616 St Peter St
New Orleans, LA 70116Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tableaufrenchquarter.com/
- Phone: 5049343463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
11:30AM - 10:00PM
Tableau is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Brunch is served on Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French, Creole
- Executive Chef: Ben Thibodeaux
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Tableau features 5 private dining rooms, accommodating 15 to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mary McGee Tilloy 5045218310x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Brunch on Sundays.
- Cross Street: Chartres
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The restaurant is located on picturesque Jackson Square, at the corner of St. Peter Street and Chartres Street. Please allow extra time for parking or traveling into the heart of the French Quarter.
Parking is available at several nearby parking garages including, Premium Parking at 616 Toulouse Street and 535 Chartres Street, Central Parking at 528 Chartres Street, or French Market Parking Lot- located along the River behind French Market retail shops on Decatur Street.
A word from Tableau
Located in the heart of the French Quarter, on the corner of Jackson Square, Tableau is Dickie Brennan's latest production and features lauded Louisiana Creole dishes prepared by talented chef, Ben Thibodeaux and his equally talented culinary team. Look for traditional Creole dishes with an updated approach. A star of the menu is the ten or more traditional French sauces made daily by the expert house saucier. Enjoy courtyard dining, as well as balcony dining with some of the best views in the Quarter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tableau - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Tableau reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)special occasion (83)romantic (69)scenic view (64)good for groups (47)great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (40)great for brunch (31)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (26)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Another great experience!RobRDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I entertained one of her work acquaintances from Calgary this past Saturday. We decided on brunch after a late night in the French Quarter and were not disappointed. There's a note in the computer that says we request Cordero to be out waiter everytime we dine there if he's working. Luckily he was and he made our meal very special for our guests. We had our usual items: truffled crab fingers, turtle soup, grits and grillades (a local dish that everyone must try) among other things. I was disappointed to hear that the escargot had been taken off the menu, but they tell me it will be replaced by something just as spectacular soon.Special Features:
- Another Brennan's restaurantkgnolaDined on 9/28/2014We love going to the French Quarter and trying new restaurants. We went to Tableau to celebrate my husband's birthday. While the food did not WOW us, it was very good. A bit pricey for brunch, but probably no more than any other fine dining restaurants. The desserts are very original and delicious. Advice, only order half as many at your table and share.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014Outstanding highly recommended - a must while in New Orleans!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 9/24/2014The food was excellent and the service was superb. All in all I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting our city or someone living in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visitKarlTDined on 9/24/2014I had to come back for the turtle soup! Very generous portions. Great location.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseBirthdaygirlDined on 9/23/2014We had lunch at Tableau with family from New Orleans. We sat outside on the balcony overlooking Jackson Square. The turtle soup and the duck and andouille gumbo were fantastic. The gumbo had so much duck meat in it. Salads and BLT sandwich were great too. The waitstaff were very attentive! Would definitely come back and try dinner. Hear the bar is great in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014First time to this newer restaurant and we were very pleased. Appetizers and fish entrees were excellent. Greta service and we will certainly return on our next tripo to NOLA.Special Features:
- SundayPoppaBruceDined on 9/21/2014Tableau was not open for dinner - just bar food so we went the Dickie Brennan's SteakhouseSpecial Features:
- Worst Experience in New OrleansjulieVIPDined on 9/21/2014We were so excited to try Tableau for brunch. The allure of a beautiful setting and it being run by the Brennan's family enticed us. We are locals and have enjoyed countless great meals at all of their restaurants for 20+ years. Sadly, Tableau will go down as a "never again" and possibly the worst service and meal we have ever experienced ever. The service was terrible. It took our waiter 20 minutes to come to the table. Twenty minutes for three cocktails. And an hour and a half for three brunch entrees to arrive. Not acceptable as we were one of only three tables seated at the time. The food was so-so. Not the usual quality or presentation we have become accustomed to at a Brennan' establishment. Tableau was such a disappointment.
- Not what you'd expectFeejazzDined on 9/20/2014First obvious issue was the service; the waiters did not add value to the meal. 1) We asked about menu items and we received one word answers, like it's good. 2) We waited 15 minutes after every members meals were done for the table to be cleared. 3) Dishes were placed at the wrong person table setting (not a big deal, but not what you expect from a Brennan's establishment). 4) Our coffees and espressos arrived cold. 5) Desert dishes came out incomplete, the cake was supposed to be a la mode and they forgot the ice cream. 6) One dessert was totally forgotten, we reminded them, and they forgot again. At this point we just asked for the bill.
- WonderfulDinerDined on 9/20/2014We were in New Orleans for a conference, and wanted a fine dining experience that wasn't "stuffy." Tab,eat was a perfect choice. Our table was ready at the time reserved, the wait staff was professional but friendly, and fellow diners were friendly and fun. There was an extensive list of excellent, moderately-priced wines, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- DeliciousdinerrwDined on 9/20/2014We are locals and had friends visiting from TX. We chose Tableau since we enjoy all the Dickie Brennan restaurants. It was a great choice. Our visitors from TX raved about it. Everything was delicious and the service was Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The total experience was great, the noise level was a little high. The up stairs bar was outstanding and the view was really special. The up stairs dinning room and wine room will be something we will be calling for reservations in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balcony dining was the best partnolanativelivesintampaDined on 9/19/2014Service was not typical to a Dickie Brennan restaurant- it was not good at all. I loved the gumbo and shrimp and grits, however my guests were not very excited about their meals. Sof shell crab was cold and fish was pretty boring. Balcony dining was the best part, Jackson Square was the best part.Special Features:
- DisappointingLouisDined on 9/19/2014After a very pleasant experience a month before, We experienced a real letdown this visit. It was a special occasion - we were celebrating two birthdays. I called ahead of time to let them know that and asked if we could have cocktails on the patio ahead of time and also to put candles in their desserts and any thing else to make it a celebratory night. When we got there for cocktails, they said there was no room on the balcony. No mention was made at all about the birthdays and no candles were put on their desserts. My paneed veal was awful - tasteless and greasy fried mystery meat. The meals are plated like in a steakhouse- no extras on the plate at all - not a very appealing plate. Their sides were only fair as well.
- Tableau is...JPTexanVIPDined on 9/19/2014...as it always is... Wonderful! And still surprising! We dined with another couple in The Library for the first time, an elegant room upstairs that has a more regal feel than the rest of the restaurant. It is a great room for quiet or romantic dining. The Shrimp and Grits is still my wife's favorite and the cocktails are spot on. We keep returning to Tableau and will continue to do so as they deliver high quality of food and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014The food was OK - nothing exceptional. Our male server had a real attitude - was terse and acted like he did not want to be there. He asked about our food as if he was forced to do it and actually walked away while we were answering the question. We are locals are used to better treatment.
- Good... but in a town like this...oltexanDined on 9/15/2014Tableau is a beautiful new restaurant in the Jackson Square area that I find a bit puzzling. Coming out of the Dickie Brennan group, the food is always good and service is excellent but the food is just classic Nola offerings for the most part, if a bit light on seafood. The real question is 'why would I go here rather than say Gallatoire's or even Muriel's, a couple of blocks away?' Don't get me wrong... my tourneudos with foie gras were great and my wife's red fish Amandine was quite good, so only time will tell if Tableau will work its way permanently into the top echelon of classic Nola restaurants that we keep coming back for.Special Features:
- Good place to eatfberruetoDined on 9/13/2014Second time over there. Great dinner option. Good service, great meal and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We had dinner at Tableau. The food was perfect. We started wit the Oysters en Brochette. Each oyster was a perfect bite. For entrees we had the Eggs Hussarde and the BBQ Shrimp & Grits. The Eggs Hussarde was a true gem and the Shrimp & Grits had a BBQ sauce that we just had to eat with a spoon. The service was at Tableau was equally as good as the food. On out next trip to New Orleans Tableau will be our first stop for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pre-theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Always great. Flour less chocolate cake to die for! Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocremellemel5Dined on 9/7/2014The food and atmosphere were quite mediocre. I was disappointed and really wanted to enjoy myself. The staff were perfectly nice and attentive. This is NOT a place for foodies.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant great serviceGeauxDined on 9/6/2014Great location on the square reasonably priced good wine selection. Half portions let you try several items Oysters were awesome. Veal I had was very tender but I thought it was too heavily breaded which when fried was a bit greasy for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceMissSippieDined on 9/6/2014We had a party of 5 on a Saturday night at 7:30. The restaurant had several open tables so they were not crazy busy and we noticed servers standing around talking. Cocktails were delivered wrong, water was never refilled, had to ask for more bread and the food took for ever! The whole experience took over 2 and a half hours! Separate from the service issue, the food was not that impressive. I had been to Tableau the first month they opened and had a similar experience. I chalked it up to "new restaurant needs to work out the kinks". It was no better this time around. There are so many wonderful restaurant options in New Orleans so 2 strikes means Tableau is out for me.
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014I can always count on Tableau for really good food and service. I especially love the Eggs Hussarde, great value and so delicious.
- Perfect for Pre TheatreCristenDined on 9/6/2014Our high expectations for a Brennan restaurant were met and exceeded here. We had the shrimp remoulade, seafood gumbo, filet of beef bearnaise, and paneed veal. All were delicious except the veal was slightly dry. The service was impeccable and the dining room is tastefully and pleasantly decorated. It has a very warm ambience we found very relaxing and inviting. I would highly recommend this place if you're going to the theatre next door as they have a special reasonably priced pre theatre menu.Special Features:
- If you can, sit up on the balcony!TNGnashvilleVIPDined on 9/5/2014What an amazing location to sit on a balcony! We sat overlooking Jackson Square and had amazing music playing from below. It wasn't too loud which made the evening great for conversations. The champagne cocktail was amazing and I have been craving it for days! Very refreshing for hot NOLA. The filet medallions were perfect and to top off the meal our dessert was amazing too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!dec5BirthdayDined on 9/5/2014Love sitting on balcony overlooking Jackson Square! My husband & I love the turtle soup and marinated crab claws! Always consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service marrs experienceBritguyDined on 8/31/2014A friend and I booked a table for dinner at 9pm. We arrived on time but were required to wait a short time while a table was found. Having ordered two straightforward cocktails, we were then subjected to a wait of 25 minutes before they reached the table. The food, while tasty, was cold and the staff were unmotivated. One waiter seemed incapable of taking an order and following it through to completion. It was a deeply frustrating experience.
- New Orleans visitTommyDined on 8/30/2014Made special seat request on OPen table and it was honored and made the night with best table in the place! Food very good but I wouldn't say over the top. Gorgeous room, great presentation. Wine list was just ok. Not great selection of wines by glass including sparkling by glass, no red zin, and other whites that i liked offered by glass.Special Features:
- TableauDinnerMikeCDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointing. It came highly recommended to me but did not deliver. My Filet Bernaise was cooked properly but was warm not hot. As were my son's lamb chops. The lamb chop filets were very small. I could find nicer chops at Sam's. My wife's duck was undercooked. I was looking for a nice, bold red wine, but could not find one, even after tasting several samples. Settled on the Malbec, which was OK but not as bold as I wanted. I had noted in my reservation that this was a combination birthday/anniversary dinner, but there was no mention by the staff, song, or anything special. After 2nd comment, manager did reduce the bill to compensate for the steak. On the positive side, atmosphere was nice. Staff friendly.Special Features:
- Gumbo to die for.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Beautifully renovated restaurant right in the middle of all the action. Our server Alice changed a fantastic meal into a dining experience we will not soon forget. She is a gem. The specialty drinks (especially one called 'Just As Well') should not be missed. They are unique and delicious. This was my second visit and there will be many more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Food delivered to the wrong people, we were left to sort it out.
- a "go to" placeRandyDined on 8/27/2014We enjoy Tableau every visit...the food is high end without breaking the bank...highly recommend a starter, then French onion soup or gumbo followed by the eggs hussarde (takes me back to breakfast at Brennans) while we've enjoyed this dish during evening dining...atmosphere and service are impressive...one of best secrets in town is their French grenache red blend wine served by the carafe "on tap"...we collect wine and find this is a wonderful selection that nets out for unser $4 per glass...and its very very good...we visit about every other month, especially when entertainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a play!catwinksDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good, the plates we had were just the right size to allow us to also enjoy coffee and dessert afterwards. Then we walked next door to see a play ! We both enjoyed everything. For those of you from out of town, its just on the corner of Jackson Square ! Great view.Special Features:
- Super small fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We order off the pre fix theater menu. Gulf fish? I have never seen a piece of fish that small. The "hot" chocolate dessert would have been excellent without the over-powering cayenne. The cayenne did nothing for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tableau Dining ExperienceSaucyDined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent and the restaurant was very charming, however; myself and my friends were not overwhelmed by the food. The gumbo was good in flavor, but only had one shrimp and a little crab. The shrimp po'boy was light on the shrimp, slightly dry, and only moderate in flavor. The fries were cold. Another friend had the shrimp and grits... fabulous. As foodies and first time visitors to the restaurant, we were somewhat disappointed in the food, but loved the atmosphere.
- Outstanding placeGiGi4Dined on 8/25/2014Great dining experience. The Fried squash blossoms were a real treat.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Super food and service, anything with their BBQ sauce on it is worth getting !Special Features:
- Location PerfectOutToLunchDined on 8/23/2014Weather was hot but wanted to eat out on the porch anyway and so glad we did. We had a bird's eye view of the entertainment on the street. The service was professional and only showed up when we needed something, didn't hoover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.