616 St Peter St
New Orleans, LA 70116Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tableaufrenchquarter.com/
- Phone: 5049343463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
11:30AM - 10:00PM
Tableau is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Brunch is served on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Ben Thibodeaux
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Tableau features 5 private dining rooms, accommodating 15 to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mary McGee Tilloy 5045218310x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Brunch on Sundays.
- Cross Street: Chartres
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The restaurant is located on picturesque Jackson Square, at the corner of St. Peter Street and Chartres Street. Please allow extra time for parking or traveling into the heart of the French Quarter.
Parking is available at several nearby parking garages including, Premium Parking at 616 Toulouse Street and 535 Chartres Street, Central Parking at 528 Chartres Street, or French Market Parking Lot- located along the River behind French Market retail shops on Decatur Street.
A word from Tableau
Located in the heart of the French Quarter, on the corner of Jackson Square, Tableau is Dickie Brennan's latest production and features lauded Louisiana Creole dishes prepared by talented chef, Ben Thibodeaux and his equally talented culinary team. Look for traditional Creole dishes with an updated approach. A star of the menu is the ten or more traditional French sauces made daily by the expert house saucier. Enjoy courtyard dining, as well as balcony dining with some of the best views in the Quarter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tableau - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Tableau reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)special occasion (90)romantic (73)scenic view (67)good for groups (57)great for outdoor dining (56)neighborhood gem (46)great for lunch (38)great for brunch (34)hot spot (30)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great spot in the French QuarterrussellcbrownDined on 10/28/2014Had a wonderful business dinner at this restaurant. The food was exceptional as was the service. We had a variety of appetizers and entrees, and we were pleased with all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Too hot to have floor-to-ceiling windows open. It was hot and humid that night. We were also seated in the bar area and it was loud.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I chose to eat here because someone I know works in the kitchen and was raving about how good the food is. I chose this restaurant also for a special occasion night out. It is a very classy atmosphere with a great location. The staff was incredibly accommodating and nice. I arrived earlier than my reservation but was seated early. I ordered the Tableau Lemonade, which was amazing, the steak tartare, the stone ground grits, the rib eye steak, and the "hot" chocolate. Everything was delicious and brought out promptly and hot. I am definitely planning on a second visit. Thank you to everyone involved in making that one of the best experiences with food that I have had yet!Special Features:
- AmazingFridayfourVIPDined on 10/24/2014First time visit recommend by a local freind. One of the best meals I have experienced anywhere. Had the red fish and was perfect with some of the best grits and spinich you could imagine. Topped off with a chocolate pot of pudding that was incredible. The service was real friendly and very timely. Will be back next time ole miss plays lsu if not before. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmgp1981VIPDined on 10/23/2014Services were great. I enjoyed the setting and the location. The food demi portions were great. Loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!NolaLoverDined on 10/20/2014We discovered Tableau while walking around the French Quarter and decided to go for our wedding anniversary dinner. The food and service were exceptional as was our table on the balcony overlooking Jackson Square. We enjoyed our dinner so much we actually went back on the last night of our trip and had a table in the courtyard which we also loved. Highly recommend the Les Petite Filet Mignons as well as Chicken Tableau. We also had the Crepe of the Day both nights and they were both delicious.Special Features:
- Charmingpjw330VIPDined on 10/20/2014We dined in the courtyard as the weather was perfect. The beautiful fountain bubbled gently nearby giving us a quiet and peaceful ambiance as we enjoyed our meal. We dined at lunchtime. Although the selections were limited, our choices were delicious and ample for noontime. We had one small issue that was quickly remedied, though not by management as it should have been. However, our server was friendly and efficient. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience meriting a return visit someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodDaRodDined on 10/18/2014We both got the filet mignon and frites. it was delicious! will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated but lackingrothom7984Dined on 10/17/2014The restaraunt had amazing ambiance, however two things were disappointing; first, the outside balcony seating which overlooked the cathedral, park, and carriages were reserved for others even though we already had reservations. Second and most important, the food was not very satisfying; our turtle soup and seafood stew was 'spiced' but only in a peppery way, there wasn't much other flavor. However, our waitress was superb and the atmosphere was very sheek.
- 1st Visit to TableauBerkVIPDined on 10/16/2014Weather forecast was great, so looking for a place with great food and outside seating. The porch at Tableau proved to be just the place. Wedding parade during the early part of our dinner, jazz group out on the street a little later. Fantastic service and very good dinner. Certainly will include this in places I would like to return to when we are back in NO's the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in the QuarteryycwesDined on 10/16/2014wonderful dining right off Jackson Square. We were lucky enough to be there to watch a newly married couple march through the restaurant with their second line. Fun treat.Special Features:
- Very good!FQGirlVIPDined on 10/14/2014This is a perfect place to bring out of town guests for a nice lunch in the Quarter. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & great viewGBM3Dined on 10/12/2014Had a great seat on the balcony. Romantic dinner in the evening overlooking Jackson Square. Great wine list and superb service. The food was inventive, and maybe pushing the envelope some what. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014have been to Tableau twice before and everything was very nice, fine dining, fab service. however, Sunday evening it took twenty minutes just to get a drink. it was 5:30 so not very busy at all. then we ordered a bottle of wine and 15 mins later the waiter told us they were out. so we opted for two glasses of wine instead. the fried oysters were much too small to be on the menu. crepe dejour was good. the service was just not up to the standard it should have been. the entree could've been a bit hotter as well. prices are high so for the cost of everything almost two hundred for two expectations are higher and and should be delivered consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2014We love Tableau's menu and visit pretty often. I especially love the egg dishes, Hussarde in particular. The ambiance is wonderful and we love to have a cocktail on the balcony prior to dinner. Your servers are very friendly but don't seem to understand the importance of being attentive to the diners. I have often had to flag down a waiter to get help when they should be watching unobtrusively. This is really the only downside to your beautiful restaurant!
- Great food and servicemamanashDined on 10/11/2014Loved the ambiance and the special attention I received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedJCfromNODined on 10/11/2014We requested a certain table two months in advance, were thirty minutes late for our reservation, they had no problem holding there best table until we arrived. We had party of six, service was prompt, but not over bearing, had 5 apps all were perfect, best French Onion soup I ever had. Me and wife split the tournedos with fois Gras, highly recommend. Cocktails were good and the wine list was very nice. We will be back!Special Features:
- Flavorful food, and . . .wwpnolaDined on 10/11/2014The quality of the food is excellent. The sauces are great. The wait staff is friendly. Unfortunately, the apparent dysfunction/inefficiency of the kitchen drops the overall rating. I think as a tourist destination, Tableau is great and is probably very staisying. As a local however, waiting 45 minutes for our appetizers is appropriate. There are too many other places to go. I definitely recommend Tableau for tourists who are staying in/near The Quarter. This however is not a routine destination restaurant for locals.Special Features:
- Excellent Lunchtime FindFunLunchtimeVisitDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed a nice lunch overlooking Jacksons Square. We ate outside on the balcony. It was hot, but enjoyable if you like watching people. The food was good. Looks like a nice place for dinner. We had a wonderful chicken meal and gumbo soup. Waitress was very nice. Would highly recommend paying a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for conversationMikeDined on 10/10/2014We were meeting two friends who we hadn't seen for ten years. The ambience and service were excellent, and it was easy to have a "catch-up" conversation. Food was tasty and fresh. All told, this was a lovely evening, and Tableau played its part very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third TryguideDined on 10/7/2014Wonderful dining experience on Oct. 7!! Delicious food, attentive service, beautiful view.....all made for a memorable experience. We even got a tour of upstairs, wine room, & private dining rooms :) As a local, I'd like to think everyone is treated royally!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great finddcamp425Dined on 10/2/2014We went to this restaurant largely based on a yelp review and were really glad we did. We met early at the upstairs bar where they had a great happy hour (until 7) and then headed downstairs for dinner. The appetizers were great, inexpensive, and varied. The entrees were also regional, tasty, and modern. Our server upstairs for happy hour (thanks Clarence) made a recommendation about what entree to have (the petite filet on a bed of fries, was really well done and very good. I also got a side order of shrimp and mushrooms, which went very nicely with the dinner. The desert was the hit of the night, largely because that is my wife's favorite course. She had the chocolate cake, which was really good. The place was alot of fun thanks Maynard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visits.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014The food was good but not great like before, the service was average. They didn't have a bottle of champagne that I ordered, so the brought two splits instead. That was fine, except the splits had not been chilled. I looked forward to the chefs crepe, but it was folded like an omelet and wasn't fresh. A big disappointment this time.
- Food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2014Delicious. We were there for lunch on a Monday and were the only people there. That prob contributed to lack of ambience, to be fair. Service ok. Menu awesome, wish I could've tried more items.
- Glad we wentHowardr48VIPDined on 9/28/2014Tableau is an excellent restaurant for local New Cuisine. My wife and I started with the turtle soup (wife) and I had the duck and andouille sausage gumbo. I am not a turtle soup fan, but my wife pronounced it excellent as was the gumbo. My wife had a seafood salad and I redfish meuniere which we enjoyed. All in all a good choice among many restaurants in NO.Special Features:
- Another great experience!RobRVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I entertained one of her work acquaintances from Calgary this past Saturday. We decided on brunch after a late night in the French Quarter and were not disappointed. There's a note in the computer that says we request Cordero to be out waiter everytime we dine there if he's working. Luckily he was and he made our meal very special for our guests. We had our usual items: truffled crab fingers, turtle soup, grits and grillades (a local dish that everyone must try) among other things. I was disappointed to hear that the escargot had been taken off the menu, but they tell me it will be replaced by something just as spectacular soon.Special Features:
- Another Brennan's restaurantkgnolaDined on 9/28/2014We love going to the French Quarter and trying new restaurants. We went to Tableau to celebrate my husband's birthday. While the food did not WOW us, it was very good. A bit pricey for brunch, but probably no more than any other fine dining restaurants. The desserts are very original and delicious. Advice, only order half as many at your table and share.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014Outstanding highly recommended - a must while in New Orleans!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 9/24/2014The food was excellent and the service was superb. All in all I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting our city or someone living in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visitKarlTDined on 9/24/2014I had to come back for the turtle soup! Very generous portions. Great location.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseBirthdaygirlDined on 9/23/2014We had lunch at Tableau with family from New Orleans. We sat outside on the balcony overlooking Jackson Square. The turtle soup and the duck and andouille gumbo were fantastic. The gumbo had so much duck meat in it. Salads and BLT sandwich were great too. The waitstaff were very attentive! Would definitely come back and try dinner. Hear the bar is great in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014First time to this newer restaurant and we were very pleased. Appetizers and fish entrees were excellent. Greta service and we will certainly return on our next tripo to NOLA.Special Features:
- SundayPoppaBruceVIPDined on 9/21/2014Tableau was not open for dinner - just bar food so we went the Dickie Brennan's SteakhouseSpecial Features:
- Worst Experience in New OrleansjulieVIPDined on 9/21/2014We were so excited to try Tableau for brunch. The allure of a beautiful setting and it being run by the Brennan's family enticed us. We are locals and have enjoyed countless great meals at all of their restaurants for 20+ years. Sadly, Tableau will go down as a "never again" and possibly the worst service and meal we have ever experienced ever. The service was terrible. It took our waiter 20 minutes to come to the table. Twenty minutes for three cocktails. And an hour and a half for three brunch entrees to arrive. Not acceptable as we were one of only three tables seated at the time. The food was so-so. Not the usual quality or presentation we have become accustomed to at a Brennan' establishment. Tableau was such a disappointment.
- Not what you'd expectFeejazzDined on 9/20/2014First obvious issue was the service; the waiters did not add value to the meal. 1) We asked about menu items and we received one word answers, like it's good. 2) We waited 15 minutes after every members meals were done for the table to be cleared. 3) Dishes were placed at the wrong person table setting (not a big deal, but not what you expect from a Brennan's establishment). 4) Our coffees and espressos arrived cold. 5) Desert dishes came out incomplete, the cake was supposed to be a la mode and they forgot the ice cream. 6) One dessert was totally forgotten, we reminded them, and they forgot again. At this point we just asked for the bill.
- WonderfulDinerDined on 9/20/2014We were in New Orleans for a conference, and wanted a fine dining experience that wasn't "stuffy." Tab,eat was a perfect choice. Our table was ready at the time reserved, the wait staff was professional but friendly, and fellow diners were friendly and fun. There was an extensive list of excellent, moderately-priced wines, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- DeliciousdinerrwDined on 9/20/2014We are locals and had friends visiting from TX. We chose Tableau since we enjoy all the Dickie Brennan restaurants. It was a great choice. Our visitors from TX raved about it. Everything was delicious and the service was Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The total experience was great, the noise level was a little high. The up stairs bar was outstanding and the view was really special. The up stairs dinning room and wine room will be something we will be calling for reservations in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balcony dining was the best partnolanativelivesintampaDined on 9/19/2014Service was not typical to a Dickie Brennan restaurant- it was not good at all. I loved the gumbo and shrimp and grits, however my guests were not very excited about their meals. Sof shell crab was cold and fish was pretty boring. Balcony dining was the best part, Jackson Square was the best part.Special Features:
- DisappointingLouisDined on 9/19/2014After a very pleasant experience a month before, We experienced a real letdown this visit. It was a special occasion - we were celebrating two birthdays. I called ahead of time to let them know that and asked if we could have cocktails on the patio ahead of time and also to put candles in their desserts and any thing else to make it a celebratory night. When we got there for cocktails, they said there was no room on the balcony. No mention was made at all about the birthdays and no candles were put on their desserts. My paneed veal was awful - tasteless and greasy fried mystery meat. The meals are plated like in a steakhouse- no extras on the plate at all - not a very appealing plate. Their sides were only fair as well.