126 East Main Street
Northville, MI 48167Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://table5.net/
- Phone: 2483056555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Wolschleger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Table 5
Table 5 is located in the heart of historic Northville’s downtown area on Main Street. The building was built in 1867 and has a rich ancestry of Restaurants being in that location.We are a stones throw away from the Tipping Point Theatre, Historic Mill Race Village and of course the diverse shopping stores that make up the charm that is Northville.We are open Monday through Saturday from 5 pm until 11 pm. Come join us for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Table 5 - Best Restaurants in Northville ›
Table 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)special occasion (61)fit for foodies (60)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (29)notable wine list (21)hot spot (14)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wife's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Table for 6 @ Table 5. Staff was great, friendly, knowledgable and professional, but knew when to interact and when to step back. Food was good to very good. Problem for me was no soup on a saturday night/Sweetest Day. Several menu items came differently them described, meaning plated with alternative sides or accents. Plus only one special and it was veal. The food that was served was very good and reccomendable. Atmosphere is outstanding.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurantguruDined on 10/18/2014Table 5 is located in a beautiful historic area. The ambiance was beautiful. This is a cozy, inviting gem in the city of Northville. I had the Chicken Bell and Evans. It was delicious. My husband ordered the Sirloin. Also very good. We both ordered Calamari as an appetizer. I am glad we ordered 2 because It was amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Northville MIOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Table for 5 is a solid dining experience. The owners are typically on site, interested in feedback on the restaurant and food. The service is always excellent and the food is great. While not an exhaustive menu, the special items are seasonally offered and others remain on the menu throughout the year (scallops, mussels, salmon, pork etc). All selections are very good-excellent and well presented. Nuances are also excellent, such as the flavored butters that are served w each meal which are outstanding. Likewise the soups are wonderful. Have never had a bad meal here in years, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in NorthvilleNexusDined on 10/3/2014We have made Table 5 our standard restaurant when going to Tipping Point Theater. We tend to visit once every 6 months or so because we live way across town. They have very good food and the menu varies by season. They serve good bread with We particularly liked their current scallops that have an Asian flair. The crowning of the meal, at least in the fall is the bread pudding made with cider mill donuts. Do not miss this dessert if they have it. In the spring and summer, we like to sit outside on main street and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining with a viewTayomiesterDined on 10/2/2014Dining at Table 5 is exactly what I was looking for. Sitting by the window with a view was very romantic. Service was perfect and the menu to pick from is just outstanding. It is my number one destination for dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not disppointed!thbtweetyDined on 10/1/2014My friend and I ate dinner here on a Wednesday evening. The menu was varied and offered interesting flavor combinations. We were both delighted with our selections! Wonderful service and great atmosphere, would recommend to anyone, even foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in ALL Ways!WRW48375Dined on 9/26/2014I dine regularly at Table 5. It is great for grabbing an appetizer or special happy hour meal at the bar or for celebrating a special occasion or any reason in between. The food is always fresh, well-prepared and perfectly plated and presented. The wait staff is always friendly, but knows how to serve and let the table enjoy their evening. The menu offers a wide selection and changes based on the seasons. So, no matter how many times I dine at T5, there is always something new I am excited to try. The wine list is balanced in quality and value. Michelle, the owner, will always greet you warmly. She is a lovely woman and savvy restauranteur who has assembled a great team incl. Chef Brandon, Bartender Brian and Asst. Mgr. Ryan! Just GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatAnniversaryDinerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was good, but not great for the price. Had an excellent server, but we were there for our anniversary and that was never mentioned even though I put it as a special request when booking the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great ambience and excellent food. Service was outstanding. Loved it and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, AC is on too highziltamaDined on 9/24/2014Tried the 3 course meal special that is available on Wednesdays and Fridays. All the food was great, even the chard salad (and we normally avoid chard). However, the AC was on way too high in the restaurant, so we ended up freezing, which hampered the experience. The waiter tried to turn it down but then it would crank up again.Special Features:
- Lovely local quaint restaurantDancingQueenDined on 9/18/2014Good food and service ... Prices are a little on the pricey side but quality and quantity were excellent! Nice wine and dessert menu. There were no specials when we went for Dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I found this Gem, will return!HeartlanderVIPDined on 9/16/2014First time there and wasn't disappointed! Jeff was our server and all his suggestions were great. Started with the trout pate and loved it, the fresh Scottish salmon and scallops were prepared to perfection, enjoyed our desserts and found the entire experience wonderful. The atmosphere and building are particularly nice. Independently developed and run, the owners have renovated one of the beautiful old buildings in Northville's quaint downtown and it's very cozy in the brick-walled bar and restaurant area. Was nice to walk out of the hubbub on the street into the quiet relaxation of a nice dinner and atmosphere. You can even peek into the restaurant kitchen when you go to the washroom. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Almost there...WhaleDined on 9/15/2014So close. This is the kind of restaurant you really want to be fabulous. Beautiful downtown location in Northville. Quaint brick building. Interesting interior layout. The food is pretty good and they have interesting menu options, but the price/value relationship isn't there. If the prices were 20% less I'd go there a lot, but they charge premium prices for an experience that is very good but not great.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!!JillianDined on 9/12/2014We had an amazing dinner. We had the tuna and the Panko encrusted fish. Both were delicious. Definitely would recommend table 5. The service was great and we sat in the bar after dinner-great bar area also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best corn chowder on the planetobamaDined on 9/5/2014Best corn chowder on the planet is at table five. I highly recommend getting it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 5 not that greatMissyDined on 8/30/2014Food was ok. My husband ordered sirloin and received the filet. It was fine he didn't care but really? Wrong cut of meat. The wedge salad was gritty, sandy. Very strange and my duck was basically raw and had no flavor. I order ease cons glass of wine and the server forgot. About 15 minutes later we reminded him and he was very apologetic and took it off bill. We had reservations through open table but were seated at a tiny table set just between two larger tables. Very uncomfortable! Those with reservations for two arriving directly after us had beautiful tables for two. We were very disappointed and will never recommend it this was our anniversary dinner and we listened to 3 loud woman next to us discuss plastic surgery. Not good!Special Features:
- HannahHannahDined on 8/27/2014It was good experience. Food was good. Service was good. They kept the nice round table for us by the window when I made a request a table for cozy and easy to speak. We enjoyed conversation very much. I will visit there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special NightMarkDined on 8/23/2014Last Saturday was our first time there. We had a great server. Scallops lived up to their billing and the seared tuna was prepared very well. Kale and wedge salads were delicious. Good wine selections and the spanish coffee I had for desert was very well done. My wife's pote de creme was rich and silky without being too sweet. We are going to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingly eclectic mixm0beDined on 8/16/2014the menu changes based off seasonal availability. The items are paired wonderfully. The price reflects the amazing talent of the head chef. The setting and ambiance of the indoor bar and dining room are great for wowing your romantic interest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Excellent ExperienceCarGuyDined on 8/14/2014Service was great. Food was even better. Ambience is reserved, but appropriate for fine dining in Downtown Northville. Bar area had a nice buzz happening around it, feels like you "came to the right place" when you walk in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Was a great experience all the way around, food, service and ambience!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Great restaurant in a quaint small suburban town. Recommend itSpecial Features:
- Lamb chops not specialbonniebrookDined on 8/1/2014We dined there last Friday, during the Northville street fair. My husband ordered the lamb chop special and found the meat very fatty. There was very little lamb on his plate. I had the halibut, and while it was better than what my husband ordered, it was dried out/overcooked a bit. This is the first time we have had a problem, but it was discouraging since we were celebrating our son's birthday and had always talked highly about Table Five.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 5 is UniqueTeamNoviDined on 7/28/2014Table 5 is a unique restaurant just like the city of Northville. We went to celebrate a birthday and had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed our expereince at the restaurant. I especially liked the pork chops.Special Features:
- Jim DJIMDDined on 7/26/2014The evening with special friends from out of town was perfect in every way. Service and an appetizing wine list accented the evening as we introduced frequent and discerning diners to a " Taste of Northville " that impressed them across the board. " A wonderful experience we hope to enjoy again " about summed it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningHomeBoyDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time at Table 5, but not our last. The restaurant is small and attractive. The meal was excellent! Reservations are advised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Took a friend for her birthday...all the meals were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very happylclikefoodDined on 7/17/2014This was our first time at Table 5. The food was delicious and we really liked the atmosphere. I had the tuna - YUM and my husband the porkchop. Both were very good. We will be returning.Special Features:
- BergunkiVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had a great time, and loved the northville window table! Our server was fantastic and had great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningveggielibrarianDined on 7/17/2014A light, airy, small atmosphere combined with beautifully prepared and presented food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Table 5jdsquaredVIPDined on 7/15/2014Best food and service in Northville. When we want great food, decently priced, Table 5 is our choice. The menu is not overwhelming but sufficiently varied to cater to a variety of tastes and preferences. The pork chop was delicious and cooked just right. The filet was fantastic and the scallops were there usual best.Special Features:
- Another Northville GemFinedineinNvilleDined on 7/12/2014Locals love this place. Great food and service. And now there are many "outsiders" finding their way here. Good for them. BTW the bar is great for a light snack and a fine martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014we met with a long time friend and Table 5 was the perfect setting to enjoy conversation. enjoyed the appetizer (great calamari) and our entres were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Great ValueDealDogDined on 7/12/2014Northville is an under the radar community in south eastern michigan and i definitely feel that Table 5 reflected this perspective. Very good food for a reasonable price. We ate outdoors and the table for 4 was too small and the downtown chimes playing muzak was offensive. But the service and food made up for the small table discomfort and the village muzak. The inside bar looked very cool with the world cup playing and overall a very good feel. Three out of four ordered fish and they were all prepared and presented in a world class manner. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining!KarenDined on 7/11/2014We celebrated our 45th Wedding Anniversary here and it was perfect! Food, service, and ambience were spot on. The crab fritter and calamari appetizers were delicious. Entrees of salmon and scallops were wonderful and a beautifully decorated plate with a candle on our pot de creme dessert finished the evening. Just superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good restaurantJetJDined on 7/1/2014We are French couple, used to good restaurants in France. We moved in the US, MI, Northville area 3 years ago. Table 5 is, so far, the best restaurant we went to.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2014Had a 9 o'clock reservation and were seated promptly. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Our server was very friendly although his menu knowledge could use a little work. He wasn't able to tell us where a couple seafood items were from. He also didn't seem to know too much about the wine list. Again, he was very friendly and a good server overall. The trout pate was excellent, as well as the calamari that we had for appetizers. The scallop entrée was fantastic! The scallops were huge, U-15's I assume. I had the panko crusted Halibut and that was just as good. Unfortunately we weren't able to get the bread until we had our entrees which was too late so we didn't even try it. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- The following 593 reviews are from the Table 5 reviews archive.
- Perfect date restaurantlaserjockDined on 6/17/2014Table 5 was astonishing. The comfy bar was perfect for having appetizers and a refreshing beverage and the bartender was personable and attentive. The appetizers were quite good. I highly recommend their Sangria--which is not on the menu. But, if you ask for it, you are in for a special treat. The dining area was very comfortable, classy, and not too noisy. The table by the picture window is perfect for a special occasion. The wine list was extensive and high quality. There was a good variety of food and the quality was out of this world! The halibut was pure ecstasy! Our waiter was absolutely perfect...very attentive with a glowing attitude. The prices were in line with a high quality dining experience and well worth it.Special Features:
- Buzzing BistroUsed2euroDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed the wonderful service, niceties of tablecloth, linens and proper table setting for casual restaurant( not common in area)... Menu had good variety and I had " Special' of Great LakesWallEye, which was delicious and refreshing, but more soup based than expected. Nice ambience, but as in almost all American bistros & restaurants, noisy...due to level of voices not the acoustics. Other diners at my table loved their entrees. Desserts disappointing, though...Chocolate pot served in too large a mug(typically espresso cup is enough), pavlova not chewy in middle and root beer cake a bit strange, even for my root beer loving son! But thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will go back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Jasper1VIPDined on 6/14/2014Dinner and Service were outstanding. My wife and I have been to Table 5 several times and have always enjoyed the evening. Highly recommend this spot. Keep doing what your doing!!Special Features: