926 Turquoise Suite H
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.table926.com/
- Phone: 8585390926x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Richman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on Wednesday nights.
A word from Table 926
Located on Turquoise Street in North Pacific Beach, Table 926 is a modern bistro with approachable and stellar California inspired cuisine. Offering a seasonal, farm to plate inspired menu that uses fresh, local ingredients from places like Suzie's Farm, Local Farmers Markets and Catalina Seafood Company. Some of the dishes you might find on our menu include: Duck Carnitas “Street” Tacos, Guajillo-Tamarind Glazed Pork Cheeks, Smoked Duck Salad and Oxtail Ragu Bucatini. Unique and creative specials are served daily. Accompanying the food is an exceptional international wine list and select regional craft beers. With a friendly knowledgeable staff and a classy yet modern ambiance Table 926 is a place for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Table 926 - Best Restaurants in Pacific Beach ›
Table 926 reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (12)special occasion (12)notable wine list (12)romantic (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always goodcmarieDined on 10/21/2014We greatly enjoyed our dinner. We always get the duck tacos and Brussels sprouts for sharing. My shrimp and grits we super. We also took advantage of the "local" discount on Tuesday for residents of Pacific Beach and La Jolla.Special Features:
- Great first visit.BirkieDined on 10/18/2014We were seated right away, the place was pretty full. Good energy level, friendly service and both of our meals were very good. Good price point too, and no problem with parking at all in the lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week findEaterSnackerEaterDrinkerDined on 10/3/2014Tucked away between PB and La Jolla, Table 926 is a hidden gem of a restaurant. The sauteed gnocchi with pork belly, poached egg, arugula and root puree was fantastic, all the flavors perfectly harmonized together and the portion was quite generous. It was presented as a starter, but could also be a great entree. The brown ale braised pork cheeks with corn grits and tamarind glaze was delicious as well--the meat was so tender, there was no need for a knife. Delicious sauce, well balanced dish. The ice creams were good, and the chocolate lava cake was good as well, but they were a bit boring in that you can get ice cream and chocolate lava cake at many restaurants. There is room for more creativity in the desserts, but otherwise yummy!Special Features:
- DinnerCarolDined on 10/2/2014Came here for dinner last Thursday. Requested a different table than what hostess lead us to and she made a displeased face. Our male server was very friendly, the bussers were as well. Our short rib appetizer was very fatty, but the paella was pretty good. We live downtown, so don't think we will be trekking back here anytime soon.
- sososporeformerDined on 9/30/2014First the noise level was very high, probably because of the flat surfaces everywhere. Food....the restaurant week menu was not too bad but not worth $35. Companion ordered tuna that came Well Done with a glob of tapenade on top! I wish the food were better as it could be a nice local restaurant.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We came during restaurant week and loved our experience. Brought two kids and they loved their pasta dish, high chair was challenging though. I liked the menu, but didn't love the restaurant week menu. Great wine! Friendly staff, walking distance from north pb, dessert was tasty. All in all we will most certainly be back and back and back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Forgot to put in our order. Never checked.up on us. Did not even apologize for her mistake until manager talked to her.
- Not goodDinningDaisySDDined on 9/24/2014Dined on Wednesday night, me and my friend visited during restaurant week. Mediocre at best. Save your money and go somewhere else.
- Great BrunchMomanddaughterfunDined on 9/7/2014We had a great brunch at this restaurant. The french toast was fluffy and very tasty. The berries on top were splendid. The lobster omelette was very good. The scones melted in your mouth and had a lot of flavor. I liked the variety. The side potatoes were just the perfect amount and had a lot of flavor.Special Features:
- Easily met high expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014Had read about Table 926 and finally settled on an intimate birthday dinner to give it a try. Although the dinner menu selection isn't huge, studying it closely we could see the emphasis on novelty, and quality and TLC in meal preparation also became apparent. Just how many choices does one need anyway?! Every dish was delicious. Our server was friendly and professional, advising a wine suitable for two very different entrees (paella and lamb). Dinner ended with a birthday candle in a scoop of goat cheese ice cream that tempted us even though appetizer, salad, and entree had fully satisfied. Modest indoor dining space but that very enjoyable evening was not spoiled at all by ambient noise. No question that we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY EVENINGRosieDined on 9/2/2014The food and service was wonderful. Our corner table perfect against the usual noise level...however, the day after Labor Day turned out to be a slow one so noise level was not a problem. The four of us totally enjoyed our evening. This is one of our favorite dinner spots. We also want to try brunch.Special Features:
- Great spotckpb23Dined on 8/26/2014I really enjoyed Table 926. The food was excellent, the prices were reasonable and the service was awesome.Special Features:
- ForidianDined on 8/20/2014Our whole experience was wonderful. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Magicians in the kitchenMichelleDined on 8/19/2014Healthy, vibrant, seasonal food. Great for those needing gluten-free and dairy free options. There is no wrong choice on menu items. It's all good.Special Features:
- Table 926 OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We find this an exceptional dining experience with a great atmosphere of elegance without snobbery. The food is great and attended by a superior staff.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Our food was so delicious. We were served very interesting combinations of very fresh ingredients. Also, our server was very knowledgeable. 926 offers nightly specials. On Wed. there is nice live music and half price bottles of wine. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The awesome waiter!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Our waiter was very very knowledgeable and exceptionally hospitable. He was extremely friendly and answered our questions without persuading us to try the higher end dishes and wine. He tended to us and created a comfortable evening. After a hard day we were relaxed and satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- got it right!localdinerDined on 8/2/2014They are doing it right; great selection of wine/beer, has bar dining, tasty, well-prepared openers and entrees. We had a great meal in a well-designed environment with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointment forgivenjoanVIPDined on 7/29/2014Chef Mark should never feature hanger steak again. So totally inedible, the restaurant took this off our bill. But all is forgiven. This is a great restaurant with great food and a great chef and the other 3 people in my party loved their dinners. we have dined here before...and we will dine here again!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemGlennDined on 7/25/2014This is one of our favorite neighbood restaurants. There is a seasonal menu with nightly specials based on what is local and in season so everything is quite fresh and tasty. It's a good place to get small plates or things to share for the table. Our party of 4 shared an excellent flatbread as an appetizer. Everyone was quite pleased with the main dishes (in our case 2 types of fish) and with the dessert shared among us. The restaurant is casual with friendly service and upscale food. Also good for a special occasion. We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FinephylVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place has been here for over two years and we just now discovered it! Great food and great service. Parking available in the lot in front. Save room for dessert. The banana split is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great find!OutWithFriendsDined on 7/9/2014Saw on yelp and liked owner/chef's story and local connection. Location was great. Service was prompt, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu. Food was amazing in quality (local, organic, fresh) and taste. First time trying "pork cheeks", which were incredible. Flatbread appetizer and lava cake were delicious, too. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!Steph1972VIPDined on 6/26/2014Our third time with Alex as a server and he is incredibly knowledgable, fun and great at what he does! We had brussels sprouts, the Caesar salad, pork tenderloin, short ribs and yellowtail and each one was fantastic! This is accessible fine food. Enough of the trendy touches for foodies, yet quality cuts of meat and fish and just the right touch of seasoning.Special Features:
- The following 260 reviews are from the Table 926 reviews archive.
- Great little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Took a good friend here for her birthday. All of the food was fantastic (even the bread was warm and smelled amazing). We were sat quickly and attended to in a timely manner. The server and bus boy were both friendly and personable. Even offered to take our photo. We ordered the scallop penne and the salmon dishes. Both fantastic and I even cleaned the plate with the bread (I was starving, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that every bit of food was worth the bite). We were also comped a delicious dessert for my friend's birthday. It is a small place, but there is a small parking lot. I'd highly recommend it for small groups.Special Features:
- MitchDined on 6/25/2014Great service and even better food! We had four different dishes and each plate, appetizer, and dessert was amazing.Special Features:
- Great experiencecmarieDined on 6/25/2014This is a wonderful restaurant; we come here often. The food and wine are exquisite and the staff are helpful and very professional.Special Features:
- Special dinnerMelissaVIPDined on 6/24/2014The dinner was a special wine maker dinner and, well...the wines were great but the food, although tasty, didn't pair well in most courses! I was a little disappointed in that aspect. One course had pickled okra that was so spicy I couldn't even taste the wine after. The food alone, good. The wines alone, great...the combinations just didn't always work. The service, however, was stellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date night or with kidsOlaMDDined on 6/21/2014It's a very nice cozy place. Inside looks more appropriate for a date night (cool, trendy place), but I took my kids there and they have a kids menu. Kids had a good time and loved their food and my food was awesome too (watch out for spicy!).Special Features:
- Fine Dining in San DiegoScoffa77Dined on 6/20/2014this was an excellent fins during a recent trip to San Diego. Although a little way off the Pacific Beach seafront, it was still only 15 minute walk from our hotel ( Pacific shores Inn). The menu was short ( I prefer that!) but included some specials and catered for most tastes! We all tried something different ( Seafood Pasta, Hanger Steak, Pork Cheeks and Pork Tenderloin). All were delicious and combined with some unusual ingrediants! Portions were generous but not over facing, so you may have room for puddings of which the deconstructed banyan split was the star! Give this neighbourhood resto a try, you will not be disappointed. Service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Traffic to PBRichDined on 6/15/2014If you're in the area, it's a real no brainer - but we live pretty far inland. We still try to get here a minimum of once a month. This time, it was for their Father's Day brunch with my inlaws. They had a great selection of sweet and savory items (they had 3 kinds of BBQ today which my father-in-law loved!). It's always a welcoming atmosphere and the food is top notch. Really unique and delicious flavor combinations. Perfect for dinner or brunch.Special Features:
- Six Fourteen CelebrationHomebodyDined on 6/14/2014This is our third time at this restaurant. Only once was the noise at a high level. The menu is excitingly innovative and the food has been cooked perfectly. The selection of house wines by the glass is top notch. We always found a parking place which looks like it might be a little tight at times. The prices are moderate. We will be back.Special Features:
- wonderful chefjoanVIPDined on 6/14/2014Who would expect fine food in a neighborhood such as Pacific Beach? It's a flip flop beachy neighborhood and we hardly go there. But friends recommended meeting at this restaurant... and we are so glad they did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usualJTSDVIPDined on 6/11/2014We love this little neighborhood place. Food is very good and gives you a farm to table attitude. My mom would be so proud of me eating Brussels sprouts without a fight. The Yellowtail was a little salty, so the olive tampenade on it went to the side and was smeared on the basket of french bread. I might ask for that as an appetizer for the next visit.
- This is What FRESH is about!NeighborsVIPDined on 6/6/2014The deep fried soft shell crab perched on sausage gumbo with grits was over the top delicious! This neighborhood gem continues to impress. I am sorry that they no longer have their outstanding Empenadas on the menu. However, there is more than enough on their fresh menu to fill the gap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- colbogeyDined on 6/4/2014four of us had dinner....soft shell crab for three of us was terrific, steak was fine not great but then maybe a poor choice when there were other options. Cheese plate/with meat was perfect starter...desert was excellent....didnt see wine menu as there was only one Sav blanc. recommend it, will go back.Special Features:
- True gem of La JollaREDGEDined on 5/11/2014I've been to restaurants in La Jolla and this place blows them all away! Although tucked away in the back of a parking lot, there was enough art appreciation to talk about. Service was just right. Food was great and served very fast. The scones at 926 were the best! I usually don't like scones but found myself walking out with one in my hand after eating four. Shhhh I don't want people to know about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serious about good foodGo4foodDined on 5/9/2014Excellent service. Our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. Two seafood dishes on the menu were not available because the chef felt that morning's delivery was not up to standard. I think this speaks to the high standard of the food. The substitute fish dishes - halibut and yellowtail - were very fresh, interesting and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, will return oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014We came in for a glass of wine and light food. Pleasantly surprised at the wines (and prices). We ended up ordering appetizers and entrees. Don't miss the clams. Even food on the kids menu was great.Special Features:
- JerryDined on 5/7/2014A well appointed restaurant. A rather cool atmosphere, high ceiling, modern decor. My Pinot Noir was excellent, very light. The cauliflower salsify cream soup could have had more flavor. I had hopes to taste the black salsify. My wife's burger was excellent. The mushroom dish I ordered could have had a larger variety and quantity of mushrooms, less pasta. Everything had an air of careful preparation. We'll probably return to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, very good foodLikegoodfoodDined on 5/3/2014Nice wine, beer selections. Farm fresh, interesting and tasty food combos- excellent clam and squash blossom appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.