24 Wales Street
Rutland, VT 05701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.table24.net/
- Phone: 802-775-2424
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Stephen Sawyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: We welcome the opportunity to discuss your private event. Please call us to set up a time to meet at 802-775-2424.
A word from Table 24
Welcome to the Table 24 Restaurant in downtown Rutland, Vermont featuring a unique menu with choices for all — from young families to sophisticated diners. Chef/Owner Stephen Sawyer prepares selected specialties on a wood-fired grill and rotisserie to create flavors unique to this region. Come and experience fresh food in the beautiful restaurant or relax in the bar and lounge area, full of local flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Table 24 - Best Restaurants in Rutland, VT ›
Table 24 reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (21)good for groups (15)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (10)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Loud musicDelectableVIPDined on 9/5/2014The music was blaring so loudly on the system that it was difficult to talk across a small table. My dish, the specialty of the evening, was quite bland. The ribs were good. For such a pricey place, conversation should be possible.Special Features:
- DeliciousrhfjptDined on 8/30/2014Very good apps and main courses (including interesting specials), but the special dessert of grilled banana walnut muffin a la mode, with glazed banana flambee and caramel-sauced whipped cream was over the top! Fiddlehead IPA on tap was much appreciated -- excellent.Special Features:
- SplendidFrogdbsDined on 8/22/20143 of us had quite different meals: sliced duck in blueberry; polenta; salad. All were delicious, nice size portions. Duck was a tad bit fatty under the skin which could have been a bit crispier, but was juicy, served medium rare, and was very tasty. Polenta was flavorful, large portion, and served with veggies. Salad was fresh. Service (server was Carrie) was prompt and with a smile.
- lmcfDined on 7/26/2014We love Table 24. Food is consistently high quality and delicious. Service great and servers friendly.Special Features:
- Table24JoinDined on 7/24/2014Menus is varied, food tasty and out waitress was exceptionally good. Don't miss the cornbread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Prices123dinnerDined on 7/19/2014Food was good as usual, but pricey. They had a Haddock special, but the server neglected to tell us the price. 22$! It was good, but not that good. They also don't have the prices on their special drink menu. 12$ for some fruity thing. This restaurant is getting a bit arrogant with their success. They need to be more transparent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxx1Dined on 7/17/2014Delicious. Had lobster mac n cheese, generous portion, ate other half for lunch next day. The server was friendly and funny and responsive to our needs. Will definitively go back here. Good for pre Paramount dinner.Special Features:
- Consisently excellentSilverPalateDined on 7/3/2014We have been to Table 24 half a dozen times, and the food is creative and perfectly prepared. SO glad they were out of prime rib -- I tried the seafood stew and it is world class. Don't miss the cheesecake spring roll for dessert -- light, fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelectionKopankanDined on 7/2/2014The choice of local New England beers is outstanding. The Filet steak always amongst the very best on par with Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunch spotLostinstoweDined on 6/26/2014This was my first visit to Table 24 and I'll return. What I like best about this place that the lunch menu had and interesting variety of choices that were well thought out and well prepared. Not your typical tuna or chicken sandwich or salad. Our friends shared the chicken wings appetizer and they were up there with the best we've ever tried.Special Features:
- Such a winner!FoodFanaticVIPDined on 6/25/2014I'm not sure how they do it but they turn comfort food from hamburgers to steaks to macaroni into something way more delicious. The pork belly ap was sublime; the Bomo burger (with the bacon marmalade) was delicious. No wonder they keep winning "best of" awards!Special Features:
- Great find!JessieJDined on 6/7/2014We were visiting Rutland, VT for the weekend and weren't expecting much in terms of food but Table 24 greatly exceeded expectations! We ordered the prime rib egg rolls which were as delicious as they were inventive. We then split the filet mignon and lobster mac and cheese. The steak was out of this world! I've been to many steakhouses in my day and this steak has topped every one of them! The lobster mac and cheese did not disappoint either and there were huge chunks of lobster - no skimping! Also, the service was fantastic! Jessica was our waitress and she was so friendly. She even recommended a terrific hiking trail that we tried out before we left town. If you find yourself in Rutland, do yourself a favor and visit Table 24.Special Features:
- Burger and Beer NightDrZeeDined on 6/3/2014Great burger, nice selection of beer -- all in all a terrific bargain!Special Features:
- amateurs!GordyVIPDined on 5/19/2014Got there just as the kitchen was closing @ 9 o'clock with three clients... total of four of us!! The service was erratic... food was average.. something simple like a bread basket came during the meal altho' we asked four times! Waiter was flippant, and took too long to ask for the order and get the food ... almost no one was left in the restaurant... Based on our food order the waiter would know we had a $200 bill coming .. that tip would make his nite!! BUT ... he was not there for us in several categories just described!! Just based on the food, I would not recommend this place of amateurs.... add the lousy waiter and it's a NO GO!!
- The following 327 reviews are from the Table 24 reviews archive.
- Very good and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014This is my second time here but the food was very good and the service even better! I really like the renovated space with the wine bottle partitions in between booths. The restaurant staff were very patient as we ran late after moving my newly graduated daughter out of her college dorm room so they were able to hold our table. The waitress was equally as patient while we tasted a wine and a beer to be sure we wanted to order a full glass. Man - we were more high maintenance than I'd like to remember :) Food was excellent, nicely presented and hot which is very important!! Will definitely go back when in the area and will recommend to all.Special Features:
- Best in townlocalfolksDined on 5/14/2014This is by far the best restaurant in the Rutland ares. Food is fantastic, relaxing atmosphere and outstanding service. Very well done. I would recommend this establishment to anyone. Keep up the great work. Our compliments to the Chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diningWelltraveledDined on 5/12/2014This was our first time having dinner at Table 24. The interior of the restaurant is decorated very nicely, a relaxing and comfy atmosphere. The service was fine, the waitstaff being very attentive. The food was good, and arrived quickly. We would definitely go back. Meals were priced well, and it was very convenient being able to make a reservation online. All in all a good experience.Special Features:
- Nice placelaxxer27Dined on 5/3/2014I found this place on Google as we were from out of town. Food was excellent and had a great drink/wine list. I had the Chicken Shepherds Pie which was awesome. Only thing was they ran out of prime rib by the time we got there. But i cant knock them for that because it said on their website to get there early because they do occasionally run out. I would go back.Special Features:
- ShysterDined on 5/1/2014We have eaten at Table 24 on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Everything was great! The staff were attentive and very friendly. The food topped the list with good strong flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had a family get together and the food was great and the wait staff did a great job with our party of 8 Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME WAITERdisneygalDined on 4/25/2014It was girls night out and we had Phillip for a waiter he was wonderful ...Drew pictures on our to go boxes such a great personality made our night out extra funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!EmLov24Dined on 4/21/2014Wine and beer selection is great... half price wine on Monday!! Mac and cheese is always my go to-fabulous! The pork chop and creamy hash browns are to die for!!!! I always have to follow up with the cookie sundae...undercooked is the only way to have it! Must be a regular when the waiter recognizes us and know exactly what I order!!!Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014Table 24 is a hidden gem in downtown Rutland on an off street that has seen better days. The menu is broad enough to satisfy most palates but not too broad to degrade food quality.Special Features:
- Good food, good beerJakeydVIPDined on 4/18/2014Great beer selection, good wine list. Sandwiches, burgers and grill selections top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always!jennyVTDined on 4/12/2014Super friendly staff at the door!! Food was very good as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Table 24jilly928Dined on 4/10/2014We always have great service and great food at Table 24! I've been with a group, with my boyfriend and have just sat at the bar with a friend and all have even great experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable timeJginvtDined on 4/4/2014The wife had an enjoyable dinner last night at Table 24. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and eager to please without being bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014Went to Table 24 to celebrate our anniversary. We wanted to try something new, and were pleased with the menu options for French cooking using local ingredients. Next time, we will leave room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!NellieeeDined on 3/29/2014My friends and I visited Killington for a snowboard/ski trip weekend and stayed in Rutland. I've been hearing great things about this place, and it did not disappoint! Skillet cornbread was spot-on, and our main courses were amazing. Not to mention, our server was awesome! We had Phil, and we had so much fun with him that we wanted him to join our table! We would definitely come back again and again whenever we hit the slopes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014I had never been here before, but will definitely go back. The food was awesome, the drink list was impressive, and the service and atmosphere made it an overall great time. Very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedAlycatDined on 3/21/2014We have been to Table 24 and we are never disappointed in going. Whether if its a spur of the moment night out or a special occasion we always can count on Table 24. For the quality of food the are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 24OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Our Waiter was Fantastic! Loved his sense of humor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Thanks to Steve for the apps & desserts for our group. It made the festivities that much more enjoyable. Our waiter, Phil, was phenomenal & very attentive & fun to have!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicious!HappyCustomerDined on 3/19/2014I have never had a bad meal at Table 24. The staff is always wonderful and the food is fantastic. I always recommend Table 24 to anyone looking for a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best of table 24OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Our food and service were stupendous. We weren't rushed. Great easy vibe.Special Features:
- busy is not always a good thingdebiatdgDined on 3/10/2014Unfortunately our waiter was quite busy. He had been give 2 other large tables in the same time period. It took 45 minutes before we were able to order our food. When it finally arrived my salmon risotto carbonara had been sitting under a heat lamp for so long that the salmon was dried out and the egg was solid rubber. It was unfortunate. That being said, this is normally a wonderful restaurant with exceptional food and service. The menu is varied and the portions are perfect. I recommend Table 24 for lunch, dinner, appetizers or just dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationsmonkeymomDined on 3/8/2014This is our second visit to Table 24 and we were not disappointed either time. Food selections great even for seasoned vegetarians, veg mac received rave reviews from all. Most portions large enough for two and happily packaged for home. Advance notice regarding a newborn in party gave us a spacious, alcove type round table so our party of six was extremely comfortable and baby tucked out of the way. Specialty cocktails enjoyed - would have preferred pear mojito to be strained, but taste not diminished, and beer on tap satisfied the one male in our party. Complimentary desserts for our two birthday ladies was a nice surprise. We were very happy and will return and share our experience with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dan's hangar.BuckDined on 3/5/2014I had the hangar steak which was terrific as usual. The service, food, ambiance were all very good. The next day, the friends we brought there were still talking about how good everything was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food I a relaxing placeSueDeDined on 2/28/2014Went here two nights in a row while on a ski trip and had good food both nights. Cheese fondue was outstanding, jerk chicken was perfectly seasoned. Some great dinners were lobster risotto, maple pork, and rotisserie chicken. Service was very friendly and informative. This is definitely a place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.