903 N St. NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tabledc.com/
- Phone: 2025885200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Frederik De Pue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Table
Drawing on classic European sensibilities, Table provides a simple and comfortable neighborhood dining experience. The changing menu focuses on fresh, seasonal ingredients and offer approachable yet innovative dishes suitable for every palate. Table represents a return to an old world, small-scale dining experience that emphasizes honest, delicious food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Table reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (100)special occasion (69)great for outdoor dining (48)romantic (46)notable wine list (33)hot spot (25)great for brunch (24)good for groups (14)great for lunch (9)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 2nd visit wasnt as Good as the 1stOpenTableReviewDined on 8/26/2014The menú was ok but my first visit here in Sept 2013 was far superior. They were doing something on the patio so outdoor seating wasn't possible. My reservation specifically requested patio seating so dissappointed they didn't tell me when they called twice to confirm my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014great food but pricey. brunch was not worth for money (very good but it was not spectacular!). over 100 USD for 2 including 2 coffees and 1 drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban ChicmrhattVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was good; decor urban trendy, nice overall and a little off the beaten pathSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, modern charm, light and airyMargaretonlineDined on 8/18/2014I found Table when I was looking for a restaurant near Bohemian Caverns that was open on Monday nights. It was the perfect spot for a summer evening dinner. We had a 6pm reservation, so it wasn't crowded, but it felt intimate and homey, not awkward. The kitchen staff was still doing last minute prep work and it was fun to be so close to the kitchen and see our meals as they were prepared. The food was great - green gazpacho appetizer and chocolate crème dessert were my two favorites. Portions were just right and the menu was handwritten and charming. I appreciated that the it was simple - no arcane descriptions that required googling. Loved that our server had a charming French accent. I'd definitely come back to dine on the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Mediocre StaffDCbeerGirlDined on 8/17/2014We went during Restaurant Week 14 to try this place for the first time. Value wise, this was one of the better deals for dinner this year. We decided to order a charcuterie plate before our meal. The duck prosciutto was so delicious. My first issue came when we decided to order a bottle of wine. Our server had NO knowledge of the wine list, which is particularly heavy in French wine. We asked for a recommendation between 3 bottles, but he couldn't tell us anything about the wine, or even choose. Food was great. Small portions, but that was expected. When it was time for dessert, our server complained about having to go downstairs to get it. Then he complained about how he had to work instead of watching True Blood. Disappointing staff.Special Features:
- Mmmm, mmm, good!arbucloVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for the last day of restaurant week Aug 2014. They only had the RW menu; it was a good selection and the food we had was delicious. The ground floor level looks like one long table against the wall. The other side of the skinny room is the food prep area. The rest of the chef "theater" was good fun to watch. The chef was energetically cracking lobster at one point; our table was so close that hubby was hit by debris! Not much, but was surprising. They only had one dessert, ice cream. By the time our dessert time rolled around they apparently only had one kind left, salted caramel. It was delicious but extremely melty. (They were storing it in a gelato cart outside.) Portions are not huge so we weren't overstuffed from 3 courses.Special Features:
- not impressedania51590VIPDined on 8/17/2014having heard that there was a new upscale boutique restaurant in town I was eager to try this place. despite the self proclaimed attention to detail that the restaurant prides itself on, the food was bland and did not meet the quality expectations that i'm used to from the new fit for foodie places or traditional DC fine dines.Special Features:
- UninspiringjlounsDined on 8/15/2014Went to Table for restaurant week, when they had implemented a cancellation fee for canceling reservations less than 48 hours in advance that was hidden in the opentable confirmation email. The hostess called to confirm my reservation within that 48 hour period, and even though I wanted to cancel I decided not to in order to avoid the fee (75% of the cost of the menu) since the hostess wouldn't waive the fee. After essentially being forced to use this reservation, I wished I had just paid the fee. The appetizers were the best part, but we're just ok. The mussels entree was very low on flavor, and the "dessert" was a small bowl of half-melted overly-sweet ice cream. Not worth the price, and not an experience I will be repeating.
- great date night!AJinDCDined on 8/15/2014We went friday night during restaurant week. We sat on the roof which was lovely. The whole meal felt very romantic. We started with a cheese & charcuterie plate. Phenomenal. We also ordered a St Emilion Bordeaux. SO GOOD. my partner started w/ salmon, I had the green gazpacho. Perfect. My partner had the hanger steak w/ risotto, I had grilled artic char w/ summer vegetables. Everything cooked perfectly, flavorful, delicious. For dessert we had ice cream (chocolate + strawberry). My partner said it was the best ice cream he'd ever had and he's eaten ice cream in Italy. It was a perfect, romantic dinner sate. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but tasty night outserialdinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place is another addition to the food conscious restaurant scene. We came for Restaurant Week so the food was good, but the menu was limited and the portions were on the small side. They have a great wine selection. We sat on the first floor and didn't realize there was an upstairs patio. The regular menu is pretty expensive, but might be worth another visit. I might come back for the brunch special.Special Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Our dining level had benches with no backs--very uncomfortable. The space looked unfinished and chaotic. The ricotta ravioli was fine, but the cold veggies with it were a jarring contrast in temperature. The lack of choice for dessert was a hugh downside to the "bargain" restaurant week menu. The wine prices are very high. Server was pushing extra food for us to order. Location has neither available street parking nor valet.
- Great!MayaDined on 8/14/2014Carefully prepared food made with local, in-season products. Not at all stuffy.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekiveyd56Dined on 8/13/2014We were somewhat disappointed by our experience at Table, given all of the good things we have heard about it before going. Since it was Restaurant Week, the 3 courses felt very rushed, as if we were being hustled through. The food itself was good, and we will come back to try it again, and hope for a more relaxing experience next time.
- Great time at TableerpedrajaVIPDined on 8/13/2014I went to Table for Restaurant week and was blown away by the food. The kitchen is open, so you can see the servers working to prepare. The menus are handwritten in notebooks- such a great design touch. The pasta was homemade and delicious. I will definitely be back to try some of the other things on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre and expensiveSaraVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had lunch there this week. 3 courses, not cheap and we left hungry. Food is decent but not amazing. Service very slow.
- They can take the reservation, butNickDined on 8/11/2014they don't keep the reservation! Arrived 15 minutes early, our bad; seated over 15 minutes late, their bad. We were stored (at least that was how it felt) upstairs. Water was provided but no chance to order a drink, double bad. Things improved slightly once we were seated, unfortunately that was not due to the food. Our waiter was efficient, professional, European in manner, perfect for the restaurant. When the red wine was served too warm he brought an ice bucket at once upon request. When the mussels came out under-cooked he immediately took them back to be finished. The rest of the food was mediocre; dry Artic Char, skin on the pork belly hard but not crisp, tasty Hanger steak. Unisex, one-holer restrooms completed the ambience.
- Great find!DCMcGVIPDined on 8/11/2014My partner and I went for the first time to Table during Restaurant Week. The service was top notch, and the food...oh the food! Simply delicious! We'll definitely be coming back here. We were seated in the main, downstairs area. It provided a great view of the food being prepared. I think next time though we may opt to sit upstairs either in the small indoor section or out on the upper patio. The former seemed a more appropriate place for a quiet, romantic dinner. The patio seems like it would be great for early fall!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014I tried table for the first time for restaurant week lunch. The patio is lovely. The portions were quite small, not something I'll complain about for a $20 lunch (it's kind of nice to not leave feeling like a whale!) but definitely small if you are paying full price. The service was quite slow. It took about 30 minutes between arriving and receiving our appetizers.Special Features:
- Trendy placefoodie007VIPDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant is located out of the usual heavy-traffic downtown, in a gentrifying area. The ambience of the place, the trendy industrial look with exposed bricks and timber and benches instead of chairs, is getting tiresome to me. I had the most personable waiter who turns out to be French. Food was healthy (salads and fish), which I enjoyed a lot.
- Wonderful new restaurantAJinDCDined on 8/10/2014I had brunch there Sunday (amazing) and after just looking at the food and wine menus - before I even ate a bite - I pulled out my phone and made a dinner reservation for Friday. Brunch was a great deal. $35 for 5 courses and another $13 for unlimited mimosas. a total of $48 for a long and amazing brunch. service was faultless and I loved watching the chefs make handmade pasta right in front of me. this place is comfortably casual while providing a high end food experience.Special Features:
- Cool setting with excellent food!SueKVIPDined on 8/9/2014We loved eating in this "garage"! The food was really very delicious and the place was very cool. Our server was a little bit officious but otherwise we enjoyed the evening very much. And we'd dif entirely return. It was pricier ten expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014We had dinner with a group of 6 people, sat on the roof outside. It was a great evening, food was great. The wine list excellent, with many choices for reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Charming restaurantslmhDined on 8/7/2014This restaurant has a great deal of charm! The food was outstanding and artistically presented. However, the service was uncommonly slow and somewhat uncoordinated; therefore, it could be important to allow sufficient time for a leisurely meal.Special Features:
- European experienceLJM16VIPDined on 8/6/2014I ate here for dinner one evening on the back deck and for lunch in the inside upstairs. The deck is a great place to feel like you are away from the city. We shared a lot of small plates and a few larger ones. The food is very interesting, fresh and delicious. For lunch, it was quiet, and felt like I was on vacation. I don't think word has spread that it is open for lunch. I had the whole fish - absolutely delicious and started with the most delicious salad I can remember - it was watermelon with arugula, prosciutto, and mint and maybe something else - the flavors were extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fresh foodtaralonyDined on 8/2/2014Great, fresh and small menu. Service was great. We had small children with us and the staff were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOutoftownerDined on 7/30/2014We loved it. Chef's table. Ribeye cooked perfectly. Bass was phenomenal. Will go back.Special Features:
- Cool place, Good foodJohnVIPDined on 7/26/2014Really nice experience in the very cool warehouse/garden feeling restaurant. Great food, pretty good service. Wine list is small but solid. Good choices in all price ranges. Menu is small, but very well prepared!Special Features:
- Very good food, excellent serviceFrenchLivinginDCDined on 7/26/2014It's the second time I have been to Table and I would highly recommend it. The food is excellent- ingredients are fresh, and dishes are original and the service was excellent, both very efficient and discrete. It's definitely pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- MiddlingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014I've visited Table twice. Once in it's opening month and once last weekend. Both times the food was good, but not great. I started with the grilled avocado appetizer which was not especially interesting and overpriced. I had the salmon this time and the fish was cooked well, but the bone marrow was an unnecessary flourish. The asparagus below the fish was overcooked and stringy. The flavor was good, but the stringiness made it tough to eat. The sashimi appetizer with lychee was overpowered by the lychee. The squab was slightly underdone--I know it's supposed to be medium rare--and the included vegetables were only so so. Table is overpriced. Food is fine at about 2/3rds what they charge. At this price point they have to do better.
- DisappointingreviewerDined on 7/24/2014I was excited to try this place, but after going there, I wouldn't even recommend it. The food was ok. My skirt steak was basically raw so I didn't eat it. They didn't have the dish I had initially ordered (even though we were the first group there for lunch). They didn't have two of the summer drinks in the menu so we ordered the next best thing (iced tea). It took about 45 minutes to get the iced tea. The place also smelled like BO...oh and there was good in one of our apps. They did take off the app from the bill and bring another one. I would never go back and I would not recommend this place.
- OverpricedDaniDinesDined on 7/23/2014I was excited to try this place, but underwhelmed with the experience. When we arrived the restaurant was empty. The soft shell crab was a great appetizer but it went downhill after that. We sat near the chefs counter and had to constantly swat away gnats. The artichoke main dish was lacking, and was mostly artichoke and mushrooms soaked in butter. The squab arrived and a third of the meal was a sausage made from the organs and innards...which I really do not like and which was not described on the menu. Wish it had been better, but we won't be returning.Special Features:
- Amazing!MMRVVIPDined on 7/19/2014octopus was unforgatable, great fish and the soup of the day very origina and delicious!. Great place with completely open kitchen to enjoy "the show" during your dinner. We loved it!Special Features:
- Good not greatMjsaxDined on 7/19/2014I went to Table with my boyfriend for a long overdue date night. I had heard good things and was eager to try it. The negative comments I had seen about service were unwarranted on this night. Everyone was friendly and overall attentive (though our table never received bread at the start of the meal). We ordered a cheese plate, wild boar rilletes, and two entrees (the rib eye and the Bronzino). All of the food ranged from good to great. I admit I likely missed out on some of the flavor of the fish because I was picking out bones (it comes whole). The ambiance is cool. While it would've been nice to sit on the upstairs patio, I enjoyed watching all if the chefs work right in front of you. Overall, worth going at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!kalyaniDined on 7/18/2014The food was spectacular. Super fresh. The services as top notch. Would return!Special Features:
- Great foodHCDCDined on 7/18/2014We got a table on the roof deck - recommended on a nice night even if it is a little noisier. The second floor also looked like a nice place to sit. All the food was exquisite - their homemade chicken liver mousse was the star of the charcuterie, all cheeses were very fresh, and the special Thai pea soup was very refreshing. The sea bass was perfectly cooked, and the Peruvian flavors in the octopus were spot on. Dessert (beignets and chess pie) were also fabulous. Our waitress was friendly and not overbearing at all. All in all a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 7/17/2014While the bench style sitting looks great, it was extremely uncomfortable considering we were dinning v eating at a quick service restaurant. I thought our server was overworked and it felt rushed every time he came to our table- it appeared that he was the only server in the area. A little overwhelmed at the check amount considering yelp states it is $$.Special Features:
- Fantastic506foodDined on 7/17/2014Went for our anniversary. First visit to Table. Service was outstanding. Food equally was excellent. Being form Baltimore and raised in a family that loves seafood especially crabs I had to try the soft shell crab appetizer. Typically I'm a little disappointed by how restaurants prepare soft shells but this was spot on. Not over cooked, little breading allowing you to experience the full flavor of the crab. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerbdayDined on 7/16/2014Great ambiance, but the service was poor. Maybe it was an off night, but it was my birthday so it was disappointing. I had a friend with me that had dietary restrictions, and I let Table know in advance. Our server knew nothing about the restrictions, and we spent a lot of time figuring out what my friend could eat, which was very little (a bowl of plain lettuce). This was unfortunate as we had to discuss her situation at the table, and - I had thought - that my notifying the restaurant in advance would have meant that she could at least have something for her to eat. Our food took a long time - the server shared that the kitchen "did not get the ticket." The A/C was freezing and my friends were cold the whole night.
- Not up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014I was disappointed in table. It has a very hip feel and I wanted to like it but the food was average, for a moderately pricy restaurant. The grilled avocado was great but the vegan entree--grilled vegetables was disappointing and unimaginative. The service was very slow. The server wasn't rude but he was a bit terse. The setting is nice though. Outspokenly hipster, but the place pulls it off, and there's plenty of natural light, which is great in the evening.Special Features:
- Fab food, service a little slowAdmoMomDined on 7/16/2014Food was fantastic (even had some delicious vegan options for my daughter)! We sat on the roof deck on a lovely evening, great ambiance. Interactions with the waiter were very good, very professional except that the food was very slow to come out. I had the sense that they were short-staffed, the waiter did what he could to stay on top of things but felt like we had to flag him down at times. I've been there once before and did not have the service/food delivery issue. And it was such a nice environment it didn't feel uncomfortable to have to wait a bit.Special Features: