Tabule on Yonge
2009 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4S 1Z8Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Middle EasternPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tabule on Yonge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabule.ca/
- Phone: 4164833747
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tabule on Yonge
Located in the heart of mid-town Toronto, Tabule restaurant is an emerging hotspot, where taste surpasses expectation! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tabule on Yonge reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (53)great for lunch (40)great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (26)hot spot (16)romantic (15)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We got the falafel, which was the best I've ever had (soft- not dry or overcooked) and the grilled veggies were out of this world. Also got the tablue of course, which was great. We would go again!Special Features:
- delicious food, nice selectionBinkerDined on 8/30/2014Gluten free pita and other dishes available for me, makes it very good. the only problem was that our waiter served us the wrong rice with our meal instead of the gluten free selection. we didn't realize until it was too late. otherwise food and service very good!Special Features:
- Fran1Dined on 8/29/2014My overall favourite restaurant and I love taking out of town guests who are sometimes tasting mediterranean food for the first time.Special Features:
- Not what it once wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014Regrettably, food not of the standard it once was. Tomatoes had absolutely no flavour and they are currently in season. No excuse for this. Some of the meat was on the tough side. Nicely served, attentive service. Noise level makes conversation exceedingly difficult.
- Our go-to placeMeagromeDined on 8/20/2014I have been to Tabule many times and am never disappointed. Staff is friendly, food is amazing! I have a dairy allergy and they are always able to help me out food option wise. Cool decor and always busy! When we don't know where to take guests to eat or are looking for a healthy good hot meal...we go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dishes and great serviceFoodloverDined on 8/20/2014The mezze dishes are delicious, varied and well presented. As a group of four we managed to order several mezze dishes added a few skewers and made a meal out of this. Great combination and very varied. The service was attentive, fast, with lots of smiles. Our waitress Reina (sp?) was very helpful, attentive and made us feel welcome with her big smiles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Been to Tabule on Yonge multiple times everything is just amazing, never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentFoodieDined on 8/9/2014One of our favourite restaurants in Toronto! never had a bad meal, always fantastic in every way.Special Features:
- MitchDined on 8/8/2014Tabule has been one of our favourite restaurants for a long time. Always great to return to. They do a great job and we have never been disappointed in the least. It's our go-to place with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner on the patiofastDined on 8/7/2014I had an excellent dinner (both food and ambiance) on the street side patio of Tabule the other day. The staff was very courteous and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great middle eastern restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This has got to be the best Middle Easter Retaurant in Toronto. The food is fabulous, the service is impeccable and the ambiance is magical. My friends and I simply love this place for dinner or for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lebanese flavoursDVDinerDined on 7/31/2014Labaneh and falafels were particularly tasty, and the Beirut Sangria cocktail was a nice way to start. Reasonably priced. Would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly serviceanerDined on 7/27/2014The food here is reliable and delicious ( baked tomatoes and sea bass are special favourites). The service is efficient and friendly. The restaurant is a lively and noisy neighbourhood place. Lots of families and activity in the early dinner hours. Good value. Enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistantly good food and servicePeterVIPDined on 7/26/2014Always good. We know we can always depend on Tabule to deliver tastey food, with friendly effecient service at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lousy serviceluv2dineDined on 7/26/2014I've been to this restaurant many times, and always enjoyed it. My friend was coming for the first time. We were offered a seat inside or on the patio; we chose outside because it was a lovely evening. Our waiter was pleasant but ignored us for much of the meal. My friend needed time with the menu, he came back once, and then disappeared. We had to ask the staff to find him. That was a theme throughout the meal. I had to go inside to ask for salt and pepper; it came as I finishing my last bite. There was a belly dancer dancing in the restaurant. She never came out to the patio. The maitre d' never told us that there would be dancing. He should have advised us to eat inside so that we could enjoy the entertainment. We felt cheated.
- ambiambiDined on 7/22/2014<3 Always order the lentil soup! You will never be sad ever again, it is so smooth and delicious... We are not real foodies, but my boyfriend and I enjoyed the salad very much even though we don't like salad usually. And the water jugs are fascinating. *w* Definitely adds to the experience. The only problem we had was that we had to move outside because something in the air inside the restaurant made all our eyes sting (maybe some kind of spice?), but once we were outside we were okay again and able to enjoy the food. Don't let that ruin your experience though, just try to go at a time when you can snag an outdoor seat if that happens! It is worth it.Special Features:
- at last TabuleHeatherDined on 7/20/2014I was happy to find Tabule as I missed Lebanese food. The food was great. We ordered Kufta banaduri and beef kabab. I took one star down because the fatush salad was good but not great. It only had 3 ingredients instead of 10. The dressing was good, but the bread was not fried - I guess more healthy! I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- fl04Dined on 7/17/2014food is always amazing there, not my 1st time , was really busy and noisy for summerlicious.
- Exceeded my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Suggested Tabule to co-workers for Summerlicious, not knowing anything about the restaurant except it served Mediterranean food & where it was located. Loved it! From the price, to the food, to the serving sizes, to the water pitcher and how it was poured, to the Turkish coffee...so relieved my co-workers loved it, too! I will definitely go back, but w/my husband this time.Special Features:
- SvenJobbyDined on 7/16/2014Was here for Summerlicious. Excellent food and service. The Kefta Banadura was amazing. Good mojitos too!Special Features:
- Amazing Fatoush SaladVdubDined on 7/14/2014Fresh veggies, delicious dressing, my favorite item on the menu. Chicken breast was on the dry side, but still good.Special Features:
- bellamuffinDined on 7/13/2014Went during Summerlicious; very good menu; didn't skimp on quantity. High quality food very tasty, had a great martini with orange blossom fantastic. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Good ambiance and dance!ProductionteamsDined on 7/12/2014Great belly dance performance and even more amazing water pouring technique. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence again!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Tabule on Yonge is one of our favourite and the best falafel in Toronto! We usually come with friends and we were never disappointed. Summerlicious or regular menu: always great food and good service. Hope they will continue this way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will always be backFoodieontherunDined on 7/8/2014The summerlicious menu is not cheated. So many options and big portions! Must try knaffa Ashta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fran1Dined on 7/7/2014The food is wonderful and the wait staff friendly and attentive. I would and do highly recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Great foodfoodie4everDined on 7/7/2014Tabule has great food, in good portions and in perfect location, easily accessible by TTC. They wear their name well: absolute best table I've ever had (and I've had a lot). Thanks for a great lunch date :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service but decent foodTorontoFoodieDined on 7/6/2014We went here for Summerlicious. Our reservation was for 12 noon. We arrived before 12 and were asked to leave and come back when the restaurant was open, since they were cleaning, which I thought was not very friendly of their staff. The food was good, portion sizes were quite large but the staff were not on top of special requests. I had booked this through open table and have informed them about my allergies, but I had to explain it again upon arrival. Also, we did not get the 100 point on open table after dining here, because the server did not bother to check that we made a reservation online. Overall, the service was poor.Special Features:
- Great first experience!FoodieDined on 7/5/2014Went to Tabule for the first time with 2 friends. We each ordered different items from the Summerlicious menu. From the falafels, to the dips, to the kebobs and dessert...nothing went wrong. The falafels were probably one of the best I've ever had. They were super crispy and had great flavour to them. The chicken kebobs were moist and the grilled veggies and rice were well seasoned. Our waitors were attentive and efficient. We went on a Saturday and there were belly dancers and other entertainers for a brief period of time. Overall, I don't have anything really bad to say about Tabule and I will definitely be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Reminder of Home... Good and BadLebaneseCanadianDined on 7/4/2014As a lebanese woman in Canada, I rarely find truly GOOD Lebanese food, and Tabule restaurant serves just that. Good food. The experience was better than the food itself, in my opinion. I liked being surrounded by classier arabs and the items on the menu definitely brought back some feelings from across the ocean. The food itself was ok, nothing really WOW, but decent. For the price, I wouldn't eat there on a regular basis, but for those days when you feel like kind of reliving your childhood, it's a decent place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2014Food is always consistently good and the service wonderful!!Special Features:
- good food but service was not goodtoysmanDined on 6/28/2014the food was fine, although portions were small. The service was not the best and the waiter did not seem to want to be there at all.
- I felt left outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The place is all about atmosphere, so it was disappointing to be the one facing a wall in the corner. I could hear a room full of patrons behind me having a great time, but I had to turn uncomfortably to see and experience what was going on. It's a great place, but I think they could reorganize some of the tables a bit to make it more engaging for everyone.Special Features:
- Always goodBeahrDined on 6/16/2014Will forever return to Taboule - it's outstanding and not expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atrocious ServiceAussiePRchicDined on 6/14/2014Showed up for reservation and got a table on the patio which was empty despite it being a lovely night. We ordered drinks and appetizers advising waiter we would order mains after we had more time to look at the menu. After delivering our drinks and the appetizers, the waiter failed to show up to get our follow-up order. After waiting for 45 minutes with nothing to left to drink, I went inside and tracked him down and he said "sorry I didn't think you wanted to order entrees". Really? Absolutely appalling service and while not true to form, especially when owner is present, after being a frequent patron of this restaurant since it opened, I will definitely reconsider visiting Tabule again. Hugely disappointed.
- Great food, fun atmosphereMadgeDined on 6/13/2014Tabule continues to be a great place to go with friends for dinner. The food is very good with lots of choices to share. We always start with the sharing platter. The service is very friendly and for a busy spot, we never feel rushed. We keep going back because it is very dependableSpecial Features:
- LisakoDined on 6/7/2014The food at Tabule is always great. Their chicken is so completely delicious. We sat on the patio this time though and were a bit neglected by the servers. They took really long to take our order, forgot our beers and long with the cheque.Special Features:
- Seated right at kitchen!Stickler72Dined on 6/3/2014Not sure why Open Table booking would seat us at the kitchen door, knowing this review would follow. Not served for 10 minutes. Food was good and moved tables during the course of the meal. Will never return nor recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing food!SeatsDined on 6/1/2014Never had a bad experience with the food here. I find the drinks to be a tad expensive but the food is incredible so it's totally worth it. Best falafel I've ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Falafel I've ever had!GeekedOutFoodieDined on 5/28/2014I stumbled upon this restaurant during Gluten Freedom Week (the prix fixe menu). My SO ordered the combination plate, kefta banadura, and pistachio gelato, and I ordered the falafel salad, salmon kebab, and orange blossom gelato and we received a basket of gluten-free laffa flat bread. All of it was so tasty, and by far, best falafel I ever had! I could live my days being fat and happy with the flat bread, hummus, falafel alone. The service was fine, not incredibly memorable or outstanding. The restaurant atmosphere is nice and quaint, very clean. I definitely have plans to return in the future, multiple times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.