903 N St. NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabledc.com/
- Phone: (202) 588-5200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Frederik De Pue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Table
Drawing on classic European sensibilities, Table provides a simple and comfortable neighborhood dining experience. The changing menu focuses on fresh, seasonal ingredients and offer approachable yet innovative dishes suitable for every palate. Table represents a return to an old world, small-scale dining experience that emphasizes honest, delicious food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Table - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Table reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (99)special occasion (57)romantic (41)great for outdoor dining (40)notable wine list (32)hot spot (23)good for groups (18)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (11)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great food but service laxOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/22/2014Food was very good, but the service was poor, especially at this price point. Our waiter had more attitude than service ethic and despite the fact that the manager almost made up for him, still left a bad taste in our mouth. So, yes, fit for foodies, but for a special night out, I'd look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great placeromefoodDined on 11/16/2014This is a small, cozy neighborhood restaurant very close to the Washington DC convention center. The food is clean, simple, health conscious, with high quality ingredients, i.e. "local food" cooked to perfection. Ambiance is good for small groups. Service is excellent. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Near the Convention CentreHelenaMDined on 11/16/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at this restaurant. Loved the oysters, the sweetbreads, the beignets and the peanut butter panna cotta. The service was wonderful. The tastes were delicate and harmoniously came together. Portion sizes were perfect. The design is quite pretty: Wood tables that can be pushed together for multiple diners and wood benches. Nice hanging ceiling lights. The kitchen is right in front of the dining area so you get to see the magic happen. It is a small restaurant in DC standards. Wonderful cuisine. My favourite in DC by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold and LiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/14/2014After looking forward to eating at Table, we were very disappointed. It was a 35 degree night outside, and it felt exactly that cold inside too. We were never able to take off our heavy winter coats while eating. When we asked about the heating, or lack thereof, we got different answers from different people, which is a sign of dishonesty. While one person said the heating repairman never came, another said they didn't have heating set up because the space is an old garage, and a third said that the heating just wasn't on full speed yet because it was early winter. It took them over 30 minutes to even get a small space heater near our table, which barely helped. Both tables next to us complained as well, and we barely got a response out of management or the hostess. The food was great, and our waiter was perfectly nice, but the lack of heating and the subsequent dishonesty in answering our questions ruined the night and negated any good food. I would not recommend eating here.
- Terrific find in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014We dined here on a recent trip to DC on the recommendation of a local friend. Service was excellent -- attentive but not obtrusive. I had mushroom tart, followed by a Branzino, cooked whole with julienne vegetables.The fish was fresh, moist and piping hot. For dessert, ricotta beignet with honey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!MichaelDined on 11/9/2014Really excellent experience. Started with a nice bottle of wine, the duck prosciutto, as well as the entree of the roasted cauliflower as a second app. Both were really good. I really wanted to try the foie gras and the beef tartare, but two of the four in my group were not adventurous foodies, so I had to keep myself in check. The table next to us had both and I was a bit envious, as they both looked amazing. For my entree I had the beef tenderloin. It was prepared perfectly, although it was a couple of ounces smaller than my hungry self wished for. Dessert and coffee were both outstanding. We couldn't decide, so I ordered three desserts and none were left. I will most definitely return when back in DC. Service too, was just spot on.Special Features:
- Very Good!luvfoodDined on 11/9/2014Food is great, nice set, waitress very friendly and helpful. Overall we had a nice experience, were absorbed in our conversation and were only interrupted and positively surprised by the quality of food.Special Features:
- Great food, but cramped seatingSkipVIPDined on 11/8/2014If you like being crammed into a garage sized restaurant to eat great food, this restaurant is for you. Very cramped uncomfortable seating and noisy. You're practically sitting in your neighbor's lapSpecial Features:
- ActionjDined on 10/25/2014This was my third time at the restaurant and the food has been amazing all three times. The staff was polite and knowledgeable, and they did a great job pacing the food throughout the meal. Overall it was very enjoyable experience and I can't wait to go back and see them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No WowBalabustaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Love the farm to table concept, but so much more could be done with the food. The food was really fresh tasting, but I can't say there was any course that wowed me and would get me to return. Nothing wrong with Table and maybe my expectations were too high. I was just looking for more flavor. If you want good, Table is the place. If you want amazing, find a table at another restaurant!Special Features:
- Needs to get betterYumYumDined on 10/24/2014I have eaten at Table before and I have found it better and improving in the past. Based on my most recent experience, I would say the food is interesting, but not nearly enough so to justify the price. We have a dearth of restaurant in the area that care about food--as opposed to an entertaining factory like most of the places on 14th Street--and it is clear that Table aspires to quality. Table can be better than it is. I hope it will be. Our server spoke so quietly (or the noise was so prominent) that those of us on the opposite end of the table from her could hardly hear her. Noise has been a problem there on past visits. Service in general seemed disorganized.Special Features:
- Outstanding experiencewhispyacres1Dined on 10/23/2014Table was outstanding. We were in town for a conference and ate there on the recommendation from a friend. Great little place. The service was totally personal. The food was absolutely fresh and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Meatless MondayMountYourVernonVIPDined on 10/20/2014The sour-dough bread to start was warm and delicious, but the dipping oil was over salted for us. The texture-filled corn soup was creamy and full bodied but surprisingly not hot, lukewarm at best. Disappointed. The autumnal salad was delicious, small portioned. The main course, cauliflower, appeared to be served in uneven portions, some larger than others. It was expertly burnt-cooked on the edges, creating a delicious frond, with nuts. We ordered a bottle of wine but never saw the bottle at our table, instead, 4 glasses appeared filled up. Odd. Nonetheless, I applaud the chef for making a veggie offering, and hope Table continues Meatless Monday with varied menus. We'll be back (we live in the 'hood.)Special Features:
- Ok food, not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The food was fine, not great, and over-priced for the portion size/quality. It was clear that the restaurant was under staffed. Our waitress was not very service oriented, making us wait 10 min to take our order and making mistakes. People rave about this place, but I think it's just OK and over-priced for a just OK service offering.
- An experience for all the sensesAliCDined on 10/18/2014My parents were in town and we sat at the tasting table. The service was out of this world - everyone from our server who was a delight to the hostess to the chef, sous chef and kitchen manager were caring and hospitable. An unforgettable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousnkinseyDined on 10/17/2014The Table, is an amazing restaurant to grab a savory European style meal for a special occasion with friends and family!Special Features:
- Perfect dinner for a special nightbrody2116Dined on 10/17/2014We loved Table! Fantastic service, great ambiance, and really delicious food. Each plate was unique, deeply flavorful, and satisfying. One of the best meals we have had in DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmonkeyfruitDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I decided to try the tasting menu because it was our first time at table. We were not disappointed. The meal was exquisite and i can't recall the last time I had scallops that were prepared to perfection! Not an everyday place for us due to the cost, but will go there again to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- BeefVIPDined on 10/13/2014Outstanding meal that just blew us away. Fresh seafood presented in a simple, clean and tasty manner. Execution of the menu was top notch. We had the lobster and fresh whole fish which were done just right and we would have them again. The corn chowder with the salmon belly was perfect. The spectacular food was complimented by the fine staff who were attentive jovial and made it a truly top notch and fun experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Place!eaterVIPDined on 10/13/2014We had dinner on Monday to celebrate my birthday. The food was delicious and the service was great. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Hasn't disappointed yet!luv2dineVIPDined on 10/9/2014Second time there, just as good as the first. The menu is seasonal so unfortunately they didn't have this Goose Egg dish that we got last time that was AMAZING but the food tonight was just as great. The duck prosciutto is to die for. I'd go back again just for that. We actually had the same server again who was just as accommodating and friendly. He found us a fantastic wine that was affordable, delicious, and not on the menu! We felt really special and well take care of. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTaylorDined on 10/4/2014Had a fantastic dining experience, will be back. The dining room was well organized, maximizing space while not feeling cramped. The menu was great with options for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the beef!guyindupontDined on 10/4/2014Everyone upstairs was complaining that it was too hot and the server responded that it was because the kitchen was downstairs directly below the dining area. We were all stripping off our clothes! Portions were very small; when I pay that much for a meal I want to leave with a full stomach! They also only had wine and beer; no full bar. Finally, the police action all night out our window view provided us with lots of live entertainment! I will call this experience a "one hit wonder". We will not be back.Special Features:
- Great place!nmbeyVIPDined on 10/2/2014As usual, Table restaurant never ceases to disappoint. The dishes were spot on and the service was excellent. Would certainly go back.Special Features:
- This place is amazing.kindlypleaseDined on 10/1/2014Do yourself a favor and go here. It's not cheap but it is possibly the best meal I've ever had. Got the lobster bisque thing and some duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backyum2meDined on 9/30/2014We had a lovely unhurried evening and enjoyed a variety of good tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Group of 8. Waited over 30mins for our table. Seated on the roof, where the wood deck was very wobbly & lighting overbearing. I never received the soup I ordered. Those who received soup had a cook come up & drop a piece of salmon into their bowl. After, she went to laugh about it with another server in plain sight. My scallops were very sandy, portions very small & others had mixed feelings about their order. One person at our table spoke with the maitre d' about our experience, simply to make them aware of our disappointment. They asked about dessert, and we all declined, wanting to leave. Instead, they brought out every dessert on the menu. I had very mixed feelings about their reaction to poor food & service. We will never be returning.
- nice roof terraceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service was super, food depends on your taste. In general it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable!!PEWADined on 9/26/2014I liked every dish that I ordered. I and my boyfriend ordered mussle salad for appetitzer, 1 italian cheese, and 4 meat, it was amazing. We got duck dish and lopster for entree (I don't remember its name) they are unforgettable, duck had crispy skin and tender inside, we love duck at Le' diplomat but duck at Table makes us forget it, also lopster was not overcooked, it was perfect! However, we spent $110 for 2 appetizers and 2 entrees. It was quite expensive but we definitely come back and try new dish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but not great valuedcfoodieVIPDined on 9/25/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Table. The restaurant was not full on a Thursday evening, so the noise level was great for a quiet romantic dinner, and we had just that. The food was delicious - highly recommend the Octopus and the corn soup. The oysters were excellent as well. The appetizers were reasonably priced. But on to the main course. It was good - don't get me wrong - but the cost of the (delicious) cauliflower was way off the charts for what it was. The lamb also was a very small portion and very overpriced. The wine selection was good - but glasses of wine were expensive. Don't leave without trying the beignets - quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best meals I've had in DCEFinshawVIPDined on 9/20/2014Spectacular dinner from beginning to end. The ingredients were paired in very unexpected ways that perfectly complemented each other. Many restaurants try to be this bold and fail, but at Table, it really worked.Special Features:
- Great for the adventurous paletteLocalDinerDined on 9/17/2014Seating is cozy - you will be close to the table next to you. The cheese and charcuterie selections were excellent, as were the first courses. The entrees were presented very well, and tasted excellent. Only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that of the 10 options on the menu, only 1-2 appealed to me. My fault for not checking before dining. I ordered the beef, and it was excellent. I understand that menu offerings rotate with the season, and I would plan to go again, but will check the menu before making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014I trust Open Table for recommendations when visiting a city and looking for lunch places that are unique and rated highly. Table was a short walk from the Washington Convention Center so we decided to try. The neighborhood is under consturction and smelled less than pleasant. At noon we arrived at Table, and the down stairs dining area was dark and had delivered food sitting around. We asked to sit upstairs on the patio. Service was terrible. There was only one service person, we did not get food until at least 45 minutes after arriving. we order the pizza as a shared starer. While the taste was good, the waitress could have mentioned that the "pizza" was not a traditional pizza. Food was great, service was less than acceptable.
- Loved it!ilenavDined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing and the service outstanding. Recommend the beef tartar and the lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was late for lunch....KennellyDined on 9/12/2014But they were so gracious you'd never know! Hosting my out of town guest, kind welcome that made me feel like I was home, delightfully personal service and food quality that tops! In the flurry of talk in DC, this one is worth the hype. We enjoyed oysters, mussel salad, grilled avocado and wonderful coffee.Special Features:
- Worth a visitpalisadespamVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good, fairly simple food with some inventive combinations. Who would have thought of the octopus salad combination?! And the fennel ice cream was quite good with the strawberry dessert. Seating needs to be rethought, however. There are quite a few tables upstairs with only benches for chairs, No backs. This makes for progressively more uncomfortable seating as the evening continues, unless you snag a bench with a wall right behind you to use as the "chair" back.Special Features:
- fooddocVIPDined on 9/8/2014Excellent attentive service by the single waiter/host at lunch; accurate and imaginative descriptions of each item from the "mouthful of peaches" Sancerre to "hint of seafoam" fresh oysters and other items. The menu was imaginative, the items nicely coursed, served promptly, the food (oysters, salad, green gazpacho, fois gras mille feiulle, deconstructed pizza, beignets, passion fruit "Napolean) fresh, flavorful, beautifully constructed and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance with CareterrypVIPDined on 9/8/2014I get some of the criticism about portion sizes, prices, but I am willing to live with them when the ingredients are sparkling fresh, the mix of color, texture and taste is spot on, and there is so much care in the preparation and presentation. A shared mussel salad featured perfectly cooked and sized mussels with an uni dressing, a few little necks, a sea flan (lovely), and what I think was tiny bits of pickled salsify. A lovely veal sweetbread, lightly crisp outside, creamy in, came with smears of charred eggplant sauce, cherry tomatoes, and summer squash. My companion's wild bass had roasted cauliflower, pearl onions, and a vibrant sauce. And don't forget to try the rose lemonade.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014My family and I had a terrific experience at Table. Every course was expertly prepared and beautifully presented. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Gorgeous outdoor spacePedsinDCDined on 9/7/2014We absolutely loved finding the rooftop patio for brunch- had been here previously before the patio was open- the food was again spectacular but the ambience of the patio added so much! We have been dreaming about one particular dish... Googled how to make "peanut butter cream" that they paired with peaches and mint on their waffle- can't find a good recipe so we will have to come back for the original!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.