24 Wales Street
Rutland, VT 05701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.table24.net/
- Phone: (802) 775-2424
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Stephen Sawyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: We welcome the opportunity to discuss your private event. Please call us to set up a time to meet at 802-775-2424.
A word from Table 24
Welcome to the Table 24 Restaurant in downtown Rutland, Vermont featuring a unique menu with choices for all — from young families to sophisticated diners. Chef/Owner Stephen Sawyer prepares selected specialties on a wood-fired grill and rotisserie to create flavors unique to this region. Come and experience fresh food in the beautiful restaurant or relax in the bar and lounge area, full of local flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Table 24 - Best Restaurants in Rutland, VT ›
Table 24 reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (28)good for groups (27)notable wine list (18)romantic (14)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Everything was great! We always love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellenteatinginvermontDined on 11/15/2014The quality of food is fantastic and wonderful flavors. The servers are good. Although we had a lunch experience where we thought we might get a bottle of wine. While we were thinking about getting a bottle the waiter was all over us. As soon as we decided not too, he ignored us for the rest of our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!cat14Dined on 11/8/2014Table 24 is our favorite restaurant in the Rutland area. Do not miss the smoked gouda fondu, the cheesy corn bread or the chocolate chip cookie dessert! This is the first time that we brought friends with a toddler with us and the staff were great with her! She also recommends the cookie dessert :)Special Features:
- Always GoodLisaDined on 11/7/2014Another great meal at Table 24 - it's a must on every trip we take to Vermont. I love the farm fresh food and notable wine and beer list. I enjoyed the seasonal butternut squash raviola, which was simply amazing with layers of flavor in each bite.Special Features:
- Great find!LuvtoeatoutDined on 11/7/2014Found this little gem of a restaurant while trying to find a place to eat dinner before going to a concert at the Paramount theater. We were pleasantly surprised from the moment we walked in the door from the rustic decor and the quick and friendly service to the extensive wine list and food menu we found ourselves loving every part of the meal from the wine to the desert and would definitely go back next time we are in Rutland! Also was right around the corner from the theater so it couldn't be more of a perfect location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place!LifeIsGoodFoodDined on 10/24/2014We tried this place because we had heard of it and never been there. The food was outstanding, all homemade from the bread before dinner to the cinnamon raisin ice cream in my desert! The prices are reasonable given the quality of food, I don't mind paying a little more for the caliber of food that we had. Another bonus is that its a two minute walk from the Paramount theater, you can park in one spot, eat dinner and go see a great show.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!vtjjaurigueDined on 10/23/2014You always know you will never be disappointed in the meal, the service, and the friendly vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceLudlow5Dined on 10/17/2014My family and I enjoyed the variety and quality of food at Table 24. It was our first time dining there and we will be back!Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 10/11/2014A great meal with superb service. Always a pleasure to dine in the rustic atmosphere of T 24.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent EatingVagabondDined on 10/9/2014When we visit Rutland from South America, since Table 24 was opened we have always eaten there. They have improved their dishes in a tasteful way. Whether Pork, Beef, Fish dinner food will always to be THE BEST IN TOWN, and believe we know what we are sayingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit for good foodpandgdiningoutDined on 10/4/2014Our third visit for very good food and service, we'll be going again and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!HachitaEQsDined on 9/27/2014The pork belly appetizer is a must! Great food and variety of choices with a "spin" to make it their own. Definitely not a mainstream restaurant. We enjoyed the pork tenderloin and the seafood manicotti, both delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requested seating an issueReviewsDined on 9/26/2014Hostess refused to seat us at a table we requested (with reservations) upon arrival. However, during our entire visit the requested table in question was never occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rutland's Finestavdoc05764Dined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here, and had a very memorable experience. The service was outstanding, food excellent, and prices affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud musicDelectableVIPDined on 9/5/2014The music was blaring so loudly on the system that it was difficult to talk across a small table. My dish, the specialty of the evening, was quite bland. The ribs were good. For such a pricey place, conversation should be possible.Special Features:
- DeliciousrhfjptDined on 8/30/2014Very good apps and main courses (including interesting specials), but the special dessert of grilled banana walnut muffin a la mode, with glazed banana flambee and caramel-sauced whipped cream was over the top! Fiddlehead IPA on tap was much appreciated -- excellent.Special Features:
- SplendidFrogdbsDined on 8/22/20143 of us had quite different meals: sliced duck in blueberry; polenta; salad. All were delicious, nice size portions. Duck was a tad bit fatty under the skin which could have been a bit crispier, but was juicy, served medium rare, and was very tasty. Polenta was flavorful, large portion, and served with veggies. Salad was fresh. Service (server was Carrie) was prompt and with a smile.
- The following 339 reviews are from the Table 24 reviews archive.
- lmcfDined on 7/26/2014We love Table 24. Food is consistently high quality and delicious. Service great and servers friendly.Special Features:
- Table24JoinDined on 7/24/2014Menus is varied, food tasty and out waitress was exceptionally good. Don't miss the cornbread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Prices123dinnerDined on 7/19/2014Food was good as usual, but pricey. They had a Haddock special, but the server neglected to tell us the price. 22$! It was good, but not that good. They also don't have the prices on their special drink menu. 12$ for some fruity thing. This restaurant is getting a bit arrogant with their success. They need to be more transparent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxx1Dined on 7/17/2014Delicious. Had lobster mac n cheese, generous portion, ate other half for lunch next day. The server was friendly and funny and responsive to our needs. Will definitively go back here. Good for pre Paramount dinner.Special Features:
- Consisently excellentSilverPalateDined on 7/3/2014We have been to Table 24 half a dozen times, and the food is creative and perfectly prepared. SO glad they were out of prime rib -- I tried the seafood stew and it is world class. Don't miss the cheesecake spring roll for dessert -- light, fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelectionKopankanVIPDined on 7/2/2014The choice of local New England beers is outstanding. The Filet steak always amongst the very best on par with Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunch spotLostinstoweDined on 6/26/2014This was my first visit to Table 24 and I'll return. What I like best about this place that the lunch menu had and interesting variety of choices that were well thought out and well prepared. Not your typical tuna or chicken sandwich or salad. Our friends shared the chicken wings appetizer and they were up there with the best we've ever tried.Special Features:
- Such a winner!FoodFanaticVIPDined on 6/25/2014I'm not sure how they do it but they turn comfort food from hamburgers to steaks to macaroni into something way more delicious. The pork belly ap was sublime; the Bomo burger (with the bacon marmalade) was delicious. No wonder they keep winning "best of" awards!Special Features:
- Great find!JessieJDined on 6/7/2014We were visiting Rutland, VT for the weekend and weren't expecting much in terms of food but Table 24 greatly exceeded expectations! We ordered the prime rib egg rolls which were as delicious as they were inventive. We then split the filet mignon and lobster mac and cheese. The steak was out of this world! I've been to many steakhouses in my day and this steak has topped every one of them! The lobster mac and cheese did not disappoint either and there were huge chunks of lobster - no skimping! Also, the service was fantastic! Jessica was our waitress and she was so friendly. She even recommended a terrific hiking trail that we tried out before we left town. If you find yourself in Rutland, do yourself a favor and visit Table 24.Special Features:
- Burger and Beer NightDrZeeDined on 6/3/2014Great burger, nice selection of beer -- all in all a terrific bargain!Special Features:
- amateurs!GordyVIPDined on 5/19/2014Got there just as the kitchen was closing @ 9 o'clock with three clients... total of four of us!! The service was erratic... food was average.. something simple like a bread basket came during the meal altho' we asked four times! Waiter was flippant, and took too long to ask for the order and get the food ... almost no one was left in the restaurant... Based on our food order the waiter would know we had a $200 bill coming .. that tip would make his nite!! BUT ... he was not there for us in several categories just described!! Just based on the food, I would not recommend this place of amateurs.... add the lousy waiter and it's a NO GO!!
- Very good and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014This is my second time here but the food was very good and the service even better! I really like the renovated space with the wine bottle partitions in between booths. The restaurant staff were very patient as we ran late after moving my newly graduated daughter out of her college dorm room so they were able to hold our table. The waitress was equally as patient while we tasted a wine and a beer to be sure we wanted to order a full glass. Man - we were more high maintenance than I'd like to remember :) Food was excellent, nicely presented and hot which is very important!! Will definitely go back when in the area and will recommend to all.Special Features:
- Best in townlocalfolksDined on 5/14/2014This is by far the best restaurant in the Rutland ares. Food is fantastic, relaxing atmosphere and outstanding service. Very well done. I would recommend this establishment to anyone. Keep up the great work. Our compliments to the Chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diningWelltraveledDined on 5/12/2014This was our first time having dinner at Table 24. The interior of the restaurant is decorated very nicely, a relaxing and comfy atmosphere. The service was fine, the waitstaff being very attentive. The food was good, and arrived quickly. We would definitely go back. Meals were priced well, and it was very convenient being able to make a reservation online. All in all a good experience.Special Features:
- Nice placelaxxer27Dined on 5/3/2014I found this place on Google as we were from out of town. Food was excellent and had a great drink/wine list. I had the Chicken Shepherds Pie which was awesome. Only thing was they ran out of prime rib by the time we got there. But i cant knock them for that because it said on their website to get there early because they do occasionally run out. I would go back.Special Features:
- ShysterDined on 5/1/2014We have eaten at Table 24 on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Everything was great! The staff were attentive and very friendly. The food topped the list with good strong flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had a family get together and the food was great and the wait staff did a great job with our party of 8 Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME WAITERdisneygalDined on 4/25/2014It was girls night out and we had Phillip for a waiter he was wonderful ...Drew pictures on our to go boxes such a great personality made our night out extra funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!EmLov24Dined on 4/21/2014Wine and beer selection is great... half price wine on Monday!! Mac and cheese is always my go to-fabulous! The pork chop and creamy hash browns are to die for!!!! I always have to follow up with the cookie sundae...undercooked is the only way to have it! Must be a regular when the waiter recognizes us and know exactly what I order!!!Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014Table 24 is a hidden gem in downtown Rutland on an off street that has seen better days. The menu is broad enough to satisfy most palates but not too broad to degrade food quality.Special Features:
- Good food, good beerJakeydVIPDined on 4/18/2014Great beer selection, good wine list. Sandwiches, burgers and grill selections top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always!jennyVTDined on 4/12/2014Super friendly staff at the door!! Food was very good as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.