Tabule on Queen
810 Queen St East
Toronto, ON M4M 1H7Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tabule on Queen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabule.ca/
- Phone: 4164652500
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tabule on Queen
second location for Tabule now on Riverside! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Tabule on Queen - Best Restaurants in Leslieville ›
Tabule on Queen reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (41)great for outdoor dining (26)great for lunch (25)hot spot (25)special occasion (21)romantic (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Lovely Resto, Poor ServicefoodieDined on 9/26/2014Our monthly Foodie group wanted to try this neighbourhood resto as we had heard good things about the food. We understand now why we never heard good things about the service! The restaurant itself is lovely and the ambiance is nice. The outdoor patio is lovely. We all found the service to be cold and uninformed of the menu. In general, we all voted that it was worth a try but not worth returning or recommending to others. Perhaps in the future when the staff are better trained and more welcoming we might be able to recommend it. We definitely hope this will happen as we need recommendable restos in the east end.Special Features:
- Lovely surpriseBeachesMoDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I visited Tabule for the first time this week. We had anticipated a small, very casual spot. We were not expecting the lovely ambiance and excellent cuisine. I had a delicious middle eastern version of a mojito. The cauliflower appetizer was very tasty. Our mains were great. My chicken was perfectly cooked and the garlic sauce was perfect. My husbands Kefta Banadura was excellent. The server was very polite and helpful. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mac06Dined on 9/23/2014A great introduction to Middle Eastern cuisine for those wanting to try something new. Food was delicious and lots of options and ways to share items. A lot of interesting and great tasting drinks, but a little on the expensive side, upwards from 11+. I wouldn't recommend it for a relaxing dinner as it's busy, loud and tables are very close to one another due to the small space. The décor creates a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerdavid55Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrated my son's 21 Birthday at Tabule and it was great. The food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was fast-paced but not frantic. They gave us a good table for the occasion and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as they sayDot50Dined on 9/17/2014We recently moved into the area and were told taboule was their favorite restaurant and it lived up to the expectation. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LuvgoodfoodDined on 9/16/2014The food was fresh, flavourful and just what we expected. The place filled up by the time we left for our event at 7:15 p.m. and was getting noisy. No corkage fee on Monday and Tuesday...could've brought our own wine! It appeared to be a neighbourhood fave spot and I noticed people coming in to pick up takeout...a good sign! I wish we had one of these restos in Mississauga!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execellent foodBiggsDined on 9/10/2014My second visit was certainly not disappointing and I will plan another visit soon. Friendly staff and the food is delicious. The only draw back were two clients sitting behind and their voices were so loud. The tables are spaced too close together.Special Features:
- Rude servervickroseDined on 9/9/2014I was dining with colleagues this past week at TAbule. We brought our own wine which is a great option. Our white wine was sitting on the table a and when I asked our waitress for a wine chiller she replied with something like: "I'm getting one for you. I do this for a living and I know how to take care of a table...I've been a waitress for a long time". Well, we were all a little taken aback. She tried to recover and was polite for the rest of the lunch but we poured our own wine because she was not around. Likely won't go back. A simple "yes it's on it's way would have been appropriate".
- ConsultantConsultantDined on 9/8/2014jI would never reccomend it ever to anyone as the noise was such that my friend and I could not carry on a conversation across our small table. The food was at best mediocre. I had been to this restuarant last October when I thought I would consider returning, but never again. I have been to the one on Yonge Street which I liked.
- Tabule for a bdayeatmeDined on 9/8/2014I went for a birthday dinner with 2 other people and it was really great. The food was super yummy, well seasoned, and they had some neat options on the wine list. We sat on the back patio which was cute and well decorated, but somewhat crammed. Our server was very attentive and welcoming. Would go back again for sure.Special Features:
- FEAST FOR EYES AND STOMACHfreshfoodjunkieDined on 9/8/2014This place hits all the marks. You walk into a beautifully designed and decorated space. Its collected and clean and designed so well without being precious at all. The lighting and music set a perfect mood thats upbeat and inviting. The team that works there are kind and welcoming, giving fast and friendly service. Then…if this wasn't enough..the food arrives. There is not a thing on the menu i haven't fallen in love with. Its fresh and full of dynamic flavours that keep us coming back. The prices are very reasonable making it a place you can go to for diner a few times a week or with a large group. The patio makes you feel like you have been transported out of Toronto to some far away land. We are lucky to have them here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!FawntasticDined on 9/5/2014This was my second time at Tabule and it was just as delicious as the first. I felt their Mujadara could be more about the lentils and less about the rice and be a little stronger in flavour, but it was still good. Our server was a little off - she couldn't make any recommendations. When she asked when we would like the Mujadara (we had ordered a few appetizers to share plus a main to share) we said whenever she would recommend, and she said "well it's really up to you". We also found the food came out far too quickly - we didn't even have our wine yet when the appetizers arrived and the second we finished them (in fact, we weren't quite finished) the mains came out. A little time between would have been preferred.Special Features:
- a great mixJillDined on 8/31/2014For one this restaurant is a great addition to the east end- Genuine Mediterranean food is not easy to find. We went early because we were bringing kids, and the restaurant does a great job at straddling the upscale as well as family friendly divide. They cater to children but don't loose the elegant vibe. I imagine once the family dinner hour is over this restaurant would make a fabulous date spot, for an intimate dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and belly dancer at 8:30BeachfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Had some friends in from the burbs and we wanted a unique city experience (not the usual Irish pub). Tabule has great food and on Saturday night at 8:30 has a belly dancer in for a brief bit of entertainment. A great restaurant of Middle Eastern cuisine, the food and atmosphere were superb. One of our party requires gluten free food and this restaurant manages this very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little gem!AngelaDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and the service was prompt and polite! James was a wonderful host!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterWineloverDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter was very friendly and personable. Made the dinner experience fun.Special Features:
- lovely patio diningPCHADined on 8/23/2014Great food....great ambiance....lovely patio....terrific serviceSpecial Features:
- SitHereDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were great. Not sure why we were seated next to the only other occupied table in the restaurant. Oh, and that table had two small children with their parents?Special Features:
- Favourite Toronto restaurantluv2dineDined on 8/12/2014Food is always so fresh and delicious....always consistently great service. We love everything that we have ever ordered....can't say enough good things about this restaurant....their new addition on Queen Street is so much fun...very lively, and full of energy. The food at either restaurant is consistenly perfect....and they are always busy...good to have a reservation. Love, love, love this restaurant! we love the upbeat, young decor amd windows that open up to the trendy Leslieville Queen St. area. We find the main courses that include meat, rice, grilled veggies is quite filling after having hummus, taboule salad and so share a main course (especially love the kefta banadura and cauliflower salad...Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lots of energyHudsonValleyMayDined on 8/12/2014The best falafel I've had in North America, the fried cauliflower was also to die for. The main courses did not quite live up to the appetizers' promise, but still were quite good. Our server was harried but cheerful, the place was packed. All in all, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Delicious food and friendly serviceBiggieandHonDined on 8/10/2014We have been coming to Tabule since it first opened on queen street a couple of years ago. The food is delicious, original and impeccable. The cocktails are completely original using ingredients like fresh mint and jalub - betcha can't drink just one! Try the Habibi. We have never had dessert as we always fill up on mains and shared appetizers. Love this place!Special Features:
- Fresh fresh fresh!ChefwannabeDined on 8/5/2014I've been to this location three times and it doesn't disappoint. Fresh dips, great salads, delicious apps. The skewers are cooked well and the rice is flavorful. And Monday and Tuesdays are BYOW and no corkage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time!TorontoGalDined on 8/1/2014Dined with a friend on Friday night, and was thoroughly impressed with the food and service. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurant great serviceBirdDined on 7/31/2014It is the second time in a week that I have eaten at Tabule on Queen Street The food is fantastic, and the staff is friendly, informative, and fast. Our only small complaint is the noise level is quite high since lots of babies were present, and the train speeds right by the restaurant! I would still go back tomorrow if I had a chance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!LbckVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great food, great atmosphere, and great patio! I will be coming back to Tabule every chance I get. Very kid friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseBiggsDined on 7/24/2014First time at this restaurant and the food was really good and our waiter was very friendly and helpful. Will hope to return soon.Special Features:
- My Favourite Leslieville LocalhappymrsmDined on 7/21/2014Whether it's a quick, delicious lunch, a celebratory dinner or a spontaneous drink at the bar during a thunder storm, Taboule On Queen feels like a well-established neighbourhood secret. The staff are always professional and personable. The food is exceptional. Our current fave is the flash-fried cauliflower with tahini. The service is impeccable. As a gluten and dairy-free diner, it's one of my favourite restaurants in Toronto. We recently experienced the patio for the first time. Spacious and beautifully designed, it's a wonderful addition to the Taboule experience. Oh, and they serve the creamiest, most delicious hummus I've ever tasted. The fact that there's gluten-free pita to go with it? The best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularMitchellPDined on 7/19/2014Good, drinks, atmosphere. Win. Try the cauliflower (and everything else).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like I was on holiday again!TorontoAnnDined on 7/11/2014Brought back memories of holidays in Turkey - yummy kefta, simple sharing platters, casual ambiance. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always want to come back for moreAlwayslookin4gudspotsDined on 7/7/2014Second visit in a week. Loved it so much last week needed to come back and show it off to other friends. Food is so good - from appetizers through to mains. Always easy to share too. And the Monday corkcage free - bring your own wine just tops it all off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!haggisDined on 7/6/2014Great food and plenty of it! The restaurant itself is really nicely decorated and has a lovely atmosphere. We shared the mezze platter to start and we were almost full afterwards, the entrees were also a good size and very tasty. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding impressionneedwater2Dined on 6/30/2014TOO MUCH SALT IN THE FOOD TOO MUCH SALT IN THE FOOD TOO MUCH SALT IN THE FOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tabule - Great authentic foodFoodie67Dined on 6/29/2014I went with my family (3 adults, 2 kids under 10). The food was delicious and very authentic. I would recommend Tabule to anyone who enjoys Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- Great food, Slow ServiceLonaDined on 6/28/2014The patio is wonderful if you are seated at tables with chairs with backs. Our group was seated at a picnic style table with benches which were not very comfortable at all. Beverage menu 4 different mojitos and several martinis. Appetizer sampler. Hummus was delicious, the tabule was the best I've ever had, the appetizer pickles are amazing. The garlic shrimp was very flavourful. Lamb chops are better than the kabobs. Service was slow as there was a large table of hipsters ordering at the same time as our group. When we left the restaurant, it was really hopping inside and looked like a lot of fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! Great ambiance!Kokoniko1234Dined on 6/21/2014Service was superb even tho it was a busy night! Pita was brought continuously to our table without having to ask. Water was filled whenever glasses were empty. Food was delicious! Meat was cooked to perfection and super moist! Portion was generous! I ordered the eggplant entree and it was delicious! Loved the brown rice and lentils! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceleslievillefoodieDined on 6/21/2014Brought my family here for dinner and the food was fresh and tasty. Service was excellent. They have a patio out back which is first-come, first-served and was very busy, but we were able to get the table right at the front with a big window that opens on to the street. Everyone enjoyed! Only downside was the sorbet which my brother had and said was a little flavourless.Special Features:
- keep going backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014I have been here 3 times now and enjoyed it each and every time. I love the vibe (read: noise) because it feels like everyone is having fun! I love the dips and the beautiful drinks. I keep having the shrimp (the grilled is slightly better than the garlic). will have to branch out and try something else next time. But there will be a next time.Special Features:
- Awesome foodShawnyb36Dined on 6/19/2014Excellent layers of flavour. You have to try the cauliflowerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MmmmmmmorePleaseDined on 6/8/2014They take great care in the quality of their food. Just superb tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service needs work...adrianmoleDined on 6/7/2014It's our third visit and the food has been consistent. But the last two times the service has been uneven with late service or non-service from the bar and mains delivered at widely different times. These last two visits have been at times when the restaurant wasn't full - i.e., it wasn't mid-evening Saturday or Sunday night. I hope they get the growing pains worked out, if that's what it is. The restaurant is great fun otherwise.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Tabule on Queen reviews archive.