773 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://taboononline.com/
- Phone: 2127130271
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: brunch 11am - 3:30pm, dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Haim Cohen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can provide semi-private or full use of the restaurant for your party.
- Private Party Contact: Ayala Hodak 2127130271
- Entertainment: Monday nights are "Flamenco Chill," featuring live Flamenco music from guitarist Hernan Romero at 8pm.
- Cross Street: 52nd Street
- Public Transit: C and E trains at 50th Street, 1 train at 50th Street and B and D trains at 7th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: A public lot is available on 51st or 53rd Street between 10th and 11th Avenues. Street parking is available in front of the restaurant after 7:00pm and on side streets after 6:00pm.
A word from Taboon
Taboon means "oven" in Arabic. Considered the heart of our restaurant, the wood fired Taboon oven delivers freshly prepared specialties that are exotic, healthful and full of flavor. Our trademark "Middle Terranean" cuisine blends the traditions of the Mediterranean with Middle Eastern cuisine using French techniques to create dishes that are uniquely delicious. Visit us at 773 10th Avenue, at the corner of 52nd Street, just steps away from the Theater District to find out what everyone's talking about. And ask us about our brand new PRE-THEATRE PRIX FIXE MENU! Reserve a table with us between 5pm and 6:30pm Monday through Friday and enjoy 3 courses accompanied by our famous fresh-baked-to-order foccacia for only $35 per person!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taboon reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (104)romantic (68)special occasion (52)great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (32)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (16)late-night find (16)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Reliably DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014Taboon does what it does right. The dishes doesn't seem to change substantially very often, but maybe they don't need to. The breads and mezze are excellent (I like the schug, tzatziki, and the baba ghanoush). The salads are also spot on (especially the kale salad I had the other night with roasted pear). As a vegetarian, I am perfectly satisfied returning time and again to the vegetarian grill which is good because there aren't many other meatless options among the mains. The service is always attentive and friendly, knowledgable about the food. Never tire of Taboon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Their creativity with the wood oven makes their twist to Mediterranean food delicious and uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we go regularlyMichaelVIPDined on 10/25/2014really like the food and service, not far from the theater district and easy to get out of the city afterwards, we have been many times and it is always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night?Jude8VIPDined on 10/23/2014Taboon has been one of my top three favorite restaurants in the city for a number of years. The experience has always been perfect… amazing food, great service, inventive cocktails and a beautiful room. I took a client there the other night and am sad to say that, although the food was good, it wasn't up to par. We started with meze. The dips were good but the focaccia was dry and the texture off… The fish of the night, snapper, was good, not great and the hanger steak was tough and chewy… not the melt-in-your-mouth steak of the past. The dessert was outstanding…a sort of panna cotta with blueberries. I will go back again and hope that they get the kitchen back up to the perfection has always been in the past.Special Features:
- agordongirlDined on 10/23/2014Dinner was delicious and service was excellent. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Very disappointing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/16/2014I was with a friend in the neighborhood, we decided to look for a restaurant in the area. So we choose Taboon for its Mediterranean cuisine. Very disappointing dining experience. The quality of food was very mediocre, definitely not worth the price... I would not recommend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014First time there. It was a great place for a romantic dinner. Quite and had enough room to be private. Loved it and the food was excellent! Service was excellent and I'll be returning in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathDined on 10/11/2014Creative "Middle East-erranean." Friendly staff. Open setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!KeharrisDined on 10/9/2014Excellent! Food service atmosphere, spot on! Great place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionBearVIPDined on 10/7/2014Every detail was perfect. Great waitress and food was perfection.Special Features:
- Taboon is greatUESguyDined on 10/5/2014This was my second time dining at Taboon. We enjoyed our lunch. I really like the Halumi eggs (eggs served in a skillet with traditional Mediterranean garnishes and Halumi cheese), but the best part is the amazing desert! An absolutely fantastic place, but the service could be a bit better (was fine on our first visit, was lacking the second time- maybe it was just one of those days...) but don't let this stop you from visiting and enjoying a true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Foodzeus50VIPDined on 10/3/2014Taboon had such an interesting and delicious menu. Our server was excellent in recommending the highlighted dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falls short on the entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2014We live in the neighborhood and had been meaning to try Taboom forever. Lovely atmosphere, if a tad loud, and very friendly waitress. However, for a restaurant of this caliber, fatty, gristly lamb chops (the priciest entree on the menu, at $36) are unacceptable. The "vegetarian grill" was similarly disappointing, with greasy vegetables and a handful of greasy dumplings purporting to be gnocchi. Homemade bread was excellent. We'd go back for wine, bread and hummus, but wouldn't waste our money on another full meal here. 44 and X down the road is a better choice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014food great, tables too close together and low ceilings caused a high noise level.Special Features:
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I travel to NY often for work. Taboon is a favorite place to go because of it's wonderful menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing eveningRalphknowsDined on 9/28/2014After dining at Taboon many times, we were disappointed by the ineptitude of our waitress. She was being "trained" and really didn't know what she was doing. After several mishaps, including a cold dish that was supposed to be hot and a incorrect cocktail, we complained to one of the hostesses, and received an experience waitress, who was most professional. However, we thought the use of someone new should be closely supervised until she had proven herself.Special Features:
- Hell's Kitchen Hot Oven DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Second time having brunch at Taboon in a month. On both occasions all the staff were gracious and accommodating. The unique cocktail list is inventive and delicious; I love the Nefertiti's Kiss cocktail - delicious. I must try for dinner. I am sure it will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lookingforspecialmealsVIPDined on 9/20/2014Lovely atmosphere, with good food - we really appreciate that the tables are not crammed together!Special Features:
- Great service!gingerbeertrickDined on 9/19/2014Our server was fantastic and friendly. Part of our party arrived very late, and we needed to leave in short order to see a play, but she was great about making sure our dishes came out quickly and even giving us time updates towards the end of the (very delicious) meal. Bonus points for an excellent foie gras, which was very much enjoyed by our Californian guests.Special Features:
- Delicious Mediterranean foodFoodwomanVIPDined on 9/15/2014Always fabulous., delicious. Makes me wish we could eat there more often. Only complaint is that I wish they would give a larger portion of Tzatizki for $4. Charge $5 and double the size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FJMFrankDined on 9/13/2014Overall good food but very spotty service. Our server disappeared from time to time. We had to flag her down to order coffee well after our dessert was finished. Also, our server recommended the lamb chops medium rare - I would have called them raw. Disappointed.
- great pre theatreilovetheatreDined on 9/13/2014The food was tasty. Well presented, quite delicious. The servers were knowledgeable and attentive and mindful of our time constraints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We arrived ten minutes late to our reservation, and our table had already been given away. We sat at the bar instead, which was fine, but if they are really so strict about their reservation times they should make it known ahead of time. Usually there is a 15 min grace period. Service was friendly, especially the lovely bartender. The food was good, especially the Zucchini cakes, if not amazing. A decent dinner, but there's more exciting Middle Eastern/Levantine food elsewhere in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodElaineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Fit for foodies special menu. Everything was excellent including the wine.Special Features:
- As always, excellent!NYCTINADined on 9/6/2014The ceviche is out of this world, and the bread is on my list of "If I had only one last meal....."Special Features:
- Good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Went there for pre theater dinner. Prix fixe. Great presentation and flavor. Service was decent, but not the best. If you go for pre theater, go at least 90 mins early. Waited a while for dessert and was 15 min late for show. I prob wouldn't go again, but really glad I went once. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food, great wine!CitydinerDined on 8/29/2014This was my third visit to this restaurant, and it's worth going just for the fantastic wine and beginning bread appetizer. Whether taking visitors out, meeting up with friends, or on a romantic date for two, the wait staff make this restaurant friendly and comfortable while still feeling intimate and beautiful. The wine pairs so well with the food, and the desserts are dynamite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 8/25/2014a truly wonderful experience with excellent, clean food along with great service, attending to us with such ease and pleasure. Have been going back over the years and it has remained equal to the first time.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! A+NYCdinerDined on 8/25/2014Everything was great - food, drinks, service, and ambience were an A+ I went with another couple and all 4 of us loved this place and will definitely be returning. Food was amazing. The atmosphere was intimate and classy, but not pretentious. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance!Wen124Dined on 8/21/2014Ambiance is great. Food is delicious with good portion size. Only complaint I have is that our waitress was always missing. Had to ask various times for refills on our drinks and never asked us if we were ready to pay. We got desperate to leave and just handed the credit card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallwannabefoodieDined on 8/19/2014The yogurt dip and seasoned bread were outstanding, but my entree was lacking in the seasoning department. It was a vegetarian dish and it seems like the restaurant just slapped it on the menu just to have a veg option. It was bland and the vegetables incorporated were boring... Well, the giant, skinned, mushy tomatoes weren't boring, those were just gross.I would recommend this to a friend.
- delish!einathmazafiDined on 8/16/2014Its only our second time but we are in love. ambiance is so nice, it is not noisy and food is just mouthwatering. we ate SO MUCH since we couldn't decide what to order.... so kinda ordered too much but still, we couldn't leave anything on the plate. LOVED it!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed TaboonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We tried Taboon during restaurant week. The staff was very nice and attentive. The RW menu had great selections and we both enjoyed the dishes we chose (Hanger Steak and Grilled Vegetable entrée) Our server was very helpful with questions and recommendations. We will definitely go back and will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food is fresh and original but the portions are small. Romantic and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificmimaguyDined on 8/15/2014This place is beautiful. The bartender was very personable and made very delicious drinks. After we were seated at a table, the magic began. Everything we ordered was amazing. The hanger steak was so delicious and the sila for dessert, let's just say I could eat it by the gallon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Unbelievably delicious meal and perfectly made drinks. Service was good. Can't wait to go back again for the food and drinks.Special Features:
- MrsExpatDined on 8/10/2014I would agree with other comments that the food at Taboon is a little on the pricey side for the area - meze $14 plus $4.50 for the bread and $30+ for the mains, so not a cheap meal. However, the food was very tasty, perfectly cooked, authentic and nicely presented, the service was good and we did have a very enjoyable evening. I would certainly go back as a neighbourhood gem. My branzino was lovely and succulent, the bread was moorish and my husband enjoyed his lamb dish, also the scallops with spinach and fried quails eggs. We did enjoy each and every course and found ourselves happily reminiscing over holidays spent in Turkey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week findBTVDININGGALDined on 8/8/2014My friend and I enjoyed a girl's night out at Taboon, dining in the open air. The homemade bread with hummus and other spreads was a delightful, complementary beginning to our meal. We shared different appetizers, main courses, and deserts from the restaurant week menu and were pleasantly rewarded for trying so many of the dishes. The beet salad was particularly good and we really enjoyed the salmon, as well. Service was friendly and well-paced. We appreciated our server's willingness to bring a different glass of wine if we didn't enjoy our choices.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Had a great dinner experience prior to theater. Service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated !!!!!!OverRatedDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant was so over priced and overrated. The service sucked. The menu wa so so, the food was not great at all. It had tourist trap feel and my friend and It felt like we were the only native new yorkers there. I will never go back.