Tabule on Yonge
2009 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Z8Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Middle EasternPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tabule on Yonge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabule.ca/
- Phone: 4164833747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tabule on Yonge
Located in the heart of mid-town Toronto, Tabule restaurant is an emerging hotspot, where taste surpasses expectation! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tabule on Yonge reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (102)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (53)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (26)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (16)romantic (13)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wine4winesDined on 10/18/2014Overall an excellent Dinning experience, great food, friendly environment and great service. This was my second visit and definitely I will be coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty TabuleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and service. Truly a dining must for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014too noisy, food ok but way too salty. Not a relaxing experience
- Average neigbourhood tapasBiggsDined on 10/16/2014For those enjoying sharing tapas and various Middle Eastern dishes this is an okay restaurant, but quite noisy when crowded. Friendly service. The Queen Street twin restaurant has a lovely patio however and seems less congested.
- Love it!NaVelDined on 10/10/2014It has consistently been been great. It is our go to place for family gatherings and informal meals.Special Features:
- Delicious and localOrliVIPDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic spot in the neighbourhood -- we love the cauliflower appetizer and all the dips! YUM!!Special Features:
- Great food... Service was slow.LoveToEatDined on 10/5/2014Food was excellent. My beef skewer was cooked to a perfect medium. We had a sampler platter as an appetizer which was also delicious. Service was a bit slow at times. I was also turned off a little. I brought my 5 month old baby in his infant carrier which was sitting in a high chair that was provided by the restaurant. I was holding my baby at one point and the restaurant asked if i really needed the high chair as another table could use it. That was extremely rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jay12Dined on 10/4/2014The falafels were light but crisp and the lamb skewers were tender and perfectly cooked to order. Although the restaurant was busy, we never felt rushed or intimidated to ask questions. The desert was wonderful!! However, the rice, was a total disappointment. A good reason to visit are the shows - belly-dancing & how they pour your water. The prices were actually fairly reasonable. After tax, the total bill for our meals was just over $50 CAD.
- Excellent foodMikeFDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food, we'll prepared, we'll served. I wish they would cut the belly dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is great, but...whocaresreallyDined on 10/2/2014I have eaten at Tabule more than I can count and each time I am disappointed by the lack of accommodation and common sense. In traditional Lebanese cuisine, serving hummus, garlic or tahini sauce when ordering meat or chicken is a no-brainer! The owners are cheap. My colleagues and I gave up on this place because really how can someone eat shish tawuk without any sauce? Why would you not bring a table spoon of hummus with our meat dishes? Is that 50 cents too much for you to absorb when on average a main course is $18? I ask for garlic and tahini every single time, my meat gets cold while I wait... Sigh. Don't think about getting a lick of hummus, it is not "allowed". They want you to pay $7 for a whole plate as an appetizer... Fail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tabuleEdTdoyDined on 9/28/2014the food was great, the atmosphere was good, couldn't ask for much moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favFood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014consistent food and service. One of my favourite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingjcarleyDined on 9/27/2014Simply fantastic Middle Eastern dining. The Belly Dancing show was also a surprise bonus. Servers were also attentive and very professional. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceLunchgirlDined on 9/26/2014Tried this restaurant for lunch with 2 friends. Lebanese food. Healthy food, excellent taste, efficient service, reasonnable prices. Will go back with pleasure! There was no more baclava for dessert but the dessert recommended by the waitress was delicious.... Cant't remember the name unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WwwwVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great restaurant. We have enjoyed the food and atmosphere for years.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBritni26Dined on 9/13/2014Tabule was a great choice for our anniversary dinner. It was quant and not too noisy. The food was overall good. Only one dish was lacking (the kubbe). Our server was most enjoyable. He helped us celebrate with a complimentary dessert to share.Special Features:
- Best mid eastern food in the city!RdibDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is my new favourite go to place! The service is great and everyone is very friendly. The food was definitely the best middle eastern food I've ever had. Their lamb and beef kefta in the garlic tomato sauce was so good. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent not excitingBryanGregoryDined on 9/6/2014It's good. An old neighbourhood standby, and consistent. The food is authentic and the wait staff is okay. The noise level especially during the belly dancer's routines made it nearly impossible to hear anyone at your own table in an already cramped restaurant.
- Consistently amazing!JuicetineDined on 9/6/2014I've had the food at Tabule a few times. Sometimes for dine in, sometimes delivery and each and every time the food is delicious. The babaghanouj is really creamy, the felafels are crispy on the outside, soft inside, and the kefta is really juicy. Definitely recommend this place. It gets packed so make a reservation or eat early. They also have a belly dancer which really adds to the ambiance but I should note it's a tight space!Special Features:
- Awesome!Brianad6Dined on 8/30/2014We got the falafel, which was the best I've ever had (soft- not dry or overcooked) and the grilled veggies were out of this world. Also got the tablue of course, which was great. We would go again!Special Features:
- ynotdineoutDined on 8/30/2014Always good food. Moderately priced. Service mediocreSpecial Features:
- delicious food, nice selectionBinkerDined on 8/30/2014Gluten free pita and other dishes available for me, makes it very good. the only problem was that our waiter served us the wrong rice with our meal instead of the gluten free selection. we didn't realize until it was too late. otherwise food and service very good!Special Features:
- 5oclockyetDined on 8/29/2014great food and very reasonably priced. We enjoyed a good bottle of wine that was not too expensive Love Tabule!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fran1Dined on 8/29/2014My overall favourite restaurant and I love taking out of town guests who are sometimes tasting mediterranean food for the first time.Special Features:
- Not what it once wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014Regrettably, food not of the standard it once was. Tomatoes had absolutely no flavour and they are currently in season. No excuse for this. Some of the meat was on the tough side. Nicely served, attentive service. Noise level makes conversation exceedingly difficult.
- Our go-to placeMeagromeDined on 8/20/2014I have been to Tabule many times and am never disappointed. Staff is friendly, food is amazing! I have a dairy allergy and they are always able to help me out food option wise. Cool decor and always busy! When we don't know where to take guests to eat or are looking for a healthy good hot meal...we go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dishes and great serviceFoodloverDined on 8/20/2014The mezze dishes are delicious, varied and well presented. As a group of four we managed to order several mezze dishes added a few skewers and made a meal out of this. Great combination and very varied. The service was attentive, fast, with lots of smiles. Our waitress Reina (sp?) was very helpful, attentive and made us feel welcome with her big smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Been to Tabule on Yonge multiple times everything is just amazing, never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentFoodieDined on 8/9/2014One of our favourite restaurants in Toronto! never had a bad meal, always fantastic in every way.Special Features:
- MitchDined on 8/8/2014Tabule has been one of our favourite restaurants for a long time. Always great to return to. They do a great job and we have never been disappointed in the least. It's our go-to place with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner on the patiofastDined on 8/7/2014I had an excellent dinner (both food and ambiance) on the street side patio of Tabule the other day. The staff was very courteous and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great middle eastern restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This has got to be the best Middle Easter Retaurant in Toronto. The food is fabulous, the service is impeccable and the ambiance is magical. My friends and I simply love this place for dinner or for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lebanese flavoursDVDinerDined on 7/31/2014Labaneh and falafels were particularly tasty, and the Beirut Sangria cocktail was a nice way to start. Reasonably priced. Would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TabuleTyphoonDined on 7/27/2014Great middle Eastern food! We had an event catered and it was excellent. The food was delivered on time and the whole party was a great success . We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly serviceanerDined on 7/27/2014The food here is reliable and delicious ( baked tomatoes and sea bass are special favourites). The service is efficient and friendly. The restaurant is a lively and noisy neighbourhood place. Lots of families and activity in the early dinner hours. Good value. Enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistantly good food and servicePeterVIPDined on 7/26/2014Always good. We know we can always depend on Tabule to deliver tastey food, with friendly effecient service at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lousy serviceluv2dineDined on 7/26/2014I've been to this restaurant many times, and always enjoyed it. My friend was coming for the first time. We were offered a seat inside or on the patio; we chose outside because it was a lovely evening. Our waiter was pleasant but ignored us for much of the meal. My friend needed time with the menu, he came back once, and then disappeared. We had to ask the staff to find him. That was a theme throughout the meal. I had to go inside to ask for salt and pepper; it came as I finishing my last bite. There was a belly dancer dancing in the restaurant. She never came out to the patio. The maitre d' never told us that there would be dancing. He should have advised us to eat inside so that we could enjoy the entertainment. We felt cheated.
- ambiambiDined on 7/22/2014<3 Always order the lentil soup! You will never be sad ever again, it is so smooth and delicious... We are not real foodies, but my boyfriend and I enjoyed the salad very much even though we don't like salad usually. And the water jugs are fascinating. *w* Definitely adds to the experience. The only problem we had was that we had to move outside because something in the air inside the restaurant made all our eyes sting (maybe some kind of spice?), but once we were outside we were okay again and able to enjoy the food. Don't let that ruin your experience though, just try to go at a time when you can snag an outdoor seat if that happens! It is worth it.Special Features:
- at last TabuleHeatherDined on 7/20/2014I was happy to find Tabule as I missed Lebanese food. The food was great. We ordered Kufta banaduri and beef kabab. I took one star down because the fatush salad was good but not great. It only had 3 ingredients instead of 10. The dressing was good, but the bread was not fried - I guess more healthy! I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- fl04Dined on 7/17/2014food is always amazing there, not my 1st time , was really busy and noisy for summerlicious.