Table at Crestwood
3236 Shulls Mill Road
Boone, NC 28607Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Table at Crestwood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crestwoodnc.com/
- Phone: (828) 963-6646 ext. 200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Bar Opens at 4pm
Winter Schedule (November-April)
Dinner Thursday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Bar Opens at 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Heibein
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Seated private dining from 12 to 70 people. May choose from three different dining rooms; Main Dining Room (will seat up to 70), Library (will seat up to 30), and the Lounge (will seat up to 50).
- Private Party Contact: Vanessa Hensley (828) 963-6646x126
- Entertainment: Music on the patio during summer.
- Special Events: We often have weddings, rehearsal dinners, and private functions at Crestwood. Please see the private party contact information.
A word from Table at Crestwood
The Table at Crestwood is a restaurant of distinction. Our menu is a creative mix of Southern fare with a European touch. The Table at Crestwood’s spectacular views will captivate you and your guests while you enjoy terrace and fireside dining. We offer great food, sunsets and an unforgettable experience. Be sure to also check out the Dawg Star Bar for a sunset drink.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Table at Crestwood - Best Restaurants in Boone ›
Table at Crestwood reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (39)romantic (26)special occasion (26)great for outdoor dining (21)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A Great Place to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014We really enjoyed our two dinners and 2 breakfasts at The Table. The food was excellent, especially the crab cakes. The servers were all very friendly and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed our time with you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurantfoodieDined on 10/23/2014This restaurant made our trip. After a long day on the road, we had a wonderful meal at the table. A rack of lamb and seared duck. We both enjoyed our meals and had wonderful service. After a rough check in process at Crestwood inn (took an hour for the check in clerk to find our room key while we stood in the hall beside our door with our luggage.... weird), a great meal more than made up for it. They even gave a few free drinks to make up for the mishap with check-in. The server was very knowledgeable and we really enjoyed the romantic ambiance. We plan to return as soon as possible and really loved the room, the view, etc. at the hotel as well as the restaurant.Special Features:
- good southern diningdebbieDined on 10/18/2014Atmosphere was nice but we were seated in an 'overflow' room (the library) instead of the main dining area. We also had to wait sbout 15 minutes even though we had reservations. We were a little disappointed that some items we hoped to try were sold out. Overall good food, good atmosphere, would be fabulous at sunset (we dined too late for that).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed a spectacular evening at The Table. We enjoyed appetizer and wine on the patio with the sunset and then returned indoors for entrees which were perfect. Shrimp and Grits just the right taste and texture combinations. My wife had roasted vegetables with a perfectly blended crab cake. Not too breaded lump back fin with a touch of Panko. Our server, Gregory was outstanding in advice and service. Great evening to celebrate belated anniversary.Special Features:
- Crestwood rocks!BooneResidentDined on 10/15/2014It was a wonderful evening with my out of town family. The staff was great (especially our server, Greg) and even the head chef (Mike) came to the table to ask how everything was. The food was perfectly prepared and was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The incident of the mopOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Although we were not dining late, the wait staff started cleaning up while we were still eating our entrees. We had not even thought about dessert. They made us feel rushed and unwelcome, especially when they rolled the mop and bucket right by our table, not once but twice. Most unpleasant!!! It a damper on what had been a pleasant dinner. Maybe Sunday evening is not a good time to come to the Table at Crestwood?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View; Wonderful FoodAppGirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014We came to Boone for homecoming and wanted to find a new place to eat. We were thrilled with our experience here. It is not too far outside of town (about 10 - 15 minutes). The food was amazing and the prices were very reasonable. It was a place that you could dress casually but felt very upscale. The wait and hostess staff were very attentive and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014The food and service at Table at Crestwood is outstanding plus the view over the mountains is divine.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem in the HighlandsDustyDined on 10/1/2014We had dined at the Inn at Crestwood several years ago, and discovered how close it is to the house we now own in Boone. The view of the mountains from the dining room, especially at sunset, is outstanding and should not be missed on a visit to this area. Our server, Gregory, was spot-on with recommendations for wine and dinner. The butternut squash soup was as good as anything I have ever tasted, with roasted squash and pumpkin seeds as a garnish. It was a quiet, romantic, dining experience. Approximately 15 minutes from either highway 105 near Foscoe, or 15 minutes from Blowing Rock on Highway 221 (Schull's Mill Road).Special Features:
- Awesome viewsgoodeatsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Took my wife here for here birthday. The drive up the mountain to get here was very scenic. The food was good along with a good variety. The portions will fill you up so pace yourself and save room for dessert. The service was good and the view was fantastic.Special Features:
- Room for ImprovementChocolateMooseDined on 9/12/2014Service by Katrina very nice. We have extensive wine collection & were underwhelmed by wine list. Brought bottles from home & paid steep $18 corkage fee. Particularly missing were Australian Shiraz & CA Carneros Pinot Noirs. Skipped appetizers -- tomato basil soup very boring. Hubby had grilled romaine salad & I had local salad, both of which were extremely good. He had surf & turf special, which was well cooked but too much herbed goat cheese on filet. I had hanger steak, served with WORST "twice baked potato"ever. A "boat" of baked potato skin, filled w/ plain regular mashed potatoes CERTAINLY not baked second time once filled w/ potatoes. No dessert - very pedestrian offerings.Special Features:
- Nice SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Love sitting outdoors enjoying a great dinner with nice music. Service was wonderful. Its our 2nd year in a rown and we will keeping returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodgreat2dineDined on 8/31/2014From the homeade atichoke dip, to the mouth watering steak, the food and atmosphere was outstanding. I will have to say that our service was great once we were able to be served. It took over 15 minutes for us to get a waiter/waitress to even ask us for drinks or appetizers. Even though other patrons that arrived after us were waited on. Other than that, the experience was a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddaverDined on 8/31/2014Though the view is great the food was average at best. I ordered the filet medium and after a prolonged wait it arrived very well done. Sent it back and the 2nd one was unevenly cooked , rare in the center and overcooked on the outside. It was obvious they had rushed it given their prior mistake. My girlfriend ordered the special which was a bone in strip and it was so tough I thought the table was going to collapse with the force required to cut it. Katie our server was very nice and attentive. Just wish the food preparation hadn't been so lacking. Stayed at the inn which was nice but next time will skip the restaurant except maybe for a drink and appetizer at the bar.Special Features:
- beautifuldine2luvDined on 8/29/2014the veiw was outstanding and the seeting area outside was phenomenal its like to took two steps into paris or rome great time good service and phenomenal food as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best patio dining anywhere!going2dinnerDined on 8/29/2014Spectacular view and surroundings. Excellent service. Food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerLolitaDined on 8/24/2014Great food! Very nice Waiter but forgot one of the plates and brought it when the other guests were finishing eating, he didn't charge it and gave a free drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Country VisitOpenTableKDined on 8/20/2014Went to visit the High Country of North Carolina and booked a stay at the Inn at Crestwood as recommended by TripAdvisor. Ate two dinners at The Table at the Inn. Both meals were outstanding. The first dinner we had prebooked so were able to sit outdoors, which is the best way to enjoy the ambience. The second dinner we had no reservations and a large group of guests were arriving for a wedding that weekend so the service was hectic and the atmosphere noisier, but the wait staff accommodated us in the bar area and we enjoyed another great meal.Special Features:
- SublimehungrylionessDined on 8/20/2014Our view was spectacular as I had requested, and the entrees we shared (pork chops), which were recommended by our cute and entertaining waiter, were sensational. Not cheap, but for a memorable experience, worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!lovegreatfoodDined on 8/17/2014We had guests from out of town and were looking for a special place with great food and a great view - we found it at Crestwood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billie185Dined on 8/17/2014We took our waiters recommendation and were very happy. We stayed at the Inn and loved it but were disappointed that there was no food service or bar after breakfast. Our service in the dining room and the bar were excellent making us more unhappy that we could not enjoy it again. You definitely need some kind of food service daily. We checked in on Sunday and were not aware of this policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rate PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The view is unbelievable! The service and food were 5 star! The bar was friendly, fair priced, and they didn't skimp on the drinks! I even asked for a special drink not on their menu or list (a little moon shine mixed with garden fresh basil, some cranberry juice and lime), and they accommodated. The bar tender really got creative and made me exactly what I was thinking I wanted! I had the the Chicken and Waffles. They were fantastic! The grits are unbelievable! My wife had the stuffed pork chop and it was amazing! The only thing I would say is ask for the stuffed pork chop to be cooked for 30 seconds more under the salamander. Ours was just a little under cooked, but they promptly took care of us! Definitely will return in the future!Special Features:
- FrenchieBoyDined on 8/16/2014Our group of 4 had a delightful evening at The Table last week. The ambience on their patio with a fabulous view was great and the food was excellent. I had the pork tenderloin which was excellent and my wife had the fish and chips which she declared to be outstanding (and she is a tough critic of fish and chips). The meal was nicely paced and the waiter was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful View, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014It really is a beautiful view--but our duck was over cooked and although we liked our server, he actually came up to us and said" Okay, I've ignored you long enough." We felt neglected in an otherwise lovely setting.Special Features:
- Awesome Experienceanniversary32Dined on 8/15/2014We loved Table at Crestview. The food was wonderful, service was great. Thank ypu Gregory. Most importantly the view was breathtaking. I would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Due to a service error, we were left unattended for quite some time and finally had to ask to have a server. When the error was discovered we had excellent service, good food, and our dinners were comped. Overall, a bad start but a good finish for the evening.Special Features:
- It's been awhile...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014I forgot about writing this review and can't remember exactly what we had. I know we enjoyed the restaurant, food, ambiance, our table and our server. We would recommend it and we would go again.Special Features:
- The following 247 reviews are from the Table at Crestwood reviews archive.
- Disaster!CkrattDined on 7/26/2014I can't review the food because we got nothing but bread. Our reservation was at 7:30. At 9:30 my friends and I (6 total) chose to leave. After 2 HOURS of waiting--with little to no service or communication from our waiter and after asking to speak with a manager who chose never to come out of the kitchen--we left! We were all shocked that a place could be in business at all with such poor management. The atmosphere is incredible with amazing sunset views but there is no excuse possible for a 2 hour plus wait for food. And as we heard from an apparently regular patron (why??), this is the norm. So I and my dining companions emphatically discourage patronizing this establishment at all!!
- IncredibleJackDined on 7/19/2014Awesome! The service was outstanding and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table at Crestwood InnHoneymooner6Dined on 7/19/2014Our service was excellent. Micah saw to our every need! We so appreciated his attention. The menu was a bit limited ,but the food was excellently prepared.Special Features:
- Wouldn't go if there's a weddingaservermyselfDined on 7/12/20141st, we had a reso but were not greeted for about 5 mins. We had to go find someone to seat us. 2 servers walked up and 1 of the girls seemed drunk. 2nd, we were seated in a very small, hot cramped room that didn't have any windows. There was a wedding going on so there was no other place for us to sit. 3rd, when seated, the very lrg tbl (poss. for 8ppl-there were only 2 of us) was not set/ready for dinner service. There were maybe 4 chairs scattered around the table and the table cloth was dirty with crumbs. 4th, my husband went to find a server to see if we could get room service instead, which they do not offer. Our server (Chris?) was very nice and accommodating and moved a table onto our balcony and made every effort to make us happy.
- Mountain viewLocalLoverDined on 7/10/2014Beautiful view, stunning location. The food was "ok" but I'd like to try again to see if their regular menu items would be any better. The service was hit-or-miss: relocating guests inside from a sudden rain-storm completely derailed their staff. Go for the view, and pay attention to the sunset instead of the mediocre food and slow service.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!JudyDined on 7/10/2014We have dined here many times and always find the staff warm and attentive to our needs. The food was exceptionally good this particular evening and although the rain came, it didn't dampen our fun or the festive ambiance. The views were magnificent and we were able to have that wonderful sunset even though there had been a shower. Thank you so much for caring enough to protect and keep the environment of Crestwood special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner on vacationBraggiepDined on 7/10/2014Food and service were great! The view is ridiculously nice, and there are ton of tables that have a view. We went in the summer, I can only imagine how nice it would have been in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful in every wayJanSDined on 7/4/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Table. Our server was friendly and warm and gave us lost of helpful info on the menu. I enjoyed the shrimp and grits. The best I've had anywhere. We both had the kale salad as recommended by our waiter and it was wonderful. The view is SPECTACULAR! We watched the sun set right from our outdoor table. For dessert we had a rich chocolate torte that was amazing. I highly recommend Table for the service, food and atmosphere. A perfect experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enthusiasm to indifferencegoodeaterDined on 6/26/2014The ambience rating is for the spectacular sunset view other than that it was a disappointment for our party of five. We were seated after 7 PM and our dinner did not until arrive after the closing time of 9 PM. In between was a comedy of errors beginning with our cocktails in which I did not receive mine until 30 minutes after the initial order. The average wait time was 30 minutes between courses and cocktail orders which could be forgiven if the restaurant was busy. I counted two dinner parties inside during our "stay" and the outside dining area was never filled to capacity. The couple next to us also commented on the poor service and they ended up bussing their own table while waiting for dessert. They did comp the cocktails.Special Features:
- phenomenal!2DNCDined on 6/11/2014My husband and I spent 2 nights at Crestwood for his birthday. The food, drinks and staff were absolutely phenomenal. The first night we sat out on the patio enjoying the beautiful view while we dined. Our second night (due to weather) we dined inside enjoying the Thursday night live music. We would absolutely recommend The Table and will be back asap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite setting, superb foodPSM58Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful location and views, great food presented beautifully, a must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFoodloveDined on 6/6/2014Good tasty food. The portions could have been bigger considering the amount of money spent to eat, but maybe we just didn't get the right things. The burgers/sandwiches on the table next to us looked like big hearty portions, but our crab cake and trout dinner were very small. Also not sure why we weren't brought out a bread basket upon our arrival. When we asked for one it was brought out.Special Features:
- Food could be a lot betterSusieqVIPDined on 6/6/2014It's a lovely spot with a great view. If the food were better we'd go there often. I had the trout, one-half of a small trout for $24. Description of the preparation sounded interesting but all I could taste was lots of salt and pepper. Menu choices were also limited. I really wish they'd improve their menu.Special Features: