773 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://taboononline.com/
- Phone: 2127130271
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: brunch 11am - 3:30pm, dinner 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Haim Cohen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can provide semi-private or full use of the restaurant for your party.
- Private Party Contact: Ayala Hodak 2127130271
- Entertainment: Monday nights are "Flamenco Chill," featuring live Flamenco music from guitarist Hernan Romero at 8pm.
- Cross Street: 52nd Street
- Public Transit: C and E trains at 50th Street, 1 train at 50th Street and B and D trains at 7th Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: A public lot is available on 51st or 53rd Street between 10th and 11th Avenues. Street parking is available in front of the restaurant after 7:00pm and on side streets after 6:00pm.
A word from Taboon
Taboon means "oven" in Arabic. Considered the heart of our restaurant, the wood fired Taboon oven delivers freshly prepared specialties that are exotic, healthful and full of flavor. Our trademark "Middle Terranean" cuisine blends the traditions of the Mediterranean with Middle Eastern cuisine using French techniques to create dishes that are uniquely delicious. Visit us at 773 10th Avenue, at the corner of 52nd Street, just steps away from the Theater District to find out what everyone's talking about. And ask us about our brand new PRE-THEATRE PRIX FIXE MENU! Reserve a table with us between 5pm and 6:30pm Monday through Friday and enjoy 3 courses accompanied by our famous fresh-baked-to-order foccacia for only $35 per person!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taboon reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)fit for foodies (103)romantic (67)special occasion (58)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (37)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (19)hot spot (18)late-night find (18)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great restaurant! A+OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Everything was great - food, drinks, service, and ambience were an A+ I went with another couple and all 4 of us loved this place and will definitely be returning. Food was amazing. The atmosphere was intimate and classy, but not pretentious. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance!Wen124Dined on 8/21/2014Ambiance is great. Food is delicious with good portion size. Only complaint I have is that our waitress was always missing. Had to ask various times for refills on our drinks and never asked us if we were ready to pay. We got desperate to leave and just handed the credit card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delish!einathmazafiDined on 8/16/2014Its only our second time but we are in love. ambiance is so nice, it is not noisy and food is just mouthwatering. we ate SO MUCH since we couldn't decide what to order.... so kinda ordered too much but still, we couldn't leave anything on the plate. LOVED it!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed TaboonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We tried Taboon during restaurant week. The staff was very nice and attentive. The RW menu had great selections and we both enjoyed the dishes we chose (Hanger Steak and Grilled Vegetable entrée) Our server was very helpful with questions and recommendations. We will definitely go back and will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food is fresh and original but the portions are small. Romantic and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificmimaguyDined on 8/15/2014This place is beautiful. The bartender was very personable and made very delicious drinks. After we were seated at a table, the magic began. Everything we ordered was amazing. The hanger steak was so delicious and the sila for dessert, let's just say I could eat it by the gallon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Unbelievably delicious meal and perfectly made drinks. Service was good. Can't wait to go back again for the food and drinks.Special Features:
- MrsExpatDined on 8/10/2014I would agree with other comments that the food at Taboon is a little on the pricey side for the area - meze $14 plus $4.50 for the bread and $30+ for the mains, so not a cheap meal. However, the food was very tasty, perfectly cooked, authentic and nicely presented, the service was good and we did have a very enjoyable evening. I would certainly go back as a neighbourhood gem. My branzino was lovely and succulent, the bread was moorish and my husband enjoyed his lamb dish, also the scallops with spinach and fried quails eggs. We did enjoy each and every course and found ourselves happily reminiscing over holidays spent in Turkey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week findBTVDININGGALDined on 8/8/2014My friend and I enjoyed a girl's night out at Taboon, dining in the open air. The homemade bread with hummus and other spreads was a delightful, complementary beginning to our meal. We shared different appetizers, main courses, and deserts from the restaurant week menu and were pleasantly rewarded for trying so many of the dishes. The beet salad was particularly good and we really enjoyed the salmon, as well. Service was friendly and well-paced. We appreciated our server's willingness to bring a different glass of wine if we didn't enjoy our choices.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Had a great dinner experience prior to theater. Service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated !!!!!!OverRatedDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant was so over priced and overrated. The service sucked. The menu wa so so, the food was not great at all. It had tourist trap feel and my friend and It felt like we were the only native new yorkers there. I will never go back.
- medium rare duck, or notdne99Dined on 8/4/2014Restaurant week at Taboon was hopping on a Monday night. The menu offered an unexpected modern twist to middle eastern cuisine. The homemade focaccia and three dips for the table began the meal with a tasteful start. The tender duck breast entrées took center stage as the difference between medium and medium rare was indistinguishable to our eyes on our two orders, and yet, we were "corrected" by our food server who confidently identified which was which---this, after asking us which we ordered! Graciously, the manager discounted our entire ticket, to the credit of our waitress who promptly made the request on our behalf. Otherwise, the evening was a success. Warning, the Silan is very very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great blend of flavoursJenEmmDined on 8/3/2014A great blend of Italian and Mediterranean. Taboon was recommended to me by a friend and we decided to give it a try for lunch. The bottomless mimosa was a nice way to start the day! We each ordered the eggs shakshuka. The dish was served in a skillet and had the perfect amount of spicy heat to it. The side of homemade focaccia was a better choice to pair with the meal than the challah that came with the eggs. The homemade focaccia is heavenly. It's bursting with flavour, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Served hot and fresh from the taboon oven, I could have eaten this alone for lunch! It was a nice ambiance and we will 100% return.Special Features:
- Great food and date night spotKWFoodiesDined on 8/1/2014How could you say no to a space where most of the food is made from the coal oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great bartenderCasualdinerDined on 8/1/2014We got to our reservation early, so we decided to have a drink at the bar. The bartender was very friendly, and she was super-accommodating when I didn't like the specialty drink I ordered. We were lucky to get a spot at the bar because some of the bar spots were reserved for dining reservations. When our friends showed up, we were seated at a nice table in the corner between a window and the counter separating the wood burning oven ( where they make the bread) from the dining area. I was very happy with our table. We went for restaurant week, and the food was quite tasty. I recommend the shrimp in filo as an appetizer, and the fondant dessert was scrumptious. The table service was average. Overall we had a very pleasant evening at Taboon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!Up4anythingDined on 8/1/2014The first time we ate here we sat at the bar because we did not have a reservation. It was a very pleasant experience all around. I've been back several times. The food is always delicious!! The trio appetizer served with a soft and warm flat bread is a must! The knaffe dessert, is something I would not normally order. My friend insisted on it and now I crave it!! The decor is lovely- romantic with a touch of Mediterranean influence. All around a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014We ate here during restaurant week. We had a really early reservation, but were allowed to enjoy a leisurely meal. The food was delicious, and the staff even recommended a cucumber dish so that I could try the spreads they place on each table without eating the bread. The cocktails were great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle Eastern FindLove2DineDined on 7/31/2014The dinner was good. I would like to go back to to try the grilled calamari and other appetizers. My beet salad was delicious, the salmon was good and I liked the artichokes. I especially liked the babaganoush and yogurt dip, the hummus was a little bland. The staff is terrific and right there for you and very accommodating. The place is happy and lively with nice big windows and outside dining. We all enjoyed our meal and our experience at Taboon.Special Features:
- FernDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I took advantage of Restaurant week to try Taboon. We had a great experience and would definitely return. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. !Special Features:
- nice findzaazaaDined on 7/30/2014The atmosphere, the food and the service were excellent.Special Features:
- janegoldVIPDined on 7/29/2014table is wiped with a sloppy wet cloth between courses... very unsanitary and unappealing!! food portion small the amuse bouche - 3 dips with warm oven-baked bread was delish
- Great little spotTourist2Dined on 7/29/2014Great service and wonderful food, presented with flair. Off the beaten track but worth the trip. We had the chicken taboon and the lamb and would recommend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plesant surpriseJHG1VIPDined on 7/28/2014Found Taboon on Open Table and it was New York dine week. The prix fixe menu was spectacular - hummus, babaganoush and tzatziki first rate with extraordinary homemade pita bread. The appetizers, main courses and desserts were great, the wine excellent and the service fantastic. Had a nice chat with one of the owners who was friendly and welcoming. The server was terrific - personable, interested and informed. It was an all around great dining experience in a city where it's often hard to choose where to eat. The location in Hells Kitchen is convenient to midtown west.Special Features:
- Taboon ReviewGoodyDined on 7/28/2014What a great time we had. Everything from food to service was absolutely outstanding. I will definitely come back and recommend to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Our server was fantastic which made the entire experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Impeccable service. Seamless transition between courses. Absolutely delicious food! Wonderful evening, indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceDisappointedDined on 7/25/2014I had made a reservation for Taboon during Restaurant Week. Once we arrived, we waited a few minutes for an outdoor table, where there was less noise - not the issue. However, our server did not appear until 10 minutes of being seated at the table, our first appetizer took 15 minutes to be delivered, the couple that got seated after us, appeared to be getting their food before us. In addition, our waiter did not check on us at all during dinner; he took our order and then gave us the check. Lastly, the couple across from us, who got seated after we did, got much more attention; asking about the meal and a refill on drinks. We live around the corner from Taboon and thought it would become a regular dining experience. Not anymore!
- Awesome and deliciousMiele2VIPDined on 7/25/2014Taboon is always amazing. The bread with the hummus and other dips is always my favorite. Also the salad with haloumi amd the kenafe. One of my favorite restaurants in manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week dinnerBobPVIPDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I were in NYC for restaurant week and chose Taboon as one of our destinations. We enjoyed the restaurant and the meals. We were both glad to include this restaurant on our visit to the city and hope to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restweekDined on 7/22/2014the restaurant week dinner was good. the best were the bread and toppings. dessert (chocolate and sherbet ) were outstanding. when we came in at 5pm, we did not want table near the bar, and were told other people had requested the window tables before us!Special Features:
- Not badnewyorkpaulDined on 7/19/2014There was nothing really serious to complain about at Taboon. Everything was pretty good. However, when I go to a restaurant, I'd like things to be notable. The wines that were available by the glass could use some help. We tried three different reds and none were very good. The food is good, but definitely not great. Every dish that we ordered (baby octopus, branzino, and the halibut special) lacked finesse. The "micro cilantro" was just some hand picked cilantro thrown on top. Taboon is definitely overpriced for what it is. I think that they think they're better than what they are. For the prices they charge, they should definitely pay more attention to details. There is nothing memorable about this place. I would not go back.
- food great, breezy mediterraneantengohambreVIPDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed the food, everything was delicious. The lamb duo was very well cooked, the lamb chop was super tender. The service was slow but not to a point where I had to flag someone down. I would recommend Taboon, I sure will return if I'm in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent and the waitstaff was the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014I love this place! The service is excellent and the food is perfect.
- Terrific restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014Lovely place with phenomenal food. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- BubblesBubblesDined on 7/13/2014Superb food, service, ambiance. A neighborhood gem. Love, love, love this restaurant. PS. The bread, made as you order it , in a brick oven, is drop dead delicious. Run, do not walk to Taboon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueStevefellsDined on 7/13/2014Delicious flavorful, special menu/ Great prix fix menu. great serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent Pre-Show Mealtlarson678Dined on 7/12/2014The meal of Middle Eastern & Mediterranean fare we enjoyed at Taboon on Saturday is one we will not soon forget. Excellent service, the waitress was helpful to us in making selection from the menu to get the best sampling of their specialties, she was also very knowledge about the beer, wine, and cocktail menus. We were on a bit of a schedule to make curtain for a show and they were more than accommodating. The food was delicious, authentic, and exquisitely presented. We enthusiastically recommend Taboon.Special Features:
- A pre-theater stapleMelinDined on 7/8/2014I've eaten here at least four times, and it's always consistent: great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Creative MediterraneanJanetbDined on 7/6/2014We really enjoyed dinner at Taboon. The restaurant was lovely and the food was so interesting with delicious and unexpected combinations of favors. I had a salad of beets and Asian pear that was visually beautiful and a perfect combination of sweet and salty. My fish dish had a lots of fresh herbs. My husband loved his chicken dish with couscous and interesting sauces. I highly recommend this restaurant./Special Features: