I have had in Denver area. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They canceled my reservationRayfDined on 5/25/2013Booked a reservation for a party of 14. They called me an hour before our arrival time and canceled me saying they had overbooked. The hostess that called was pretty dismissive and unapologetic. She noted that since I booked via open table they really don't check for those reservations. So beware opentable res bookers.... I won't try to go back. If they treat people that badly before they get in the door I can only imagine their service once in the door.
- Taco TuesdayDenverfoodieDined on 5/21/2013We happened to go to T/ACO and it was Taco Tuesday which means that it's happy hour ALL NIGHT and MOST tacos are only $2. The Ahi and fish tacos are all still full price but still a great deal. The house margs are STRONG and delicious! Great restaurant, I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great Food and Drinks!lgstar1Dined on 5/11/2013Great happy hour deals. Enjoyed some time at the bar and at a table with friends. All very comfortable. Great space, great food! Good service and good vegetarian options as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/7/2013The tacos were small but tasty! the restaurant has great decor and it is in a great spot for nightlife. Parking could be hard but it's worth it, especially for TACO TUESDAY!Special Features:
- Closed Kitchen EarlyEatFoodBHappyDined on 5/5/2013We made a reservation on Cinco de Mayo for 7:45. When we arrived the hostess imformed us the kitchen was closed and all we could order was chips and drinks. She also was totally wasted.... real professional. But really who closes their kitchen that early! Their tacos sounded really good so I'm sad I never got to try them. It will be a while before a make another attempt.
- Tuna was off and service wasMarkVIPDined on 4/23/2013Tuna was off and service was terrible. AVOID unless you just want to have a drink.
- They had a big birthday partyBlondie4588VIPDined on 4/13/2013They had a big birthday party the night we went but our server just ignored us. The food was great and the bus boy was more our server than the waitress. I wanted to just give the tip straight to him. Loved the food though and very strong Margs! Nice place, hopefully when we go back the service will be betterSpecial Features:
- Gourmet Street Tacos withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Gourmet Street Tacos with Flair. Located right in Lodo it is a Hole in the wall type of find, but the price is low and food is great! Red Snapper is to die for!Special Features:
- T|erribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013What an awful experience. The good: the corn chips weren't terrible. The bad: everything else. From the 80's disco played at deafening volume, to the server who brought the completely wrong appetizer then tried to argue us into taking it, to the overpriced and nearly undrinkable margarita (seriously, how hard is it to make a decent margarita in a tequila bar?), this is one of the worst restaurants in LoDo.
- Not ready for primetimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2013Poor experience, out of many menu items and unfriendly staff. Attempt to clear drinks many prior to being consumed without asking. Very disappointed.
- Loved the value. The foodEricMVIPDined on 3/30/2013Loved the value. The food was tasty, high end taco's, and VERY reasonably priced.Special Features:
- TACO accepted a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/27/2013TACO accepted a reservation on Open Table even though they were hosting a large organization gathering that filled the restaurant to capacity. We showed up for our reservation and the entire restaurant was booked out because of the gathering. Nobody was there to greet us and let us know we could not be seated, and I did not receive any notification beforehand. I've had the food before and it's pretty good, but this particular instance was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Good drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/27/2013I enjoyed the tequila. The salsa and chips were pretty good too. The chips were nice and hot. The server was friendly. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just our table and three folksdenverdebbyDined on 3/11/2013just our table and three folks at the bar. It was scarily quiet but we had great service and food is good. We hope it is busier at lunch. tables uncomfortably small and tight. very nice employees.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2013Good 5280 deal. Service was fair at best. None of the staff seemed to know what was going on.
- I had quite a variety thisTazzVIPDined on 2/19/2013I had quite a variety this time out: Carnitas, chicken mole, shrimp, & the new mushroom tacos. I also had the salad and a margarita. The tacos are ok but expensive for the size in my mind. The salad was very good. Margarita was not good at all. Either Sauza tequila is the worst or they just don't mix their cocktails very well. I guess for four bucks I tried, they failed, and well, I don't have to do that again.Special Features:
- We have been here before andJlkutteDined on 2/13/2013We have been here before and did not have a great experience, so our expectations were fairly low. However, the service was great and the food was much better than last time. We'll be back :)Special Features:
- Tacos were good, not greatHappyKamperDined on 2/2/2013Tacos were good, not great & barely warm. Ceviche was outstanding & worth returning for.Special Features:
- Go here!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2013We read a few iffy reviews and were not expecting too much - but we had a great experience. The hostess was super apologetic when she couldn't seat us right away, and checked back with us twice to let us know the status of our table. It was just a few minutes and we enjoyed a margarita at the bar. The two appetizers were the hit of the evening - shrimp ceviche and their salad. Both excellent with wonderful flavors and good portion size. The tacos were interesting and some better than others (cheese with added steak was the best), but all were good. True, it is odd that they feature a watermelon margarita and then are out of it early on a Friday night, but.. we tried the grapefruit mint one and it was delicious. We will definitely go back.
- Great new restaurant in LoDo.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/25/2013Great new restaurant in LoDo. Beautiful decor, great food, and a happening scene. I love this place and will be back!Special Features: