Tabule on Queen
810 Queen St East
Toronto, ON M4M 1H7Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: CAN$30 and under
Tabule on Queen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabule.ca/
- Phone: 4164652500
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tabule on Queen
second location for Tabule now on Riverside! Tantalizing aromas of the middle east, rich in its variety and an exotic blend of flavors that will delight your senses. Our attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides an exceptional service, which contributes to truly unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tabule on Queen reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (43)hot spot (26)special occasion (24)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (21)romantic (16)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Had a great timeArrakisDined on 10/19/2014Service was excellent, food was very good. I do recommend this place without hesitation.Special Features:
- Great food, not-so-great serviceeatingoutgr8Dined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere was vibrant, the noise level loud (but we didn't mind too much), and the food as usual, excellent. We have been to this restaurant a few times but this last outing was disappointing. Our waiter left much to be desired: He seemed exasperated when we weren't ready to order, had to be reminded about topping up our hot water for tea, didn't refill our water glasses (we actually had to get up and request water at the bar), didn't show any enthusiasm, and didn't inform the kitchen to space out our food. We ordered quite a few apps which all came at once. Our table couldn't hold everything so we felt rushed and ate the food too fast, which put a damper on our enjoyment of it.Special Features:
- Food good...service not so goodfoodie76Dined on 10/17/2014Our dinner was good but once we finished eating we were essentially rushed out the door and the wait staff was extremely rude about getting us out of the restuarant, they rushed us to pay up even though we were finished our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!EdgygirlDined on 10/16/2014You can't get better Mediterranean food ! Love all the appetizers from the Hummus fried eggplant , fattoush salad and the most amazing falafel balls! I love the mains as well with moist chicken kabobs and the Kefta ( lamb and beef meatballs)! I love the lentil and rice side mujaddara as well!the best is I am gluten and dairy free and this restaurant has gluten free pita!Special Features:
- consistantly goodPeterVIPDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant always serves consistantly delicious food. The team of servers have been there for some time and this makes for a very smooth operation. Although the space is small you do not feel crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time's a charm!ChristineNDined on 10/11/2014I keep coming back to Tabule on Queen because the food is incredibly delicious and affordable. The ambiance is hip, but still warm and inviting. The service is attentive, but not intrusive. I would suggest this place to any of my friends! This was my third visit and I would go back tomorrow if I could justify eating out that often! Amazing neighborhood highlight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - average serviceLocalSocializerDined on 10/8/2014Had a delicious lunch and endured the pretentious and disinterested servers... Would go back for the food - it was good enough to make up for the staff...
- ddbreviewDined on 10/3/2014Only complaint is that the tables are too close togetherI would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticWillToEatDined on 10/3/2014I went to Tabule with a Lebanese friend who said the food was authentic and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIddle Eastern MagicCoolHotspotDined on 10/1/2014The food at Tabule is sublime. It's infused with a perfect blend of spices and always makes me want more. It's warm, friendly and completely unpretentious atmosphere along with great food makes it my neighborhood go to. I want their chef in my kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall Patio DinnernankramDined on 9/27/2014We've tried to have dinner at Tabule on Queen several times by just showing up and have not gotten a table, so we finally got it together to make reservations. Saturday was a last-gasp fall beauty so - bonus - we were able to sit outside on the patio. The patio is a little too jam-packed for my liking - this is definitely not the place to go for a private conversation, but it is beautifully decorated. The service was great and the food was fantastic. We're vegetarians and had lots of options. The fried eggplant was about the best I've ever tasted. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Lovely Resto, Poor ServicefoodieDined on 9/26/2014Our monthly Foodie group wanted to try this neighbourhood resto as we had heard good things about the food. We understand now why we never heard good things about the service! The restaurant itself is lovely and the ambiance is nice. The outdoor patio is lovely. We all found the service to be cold and uninformed of the menu. In general, we all voted that it was worth a try but not worth returning or recommending to others. Perhaps in the future when the staff are better trained and more welcoming we might be able to recommend it. We definitely hope this will happen as we need recommendable restos in the east end.Special Features:
- Lovely surpriseBeachesMoDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I visited Tabule for the first time this week. We had anticipated a small, very casual spot. We were not expecting the lovely ambiance and excellent cuisine. I had a delicious middle eastern version of a mojito. The cauliflower appetizer was very tasty. Our mains were great. My chicken was perfectly cooked and the garlic sauce was perfect. My husbands Kefta Banadura was excellent. The server was very polite and helpful. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mac06Dined on 9/23/2014A great introduction to Middle Eastern cuisine for those wanting to try something new. Food was delicious and lots of options and ways to share items. A lot of interesting and great tasting drinks, but a little on the expensive side, upwards from 11+. I wouldn't recommend it for a relaxing dinner as it's busy, loud and tables are very close to one another due to the small space. The décor creates a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerdavid55Dined on 9/19/2014Celebrated my son's 21 Birthday at Tabule and it was great. The food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was fast-paced but not frantic. They gave us a good table for the occasion and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as they sayDot50Dined on 9/17/2014We recently moved into the area and were told taboule was their favorite restaurant and it lived up to the expectation. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LuvgoodfoodDined on 9/16/2014The food was fresh, flavourful and just what we expected. The place filled up by the time we left for our event at 7:15 p.m. and was getting noisy. No corkage fee on Monday and Tuesday...could've brought our own wine! It appeared to be a neighbourhood fave spot and I noticed people coming in to pick up takeout...a good sign! I wish we had one of these restos in Mississauga!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execellent foodBiggsDined on 9/10/2014My second visit was certainly not disappointing and I will plan another visit soon. Friendly staff and the food is delicious. The only draw back were two clients sitting behind and their voices were so loud. The tables are spaced too close together.Special Features:
- Rude servervickroseDined on 9/9/2014I was dining with colleagues this past week at TAbule. We brought our own wine which is a great option. Our white wine was sitting on the table a and when I asked our waitress for a wine chiller she replied with something like: "I'm getting one for you. I do this for a living and I know how to take care of a table...I've been a waitress for a long time". Well, we were all a little taken aback. She tried to recover and was polite for the rest of the lunch but we poured our own wine because she was not around. Likely won't go back. A simple "yes it's on it's way would have been appropriate".
- ConsultantConsultantDined on 9/8/2014jI would never reccomend it ever to anyone as the noise was such that my friend and I could not carry on a conversation across our small table. The food was at best mediocre. I had been to this restuarant last October when I thought I would consider returning, but never again. I have been to the one on Yonge Street which I liked.
- Tabule for a bdayeatmeDined on 9/8/2014I went for a birthday dinner with 2 other people and it was really great. The food was super yummy, well seasoned, and they had some neat options on the wine list. We sat on the back patio which was cute and well decorated, but somewhat crammed. Our server was very attentive and welcoming. Would go back again for sure.Special Features:
- FEAST FOR EYES AND STOMACHfreshfoodjunkieDined on 9/8/2014This place hits all the marks. You walk into a beautifully designed and decorated space. Its collected and clean and designed so well without being precious at all. The lighting and music set a perfect mood thats upbeat and inviting. The team that works there are kind and welcoming, giving fast and friendly service. Then…if this wasn't enough..the food arrives. There is not a thing on the menu i haven't fallen in love with. Its fresh and full of dynamic flavours that keep us coming back. The prices are very reasonable making it a place you can go to for diner a few times a week or with a large group. The patio makes you feel like you have been transported out of Toronto to some far away land. We are lucky to have them here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!FawntasticDined on 9/5/2014This was my second time at Tabule and it was just as delicious as the first. I felt their Mujadara could be more about the lentils and less about the rice and be a little stronger in flavour, but it was still good. Our server was a little off - she couldn't make any recommendations. When she asked when we would like the Mujadara (we had ordered a few appetizers to share plus a main to share) we said whenever she would recommend, and she said "well it's really up to you". We also found the food came out far too quickly - we didn't even have our wine yet when the appetizers arrived and the second we finished them (in fact, we weren't quite finished) the mains came out. A little time between would have been preferred.Special Features:
- great food and ambienceOrchids7VIPDined on 9/5/2014Have come here a few times, and the food is great and staff are friendly. It also has a nice quiet outdoor dining space in the back. Love coming to this location as it's cleaner and more spacious than the one on yonge streetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great mixJillDined on 8/31/2014For one this restaurant is a great addition to the east end- Genuine Mediterranean food is not easy to find. We went early because we were bringing kids, and the restaurant does a great job at straddling the upscale as well as family friendly divide. They cater to children but don't loose the elegant vibe. I imagine once the family dinner hour is over this restaurant would make a fabulous date spot, for an intimate dinner.Special Features:
- Great food and belly dancer at 8:30BeachfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Had some friends in from the burbs and we wanted a unique city experience (not the usual Irish pub). Tabule has great food and on Saturday night at 8:30 has a belly dancer in for a brief bit of entertainment. A great restaurant of Middle Eastern cuisine, the food and atmosphere were superb. One of our party requires gluten free food and this restaurant manages this very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little gem!AngelaDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and the service was prompt and polite! James was a wonderful host!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterWineloverDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter was very friendly and personable. Made the dinner experience fun.Special Features:
- lovely patio diningPCHADined on 8/23/2014Great food....great ambiance....lovely patio....terrific serviceSpecial Features:
- SitHereDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were great. Not sure why we were seated next to the only other occupied table in the restaurant. Oh, and that table had two small children with their parents?Special Features:
- Favourite Toronto restaurantluv2dineDined on 8/12/2014Food is always so fresh and delicious....always consistently great service. We love everything that we have ever ordered....can't say enough good things about this restaurant....their new addition on Queen Street is so much fun...very lively, and full of energy. The food at either restaurant is consistenly perfect....and they are always busy...good to have a reservation. Love, love, love this restaurant! we love the upbeat, young decor amd windows that open up to the trendy Leslieville Queen St. area. We find the main courses that include meat, rice, grilled veggies is quite filling after having hummus, taboule salad and so share a main course (especially love the kefta banadura and cauliflower salad...Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lots of energyHudsonValleyMayDined on 8/12/2014The best falafel I've had in North America, the fried cauliflower was also to die for. The main courses did not quite live up to the appetizers' promise, but still were quite good. Our server was harried but cheerful, the place was packed. All in all, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Delicious food and friendly serviceBiggieandHonDined on 8/10/2014We have been coming to Tabule since it first opened on queen street a couple of years ago. The food is delicious, original and impeccable. The cocktails are completely original using ingredients like fresh mint and jalub - betcha can't drink just one! Try the Habibi. We have never had dessert as we always fill up on mains and shared appetizers. Love this place!Special Features:
- Fresh fresh fresh!ChefwannabeDined on 8/5/2014I've been to this location three times and it doesn't disappoint. Fresh dips, great salads, delicious apps. The skewers are cooked well and the rice is flavorful. And Monday and Tuesdays are BYOW and no corkage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time!TorontoGalDined on 8/1/2014Dined with a friend on Friday night, and was thoroughly impressed with the food and service. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurant great serviceBirdDined on 7/31/2014It is the second time in a week that I have eaten at Tabule on Queen Street The food is fantastic, and the staff is friendly, informative, and fast. Our only small complaint is the noise level is quite high since lots of babies were present, and the train speeds right by the restaurant! I would still go back tomorrow if I had a chance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!LbckVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great food, great atmosphere, and great patio! I will be coming back to Tabule every chance I get. Very kid friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseBiggsDined on 7/24/2014First time at this restaurant and the food was really good and our waiter was very friendly and helpful. Will hope to return soon.Special Features:
- My Favourite Leslieville LocalhappymrsmDined on 7/21/2014Whether it's a quick, delicious lunch, a celebratory dinner or a spontaneous drink at the bar during a thunder storm, Taboule On Queen feels like a well-established neighbourhood secret. The staff are always professional and personable. The food is exceptional. Our current fave is the flash-fried cauliflower with tahini. The service is impeccable. As a gluten and dairy-free diner, it's one of my favourite restaurants in Toronto. We recently experienced the patio for the first time. Spacious and beautifully designed, it's a wonderful addition to the Taboule experience. Oh, and they serve the creamiest, most delicious hummus I've ever tasted. The fact that there's gluten-free pita to go with it? The best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularMitchellPDined on 7/19/2014Good, drinks, atmosphere. Win. Try the cauliflower (and everything else).I would recommend this to a friend.