126 East Main Street
Northville, MI 48167Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://table5.net/
- Phone: (248) 305-6555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Wolschleger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Table 5
Table 5 is located in the heart of historic Northville’s downtown area on Main Street. The building was built in 1867 and has a rich ancestry of Restaurants being in that location.We are a stones throw away from the Tipping Point Theatre, Historic Mill Race Village and of course the diverse shopping stores that make up the charm that is Northville.We are open Monday through Saturday from 5 pm until 11 pm. Come join us for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Table 5 - Best Restaurants in Northville ›
Table 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (62)special occasion (54)romantic (31)notable wine list (22)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (14)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Table 5CarversDined on 11/22/2014LIked the food & restaurant in general. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Service DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Although we had the best experience ever at any restaurant just one week before, this trip was not so great, due to the location of our table and the lack of attention from our server. We were placed next to the waiter station and my husband's chair was constantly kicked by wait staff passing through. Our waiter disappeared for at least an hour and we had the bus boy get us refills on drinks, refill on the water pitcher and even bring us coffee after dinner. We love the restaurant and the food but next time will request a specific table and ensure we do not have this same waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinner during local parade.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014This was a fun, warm and welcoming experience. It was a very cold Friday night, the parade was still going, town was overrun with cars and visitors. Restaurant's first seating was late because of parking and parade. When we arrive at the restaurant, it was full of people waiting. All that, and yet we were made to feel so welcome, given a spot to be away from the front door, offered a drink and appetizer. It was great, inside, warm and friendly. Meal and service, were superb, we enjoyed the experience and will go back. Maitre D is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and cozyWindaDined on 11/20/2014Nice, comfortable place on a cold and snowy night. Great food - I had the halibut and it was fabulous, my husband had a pork chop he said was terrific. Attentive, friendly service. A little on the pricey side, but well worth it. The only down side was that the ladies room was all the way at the back, against an outside wall and it was Freezing!!!! Please put a heater in there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is a great Northville spot. Always interesting food and good service. This is a small restaurant with a nice cozy feel with great food. There is always something new and great on the menu. Its great for a small group or special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrsGalDined on 11/11/2014For the most part the atmosphere is pleasant, however we were seated along the wall where the Bar is open to the Dining area and we found the "Happy Hour" patrons a little loud. Our Server was "adequate", could have been more attentive and a little more pleasant. The food was very good enjoyed the halibut and the salmon. The bottled wine was very reasonable in price and a nice selection was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteTerrybDined on 11/8/2014We love "Table 5", we brought an other couple with us this time, and as always, it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!JasonHeienDined on 11/1/2014We made reservations, were late, and notified them that we were running late, and they still kept our reservation! Service was impeccable. We will definitely be back to hang in the bar area!Special Features:
- It was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014Great food. Great service. The vegetarian plate tat the chef whipped up for me was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealBatgirlyDined on 10/25/2014We have eaten here numerous times and have never had a bad dish. The wait staff is top-notch and always up to speed about the menu. Menu is small, but we like that. Meals are uniquely flavored and always served hot! A top pick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How to do it rightTravellingFoodieDined on 10/25/2014Four of us had dinner Saturday night and it was a delightful experience. They called and asked, if it wasn't any trouble, could we come a bit early, as they had some reservation changes and were trying to work everything out. That was fine for us. We arrived 20 minutes early and were seated immediately. Food choices were excellent as were the wines and it always makes me happy to see a Marlboro (NZ) Sauvignon Blanc on the menu. We had appetizers, salads, ahi tuna, pork chops, chicken breast, creme brule and some chocolate mousse-type extravaganza. I don't eat desert but the others raved about them. And the service was exceptional. One of the best waitresses I have ever had, and I eat out (travelling) around 100 nights a year.Special Features:
- Great foodFlyingpigDined on 10/24/2014This was our first time doing at Table 5. The food was great. We ordered the muscle appetizer, it was amazing. Not only did the food taste good but it was presented well. Overall great please and we will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayfoodiesDined on 10/18/2014Table for 6 @ Table 5. Staff was great, friendly, knowledgable and professional, but knew when to interact and when to step back. Food was good to very good. Problem for me was no soup on a saturday night/Sweetest Day. Several menu items came differently them described, meaning plated with alternative sides or accents. Plus only one special and it was veal. The food that was served was very good and reccomendable. Atmosphere is outstanding.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurantguruDined on 10/18/2014Table 5 is located in a beautiful historic area. The ambiance was beautiful. This is a cozy, inviting gem in the city of Northville. I had the Chicken Bell and Evans. It was delicious. My husband ordered the Sirloin. Also very good. We both ordered Calamari as an appetizer. I am glad we ordered 2 because It was amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Northville MItravelbumDined on 10/18/2014Table for 5 is a solid dining experience. The owners are typically on site, interested in feedback on the restaurant and food. The service is always excellent and the food is great. While not an exhaustive menu, the special items are seasonally offered and others remain on the menu throughout the year (scallops, mussels, salmon, pork etc). All selections are very good-excellent and well presented. Nuances are also excellent, such as the flavored butters that are served w each meal which are outstanding. Likewise the soups are wonderful. Have never had a bad meal here in years, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in NorthvilleNexusDined on 10/3/2014We have made Table 5 our standard restaurant when going to Tipping Point Theater. We tend to visit once every 6 months or so because we live way across town. They have very good food and the menu varies by season. They serve good bread with We particularly liked their current scallops that have an Asian flair. The crowning of the meal, at least in the fall is the bread pudding made with cider mill donuts. Do not miss this dessert if they have it. In the spring and summer, we like to sit outside on main street and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining with a viewTayomiesterDined on 10/2/2014Dining at Table 5 is exactly what I was looking for. Sitting by the window with a view was very romantic. Service was perfect and the menu to pick from is just outstanding. It is my number one destination for dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not disppointed!thbtweetyDined on 10/1/2014My friend and I ate dinner here on a Wednesday evening. The menu was varied and offered interesting flavor combinations. We were both delighted with our selections! Wonderful service and great atmosphere, would recommend to anyone, even foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in ALL Ways!WRW48375Dined on 9/26/2014I dine regularly at Table 5. It is great for grabbing an appetizer or special happy hour meal at the bar or for celebrating a special occasion or any reason in between. The food is always fresh, well-prepared and perfectly plated and presented. The wait staff is always friendly, but knows how to serve and let the table enjoy their evening. The menu offers a wide selection and changes based on the seasons. So, no matter how many times I dine at T5, there is always something new I am excited to try. The wine list is balanced in quality and value. Michelle, the owner, will always greet you warmly. She is a lovely woman and savvy restauranteur who has assembled a great team incl. Chef Brandon, Bartender Brian and Asst. Mgr. Ryan! Just GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatAnniversaryDinerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was good, but not great for the price. Had an excellent server, but we were there for our anniversary and that was never mentioned even though I put it as a special request when booking the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great ambience and excellent food. Service was outstanding. Loved it and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, AC is on too highziltamaDined on 9/24/2014Tried the 3 course meal special that is available on Wednesdays and Fridays. All the food was great, even the chard salad (and we normally avoid chard). However, the AC was on way too high in the restaurant, so we ended up freezing, which hampered the experience. The waiter tried to turn it down but then it would crank up again.Special Features:
- Lovely local quaint restaurantDancingQueenDined on 9/18/2014Good food and service ... Prices are a little on the pricey side but quality and quantity were excellent! Nice wine and dessert menu. There were no specials when we went for Dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I found this Gem, will return!HeartlanderVIPDined on 9/16/2014First time there and wasn't disappointed! Jeff was our server and all his suggestions were great. Started with the trout pate and loved it, the fresh Scottish salmon and scallops were prepared to perfection, enjoyed our desserts and found the entire experience wonderful. The atmosphere and building are particularly nice. Independently developed and run, the owners have renovated one of the beautiful old buildings in Northville's quaint downtown and it's very cozy in the brick-walled bar and restaurant area. Was nice to walk out of the hubbub on the street into the quiet relaxation of a nice dinner and atmosphere. You can even peek into the restaurant kitchen when you go to the washroom. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Almost there...WhaleDined on 9/15/2014So close. This is the kind of restaurant you really want to be fabulous. Beautiful downtown location in Northville. Quaint brick building. Interesting interior layout. The food is pretty good and they have interesting menu options, but the price/value relationship isn't there. If the prices were 20% less I'd go there a lot, but they charge premium prices for an experience that is very good but not great.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!!JillianDined on 9/12/2014We had an amazing dinner. We had the tuna and the Panko encrusted fish. Both were delicious. Definitely would recommend table 5. The service was great and we sat in the bar after dinner-great bar area also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best corn chowder on the planetobamaDined on 9/5/2014Best corn chowder on the planet is at table five. I highly recommend getting it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 5 not that greatMissyDined on 8/30/2014Food was ok. My husband ordered sirloin and received the filet. It was fine he didn't care but really? Wrong cut of meat. The wedge salad was gritty, sandy. Very strange and my duck was basically raw and had no flavor. I order ease cons glass of wine and the server forgot. About 15 minutes later we reminded him and he was very apologetic and took it off bill. We had reservations through open table but were seated at a tiny table set just between two larger tables. Very uncomfortable! Those with reservations for two arriving directly after us had beautiful tables for two. We were very disappointed and will never recommend it this was our anniversary dinner and we listened to 3 loud woman next to us discuss plastic surgery. Not good!Special Features:
- HannahHannahDined on 8/27/2014It was good experience. Food was good. Service was good. They kept the nice round table for us by the window when I made a request a table for cozy and easy to speak. We enjoyed conversation very much. I will visit there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special NightMarkDined on 8/23/2014Last Saturday was our first time there. We had a great server. Scallops lived up to their billing and the seared tuna was prepared very well. Kale and wedge salads were delicious. Good wine selections and the spanish coffee I had for desert was very well done. My wife's pote de creme was rich and silky without being too sweet. We are going to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingly eclectic mixm0beDined on 8/16/2014the menu changes based off seasonal availability. The items are paired wonderfully. The price reflects the amazing talent of the head chef. The setting and ambiance of the indoor bar and dining room are great for wowing your romantic interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Excellent ExperienceCarGuyDined on 8/14/2014Service was great. Food was even better. Ambience is reserved, but appropriate for fine dining in Downtown Northville. Bar area had a nice buzz happening around it, feels like you "came to the right place" when you walk in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Was a great experience all the way around, food, service and ambience!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Great restaurant in a quaint small suburban town. Recommend itSpecial Features:
- Lamb chops not specialbonniebrookDined on 8/1/2014We dined there last Friday, during the Northville street fair. My husband ordered the lamb chop special and found the meat very fatty. There was very little lamb on his plate. I had the halibut, and while it was better than what my husband ordered, it was dried out/overcooked a bit. This is the first time we have had a problem, but it was discouraging since we were celebrating our son's birthday and had always talked highly about Table Five.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 608 reviews are from the Table 5 reviews archive.
- Table 5 is UniqueTeamNoviDined on 7/28/2014Table 5 is a unique restaurant just like the city of Northville. We went to celebrate a birthday and had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed our expereince at the restaurant. I especially liked the pork chops.Special Features:
- Jim DJIMDDined on 7/26/2014The evening with special friends from out of town was perfect in every way. Service and an appetizing wine list accented the evening as we introduced frequent and discerning diners to a " Taste of Northville " that impressed them across the board. " A wonderful experience we hope to enjoy again " about summed it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningHomeBoyDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time at Table 5, but not our last. The restaurant is small and attractive. The meal was excellent! Reservations are advised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Took a friend for her birthday...all the meals were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very happylclikefoodVIPDined on 7/17/2014This was our first time at Table 5. The food was delicious and we really liked the atmosphere. I had the tuna - YUM and my husband the porkchop. Both were very good. We will be returning.Special Features: