48 College St
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tableasheville.com/
- Phone: 8282548980x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday; 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday; 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday, Saturday; 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jacob Sessoms
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being on our mailing list for quarterly wine dinners, anniversary events, etc.
A word from Table
Table is a small, seasonal, New American restaurant in the heart of downtown Asheville. Always inventive and at times whimsical, chef Jacob Sessoms’ daily changing menu is inspired by a wealth of American culinary traditions, paying particular homage to the South. Upon opening the doors in 2005, Table committed to supporting, celebrating, and showcasing regional and sustainable agriculture. Jacob and his team foster long-standing relationships with farmers and purveyors in Western NC and throughout the Southeast. Complimenting the critically acclaimed cuisine is an equally intelligent and imaginative wine and craft cocktail list, represented both in the dining room and upstairs at The Imperial Life cocktail and charcuterie lounge. In the intimate dining room and at the small chef’s bar, a welcoming staff of service professionals ensure that guests are comfortable and well-informed. Please contact the restaurant with any questions, or better yet, stop in to say hello!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Table - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Table reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)special occasion (71)neighborhood gem (44)romantic (39)notable wine list (37)hot spot (18)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Table reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great. Ambiance..., Due to alarms going off, was a little off. Felt crowded, a bit chaotic at times. had fire alarms go off which was unfortunate. Had I not been falling in love with my date, it might have been a more negative experience. Food was over the top elegant in taste. Wine was fabulous, as was the server's knowledge and suggestions. But for the $$, I think a few less tables would be better. Such close quarters, it had at times the feel of the crowdedness of a diner. Shouldn't feel like that at that price. But, i admit, that's probably a little picky. I would go back, and would recommend your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceLittleVIPDined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed our dinner here. Service was very good and very informative. Food is very innovative. Small but intimate. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Went for Dinner on a SATEmmieanne85Dined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was a bit too warm. Ordered the oysters for starters. The padron sorbet was horrible combo to put on top of oysters. Never had to say no to an oyster before but the rest of the food was delish and made up for it. Green tomato app was amazing and the bass and the sauce was great. Had to dip the bread in the sauce since it was so flavorful. Sashimi plate was very small and was o.k. will not order again and the vegetarian entree was very yummy. Will go there again since the menu changes and they are not afraid to try new things even if its a hit or miss.Special Features:
- GreatMeal123DinnerHereB4ACTDined on 8/15/2014Our meal was great. Service was very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll be backtraveldineDined on 8/14/2014We had lunch at Table and really liked the place. The food was excellent--terrific bread and amazing sandwiches and soup--and the service was fast and really friendly. My husband managed to put salt in his coffee and they gave him another cup. I liked the light in the room and it was surprisingly quiet for a place with lots of hard wood services. Convenient location from Malaprops and other places in downtown AshevilleSpecial Features:
- Recent DinnerTableOldTimersDined on 8/12/2014After visiting the Table since it opened, each time we come to Asheville (from Chattanooga), and after many, many memorable meals there, our dinner this past Tuesday (8/12) was one of the most disappointing we've ever had. Too many repetitive items (Octupus on both Appetizer and Entrée groupings), and a generally uninteresting menu. We had the quail, which was just OK. The first-course of Bone Marrow -- which last time we had it was beautifully seared on top and with a lovely gel underneath, this time was pallid and appeared to have been re-heated in a microwave (altho' the bread was lovely). Interestingly, we noted Jacob was not present in the kitchen that evening. Perhaps this could have been the problem.Special Features:
- Still good several years later1969paulVIPDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the changes since my last visit, including having the Imperial Life available for indoor waits. Food was top notch again. Service was mostly good, although it got a little frenetic moving sevaral tables around to accomodate larger parties. That's normal, I'm sure, though.Special Features:
- nice findwendleDined on 8/2/2014We were visiting Asheville and were able to book a reservation here (beware that reservations can be hard to get downtown). We were quite pleased with the quality of food and staff attentiveness. Food was very fresh and some innovative entrees and appetizers.Special Features:
- Had a great time...Grams13Dined on 8/1/2014Food and service were stellar. Nice local seasonal items on the menu. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cutting Edge in AshevilleDowntownRuthie1Dined on 7/28/2014Table is a farm fresh experience with cutting edge appeal. All foodies will be entranced with the menu and equally admiring of the innovative combinations of tastes. Truly a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced tastlessfoodieDined on 7/25/2014I would give this place a zero except the service was great I had a sea bass which had no flavor a mussel appetizer that was in a water sauce there are so many places in Asheville that are expensive and the food has taste as a side note the tables were so close together every time I moved or the man behind me moved we elbowed each other. I had to go to restroom after dinner and couldn't get out because I had to have the man behind me get up in order for me to get out so in order to avoid getting out and getting back in we skipped coffee and desert probably saved money anyway
- Wonderful eveningNanoVIPDined on 7/25/2014Absolutely wonderful food and OUTSTANDING service from Samara. We asked her to make our menu choices since we couldn't decide and they were perfect. A delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table, big thumbs up!AshevilleGal1Dined on 7/22/2014In planning a very special celebration dinner, we immediately thought of TABLE in downtown Asheville. Do not let the "unassuming" store front of this fine dining restaurant fool you! The food and service was outstanding and was perfect for our special evening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unpleasant noisy experiencefrankVIPDined on 7/19/2014Room too loud with noise from upstairs bar andthe music in the resturant I have eaten here before. Different chef? The food was not its usual light imaginarive style; very salty, heavy. Not the light imaginative style presenting fresh local food.Special Features:
- DezieBDined on 7/18/2014Table lived up to our preconceived expectations of farm to table flavor, interesting menu options, and presentation. The service was disappointing as our service came across as cold and mechanical. Maybe an off night but it didn't add to our dining pleasure for sure. We dined on a friday night and the place was lively. We felt a bit rushed thru the courses and happy to move us along. Food alone would be 5 but the rest of the experience left something to be desired. Will try again sometime.Special Features:
- Lucky Find!CowgirlFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014While spending a weekend in Asheville, we happened upon Table on OpenTable and had an amazing dining experience. We enjoyed it so much Friday night, we went back again to enjoy more of the amazing menu on Saturday night. The lamb sausage in the scallop dish is not something we will soon forget. The tuna is a must as well, but try not to miss out in the trout too! It's all so good, I would have a hard time staying away if I were fortunate enough to live in Asheville. If given the opportunity, I highly recommend you ask for Matthew as your server; he will guide you through the experience with eloquence. What an amazing time! Get there earlier in the night to avoid the loud noise from the lounge upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table Makes for Interesting DiningCAZ485Dined on 7/11/2014We had a Saturday night dinner - they were ready for us at reservation time, waitress knew the menu and could give us detailed information on each of the dishes. Food was good: steak tartare appetizer, scollops and marlin, tuna - all good and locally sourced. We had a birthday celebration in our group and the restaurant was acknowledging without being intrusive. Great night.Special Features:
- slow and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2014This was our first and last trip to Table. Food descriptions were inaccurate and pricey given portion. My fish and accompanying veggies were all mush no variation in texture. Another person in our party ordered steak but it was unrecognizable. ..sliced and inconsistent in temperature. Our dining experience lasted nearly 3 hours. It was frustrating. Even dessert was bad....sticky caramel corn, too sweet ice cream and peachless peach beignets. The wine was great!!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014we have recommended your restaurant to others and we plan to be back. we loved the flounder and scallops and the presentation was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeretodineVIPDined on 7/6/2014Menu was different from menu on line, Escargot appetizer was no escargot only 3 the rest beans and pasta, salad was good, my skirt steak was very salty cold and raw, sent it back , I was told we will make you other one, the same came back, very hot plate, steak was cold the same steak very cold, veggies pancake swimming in butter.Special Features:
- Table reviewAinsleyDined on 7/6/2014Table had delicious food with creative twists and locally sourced ingredients. We will definitely go again when we return to Asheville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local is an Artflavor4meDined on 7/5/2014Table is one of few restaurants that can take in any combination of local ingredients and turn them into unique culinary delights. I recommend ordering several appetizers along with an in-season entrée. The wine selection is unique and superb!Special Features:
- I always learn something hereUESDinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Having last dined at Table in 2010, I was pleasantly surprised to find that their novel approach to local, fresh, regional continues to surprise.Special Features:
- canesVIPDined on 7/4/2014Ate here on the 4th of July. Despite the huge crowds, service and food were both very good. Really enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant. After the fireworks, we went upstairs above the restaurant to the Imperial Life bar for dessert and a nightcap. Cool spot & by the time we were leaving, the place was packed with a dj spinning tunes.Special Features:
- PhenomenalNanocDined on 7/4/2014What a find! Loved every bite and sip at this comfortable, exceptional place. We ate at several great restaurants in Asheville. This was by far the best food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally tasty!BartDined on 7/3/2014Great variety, including many locally sourced foods, such as HNG pork. Their house salad was a marvel of simplicity and great flavor. Nice wine list with good choices at fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightAshevilleVisitorDined on 7/2/2014Everything from the appetizers, entrees, and desserts were outstanding and clearly fresh. We loved that they print the menu daily based on what is seasonal/fresh. The atmosphere and servers were classy without being snobby. We will definitely be visiting Table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something MissingCpalmerDined on 7/2/2014The food while creative, lacked something to bring the flavors together. This left the palate wanting more. I enjoyed the space and the service was excellent. Though there is room for improvement, I would probably return to try other items on the menu.
- Table was Great!TheFoodCriticDined on 7/2/2014We had been meaning to go to Table for a long time, and we;re so glad we finally made it! The food was great, and we enjoyed every aspect of our experience. Thanks!!!Special Features:
- oh so fine diningmaliprandiumDined on 7/2/2014This is not as much a critical review as it is a benediction. Table provided the best overall dining experience during our trip to Asheville. The ambiance was simple elegance. Our server was very knowledgeable and amiable. The quail dinner was stunning- beautifully balanced and the chef made the chanterelles a star of the meal. The menu changes frequently to provide the freshest ingredients possible in innovative ways. If you're a proponent of the farm to table movement then you must try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, slow, slow!GoodEatsDined on 7/1/2014Food was good, but not fabulous. our waiter was very nice, but service overall was extremely slow! I ordered hanger steak and loved the sides but steak was like rubber. The asparagus and egg appetizer was delicious.Special Features:
- Unusual, delicious foodlovemyvegetablesDined on 6/30/2014We went to Table for a 50th birthday celebration. They were very kind to surprise my husband with a dessert with a candle in it. The food was varied and unique. The carrot appetizer was a combination of pickled carrots and cooked purple carrots, with a horseradish gelatin and preserves. So good! I had the scallops, and they were perfectly cooked and they gave me 5, which was a very generous portion. Best scallops I have ever had. My husband had the pork, and it was also perfectly cooked. The food is balanced and presented well. Try the boiled peanut hummus - interesting twist on a standard appetizer and it came with a flat bread with seeds in it. It was great. They also serve a large bread plate with olives. Service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Recent LunchhonestdinerVIPDined on 6/27/2014Fabulous pureed soup including blueberries and cucumbers and a bit of jalepeno Great shrimp saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatDavid68VIPDined on 6/25/2014I would call this high end modern. It must have been too modern for me. We had a hard time choosing what to try. My wife had the escargot and thought it was very good. I had the small salad and it was good. For our entrees she had the scallops which were very good. I had the hanger steak which tasted pretty good but was a little tough in parts. I liked the squash pancake but didn’t care for the splash of goop that ran up the plate. All in all I said we would have to give it a mixed review. The service was very good. The ambiance was a little bit industrial and the price a little too steep for the experience.Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeAvlBritDined on 6/23/2014First time we were there it was excellent, this time it was just average. Sam our server was excellent, knowledgable about the wines and the menu. I had forgotten how loud it gets since it's such a small place with no soft furnishings to deaden the sound. The food was ok ...the escargot , the corn was the star of the dish with the escargot mixed in, the meat balls (1 tuna 3 beef) were ok but did not go well together. Pork chop nicely cooked and the steak again nicely cooked but nothing special. We were wowed on our first visit, this time we we not. We looked at the dessert menu but passed we had gelato at home instead ....
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014This is probably the best meal my husband and I have had, and that's saying a lot. The quality, flavor and presentation were unbeaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ashevilleismysoulmateDined on 6/21/2014We had a wonderful time dining here. The food is very good. Started off with their meat/cheese platter. Their cured meats are very good and interesting. Beet salad was wonderful and chicken was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Overall, I had a great experience.Special Features:
- Always a 10+TWC2VIPDined on 6/20/2014We love Table. We have eaten here since it first opened and we are never disappointed. The new bar upstairs is wonderful to have a hand crafted drink if your table is not ready. Love this place.Special Features:
- A table at TablegrumpygourmetVIPDined on 6/20/2014Table is one of our favorite Asheville restaurants. The food is very good, but the friendliness and energy of the wait staff really make Table a worthwhile experience. I recommend you leave the kiddies at the local zoo, and enjoy a great dinner with your significant other.Special Features:
- kittychowDined on 6/19/2014The food was incredible. We ordered four appetizers rather than two entrees, and they were not only filling, but absolutely delicious! Our waiter was knowledgeable, helpful and patient with our chatter! It was a wonderful meal.Special Features: