Table 28 - Best West Governors Suites - Little Rock
1501 Merrill Dr
Little Rock, AR 72211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Table 28 - Best West Governors Suites - Little Rock
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bestlittlerockhotel.com/restaurant.htm
- Phone: 5012242828
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Scott Raines
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Table 28 - Best West Governors Suites - Little Rock
Best Western Premier Governor’s Suites welcome Table 28, serving Modern American Cuisine featuring Executive Chef Scott Rains. Table 28 is scheduled to open August 2013 and will continue the tradition of Award Winning Cuisine and Service with a unique twist on fine dining. Chef Rains has promised to source regional ingredients, including locally grown organic produce. The contemporary menu will blend extraordinary flavors with many of his delicious, signature dishes. The restaurant will offer distinct décor, local charm, 27 standard tables, and one feature table – Table 28 – reserved for guests celebrating special occasions. Guests dining at the feature table will receive a Six-Course meal, prepared exclusively for their party and served by Chef Rains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Table 28 - Best West Governors Suites - Little Rock - Best Restaurants in Little Rock ›
Table 28 - Best West Governors Suites - Little Rock reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Enjoyable birthdaysteph32Dined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend requested Table 28 for his Birthday, and being as we had not visited before we were pleasantly pleased with the snug coziness of the restaurant. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the food was very delicious and well presented. I am glad to find this small gem of a place in Arkansas and it is really a shame that Little Rock and surrounding area's do not provide more dining experiences similar to Table 28. We will visit again if only to hold up the bar and sample some of their lovely appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Little RockRichardVIPDined on 8/16/2014It is sort of unusual to find high-quality, gourmet type food in Little Rock. While there are definitely good restaurants, they tend to be somewhat predictable in serving good, but traditional food. Table28 is more like San Francisco or New York City, with a southern accent. For example, the Shrimp with Cheese Grits and Bacon is unusual, delicious, and addictive! Ditto for the Lobster Mac n Cheese... just great. The steak was quite good, and for dessert, the S'more is fantastic. Our evening, a week day, was fairly quiet in terms of noise; conversation was possible, which is a plus in a trendy place. The service was extremely prompt and courteous. We loved our dinner! Creative, tasty, very satisfying!Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisemmmmbaconDined on 8/15/2014Admittedly I only come to Little Rock once in a while to visit family, but this was easily the best dining experience I've had in quite a long while in this area. Our server was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and very friendly. And the food itself was innovative, fairly well executed (although a little salty in spots), and I especially appreciated that most (if not all) of their ingredients are sourced locally. We really had a nice time, and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseJanenbDined on 7/29/2014Had friends staying at the BW Premier Governors Suites, and decided to try this restaurant. Had the Bone Marrow, Lamb Lollipops for appetizers and they were all very flavorful and unique. Caution: they LOOK sparse, but are quite RICH! Had the wedge salads which were also quite good, although a little short on the promised bacon and pecans; not short on taste. The steaks were perfectly cooked, as was the VERY flavorful "Pork Butt" with brussel sprout slaw. Where this place truly excels is in the dessert department. The rendition of a homemade S'more was "killer" good; the Toffee Sticky Pudding with candied blackberries was mind-numbingly divine, and the Cheesecake with whiskey sauce, vanilla wafer crumbs was just heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible menu and they deliverDeadpool1Dined on 7/27/2014Food was some of the best I have ever had in Little Rock. The menu is very creative and they delivered on each course. The service was terrific and our server, Adam, made our experience one we will repeat again soon.Special Features:
- SupacoolDined on 7/26/2014A little pricey but WELL worth it. Fresh and high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!CeCeDined on 7/22/2014To celebrate our 35th anniversary we wanted to try something different-We found a gem and a new favorite in Little Rock! We had an early dinner date, so when we arrived there were not too many patrons. As the night went on others came, but still the noise level was nice for conversation. We choose a rather traditional meal although there are some unusual things on the menu. Quail Lollipops (wow!), split the Caesar salad (plenty), and each had the Filet for the main dish, a side of out-of -this-world brussels sprout, and OMGoodness-The "S'More" for dessert. Everything we put in our mouths was over-the-top! Alex took great care of us for the night-Excellent service and very knowledgable-Can't say enough good things-Just GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Placeskhmom23Dined on 7/17/2014I've eaten here twice - once with my husband and once with my sisters. Wonderful service and food, quiet enough to be able to carry on a conversation without raising your voice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and excellentChicagotransplantDined on 6/21/2014Loved the service and selection. Best Brussels sprouts in my life. Tried the tongue and cheek. Sounds gross; tastes delicious. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Table 28 - Best West Governors Suites - Little Rock reviews archive.
- Table $128ZielatlastVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food was good but not particularly spectacular. I think it is interesting that ones dining experience can actually be molded by your waiter. Our waiter was certainly better than the waiter who operates the window at McDonald's but not a lot better when you adjust for cost. I have eaten at some of the better and costlier restaurants in the United States and I can honestly say it's the first time the waiter was somewhat condescending. Sorry I don't speak French. Sorry I wasn't familiar with the menu it was my first time there. While you don't blame the coach for Player behavior. It is the coach who is ultimately responsible and gets fired. Pay attention coaches or you may not have a team to coach.
- Table 28 is greatmpauleDined on 5/11/2014Outstanding all around; prices reasonable given the food quality. Martini was a bit watered down because it was shaken with crushed ice, not cubes, but the waiter (Wayne) was told and passed on the information to the bartender. I will go back....soon.Special Features:
- nice place, kinda hipsterasterixisDined on 5/11/2014excellent service. the food options ranged from good to amazing. the best part of our meal was the bone marrow appetizer, which was savory and melted in your mouth. the prime filet was a decent piece of meat that was solidly, if unspectacularly, cooked to order. the sea bass was very good. the fish was nicely charred on the outside, moist on the inside, and did not taste the least bit 'fishy.'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a restaurant !!!gdr431Dined on 5/9/2014Absolutely fabulous! Service, food, ambiance are just wonderful! The chef is brilliant , as are his dishes! Cannot say enough good about this place, it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW.dub273Dined on 4/12/2014The local paper's mini-review of the bone marrow appetizer left me drooling, so I figured we were in for a treat, but I didn't expect I'd be enjoying one of the best meals ever. The kitchen, bar, and our server make an admirable team. Our starter cocktails were brilliantly mixed. The marrow, served on a halved lengthwise beef bone and topped with a sweet onion jam, was rich and decadent. The kale Caesar salad was a tangy, salty, flavorful celebration of the kale with perfect croutons to crunch. The Tongue & Cheek was a beef lover's dream, tender and delicious. The duck is the best I've ever eaten, served with the best Brussels sprouts I've ever eaten. The pecan tort was amazing. I wish I had more characters to do justice to Table 28.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW! Awesome dining experience!MrNedDined on 4/1/2014Best menu selection in Little Rock by far. Chef creations very creative and unusual yet enticing. Service was exceptional, very professional and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were not cooked toWine2DineDined on 3/28/2014Steaks were not cooked to order(too rare) ;fish tasted fishy. Too much salad dressing on salad. Service was mediocre and they were not busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal -- a taste sensationSemajDined on 3/21/2014The menu was eclectic. The choice of starters was extremely creative and main entree items were solid. You can't go wrong with the brussel sprout side -- get it. My wife had the sea bass and said it was delicious. My son had the tongue&cheek and I had the rabbit. I felt the rabbit was too dry, and my son realized he was too adventurous with his selection -- we swapped plates and were both happy. The signature cocktails were great -- have one. I will come back to step through the menu list one by one. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowlovethisnewspotDined on 3/21/2014A great food experience for little rock. The food is outstanding and different to the usual local fareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a truly outstanding restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014What a truly outstanding restaurant! The Organic Cucumber martini was a perfect beginning to a perfect meal. The entrees my husband and I enjoyed (sea bass and prime filet) were faultless. The Brussels sprouts with bacon and pecans would be worth a trip back in and of themselves. Our server provided superb service. All in all, a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most inventive menu in townDinerVIPDined on 3/8/2014Other venues seem to get the publicity, but Table 28 has the most inventive menu in town. If the food, not the view, matters, try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific starters.MarsDined on 3/1/2014We shared the Marrow, chicken liver pate and quail lollipops. Marrow and pate were delicious. Quail was good but not really identifiable as such. The tendril salad was delicious. Two hungries tried the Tomahawk ribeye ($75) and were disappointed. Some good wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Menu Worth TryingWhiteKnightDined on 2/21/2014This is an interesting place. My date and I started off with the squid, which was served differently than we were expecting. It is fried and served in long strips in a basket (at first we thought we had been served chicken strips), rather than in small pieces. We both thought it was good but certainly different. My date then chose the Mahi for her entree while I tried the braised Tongue and Cheek. My date found the Mahi had too much of a "fishy" taste and gave most of her portion to me. I had never had tongue or cheek before, but I found it fork-tender and quite delicious. My date finished her meal with the sticky toffee, which we guessed was a bread pudding with a toffee-flavored caramel sauce, and we both enjoyed the richness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite!foodieCWDined on 2/21/2014This is a great place for something fresh and different. The menu is seasonal and the soups are particularly tasty. We have done tapas and cocktails for GNO here and 3 special occasion dinners. Food and service are both excellent. Don't miss the sticky toffee pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/17/2014Table 28 is the best restaurant in Little Rock. The food is fresh and imaginative. Who, except Scott, would think to pair foie gras with biscuit and gravy? It is astoundingly good! This is our favorite restaurant. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- PriceydinnerfunDined on 2/15/2014We visited for the first time on 2-15. Server was wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable. The food however was not that great and over-priced compared to other restaurants in the area. Entries don't include any sides so for $28 you get only a meat, no bread on the table, no vegetables. My fish was way overcooked, the side of brussel sprouts is served crispy- very brown, no green color left. Taking all the flavor away. With all the wonderful restaurants in town, this one was disappointing.Special Features:
- Table 28jhslawDined on 2/15/2014Fantastic restaurant. Interesting menu that will make you want to try several dishes. The service was professional and quick. The food was some of the best I have had in a while. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's wonderfultopnotchDined on 2/13/2014This is my kind of place. I like romantic, extra special food that I would never prepare at home, but not so strange that people with ordinary tastes would not like. The rabbit is delicious. I wish i could tell other diners what I have enjoyed. The cucumber martini is fabulous. Not sure why I ordered it the first time but so glad I did. I am telling friends about this restaurant as it is fabulous and the quality and service is extraordinary. See you for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 28 WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Fantastic menu by Chef Rains along with professional, helpful staff made the evening very special indeed. Looking forward to dining at Table 28 again in the very near future.Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceBeadeDined on 1/25/2014Another Little Rok Bistro with good food and good service. Will return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting menu - great marrowBaxterDined on 1/24/2014Exciting menu - great marrow - great "tounge and cheek" - Judson has a great memory and us appropriately attentive - enjoy finding new favorite items each timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed with TableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014Very impressed with Table 28. Checks all the boxes for a truly great dining experience...Fresh, local ingredients and a chef who knows what to do with them; a great staff with knowledge of the restaurant and the menu/wine; a great bar/high end drink selection and a bartender who knows how to mix high end drinks (nothing worse than ordering a Manhattan at an "upscale" restaurant and they have no rye whiskey and it comes back to the table on the rocks in an iced tea glass). I highly recommend! We will definitely be regular patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome once again:)DumyumDined on 1/10/2014The second time was even better than the first....what a great meal and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SurpriseDH13Dined on 1/3/2014We went to Table 28 on a whim, and were happy we did. It was fantastic and great to know that minutes from where we live we had a place with such great food. It was a unique menu and unlike many fancy restaurants there were several entree`s I wanted to try. End up going with the Sea bass and it was remarkable and the portion wasn't too small. The grits were great as was the chicken and waffle appetizer. Everything we had was really well done and we will go back as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitRobertVIPDined on 12/28/2013Our rsv was botched first visit. Good this time but no one came to our table for 15 minutes. We needed a drink way before that!Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed.CissyDined on 12/27/2013This was the perfect place to celebrate the Christmas season with friends. With delicious, creative food and great service, this is one of our favorite restaurants. No matter what else you order, you must try the Butter Lettuce Wedge to start and the cheesecake to finish.Special Features:
- Accidental FindBDMaustinVIPDined on 12/27/2013We had not visited Little Rock for a year and came to this restaurant expecting to find Vesuvio. We took a look at the menu and decided to come back the following night. Great decision. The food is excellent, unusual and features local sourcing for all their ingredients. We started with bone marrow and squid, both a great appetizer. We followed with rabbit and venison osso bucco and we were not disappointed. The service was friendly and timely, but you could tell the restaurant recently opened because it wasn't well orchestrated. That should come in time. The lighting had a lot of glare with no lamp shades so it bothered my father-in-laws eyes...and mine. I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemTripperDined on 12/23/2013This small, tastefully decorated restaurant is truly a gem! Food is delicious; menu offers a wide variety of choices to tease and please everyone-----Kale Caesar salad, Pecan Brussels sprouts, one of the best pork dishes we've ever had---choices range from duck to a salmon to steak. Specialty drinks from the bar were truly special and service was top notch! While this is a nice place for a special evening, we won't wait for a special occasion but will return soon and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAgmarc92Dined on 12/7/2013On Dec 7 the roads in LR were icy but we found Table 28 to be serving regardless. As always, the service was great. This was our third visit. We have enjoyed different items each time. Impressively, everything we try is fantastic. So happy to have another excellent restaurant in LR.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Southern FoodHarryHDined on 12/4/2013Every visit to Table 28 has been wonderful. The service is first rate and the food is always a pleasant surprise. I'm slowly working my way through the menu and trying some of the more exotic choices. Sometimes a jazz trio will play and although they don't inhbit table conversation, it is a very small space to have live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Fave in Little RockOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2013We have found our new favorite dining spot in Little Rock for special dinners. Our food and service were fantastic. Atmosphere was nice and quiet. Appetizers, entrees and desserts were all fantastic the night we dined and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.