616 St Peter St
New Orleans, LA 70116Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tableaufrenchquarter.com/
- Phone: (504) 934-3463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
11:30AM - 10:00PM
Tableau is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Brunch is served on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Ben Thibodeaux
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Tableau features 5 private dining rooms, accommodating 15 to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mary McGee Tilloy 5045218310x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Brunch on Sundays.
- Cross Street: Chartres
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The restaurant is located on picturesque Jackson Square, at the corner of St. Peter Street and Chartres Street. Please allow extra time for parking or traveling into the heart of the French Quarter.
Parking is available at several nearby parking garages including, Premium Parking at 616 Toulouse Street and 535 Chartres Street, Central Parking at 528 Chartres Street, or French Market Parking Lot- located along the River behind French Market retail shops on Decatur Street.
A word from Tableau
Located in the heart of the French Quarter, on the corner of Jackson Square, Tableau is Dickie Brennan's latest production and features lauded Louisiana Creole dishes prepared by talented chef, Ben Thibodeaux and his equally talented culinary team. Look for traditional Creole dishes with an updated approach. A star of the menu is the ten or more traditional French sauces made daily by the expert house saucier. Enjoy courtyard dining, as well as balcony dining with some of the best views in the Quarter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tableau - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Tableau reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (95)romantic (80)great for outdoor dining (69)good for groups (68)scenic view (68)neighborhood gem (58)great for lunch (41)great for brunch (36)notable wine list (35)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Perfect Spot for a Great Brunch & ViewCCRoDined on 11/17/2014From the appetizer, to the entree, to the dessert, everything we ordered was so delicious. The service was fast & our waitress was very attentive & informative of any questions we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good musisc good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014This was a great place to hear music while having a relaxing lunch. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow on the uptakemapmakerDined on 11/16/2014I made an open table reservation here for brunch. The staff acted surprised, we were herded into an upstairs bar and I had to get the bar tender to seat us. Then we managed to get a cocktail and sat for over 20 minutes before anyone noticed. Then we went through 3 different folks all saying "were sorry" and finally the captain showed up and took our order. The food was great, and once we got things going it was all good. I would advise not going here unless you have time to sit around and wait awhile. Think of it as "an old New Orleans tradition".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funJoeyDined on 11/13/2014Courtney, our server, was knowledgable, personable and had great timing. Will request her next time I make a reservation. The turtle soup was waaay on the spicy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tableau was spectacular!!laladinerVIPDined on 11/10/2014We sat next to the sidewalk where they open the windows/doors! It was a beautiful evening and the Turtle Soup was delicious! DickieSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My second time here. Service was very slow this time. Gumbo was very disappointing - bland and not much seafood.Special Features:
- not so good servicelovethechocolateDined on 11/9/2014We had 2 servers and still didnt get much attention. Not one refill on our coffee. A soda went with out refill. Took awhile to take our dessert order and even longer to bring us a check. Normally your service is top rate. I had friends in from out of town and wanted to bring them to a great place. Im happy the food was so good, if not the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/9/2014We were a little disappointed with this restaurant which looked nice and had a good looking menu. The service was attentive. Our appetitizers were a highlight, especially the crab ravigote, but my flounder almondine was dry and probably overcooked. The pumpkin ice cream was good! We would be unlikely to go back as there are so many good restaurants to choose from in New Orleans.
- Awesome!CanadianaDined on 11/8/2014The food here is spectacular! You will enjoy the surroundings as well as the service, we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and our meal was nothing short of amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never go backDinerDined on 11/8/2014The whole experience was awful. I arrived at the restaurant with a reservation. Even though I checked in, I watched numbers of people be seated while I waited for fifteen minutes after the time I was supposed to be seated. In fact, it took three reminders that I was in the restaurant to be seated. The food was, at kindest, indifferent and was in truth pretty bad. Everything was roughly the same temperature, including steaks and salads. It appeared that the food was simply left sitting until someone finally thought to bring it. We were not offered refills on our drinks. This was the second time we had a REALLY poor experience in this restaurant. I won't be returning.
- Great placeMsCrabVIPDined on 11/6/2014We throughly enjoy our dinner at Tableau. Our food was great, server was tremendously attentive. They were very busy but we never felt rushed or hurried. The atmosphere was romantic but very lively. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- ExcellentFromMemphisDined on 11/5/2014Staff did a great job. Turtle Soup was some of the best I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our anniversaryNightoutonthetownDined on 11/4/2014Beautiful surroundings, exquisite service and delicious food. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alfresco dining so nice!DelightedSusanVIPDined on 11/4/2014We were in town on business and had the opportunity to go to lunch with a friend who lives near NOLA. The weather was nice, so she suggested a place with a courtyard, and it was very nice. The menu offered some demi portions, and that made it possible to try more things! My turtle soup was wonderful, and my husband's duck and andouille gumbo was really tasty. Everything was very nice....it wasn't real crowded...a weekday, but it was very intimate and peaceful. I am anxious to go back for dinner!Special Features:
- Brunch at TableauTakesOneToKnowOneDined on 11/2/2014The food was great and the servers were nice, though we had a few issues with what is supposed to be fancy fine-dining service. Like the fact that they brought out the food for two of us at the table at least 10+ minutes before the third person's dish came out. And a few other things. But still overall it was a good experience and we enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved TableauTucsonHHDined on 11/2/2014I had seen Tableau but hadn't realized that it is now full time restaurant. As part of the building where the Petite Theater is located, there had seemed to be things going on in that space off and on over the years - I'm an at least annual visitor to New Orleans. Now, however, Dickie Brennan has made another wonderful restaurant in this space. I had no idea that a courtyard was included until I walked inside - a lovely spot to sit and eat. I had Eggs Hussarde - I loved that I could have a demi portion and it was truly wonderful. I then had room for dessert. The choices for dessert were excellent so it was hard to pick but I thoroughly enjoyed though couldn't quite finish the tart with vanilla custard. A wonderful spot for Brunch.Special Features:
- Great Place - We'll be Back!Halloween2014Dined on 10/31/2014We had our reservation on Halloween night. We were running a little late and they held the table for us after a quick call. Other reviews noted that it took a very long time to receive their food. Our drinks, appetizers, and entrees were all brought out in a timely manner. The food was very good and the portion size was plenty. Pricing was also very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LilliDined on 10/31/2014La table était située dans le passage, en plein courant d'air. Le minuscule tournedos rossini couvert de sauce et de bacon, impossible de trouver le bout de foie gras. Le gâteau au chocolat complètement sec, seul le pain était vraiment délicieux.
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Four sophisticated palates all enjoyed the food immensely. Two starters, four entrees, two desserts were great; one side was less successful. Lovely atmosphere, too noisy like most newer restaurants, however. Thx for great evening!Special Features:
- Great spot in the French QuarterrussellcbrownDined on 10/28/2014Had a wonderful business dinner at this restaurant. The food was exceptional as was the service. We had a variety of appetizers and entrees, and we were pleased with all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Too hot to have floor-to-ceiling windows open. It was hot and humid that night. We were also seated in the bar area and it was loud.
- Wonderful experienceAMarieDined on 10/25/2014I chose to eat here because someone I know works in the kitchen and was raving about how good the food is. I chose this restaurant also for a special occasion night out. It is a very classy atmosphere with a great location. The staff was incredibly accommodating and nice. I arrived earlier than my reservation but was seated early. I ordered the Tableau Lemonade, which was amazing, the steak tartare, the stone ground grits, the rib eye steak, and the "hot" chocolate. Everything was delicious and brought out promptly and hot. I am definitely planning on a second visit. Thank you to everyone involved in making that one of the best experiences with food that I have had yet!Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014Just another wonderful Brennan restaurant. Everything was delicious, beautifully plated. The shrimp asparagus salad, the shrimp and grits, just amazing. Loved the bread, can hardly wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFridayfourVIPDined on 10/24/2014First time visit recommend by a local freind. One of the best meals I have experienced anywhere. Had the red fish and was perfect with some of the best grits and spinich you could imagine. Topped off with a chocolate pot of pudding that was incredible. The service was real friendly and very timely. Will be back next time ole miss plays lsu if not before. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmgp1981VIPDined on 10/23/2014Services were great. I enjoyed the setting and the location. The food demi portions were great. Loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!NolaLoverDined on 10/20/2014We discovered Tableau while walking around the French Quarter and decided to go for our wedding anniversary dinner. The food and service were exceptional as was our table on the balcony overlooking Jackson Square. We enjoyed our dinner so much we actually went back on the last night of our trip and had a table in the courtyard which we also loved. Highly recommend the Les Petite Filet Mignons as well as Chicken Tableau. We also had the Crepe of the Day both nights and they were both delicious.Special Features:
- Charmingpjw330VIPDined on 10/20/2014We dined in the courtyard as the weather was perfect. The beautiful fountain bubbled gently nearby giving us a quiet and peaceful ambiance as we enjoyed our meal. We dined at lunchtime. Although the selections were limited, our choices were delicious and ample for noontime. We had one small issue that was quickly remedied, though not by management as it should have been. However, our server was friendly and efficient. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience meriting a return visit someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodDaRodDined on 10/18/2014We both got the filet mignon and frites. it was delicious! will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated but lackingrothom7984Dined on 10/17/2014The restaraunt had amazing ambiance, however two things were disappointing; first, the outside balcony seating which overlooked the cathedral, park, and carriages were reserved for others even though we already had reservations. Second and most important, the food was not very satisfying; our turtle soup and seafood stew was 'spiced' but only in a peppery way, there wasn't much other flavor. However, our waitress was superb and the atmosphere was very sheek.
- 1st Visit to TableauBerkVIPDined on 10/16/2014Weather forecast was great, so looking for a place with great food and outside seating. The porch at Tableau proved to be just the place. Wedding parade during the early part of our dinner, jazz group out on the street a little later. Fantastic service and very good dinner. Certainly will include this in places I would like to return to when we are back in NO's the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in the QuarteryycwesDined on 10/16/2014wonderful dining right off Jackson Square. We were lucky enough to be there to watch a newly married couple march through the restaurant with their second line. Fun treat.Special Features:
- Very good!FQGirlVIPDined on 10/14/2014This is a perfect place to bring out of town guests for a nice lunch in the Quarter. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & great viewGBM3Dined on 10/12/2014Had a great seat on the balcony. Romantic dinner in the evening overlooking Jackson Square. Great wine list and superb service. The food was inventive, and maybe pushing the envelope some what. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014have been to Tableau twice before and everything was very nice, fine dining, fab service. however, Sunday evening it took twenty minutes just to get a drink. it was 5:30 so not very busy at all. then we ordered a bottle of wine and 15 mins later the waiter told us they were out. so we opted for two glasses of wine instead. the fried oysters were much too small to be on the menu. crepe dejour was good. the service was just not up to the standard it should have been. the entree could've been a bit hotter as well. prices are high so for the cost of everything almost two hundred for two expectations are higher and and should be delivered consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2014We love Tableau's menu and visit pretty often. I especially love the egg dishes, Hussarde in particular. The ambiance is wonderful and we love to have a cocktail on the balcony prior to dinner. Your servers are very friendly but don't seem to understand the importance of being attentive to the diners. I have often had to flag down a waiter to get help when they should be watching unobtrusively. This is really the only downside to your beautiful restaurant!
- Great food and servicemamanashDined on 10/11/2014Loved the ambiance and the special attention I received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedJCfromNODined on 10/11/2014We requested a certain table two months in advance, were thirty minutes late for our reservation, they had no problem holding there best table until we arrived. We had party of six, service was prompt, but not over bearing, had 5 apps all were perfect, best French Onion soup I ever had. Me and wife split the tournedos with fois Gras, highly recommend. Cocktails were good and the wine list was very nice. We will be back!Special Features:
- Flavorful food, and . . .wwpnolaDined on 10/11/2014The quality of the food is excellent. The sauces are great. The wait staff is friendly. Unfortunately, the apparent dysfunction/inefficiency of the kitchen drops the overall rating. I think as a tourist destination, Tableau is great and is probably very staisying. As a local however, waiting 45 minutes for our appetizers is appropriate. There are too many other places to go. I definitely recommend Tableau for tourists who are staying in/near The Quarter. This however is not a routine destination restaurant for locals.Special Features:
- Excellent Lunchtime FindFunLunchtimeVisitDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed a nice lunch overlooking Jacksons Square. We ate outside on the balcony. It was hot, but enjoyable if you like watching people. The food was good. Looks like a nice place for dinner. We had a wonderful chicken meal and gumbo soup. Waitress was very nice. Would highly recommend paying a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for conversationMikeDined on 10/10/2014We were meeting two friends who we hadn't seen for ten years. The ambience and service were excellent, and it was easy to have a "catch-up" conversation. Food was tasty and fresh. All told, this was a lovely evening, and Tableau played its part very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.