309 Market St
Roanoke, VA 24011Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.table50roanoke.com/
- Phone: 5409042350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Travis Powell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party? Need Catering?
Table 50 is an excellent place to have your party. We will create a unique menu and pair it with perfect beverages. Great food, excellent wines, and nice ambiance will make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Neal Elliott 5409042350
- Cross Street: Market and Church
- Public Transit: Located just a few blocks away from the main bus terminal downtown.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on Market Street in front of the restaurant. A parking garage is also available just around the corner on Church Street.
A word from Table 50
Table 50 in Roanoke offers a fine dining experience. Visit us for dinner, lunch or reserve our restaurant for a private party and we will do everything to make you feel welcome. Classic techniques; local ingredients. Affordable, hand-picked wines from around the world. Customized menus for any event. Award-winning cuisine. Make a reservation today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Table 50 - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
Table 50 reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)fit for foodies (21)romantic (19)good for groups (13)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Table 50 consistently delivers quality food and service. The filet is always perfectly prepared and potato cake is delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 50 is wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Wonderful food, great service, just everything you could want in a nice evening out. It's a jewel and Roanoke is lucky to have it.Special Features:
- Service and FoodEnjoylocaldiningDined on 8/23/2014Table 50 was a very pleasant experience! We were dining there for the first time and for a special occasion. We really appreciated the excellent service we received, eg the waiter suggested a beer for one of us and the person thought it was bitter, the waiter replaced no questions asked; a napkin was dropped and immediately picked by another staff person and replaced. When leaving, the host thanked us and walked us to the door. Our waiter was knowledgeable of the specials and offered to repeat them and answer any questions. The main reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was the noise level, 2 of our party of 4 wear hearing aids and found it difficult to carry on a conversation. The food was fantastic and I appreciated the selection of entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 50RoanokeAttyDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful restaurant. We were there to celebrate an engagement and had a great time. Everything we ordered was delicious and Table 50 continues to be one of my favorite restaurants. A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant in town...VTJulepDined on 8/19/2014We discovered Table 50 a few years back on my birthday, and then again during Roanoke's restaurant week. This is still on the top of Roanoke's extensive restaurant list for me. If they are serving it, I recommend the New Orleans BBQ shrimp for an appetizer and the Duo of Duck for the main course! Incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I were in Roanoke staying at the Hotel Roanoke (short walk) looking for a good dinner....based on recomendations we booked it and the food was great...service was super.....atmosphere was just wonderful. We really enjoyed the evening and will definately return next time we are in Roanoke..Special Features:
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Great place to catch up with friends after the summer. Great food and a quiet but conversational atmosphere. We always keep here in mind when dining downtownSpecial Features:
- Loud and crowdedBGswifeyDined on 8/8/2014Overall the food was really good. The service was very slow and the noise level was obnoxious. We didn't like the seating arrangement as it was a long bench seat against the wall with tables lined up - so essentially you are sitting on top of another couple- very unromantic. We liked the food but most likely won't return
- Wonderful!LoveditDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I love this place! The food is amazing and it's a neat atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid like the plagueJorbaDined on 7/15/2014This place has aspirations to being fine dining/silver service but no one hear has any real idea what's involved in that. The food was poor. I sent my lobster mac and cheese appetizer back because I could taste nothing from it except salt. Sure lobster/seafood is going to taste a little saline but this had half a pound of salt added. They gave me a seafood bouillabaisse in replacement and this was bland. For the main I got a steak, and obviously a good cut - tasty. But cooked so poorly it was as tough as an old boot.Service was appalling too. Our waiter was more interested in flirting with the two girls at the next table. And it took twenty minutes for every drink to arrive. At $170 for two it should be better than this. The decor was good
- Great Food and ServiceBIRTHDAYDined on 7/12/2014Was my 50th birthday- irony of my restaurant choice was recognized once seated at our table where they had place a large card stating Happy Birthday in Sharpie over the Table 50 logo printed on it alng with our name. NIce touch. Waiter, Pete, on point and treated to crab bisque shooters- delish- made me want to order a whaole bowl. Then helped select an excellent wine to go with our wonderful meal. Very unique and light beyond yummy chocolate "pie" dessert (can't recall the name) was shared with my husband and an excellent night was complete. Owner, Eric stopped to table say hello. Couldn't have asked for anything better...Special Features:
- old school drink menunew2OTDined on 6/27/2014This was my third visit and the food was just as good as the last two times. They have wonderful fresh menu items and a great wine selection. I'm a big fan of the old school mixed drink menu. I will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!JLandGLDined on 6/20/2014We love Table 50...the food is AMAZING and our server was tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicemrcaniacDined on 6/19/2014From the time you walk in until you leave, you know that you are in an establishment run by real pros. The wait staff are excellent, the food is wonderful, and the decor is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOneCheckPleaseDined on 6/19/2014Took a group of clients (8) there. Overall the food was okay. Appetizers of mini burgers and fried oysters were good. A variety of entrees ordered included steaks and seafood. The steaks were cooked right and tasted fine according to feedback. The special was a pasta dish with chicken. My did not like it after two bites. I selected good wines for the table. We had wine left over. Did we need the extra round of bottles opened? In the end the bill averaged about $100 per person. Overall I did not feel it was a special experience for that price.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014Food was great. Was with a group we ordered the fried oysters, sweet potato gnocchi and the crab dip which were delightful. The gnocchi were pillowy and just the right amount of sweet. I ordered the crab cake and Brussels sprout hash for dinner. The Brussels sprout hash was cooked perfectly. Lots of Carmelized bits of Brussels sprout leaves and potato. Lightly salted. The crab cake was mostly crab and the aioli was light. The slaw that was served with the crab cake was amazing. It was served warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing LunchfoodiechikDined on 5/31/2014My son requested Table 50 for his high school graduation lunch. We've been going to Table 50 for years. I'd had a reservation for two months so they knew they would have a big crowd that day. The restaurant was dark and cold and very noisy. Whether they've changed chefs or just their menu, it was very disappointing. The waitress was on edge and seemed to be bothered that she had to wait on us. Oysters were on the special board but they wouldn't fix them. Service was very slow, we were starving and wound up eating 10 plates of chips before we got our lunch- there's nothing else to share. The menu is now mostly sandwiches; gone are some of the nice salads and entrees they used to have for lunch. We won't be back.
- My problem was with our waiter.Lex2Dined on 5/30/2014My major problem was with the service. Our waiter was not very knowledgeable. He was pleasant.Special Features:
- Caught them on a bad night?DisappointedInRoanokeDined on 5/24/2014Stopped here for dinner while on vacation, we left pretty disappointed. The nearly deserted, but everyone was very friendly. We shared a mussel appetizer.. Good, but nothing to write home about. I had a fish special (wish I could say what fish but our server was so bad at pronuncing the ingredients in the specials that I have no clue). Fish was good and well cooked, but was served alongside white rice, red beans and bok choy hash which was bland, dry and very strange. My girlfriend's pasta was overcooked and so spicy it was nearly inedible (we love spicey foods but I view overly spicey foods as the crutch of a under-skilled chef). All-in-all, subpar for a $125+ meal for two. And we're from D.C. So we're used to paying for a good meal.
- Great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014We ate an early dinner and were one of the few couples there. The service, which is usually outstanding, was merely adequate this time. We were surprised given how few people were in the restaurant at the time we were dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerroanokedinerDined on 5/21/2014This is the second time my wife and I had a special dinner at Table 50. and once again, we were not disappointed!Special Features:
- UnremarkableBruceDined on 5/21/2014Overall food was average. Blackened tuna was cooked correctly, (med rare), but was very dry and lacked flavor. Tried my wife's crab cakes...I was not impressed nor was she. The service was pretty good and the wine list was extensive and well priced. We enjoyed the bottle we had with dinner. We had heard good things about the restaurant and invited a couple to go with us. Unfortunately we were all a little disappointed.Special Features:
- Traveler pleasedLocalDined on 5/17/2014Fried oyster appetizer was wonderful. Swordfish with rissoto special was heavenly. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2014Food was great and the service was too... very good experience. We enjoy eating there with family before going to Mil Mountain Theater Thank you, we will be back! John JohnsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but not greatAugcarrVIPDined on 5/12/2014Execution was just a little off. Several dishes too salty(sauces and dressing), some ingredients were below average (arugula), and overall flavored seemed out of balance. Great concepts on menu, but execution just wasn't there. Wasn't bad, but I wouldn't be likely to go back.
- Skidad813Dined on 5/10/2014Another great dining experience at Table 50. Always a go to restaurant for me and my family! I am never disappointed by their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 160 reviews are from the Table 50 reviews archive.
- LoveopentableDined on 5/3/2014I dine here every time I'm in Roanoke. This time it was after my son's graduation from Roanoke Cllege.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and differentDoo0Dined on 5/2/2014Came here with out of town guests! Really enjoyed the diverse menu and high quality food. Wonderful place for a special occasion or business meeting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place2foodiesVIPDined on 4/14/2014They have a good lunch menu and service is excellent. I would definitely recommend this to a friend, and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLisaDined on 3/28/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at Table 50. This was our first time dining here, and we actually were having a dinner meeting with business associates. So we were hoping everything would turn out well. We were not disappointed. Our guest thoroughly enjoyed his mussels, and salad w/ extra anchovies! We ordered the crab cakes which was delicious and my husband ordered the Ahi-Tuna which he loved. Our server was very attentive and responsive to our requests. I would recommend this restaurant to others and I'm sure we will be back. If I had one negative comment, it would be that the pecan pie was slightly overcooked.Special Features:
- Excellent!dmh325Dined on 3/24/2014The food here is excellent! One of the best "fancy" restaurants in town. We definitely recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!abahnDined on 3/15/2014We love coming to this restaurant! The menu and food is always consistent and very good! We have yet to be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBeachjeeperVIPDined on 2/26/2014Highly recommend! Great food, Pete our waiter, was very attentive and went out if his way to get us some intel on a great IPA they had on tap. The place was very busy with a very large party 25+ people right next to us but you would never have know because our table service was impeccable! Great atmosphere, terrific food and supurb Waite Staff. What's not to love! Will come back next time I am in Roanoke !!Special Features:
- Pre Theater DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2014Going to see a show at Mill Mountain Theater? Have your dinner here! I've been talking up the gnocchi app to any one who will listen! Split it with a friend however, as it is rich! They will stay your friend, I promise you. They had Hunters stew the other night. I wish they had it every night. Best I've ever had. Vegetarians you had best skip it, unless you are in the mood for cheating. It was good, with a really savory but light broth. Nothing to heavy. Nice dining here. Oh and the service really is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Table 50 is alwaysDineInDined on 2/14/2014The food at Table 50 is always great. We love going here for not only special occasions but for an evening when we want to have an amazing meal. This restaurant never lets us down. The quality of food and the quiet atmosphere of the restaurant is what sets them apart from others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table<50chowdownDined on 1/27/2014Have dined here before and usually very good. Service this time was very slow. Only three tables in restaurant were full but still very unresponsive to refilling water, drinks, etc. Food was good. "Gentlemen" at bar with their dates were very loud, dropping f-bomb several times which could be overheard in the dining area. Probably will not dine here again.
- expected betterSteakmanDined on 1/25/2014Crab bisque was excellent, desserts were great, ribeye was mostly fat....disappointing!
- great food and service thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014great food and service though felt a little rushed at times.Special Features:
- Hidden Delight on Market StreetkensosnowskiDined on 1/22/2014Our first visit to Table 50 was a wonder. I had not realized that this gem was hidden behind the vendor tables on Market Street. We sampled the salmon with Chicago butter sauce - excellent - and the tender, flavorful steak. We had been advised to try the crab cakes. We did this with trepidation since both of us grew up in Maryland where the blue crab is worshiped. We were not disappointed. The taste and texture were both subtle. The fine but mild flavor of the crab was not over-whelmed by spices. The service was as good as the food. We will be back to check out some of the other menu offerings.Special Features:
- An enjoyable evening withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2014An enjoyable evening with lovely presented, very tasty items. This weeks offerings for the special three course Restaurant week were wonderfulSpecial Features: