903 N St. NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabledc.com/
- Phone: 2025885200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Frederik De Pue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Table
Drawing on classic European sensibilities, Table provides a simple and comfortable neighborhood dining experience. The changing menu focuses on fresh, seasonal ingredients and offer approachable yet innovative dishes suitable for every palate. Table represents a return to an old world, small-scale dining experience that emphasizes honest, delicious food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Table - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Table reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (127)neighborhood gem (105)special occasion (65)great for outdoor dining (52)romantic (49)notable wine list (30)hot spot (23)great for brunch (17)good for groups (17)great for lunch (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Meatless MondayMountYourVernonVIPDined on 10/20/2014The sour-dough bread to start was warm and delicious, but the dipping oil was over salted for us. The texture-filled corn soup was creamy and full bodied but surprisingly not hot, lukewarm at best. Disappointed. The autumnal salad was delicious, small portioned. The main course, cauliflower, appeared to be served in uneven portions, some larger than others. It was expertly burnt-cooked on the edges, creating a delicious frond, with nuts. We ordered a bottle of wine but never saw the bottle at our table, instead, 4 glasses appeared filled up. Odd. Nonetheless, I applaud the chef for making a veggie offering, and hope Table continues Meatless Monday with varied menus. We'll be back (we live in the 'hood.)Special Features:
- Ok food, not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The food was fine, not great, and over-priced for the portion size/quality. It was clear that the restaurant was under staffed. Our waitress was not very service oriented, making us wait 10 min to take our order and making mistakes. People rave about this place, but I think it's just OK and over-priced for a just OK service offering.
- An experience for all the sensesAliCDined on 10/18/2014My parents were in town and we sat at the tasting table. The service was out of this world - everyone from our server who was a delight to the hostess to the chef, sous chef and kitchen manager were caring and hospitable. An unforgettable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousnkinseyDined on 10/17/2014The Table, is an amazing restaurant to grab a savory European style meal for a special occasion with friends and family!Special Features:
- Perfect dinner for a special nightbrody2116Dined on 10/17/2014We loved Table! Fantastic service, great ambiance, and really delicious food. Each plate was unique, deeply flavorful, and satisfying. One of the best meals we have had in DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmonkeyfruitDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I decided to try the tasting menu because it was our first time at table. We were not disappointed. The meal was exquisite and i can't recall the last time I had scallops that were prepared to perfection! Not an everyday place for us due to the cost, but will go there again to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- BeefVIPDined on 10/13/2014Outstanding meal that just blew us away. Fresh seafood presented in a simple, clean and tasty manner. Execution of the menu was top notch. We had the lobster and fresh whole fish which were done just right and we would have them again. The corn chowder with the salmon belly was perfect. The spectacular food was complimented by the fine staff who were attentive jovial and made it a truly top notch and fun experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Place!eaterVIPDined on 10/13/2014We had dinner on Monday to celebrate my birthday. The food was delicious and the service was great. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- FantasticTaylorDined on 10/4/2014Had a fantastic dining experience, will be back. The dining room was well organized, maximizing space while not feeling cramped. The menu was great with options for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the beef!guyindupontDined on 10/4/2014Everyone upstairs was complaining that it was too hot and the server responded that it was because the kitchen was downstairs directly below the dining area. We were all stripping off our clothes! Portions were very small; when I pay that much for a meal I want to leave with a full stomach! They also only had wine and beer; no full bar. Finally, the police action all night out our window view provided us with lots of live entertainment! I will call this experience a "one hit wonder". We will not be back.Special Features:
- Great place!nmbeyVIPDined on 10/2/2014As usual, Table restaurant never ceases to disappoint. The dishes were spot on and the service was excellent. Would certainly go back.Special Features:
- This place is amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Do yourself a favor and go here. It's not cheap but it is possibly the best meal I've ever had. Got the lobster bisque thing and some duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backyum2meDined on 9/30/2014We had a lovely unhurried evening and enjoyed a variety of good tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice roof terraceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service was super, food depends on your taste. In general it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable!!PEWADined on 9/26/2014I liked every dish that I ordered. I and my boyfriend ordered mussle salad for appetitzer, 1 italian cheese, and 4 meat, it was amazing. We got duck dish and lopster for entree (I don't remember its name) they are unforgettable, duck had crispy skin and tender inside, we love duck at Le' diplomat but duck at Table makes us forget it, also lopster was not overcooked, it was perfect! However, we spent $110 for 2 appetizers and 2 entrees. It was quite expensive but we definitely come back and try new dish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but not great valuedcfoodieVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Table. The restaurant was not full on a Thursday evening, so the noise level was great for a quiet romantic dinner, and we had just that. The food was delicious - highly recommend the Octopus and the corn soup. The oysters were excellent as well. The appetizers were reasonably priced. But on to the main course. It was good - don't get me wrong - but the cost of the (delicious) cauliflower was way off the charts for what it was. The lamb also was a very small portion and very overpriced. The wine selection was good - but glasses of wine were expensive. Don't leave without trying the beignets - quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best meals I've had in DCEFinshawVIPDined on 9/20/2014Spectacular dinner from beginning to end. The ingredients were paired in very unexpected ways that perfectly complemented each other. Many restaurants try to be this bold and fail, but at Table, it really worked.Special Features:
- Great for the adventurous paletteLocalDinerDined on 9/17/2014Seating is cozy - you will be close to the table next to you. The cheese and charcuterie selections were excellent, as were the first courses. The entrees were presented very well, and tasted excellent. Only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that of the 10 options on the menu, only 1-2 appealed to me. My fault for not checking before dining. I ordered the beef, and it was excellent. I understand that menu offerings rotate with the season, and I would plan to go again, but will check the menu before making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014I trust Open Table for recommendations when visiting a city and looking for lunch places that are unique and rated highly. Table was a short walk from the Washington Convention Center so we decided to try. The neighborhood is under consturction and smelled less than pleasant. At noon we arrived at Table, and the down stairs dining area was dark and had delivered food sitting around. We asked to sit upstairs on the patio. Service was terrible. There was only one service person, we did not get food until at least 45 minutes after arriving. we order the pizza as a shared starer. While the taste was good, the waitress could have mentioned that the "pizza" was not a traditional pizza. Food was great, service was less than acceptable.
- Loved it!ilenavDined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing and the service outstanding. Recommend the beef tartar and the lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was late for lunch....KennellyDined on 9/12/2014But they were so gracious you'd never know! Hosting my out of town guest, kind welcome that made me feel like I was home, delightfully personal service and food quality that tops! In the flurry of talk in DC, this one is worth the hype. We enjoyed oysters, mussel salad, grilled avocado and wonderful coffee.Special Features:
- Worth a visitpalisadespamVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good, fairly simple food with some inventive combinations. Who would have thought of the octopus salad combination?! And the fennel ice cream was quite good with the strawberry dessert. Seating needs to be rethought, however. There are quite a few tables upstairs with only benches for chairs, No backs. This makes for progressively more uncomfortable seating as the evening continues, unless you snag a bench with a wall right behind you to use as the "chair" back.Special Features:
- fooddocVIPDined on 9/8/2014Excellent attentive service by the single waiter/host at lunch; accurate and imaginative descriptions of each item from the "mouthful of peaches" Sancerre to "hint of seafoam" fresh oysters and other items. The menu was imaginative, the items nicely coursed, served promptly, the food (oysters, salad, green gazpacho, fois gras mille feiulle, deconstructed pizza, beignets, passion fruit "Napolean) fresh, flavorful, beautifully constructed and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance with CareterrypVIPDined on 9/8/2014I get some of the criticism about portion sizes, prices, but I am willing to live with them when the ingredients are sparkling fresh, the mix of color, texture and taste is spot on, and there is so much care in the preparation and presentation. A shared mussel salad featured perfectly cooked and sized mussels with an uni dressing, a few little necks, a sea flan (lovely), and what I think was tiny bits of pickled salsify. A lovely veal sweetbread, lightly crisp outside, creamy in, came with smears of charred eggplant sauce, cherry tomatoes, and summer squash. My companion's wild bass had roasted cauliflower, pearl onions, and a vibrant sauce. And don't forget to try the rose lemonade.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014My family and I had a terrific experience at Table. Every course was expertly prepared and beautifully presented. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Gorgeous outdoor spacePedsinDCDined on 9/7/2014We absolutely loved finding the rooftop patio for brunch- had been here previously before the patio was open- the food was again spectacular but the ambience of the patio added so much! We have been dreaming about one particular dish... Googled how to make "peanut butter cream" that they paired with peaches and mint on their waffle- can't find a good recipe so we will have to come back for the original!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2014For two people, we ordered three starters, two entrees, and dessert, and left not feeling very full. Portions could be a little more generous (especially for the price) and service could be a tad faster. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Disappointing food/great atmospheresnp5200Dined on 9/5/2014Desserts were good, but we were disappointed in the rest, especially the entree courses but also appetizers were nothing special. The atmosphere is great, downstairs and upstairs... we hope the food improves!
- Great food, but don't come hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014Dinner August 2014 - Had the foie and lamb. Both were excellent, but portions were small. In particular, the lamb did not warrant the hefty price tag: $35 for two rack pieces. Ambience and service were both good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit wasnt as Good as the 1stOpenTableReviewDined on 8/26/2014The menú was ok but my first visit here in Sept 2013 was far superior. They were doing something on the patio so outdoor seating wasn't possible. My reservation specifically requested patio seating so dissappointed they didn't tell me when they called twice to confirm my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014great food but pricey. brunch was not worth for money (very good but it was not spectacular!). over 100 USD for 2 including 2 coffees and 1 drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban ChicmrhattVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was good; decor urban trendy, nice overall and a little off the beaten pathSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, modern charm, light and airyMargaretonlineDined on 8/18/2014I found Table when I was looking for a restaurant near Bohemian Caverns that was open on Monday nights. It was the perfect spot for a summer evening dinner. We had a 6pm reservation, so it wasn't crowded, but it felt intimate and homey, not awkward. The kitchen staff was still doing last minute prep work and it was fun to be so close to the kitchen and see our meals as they were prepared. The food was great - green gazpacho appetizer and chocolate crème dessert were my two favorites. Portions were just right and the menu was handwritten and charming. I appreciated that the it was simple - no arcane descriptions that required googling. Loved that our server had a charming French accent. I'd definitely come back to dine on the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We went for resto week- which is something usually do NOT. Table was good! Meat and cheese YES and YES!!!! Mains were fine. Ice cream is ice cream. They got our firsts wrong- and my guest had an allergy so she was a little off put. Had to wait for her correct order. Server wasn't busy- restaurant was not nearly full. Maybe our order didn't interest him? I don't know- if I order a 67$ bottle to start that usually screams "hey!sell me something next!" Didn't happen. Boo!
- Great Food, Mediocre StaffDCbeerGirlDined on 8/17/2014We went during Restaurant Week 14 to try this place for the first time. Value wise, this was one of the better deals for dinner this year. We decided to order a charcuterie plate before our meal. The duck prosciutto was so delicious. My first issue came when we decided to order a bottle of wine. Our server had NO knowledge of the wine list, which is particularly heavy in French wine. We asked for a recommendation between 3 bottles, but he couldn't tell us anything about the wine, or even choose. Food was great. Small portions, but that was expected. When it was time for dessert, our server complained about having to go downstairs to get it. Then he complained about how he had to work instead of watching True Blood. Disappointing staff.Special Features:
- Mmmm, mmm, good!arbucloVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for the last day of restaurant week Aug 2014. They only had the RW menu; it was a good selection and the food we had was delicious. The ground floor level looks like one long table against the wall. The other side of the skinny room is the food prep area. The rest of the chef "theater" was good fun to watch. The chef was energetically cracking lobster at one point; our table was so close that hubby was hit by debris! Not much, but was surprising. They only had one dessert, ice cream. By the time our dessert time rolled around they apparently only had one kind left, salted caramel. It was delicious but extremely melty. (They were storing it in a gelato cart outside.) Portions are not huge so we weren't overstuffed from 3 courses.Special Features:
- not impressedania51590VIPDined on 8/17/2014having heard that there was a new upscale boutique restaurant in town I was eager to try this place. despite the self proclaimed attention to detail that the restaurant prides itself on, the food was bland and did not meet the quality expectations that i'm used to from the new fit for foodie places or traditional DC fine dines.Special Features:
- UninspiringjlounsDined on 8/15/2014Went to Table for restaurant week, when they had implemented a cancellation fee for canceling reservations less than 48 hours in advance that was hidden in the opentable confirmation email. The hostess called to confirm my reservation within that 48 hour period, and even though I wanted to cancel I decided not to in order to avoid the fee (75% of the cost of the menu) since the hostess wouldn't waive the fee. After essentially being forced to use this reservation, I wished I had just paid the fee. The appetizers were the best part, but we're just ok. The mussels entree was very low on flavor, and the "dessert" was a small bowl of half-melted overly-sweet ice cream. Not worth the price, and not an experience I will be repeating.
- great date night!AJinDCVIPDined on 8/15/2014We went friday night during restaurant week. We sat on the roof which was lovely. The whole meal felt very romantic. We started with a cheese & charcuterie plate. Phenomenal. We also ordered a St Emilion Bordeaux. SO GOOD. my partner started w/ salmon, I had the green gazpacho. Perfect. My partner had the hanger steak w/ risotto, I had grilled artic char w/ summer vegetables. Everything cooked perfectly, flavorful, delicious. For dessert we had ice cream (chocolate + strawberry). My partner said it was the best ice cream he'd ever had and he's eaten ice cream in Italy. It was a perfect, romantic dinner sate. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but tasty night outserialdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place is another addition to the food conscious restaurant scene. We came for Restaurant Week so the food was good, but the menu was limited and the portions were on the small side. They have a great wine selection. We sat on the first floor and didn't realize there was an upstairs patio. The regular menu is pretty expensive, but might be worth another visit. I might come back for the brunch special.Special Features: