903 N St. NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabledc.com/
- Phone: 2025885200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Frederik De Pue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Table
Drawing on classic European sensibilities, Table provides a simple and comfortable neighborhood dining experience. The changing menu focuses on fresh, seasonal ingredients and offer approachable yet innovative dishes suitable for every palate. Table represents a return to an old world, small-scale dining experience that emphasizes honest, delicious food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Table - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Table reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (100)special occasion (70)great for outdoor dining (54)romantic (46)notable wine list (29)great for brunch (23)hot spot (22)good for groups (16)great for lunch (10)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great for the adventurous paletteLocalDinerDined on 9/17/2014Seating is cozy - you will be close to the table next to you. The cheese and charcuterie selections were excellent, as were the first courses. The entrees were presented very well, and tasted excellent. Only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that of the 10 options on the menu, only 1-2 appealed to me. My fault for not checking before dining. I ordered the beef, and it was excellent. I understand that menu offerings rotate with the season, and I would plan to go again, but will check the menu before making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014I trust Open Table for recommendations when visiting a city and looking for lunch places that are unique and rated highly. Table was a short walk from the Washington Convention Center so we decided to try. The neighborhood is under consturction and smelled less than pleasant. At noon we arrived at Table, and the down stairs dining area was dark and had delivered food sitting around. We asked to sit upstairs on the patio. Service was terrible. There was only one service person, we did not get food until at least 45 minutes after arriving. we order the pizza as a shared starer. While the taste was good, the waitress could have mentioned that the "pizza" was not a traditional pizza. Food was great, service was less than acceptable.
- Loved it!ilenavDined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing and the service outstanding. Recommend the beef tartar and the lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was late for lunch....KennellyDined on 9/12/2014But they were so gracious you'd never know! Hosting my out of town guest, kind welcome that made me feel like I was home, delightfully personal service and food quality that tops! In the flurry of talk in DC, this one is worth the hype. We enjoyed oysters, mussel salad, grilled avocado and wonderful coffee.Special Features:
- Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014Good, fairly simple food with some inventive combinations. Who would have thought of the octopus salad combination?! And the fennel ice cream was quite good with the strawberry dessert. Seating needs to be rethought, however. There are quite a few tables upstairs with only benches for chairs, No backs. This makes for progressively more uncomfortable seating as the evening continues, unless you snag a bench with a wall right behind you to use as the "chair" back.Special Features:
- fooddocVIPDined on 9/8/2014Excellent attentive service by the single waiter/host at lunch; accurate and imaginative descriptions of each item from the "mouthful of peaches" Sancerre to "hint of seafoam" fresh oysters and other items. The menu was imaginative, the items nicely coursed, served promptly, the food (oysters, salad, green gazpacho, fois gras mille feiulle, deconstructed pizza, beignets, passion fruit "Napolean) fresh, flavorful, beautifully constructed and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance with CareterrypVIPDined on 9/8/2014I get some of the criticism about portion sizes, prices, but I am willing to live with them when the ingredients are sparkling fresh, the mix of color, texture and taste is spot on, and there is so much care in the preparation and presentation. A shared mussel salad featured perfectly cooked and sized mussels with an uni dressing, a few little necks, a sea flan (lovely), and what I think was tiny bits of pickled salsify. A lovely veal sweetbread, lightly crisp outside, creamy in, came with smears of charred eggplant sauce, cherry tomatoes, and summer squash. My companion's wild bass had roasted cauliflower, pearl onions, and a vibrant sauce. And don't forget to try the rose lemonade.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014My family and I had a terrific experience at Table. Every course was expertly prepared and beautifully presented. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Gorgeous outdoor spacePedsinDCDined on 9/7/2014We absolutely loved finding the rooftop patio for brunch- had been here previously before the patio was open- the food was again spectacular but the ambience of the patio added so much! We have been dreaming about one particular dish... Googled how to make "peanut butter cream" that they paired with peaches and mint on their waffle- can't find a good recipe so we will have to come back for the original!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014For two people, we ordered three starters, two entrees, and dessert, and left not feeling very full. Portions could be a little more generous (especially for the price) and service could be a tad faster. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Disappointing food/great atmospheresnp5200Dined on 9/5/2014Desserts were good, but we were disappointed in the rest, especially the entree courses but also appetizers were nothing special. The atmosphere is great, downstairs and upstairs... we hope the food improves!
- Great food, but don't come hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Dinner August 2014 - Had the foie and lamb. Both were excellent, but portions were small. In particular, the lamb did not warrant the hefty price tag: $35 for two rack pieces. Ambience and service were both good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit wasnt as Good as the 1stOpenTableReviewDined on 8/26/2014The menú was ok but my first visit here in Sept 2013 was far superior. They were doing something on the patio so outdoor seating wasn't possible. My reservation specifically requested patio seating so dissappointed they didn't tell me when they called twice to confirm my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014great food but pricey. brunch was not worth for money (very good but it was not spectacular!). over 100 USD for 2 including 2 coffees and 1 drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban ChicmrhattVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was good; decor urban trendy, nice overall and a little off the beaten pathSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, modern charm, light and airyMargaretonlineDined on 8/18/2014I found Table when I was looking for a restaurant near Bohemian Caverns that was open on Monday nights. It was the perfect spot for a summer evening dinner. We had a 6pm reservation, so it wasn't crowded, but it felt intimate and homey, not awkward. The kitchen staff was still doing last minute prep work and it was fun to be so close to the kitchen and see our meals as they were prepared. The food was great - green gazpacho appetizer and chocolate crème dessert were my two favorites. Portions were just right and the menu was handwritten and charming. I appreciated that the it was simple - no arcane descriptions that required googling. Loved that our server had a charming French accent. I'd definitely come back to dine on the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We went for resto week- which is something usually do NOT. Table was good! Meat and cheese YES and YES!!!! Mains were fine. Ice cream is ice cream. They got our firsts wrong- and my guest had an allergy so she was a little off put. Had to wait for her correct order. Server wasn't busy- restaurant was not nearly full. Maybe our order didn't interest him? I don't know- if I order a 67$ bottle to start that usually screams "hey!sell me something next!" Didn't happen. Boo!
- Great Food, Mediocre StaffDCbeerGirlDined on 8/17/2014We went during Restaurant Week 14 to try this place for the first time. Value wise, this was one of the better deals for dinner this year. We decided to order a charcuterie plate before our meal. The duck prosciutto was so delicious. My first issue came when we decided to order a bottle of wine. Our server had NO knowledge of the wine list, which is particularly heavy in French wine. We asked for a recommendation between 3 bottles, but he couldn't tell us anything about the wine, or even choose. Food was great. Small portions, but that was expected. When it was time for dessert, our server complained about having to go downstairs to get it. Then he complained about how he had to work instead of watching True Blood. Disappointing staff.Special Features:
- Mmmm, mmm, good!arbucloVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for the last day of restaurant week Aug 2014. They only had the RW menu; it was a good selection and the food we had was delicious. The ground floor level looks like one long table against the wall. The other side of the skinny room is the food prep area. The rest of the chef "theater" was good fun to watch. The chef was energetically cracking lobster at one point; our table was so close that hubby was hit by debris! Not much, but was surprising. They only had one dessert, ice cream. By the time our dessert time rolled around they apparently only had one kind left, salted caramel. It was delicious but extremely melty. (They were storing it in a gelato cart outside.) Portions are not huge so we weren't overstuffed from 3 courses.Special Features:
- not impressedania51590VIPDined on 8/17/2014having heard that there was a new upscale boutique restaurant in town I was eager to try this place. despite the self proclaimed attention to detail that the restaurant prides itself on, the food was bland and did not meet the quality expectations that i'm used to from the new fit for foodie places or traditional DC fine dines.Special Features:
- UninspiringjlounsDined on 8/15/2014Went to Table for restaurant week, when they had implemented a cancellation fee for canceling reservations less than 48 hours in advance that was hidden in the opentable confirmation email. The hostess called to confirm my reservation within that 48 hour period, and even though I wanted to cancel I decided not to in order to avoid the fee (75% of the cost of the menu) since the hostess wouldn't waive the fee. After essentially being forced to use this reservation, I wished I had just paid the fee. The appetizers were the best part, but we're just ok. The mussels entree was very low on flavor, and the "dessert" was a small bowl of half-melted overly-sweet ice cream. Not worth the price, and not an experience I will be repeating.
- great date night!AJinDCDined on 8/15/2014We went friday night during restaurant week. We sat on the roof which was lovely. The whole meal felt very romantic. We started with a cheese & charcuterie plate. Phenomenal. We also ordered a St Emilion Bordeaux. SO GOOD. my partner started w/ salmon, I had the green gazpacho. Perfect. My partner had the hanger steak w/ risotto, I had grilled artic char w/ summer vegetables. Everything cooked perfectly, flavorful, delicious. For dessert we had ice cream (chocolate + strawberry). My partner said it was the best ice cream he'd ever had and he's eaten ice cream in Italy. It was a perfect, romantic dinner sate. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but tasty night outserialdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place is another addition to the food conscious restaurant scene. We came for Restaurant Week so the food was good, but the menu was limited and the portions were on the small side. They have a great wine selection. We sat on the first floor and didn't realize there was an upstairs patio. The regular menu is pretty expensive, but might be worth another visit. I might come back for the brunch special.Special Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Our dining level had benches with no backs--very uncomfortable. The space looked unfinished and chaotic. The ricotta ravioli was fine, but the cold veggies with it were a jarring contrast in temperature. The lack of choice for dessert was a hugh downside to the "bargain" restaurant week menu. The wine prices are very high. Server was pushing extra food for us to order. Location has neither available street parking nor valet.
- Great!MayaVIPDined on 8/14/2014Carefully prepared food made with local, in-season products. Not at all stuffy.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekiveyd56Dined on 8/13/2014We were somewhat disappointed by our experience at Table, given all of the good things we have heard about it before going. Since it was Restaurant Week, the 3 courses felt very rushed, as if we were being hustled through. The food itself was good, and we will come back to try it again, and hope for a more relaxing experience next time.
- Great time at TableerpedrajaVIPDined on 8/13/2014I went to Table for Restaurant week and was blown away by the food. The kitchen is open, so you can see the servers working to prepare. The menus are handwritten in notebooks- such a great design touch. The pasta was homemade and delicious. I will definitely be back to try some of the other things on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre and expensiveSaraVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had lunch there this week. 3 courses, not cheap and we left hungry. Food is decent but not amazing. Service very slow.
- They can take the reservation, butNickDined on 8/11/2014they don't keep the reservation! Arrived 15 minutes early, our bad; seated over 15 minutes late, their bad. We were stored (at least that was how it felt) upstairs. Water was provided but no chance to order a drink, double bad. Things improved slightly once we were seated, unfortunately that was not due to the food. Our waiter was efficient, professional, European in manner, perfect for the restaurant. When the red wine was served too warm he brought an ice bucket at once upon request. When the mussels came out under-cooked he immediately took them back to be finished. The rest of the food was mediocre; dry Artic Char, skin on the pork belly hard but not crisp, tasty Hanger steak. Unisex, one-holer restrooms completed the ambience.
- Great find!DCMcGVIPDined on 8/11/2014My partner and I went for the first time to Table during Restaurant Week. The service was top notch, and the food...oh the food! Simply delicious! We'll definitely be coming back here. We were seated in the main, downstairs area. It provided a great view of the food being prepared. I think next time though we may opt to sit upstairs either in the small indoor section or out on the upper patio. The former seemed a more appropriate place for a quiet, romantic dinner. The patio seems like it would be great for early fall!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014I tried table for the first time for restaurant week lunch. The patio is lovely. The portions were quite small, not something I'll complain about for a $20 lunch (it's kind of nice to not leave feeling like a whale!) but definitely small if you are paying full price. The service was quite slow. It took about 30 minutes between arriving and receiving our appetizers.Special Features:
- Trendy placefoodie007VIPDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant is located out of the usual heavy-traffic downtown, in a gentrifying area. The ambience of the place, the trendy industrial look with exposed bricks and timber and benches instead of chairs, is getting tiresome to me. I had the most personable waiter who turns out to be French. Food was healthy (salads and fish), which I enjoyed a lot.
- Wonderful new restaurantAJinDCDined on 8/10/2014I had brunch there Sunday (amazing) and after just looking at the food and wine menus - before I even ate a bite - I pulled out my phone and made a dinner reservation for Friday. Brunch was a great deal. $35 for 5 courses and another $13 for unlimited mimosas. a total of $48 for a long and amazing brunch. service was faultless and I loved watching the chefs make handmade pasta right in front of me. this place is comfortably casual while providing a high end food experience.Special Features:
- Cool setting with excellent food!SueKVIPDined on 8/9/2014We loved eating in this "garage"! The food was really very delicious and the place was very cool. Our server was a little bit officious but otherwise we enjoyed the evening very much. And we'd dif entirely return. It was pricier ten expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014We had dinner with a group of 6 people, sat on the roof outside. It was a great evening, food was great. The wine list excellent, with many choices for reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Charming restaurantslmhDined on 8/7/2014This restaurant has a great deal of charm! The food was outstanding and artistically presented. However, the service was uncommonly slow and somewhat uncoordinated; therefore, it could be important to allow sufficient time for a leisurely meal.Special Features:
- European experienceLJM16VIPDined on 8/6/2014I ate here for dinner one evening on the back deck and for lunch in the inside upstairs. The deck is a great place to feel like you are away from the city. We shared a lot of small plates and a few larger ones. The food is very interesting, fresh and delicious. For lunch, it was quiet, and felt like I was on vacation. I don't think word has spread that it is open for lunch. I had the whole fish - absolutely delicious and started with the most delicious salad I can remember - it was watermelon with arugula, prosciutto, and mint and maybe something else - the flavors were extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fresh foodtaralonyDined on 8/2/2014Great, fresh and small menu. Service was great. We had small children with us and the staff were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOutoftownerDined on 7/30/2014We loved it. Chef's table. Ribeye cooked perfectly. Bass was phenomenal. Will go back.Special Features:
- Cool place, Good foodJohnVIPDined on 7/26/2014Really nice experience in the very cool warehouse/garden feeling restaurant. Great food, pretty good service. Wine list is small but solid. Good choices in all price ranges. Menu is small, but very well prepared!Special Features: