9801 Carnegie Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tbl45.com/
- Phone: 2167074045
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. Saturday: 3:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Sunday Brunch: 11:00 a.m - 3:00 p.m. Dinner: Daily 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Bar: Cocktails Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. Saturday: 3:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Zack Bruell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We can accomodate parties up to 30 people in our semi-private dining area. We also offer Sunday Brunch from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m
A word from Table 45
Table 45 offers a new cosmopolitan dining concept in the heart of Cleveland at the InterContinental Hotel, only minutes from downtown and University Circle. Brought to you by local Chef/Restaurateur, Zack Bruell, Table 45 offers cutting edge contemporary dining with an emphasis on cross-cultural World Cuisine. The menu features tastes from around the world and home, all created by our chefs from whole ingredients. You can enjoy watching our culinary team from the open kitchen area or experience the ultimate by booking Table 45, our Chef's Table, directly in the kitchen with a full view of all the action. The warm and vibrant atmosphere will suit those dressed in jeans or couture. Table 45 promises to be unlike any other dining experience in the Midwest. The restaurant's essentialist decor will provide a backdrop for the main attraction, Chef Zack Bruell's simple, yet exquisite, cuisine and the people who experience it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Table 45 reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)special occasion (20)good for groups (16)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food quality is wantingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014The food quality has gone down at this restaurant. I have been there a number of times in the last seven years. With many other options around, they should stop resting on the laurels of their past successes.
- happy4lifeDined on 10/23/2014A dining pleasure. Superb service, food, & ambiance. Convenient for attending other events near-by.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/20142 at the table ordered the special chicken paprikash and it had no chicken in it. Just a lot of noodles and sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOrcaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Taken to a table already full then had to wait in spite of reservation. Service disorganized and somewhat brusque. Rice came to table cool. Overall not as previously experienced.
- Never impressedLeighDined on 10/9/2014I eat frequently at this restaurant for work, out of convienence. However, the food is usually lackluster, particularly given the prices. The chicken I had for lunch was drenched in too-sweet sauce, and the salad (although fresh) was served on a plate so small that it was impossible to eat without making a big mess. This restaurant is fine for a work lunch or dinner, but will not likely impress.
- !!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014The valet didn't open my car door was my first let down which had nothing to do w table 45. The lobby of hotel was beautiful. I walk in restaurant and I was disappointed. I expected more of an upscale look. It took away but the service and food made up for it. I also was disappointed in the uniform of wait staff. It felt like an upscale hospital cafeteria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceChefBoyRHungryDined on 9/20/2014I went to Table 45 for a late lunch for my Birthday. The service was perfect. It was very quiet. Less than 20 patrons in the entire restaurant so you could hear yourself talk. The food was good. I ordered the Ciopinno which was a perfect 10!! This dish was flavorful yet healthy for seafood lovers like me. I also had my waiter Roz make 2 Fabulous Virgin Strawberry Mojito's. They were delightful. The bread with the oil was tasty too, all the carbs I needed in 1 bite!!! I'd say the Ambiance was very good. Considering I lived in L.A. and Chicago, its hard for me to find an ambiance that surpasses that of those 2 major cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okaymelindat80Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good. Service was slow when we were seated but server apologized. Not that crowded and the whole ambiance was okay. Decor was simple and basic. Was overall not impressed.
- Great experienceTHANKYOUDined on 9/3/2014Our dinner experience at Table 45 was great. It was important to have good service, good food along with a ideal table location for business meeting, we were very pleased because all our desires were fully meet. Great food. The hostess when out of her way to help us secure a nice quite booth location, which was wonderful. We will be back..Special Features:
- Great food but...BioknightXDined on 8/28/2014First things first, their dishes are superb. That being said, they are on the smaller side so you might want to order an appetizer to go with your meal if you want to be full at the end. The only thing that Table 45 lacks is the atmosphere. It's and awkward lounge style layout, rock-hard uncomfortable chairs, and overwhelmingly loud music.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseTravelerDined on 8/27/2014Even though this is a Zack Bruell restaurant, it is in a hotel, so we were prepared for that type of experience. What a pleasant surprise that is it an exceptional restaurant - excellent menu, well prepared, delicious food, attentive (but not overly) service, and very friendly staff. This goes on our "come back often" list.Special Features:
- regulardiner7Dined on 8/22/2014if you are hungry, don't go here. it is expensive for what you get and you don't get much. a sub sandwich either before or after would help.
- Worst Restaurant In Cleveland!CLEnightlifeDined on 8/8/2014It's unbelievable how horrible this place is. I spent $120 on awful sushi, pork ramen that was basically just all fat and zero meat, and I THINK we were seved duck, but it seemed more like a $10 London Broil from Giant Eagle. Everything was poorly cooked and flavorless. THANK GOD the wine we ordered (which we drink regularly) was good! The atmosphere is also quite embarrassing. It feels like you're in a hotel cafeteria. It's unbelievable how Parallax and L'Albatros are two of my favorite places to eat in Cleveland, but Table 45 was the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced. If you're thinking about dining here, save your money and eat at Hotsauce Williams right up the road or McDonalds.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/20/2014Stayed at the Intercontinental Cleveland Clinic to which this restaurant is attached. (Nice hotel if you have an appt at CC). This restaurant appeared to be nice and the menu looked pretty good as well. Sat at bar for a drink before dinner. Bar tender was very friendly and good service at the bar. That's where the "good" stopped. Very slow service for dinner. I think they were upset we sat outside, but it was a beautiful night...especially for July. My salmon was like warm. My wife's pappardelle was bland. Mediocre wine to choose from. Ordered dessert...my ice cream was good but my wife's creme brûlée was absolutely terrible to the point of inedible. Before we finished the staff was putting down umbrellas and cleaning up.
- Sunday dinnerJudylucyDined on 7/20/2014Everything was great except the drinks. I had to send my Cosmo back because it was tasteless. My husband rated his martini a 3.Special Features:
- Fine hotel dining with world flavorLoyalDined on 7/19/2014Excellent natural ingredients with itnernational flair. Delicious and carefully prepared. Comfortable with some particularly quiet tables. Also serves folks staying at hotel for Cleveland Clinic, so eclectic well-heeled clienteleSpecial Features:
- Disappointingthompke1Dined on 7/19/2014Decent menu, but caters to an eclectic palate. My server didn't know the specials preparations well and assumed that my fish was baked vs. actually poached in olive oil...BIG difference. I wouldn't have ordered it had I been told the proper preparation. Service was slow as well. I ordered a frozen strawberry margherita and was served a syrupy mixture on the rocks. Also, the dress code is vast. My party was well dressed for a night out. There were patrons eating in flip flops, blue jeans and t-shirts. The only reason I would consider going back is because it is part of Tour de Bruell. I am thankful that I had a Cleveland Independents gift certificate. I would think that Mr. Bruell would not be happy to have this type of experience.Special Features:
- RPaskiDined on 7/19/2014This is year 3 of our Zack Bruell restaurant tour and Table 45 was very disappointing. We were introduced to our initial waiter (I forget his name) but as soon as we passed (due to my recent medical condition) on our usual bottle of wine we were passed off to what seemed to be a rookie waitress. From beginning of having to wait 10 minutes to place our appetizer order to paying the check took all of two hours when your restaurant was half empty. Again we will finish the tour but so far only our go to retaurant Parrallax would be rated highly. We went to La Batross for our wedding anniversary and this was equally as disappointing with a bad tasting entree being served and brought to the waitresses attention but not taken off the billSpecial Features:
- Met our Needs perfectlyLoyalDined on 7/17/2014Arrived at interconinental midd evening after flying in. Had reservatiosn and they accomodated our being 15 m late with aplomb. Were provided an excellent quiet table wtih room to spread out and quiet enoug to relax, just as we needed. Food was superb, sushi, fish, pasta. Lovely meal and very happy with our visit.Special Features:
- Total disappointment.ClevelanderDined on 7/12/2014The first bad sign was that the restaurant and bar were totally empty for a Saturday night. We ordered cocktails, entrees and dessert and all of it was subpar....bordering on tasteless. We are huge Zach Bruell fans but this restaurant was not even close to living up to his reputation.
- Wildly mixed experienceLyublanaDined on 7/12/2014Kitchen under new but very well respected chef was terrific. Appetizers, salads, and fish were great and on occasion spectacular. Waitress was abysmal. Didn't have the faintest idea of how to stage a meal. Dishes appeared in a completely unorganized fashion. Misunderstood orders. The other wait staff appeared to be well trained and efficient. Only clunker of food was Lebanese Naan (pita) with feta with some colorful bits of pepper. Note that while the patio was great in every respect, it is subject to extremely loud noise when helicopters land overhead. Every 30 minutes, approx. while we were there. Roughly 5 minutes of noise. Decor, table settings and plating are great. Support wait staff very good.Special Features:
- Dinner dateeatoutDined on 7/12/2014We had reservations for 6 pm. We were the only people in the place on a Saturday. Our waitress seemed new but she did a good job. Cocktails were generous. I had the rack of lamb and my wife had the scallops. # rib bone for me and 3 scallops for her. Over priced for such a small portion. That is generally an appetizer portion. We were using a gift certificate so it did not matter too much. Probably will not go back. Not a good value.Special Features:
- delicious!DaytonGirlDined on 7/11/2014There were 6 of us and we al ordered something different.....and all of us LOVED it! Including dessert. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice change.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/10/2014A pleasantly varied menu, which was a refreshing change from a lot of the (good but) unchanging and too-classic menus in University Circle and the eastern suburbs. Excellent service and an atmosphere that is welcoming but also neutral enough that anyone can feel comfortable there. The food was very solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 702 reviews are from the Table 45 reviews archive.
- samkusaDined on 7/1/2014The service is excellent, the ambiance is classy, it's a shame that sushi were substandardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highways and pptholesstubabeVIPDined on 7/1/2014When it is good it is very good but etc. The gazpacho and mussels were spledid. The sushi role was good. The pork belly was seved very cold and consequently inedible. When it was returned it came back barely warm but at least it was edible and tastey. The cheese cake was interesting but we have had better. The kitchen needs more of Zacks touch. Also it was quite expensive hence a poor valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tj1driverDined on 6/27/2014We were celebrating a birthday and ordered dessert and they brought it out with a candle and it was on the house .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can talk AND enjoy the foodbluetteDined on 6/17/2014Quiet, pleasant surroundings. Mix of business and social groupings. Unique and varied food choices, except extremely limited for vegan options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't hit the markOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2014Can't seem to master servicing a business clientele. Service is generally slow and inconsistent.
- O.kExcellentVIPDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant is o.k, service is above average. Portions are good for sandwiches and wraps but the chicken plates we ordered were very small. Surprisingly the "chicken" must have been a Cornish hen! The place is very big, so must be why the ambiance is not the best, maybe if it were more crowded it wouldn't feel so bare,
- Fantastic Lunch - SpecialFOODIE4MeVIPDined on 5/30/2014Ginger-carrot soup together with tomato basil quiche made this a HOME-RUN! WoW - nice combination while the mini chocolate mousse just topped the meal off. GREAT JOB!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushikalua24Dined on 5/24/2014Ask the sushi chef to make you a special roll. Their standard rolls are phenomenal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi & Sashimi I've ever hadFoodieinmiamiDined on 5/22/2014Great service, outstanding food quality. We ordered a bottle of cabernet sauvignon from 1990, we got surprised by the moderate price. Everything went perfect. we will recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastefulFirelandsDined on 5/16/2014Fine atmosphere and service. The food was creative in design, taste, and presentation, but the portions were small.Special Features:
- Convenient and pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2014I just had a tostado salad and it was not much like any tostado salad I had before. The bread on the table was very good. The server was excellent in monitoring our needs, including some allergies and modifications of the menu. I do think a weakness is an absence of someone at the entrance for rather long periods of time so your arrive to no one present in the bar area. The valet parking is a huge factor for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice outingktasDined on 5/3/2014our party had a variety of people , from grandpa to the young grandson. We appreciate to have been seated in a private area where we were able to enjoy our conversation with no noises around.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and MenushakerdinerDined on 4/5/2014Great menu, great food, great service, easy to get into. The only reason I can see behind why it is not as busy as the chef's other restaurants is the atmosphere is a bit sterile/institutional. Very clean and pretty, but not inspiring in the least. But - easy parking and food and service rival anywhere in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time diningTeddyVIPDined on 3/22/2014This was our first time dining at Table 45 and my husband and I enjoyed the experience. The service was excellent. The unique menu offers selections for all types of tastes. The food was beautifully presented and, more importantly, was delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Over priced for nothing specialSG11Dined on 3/20/2014Over priced for nothing special food. Didn't realize it was part of a hotel beforehand otherwise we would not have gone here.
- Nothing outstandingMackDined on 3/8/2014Made reservation based on the Visit to Eataly March special. Was surprised to find a basically Japanese themed menu. The Visit to Eataly started with breads and olives, then immediately a meat and cheese platter. All very good. Main courses followed with a forgettable pasta, Sunday Sauce, delicious Risotto and one piece of chicken and fish per diner. The fish was just ok and the chicken was marginal. Final course was dessert with very good apple fritters, tasty tiramisu and tasteless mini-cannolis Overall, lots of food but nothing overly spectacular. Wait staff was good, but at $55/person (not including wine), we will look elsewhere next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.