616 St Peter St
New Orleans, LA 70116Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tableaufrenchquarter.com/
- Phone: 5049343463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
11:30AM - 10:00PM
Tableau is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Brunch is served on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Ben Thibodeaux
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Tableau features 5 private dining rooms, accommodating 15 to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mary McGee Tilloy 5045218310x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Brunch on Sundays.
- Cross Street: Chartres
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The restaurant is located on picturesque Jackson Square, at the corner of St. Peter Street and Chartres Street. Please allow extra time for parking or traveling into the heart of the French Quarter.
Parking is available at several nearby parking garages including, Premium Parking at 616 Toulouse Street and 535 Chartres Street, Central Parking at 528 Chartres Street, or French Market Parking Lot- located along the River behind French Market retail shops on Decatur Street.
A word from Tableau
Located in the heart of the French Quarter, on the corner of Jackson Square, Tableau is Dickie Brennan's latest production and features lauded Louisiana Creole dishes prepared by talented chef, Ben Thibodeaux and his equally talented culinary team. Look for traditional Creole dishes with an updated approach. A star of the menu is the ten or more traditional French sauces made daily by the expert house saucier. Enjoy courtyard dining, as well as balcony dining with some of the best views in the Quarter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tableau - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Tableau reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)fit for foodies (76)romantic (71)scenic view (58)good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (33)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (24)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Good place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Second time over there. Great dinner option. Good service, great meal and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pre-theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Always great. Flour less chocolate cake to die for! Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocremellemel5Dined on 9/7/2014The food and atmosphere were quite mediocre. I was disappointed and really wanted to enjoy myself. The staff were perfectly nice and attentive. This is NOT a place for foodies.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant great serviceGeauxDined on 9/6/2014Great location on the square reasonably priced good wine selection. Half portions let you try several items Oysters were awesome. Veal I had was very tender but I thought it was too heavily breaded which when fried was a bit greasy for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceMissSippieDined on 9/6/2014We had a party of 5 on a Saturday night at 7:30. The restaurant had several open tables so they were not crazy busy and we noticed servers standing around talking. Cocktails were delivered wrong, water was never refilled, had to ask for more bread and the food took for ever! The whole experience took over 2 and a half hours! Separate from the service issue, the food was not that impressive. I had been to Tableau the first month they opened and had a similar experience. I chalked it up to "new restaurant needs to work out the kinks". It was no better this time around. There are so many wonderful restaurant options in New Orleans so 2 strikes means Tableau is out for me.
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014I can always count on Tableau for really good food and service. I especially love the Eggs Hussarde, great value and so delicious.
- Perfect for Pre TheatreCristenDined on 9/6/2014Our high expectations for a Brennan restaurant were met and exceeded here. We had the shrimp remoulade, seafood gumbo, filet of beef bearnaise, and paneed veal. All were delicious except the veal was slightly dry. The service was impeccable and the dining room is tastefully and pleasantly decorated. It has a very warm ambience we found very relaxing and inviting. I would highly recommend this place if you're going to the theatre next door as they have a special reasonably priced pre theatre menu.Special Features:
- If you can, sit up on the balcony!TNGnashvilleVIPDined on 9/5/2014What an amazing location to sit on a balcony! We sat overlooking Jackson Square and had amazing music playing from below. It wasn't too loud which made the evening great for conversations. The champagne cocktail was amazing and I have been craving it for days! Very refreshing for hot NOLA. The filet medallions were perfect and to top off the meal our dessert was amazing too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!dec5BirthdayDined on 9/5/2014Love sitting on balcony overlooking Jackson Square! My husband & I love the turtle soup and marinated crab claws! Always consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service marrs experienceBritguyDined on 8/31/2014A friend and I booked a table for dinner at 9pm. We arrived on time but were required to wait a short time while a table was found. Having ordered two straightforward cocktails, we were then subjected to a wait of 25 minutes before they reached the table. The food, while tasty, was cold and the staff were unmotivated. One waiter seemed incapable of taking an order and following it through to completion. It was a deeply frustrating experience.
- New Orleans visitTommyDined on 8/30/2014Made special seat request on OPen table and it was honored and made the night with best table in the place! Food very good but I wouldn't say over the top. Gorgeous room, great presentation. Wine list was just ok. Not great selection of wines by glass including sparkling by glass, no red zin, and other whites that i liked offered by glass.Special Features:
- TableauDinnerMikeCDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointing. It came highly recommended to me but did not deliver. My Filet Bernaise was cooked properly but was warm not hot. As were my son's lamb chops. The lamb chop filets were very small. I could find nicer chops at Sam's. My wife's duck was undercooked. I was looking for a nice, bold red wine, but could not find one, even after tasting several samples. Settled on the Malbec, which was OK but not as bold as I wanted. I had noted in my reservation that this was a combination birthday/anniversary dinner, but there was no mention by the staff, song, or anything special. After 2nd comment, manager did reduce the bill to compensate for the steak. On the positive side, atmosphere was nice. Staff friendly.Special Features:
- Gumbo to die for.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Beautifully renovated restaurant right in the middle of all the action. Our server Alice changed a fantastic meal into a dining experience we will not soon forget. She is a gem. The specialty drinks (especially one called 'Just As Well') should not be missed. They are unique and delicious. This was my second visit and there will be many more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Food delivered to the wrong people, we were left to sort it out.
- a "go to" placeRandyDined on 8/27/2014We enjoy Tableau every visit...the food is high end without breaking the bank...highly recommend a starter, then French onion soup or gumbo followed by the eggs hussarde (takes me back to breakfast at Brennans) while we've enjoyed this dish during evening dining...atmosphere and service are impressive...one of best secrets in town is their French grenache red blend wine served by the carafe "on tap"...we collect wine and find this is a wonderful selection that nets out for unser $4 per glass...and its very very good...we visit about every other month, especially when entertainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a play!catwinksDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good, the plates we had were just the right size to allow us to also enjoy coffee and dessert afterwards. Then we walked next door to see a play ! We both enjoyed everything. For those of you from out of town, its just on the corner of Jackson Square ! Great view.Special Features:
- Super small fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We order off the pre fix theater menu. Gulf fish? I have never seen a piece of fish that small. The "hot" chocolate dessert would have been excellent without the over-powering cayenne. The cayenne did nothing for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tableau Dining ExperienceSaucyDined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent and the restaurant was very charming, however; myself and my friends were not overwhelmed by the food. The gumbo was good in flavor, but only had one shrimp and a little crab. The shrimp po'boy was light on the shrimp, slightly dry, and only moderate in flavor. The fries were cold. Another friend had the shrimp and grits... fabulous. As foodies and first time visitors to the restaurant, we were somewhat disappointed in the food, but loved the atmosphere.
- Outstanding placeGiGi4Dined on 8/25/2014Great dining experience. The Fried squash blossoms were a real treat.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Super food and service, anything with their BBQ sauce on it is worth getting !Special Features:
- Location PerfectOutToLunchDined on 8/23/2014Weather was hot but wanted to eat out on the porch anyway and so glad we did. We had a bird's eye view of the entertainment on the street. The service was professional and only showed up when we needed something, didn't hoover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View better then foodMetzfundVIPDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant is beautiful and sits on corner across from Jackson square so it was very fun to watch people and listen to the street musicians even though very hot! Richard was our waiter and he was very nice and personable, as was all the staff. I started with squash blossoms and it just didn't hit the mark...very bland and tasteless. I then had the BLT.. The bacon was raw, the tomato was not ripe and way too big, and barely any greens. The frites were mushy. My husband got the crab claws which were pretty tasty and the asparagus salad which he really liked. The tomato was ripe and better proportion for the meal. The asparagus was tender and the shrimp delicious. Not sure I'd recommend until food more consistent!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceEat4EatDined on 8/22/2014Very nice food, very nice service in a beautifully finished dining areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KelleyRhondaDined on 8/22/2014Delicious meal in lively setting! Enjoyed introducing friends to this new favorite restaurant. Delightful!Special Features:
- happy birthdayfuntimeDined on 8/22/2014The made a special occasion very special. Great attention to detail - wait staff was superbSpecial Features:
- Tableau is a dining experienceart2uinflaDined on 8/17/2014Reservations were reconfirmed with a phone call by Tableau, and when we arrived we were sat right away. Three members of the wait staff took care of us and provided guidance on the menu. The food was outstanding, presented beautifully, full of flavor, and well worth the price and experience. We sat next to the street window so we could see the activities at Jackson Square. If you like French Onion soup, they have a version that is wonderful. Make sure to order sides with your dinner (they are large enough to share with 2-3 diners) and save room for dessert. We will definitely revisit this restaurant next time we are in New Orleans!Special Features:
- BirthdayGirlDined on 8/17/2014Tableu is my new FAVE in New Orleans! Beautiful setting, great location and fabulous food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and ambienceLocaldiningbuffDined on 8/15/2014To the food: We (party of 4) found the cheese plate and all our appetizers and entrees excellent. The courtbouillon was especially praised. As to the sides: The menu describes the Tableau potatoes as "fingerling potatoes fried crispy ...": they weren't. Also, the creamed spinach was tasteless. The desserts were also not really to our personal liking: the creme brulet is thin - I realize that is the pastry chef's choice, but I think it's carried to the extreme. There is hardly any custard left, so you are basically just eating sugar. Also, the monkey bread pudding: I expected to like it, because I love biscuits. But there is too little else on the inside, making it dry. Next visit - and there will be one, we'll probably skip dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightdananddawnDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner sitting out on the balcony. Great view of Jackson Square. Very romantic night for us. The gumbo was our favorite as we shared different dishes. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014This was our 2nd visit to Tableau and, as with last time, we were impressed with the service and the food-fantastic desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in New Orleans!SmilesDined on 8/10/2014We had a delightful brunch on Sunday and everyone at the table throroughly enjoyed their food! The jazz band was a surprise and really made the morning nice.Special Features:
- DisappointedBeanLadyDined on 8/9/2014We had heard great things about Tableau, but our visit on Sat 8/9 for a bday dinner was very disappointing. We waited at the bar for our 8:30 res and the bartender was very unfriendly and aloof (Jeff). The hostess seemed confused, and we finally went up to the hostess stand, and coincidentally our table was ready..??? Anyway, our captain was running too many tables, and his service was slow. My husband ordered oysters en brochette for his 1st course, and they took 45 mins to arrive. His seafood gumbo (2nd course) arrived just before them. Gumbo roux was burned and gumbo had fish flakes & no recognizable seafood. $10.95 was the price. Entrees were mediocre. Had to ask for our check. All in all, not a very memorable or special bday dinner.
- Magnificent findDelectableDined on 8/7/2014My families first time to dine here and the food was absolutely phenomenal! The steaks were some of the best my husband & I have ever had. The sides as well as dessert was superb! Our wait staff was courteous and attentive, especially our waitress who's name escapes me but she had short blonde hair. We sat downstairs next to the bar and breezeway for the wait staff. At times some of the staff would mingle around that area and would joke around with each other, which was a little annoying since they were less than 10 ft from our table but a manager saw them and found things for them to focus on. Overall it was a pleasurable meal and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad MeatRARRDined on 8/6/2014I was served bad meat. They tried to tell me it was grass-fed. I know the difference between grass-fed and just bad. Come on guys. When the waitress set my food down she was kind enough to comment that it looked like it would make me fat. Dismal experience all around.Special Features:
- Incredible RestaurantEnergywiseScottDined on 8/3/2014Just a great place to dine..the Shrimp & Grits were not only the best I've had, but probably one of the best food dishes I've ever had all-time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn Up the HeatFredVIPDined on 8/3/2014Ambiance, service, Jazz band, and presentation were all great. I ordered the Eggs Hussard at brunch this past Sunday with my meat temperature to be medium. When it arrived, all of my food may have been just a little warmer than room temperature. In addition, my meat wasn't medium or even medium rare, but blood red rare. Also not even warm. Would have sent it back but was under some time pressure. Had a great experience at Dickie Brennan's steak house the night before and had a great experience. Was expecting way more than what I got at Tableau. Frequent visitor to NOLA, and may give Tableau another try sometime, but it may be a while.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointingLaineyGeeDined on 8/2/2014On our second visit to Tableau, it was a very crowded summer Saturday night. We sat in the rear downstairs dining room between two rather large tables. The noise level was very high. The wait staff was very attentive. Had a delicious bleu cheese salad. However, I was disappointed in my entree - the small filet. When I told my waiter that I didn't like the accompanying bechamel sauce and asked if maybe I could have some sort of butter sauce, his only response was would I like the bechamel on the side. The steak was cooked to my specification, but it was cold and tasteless. Luckily, I saved some of the bleu cheese from my salad to improve the overall flavor of the meat. Eating on the balcony with the view is rather exceptional thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xanadu3Dined on 8/1/2014Great location, light airy, courtyard view in historic building in The French Quarter. Wonderful menu selections. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still working on it.NOF99VIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a new Brennan's place - and they've done some really smart things: wines on tap, good meat entres, etc. And the atmosphere is great.
- Excellent Brunch OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2014Since the original Brennan's is currently closed, this Dickie Brennan restaurant has become our new favorite for Brunch when in New Orleans. My son is a shrimp and grits fanatic and these are his favorite. Also highly recommend the Brunch cocktails.Special Features: