2 Theater Square #153
Orinda, CA 94563Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.table24orinda.com/
- Phone: (925) 254-0124
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Contact us today to see what we can provide for you special event! We'll work closely with you to construct a menu that fits your needs.
A word from Table 24
Table 24 in downtown Orinda offers a menu with great neighborhood comfort food. From the mac and cheese to the infamous fried chicken, the burgers, pizzas, salads and sandwiches are sure to satisfy your hunger. Featuring an interior similar to a California great room, local proprietor Michael Karp has created a familiar, casual vibe and comfortable dining options inside at a table, at the bar, or outside by the fire. Serving weekend brunch, and lunch and dinner daily, Table 24 has a great menu for the whole family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Table 24 - Best Restaurants in Orinda ›
Table 24 reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (6)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great comfort foodRegularDinerVIPDined on 11/19/2014Had their special which was filet mignon with sides and the wedge salad. Reasonable portions. I went for the filet because I was trying to keep the meal somewhat lean. The sides were high calorie after the goodies were applied to them. They were good, however. I always enjoy stopping by this restaurant on my commute home from San Ramon to San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the new "counter-like" burger ...MarkSTVIPDined on 11/13/2014The new design your own burger was excellent. Enjoyed a glass of Malbec, recommended by our waitress. The service was excellent, and informed. A corner table was quiet enough for a meeting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service, many kids and no seatingNicoLiscioudVIPDined on 11/13/2014So, I'd been to Table when it first opened, and had wine with friends a few times. I'd never eaten at Table 24, so eating dinner here this time was a treat. The food is delicious! I'll say this: the bar/counter seating is precarious. The chair cushions tilt downward, so if you're wearing slippery fabric, you slide right off. This posed a problem so my friend and I moved to a table. The problem with the tables is that there are so many families with loud children that we had nowhere to hide from the mayhem. I have kids so I understand that Table 24 is friendly and open and has a great variety of fun dishes, but, as is typically the issue in our area, people simply don't keep their kids under control. For this reason, it was difficult to find a suitable table, and more difficult to have a conversation. In addition, the staff (prior to having a designated server) didn't seem too interested in finding out why we moved three times, nor in helping us find a suitable alternative. We wanted to sit near the window at a 2-top, but the window had a big draft and it was freezing. I'll stress again though, that the food was delicious and our server was great. The experience would have been stellar had the seating been more cohesive and the staff more helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceacenterDined on 11/1/2014Our waiter did not put our order in for 10 minutes, and we were the first party in for brunch. The manager/owner was made aware of this, and he didn't even acknowledge our table. We aren't the type of people to look for free things to make our meal experience better after something has gone wrong, a simple apology was due, but we weren't even recognized. I'm a chef and have worked a busy NYC restaurant, and I was floored by the level of service and caring.
- Ended on a Good NoteoutandaboutDined on 10/5/2014Sadly we had a bad experience on Sunday night. We planned to take our in-laws who had not been prior for our sons 10th birthday because we liked Table 24 so much. We had very poor service from the hostess to the waiter (apparently hired that week). After an hour of being there we finally requested the manager who made amends by comping our dinner and asking for forgiveness...every one has a bad day sort of excuse. We love the food but were sad that the service could be so bad after a few years of being open. This was not an extraordinary night by any means so why weren't they able to handle it??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-work the fried chicken! PleaseAmelieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Started out with cocktails that needed to be sent back (twice), not sure if the bartender was of age or not...the "house favorite" fried chicken was greasy, tasteless and unseasoned, and the plate looked like leftovers from the fryer (chicken wings are a meal). The coleslaw side was inedible, however the cornbread was the best we tasted. Very inconsistent overall. Hard to say if we will return, far too many other restaurants out there.
- Great lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Excellent food and very attentive service. The crab cakes were some of the best that I've had for some time and the dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good basic foodQuietVIPDined on 9/28/2014Interestingly, we'd come here again -even though the food was nothing to rave about. It was good, the service was good and the place is convenient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we stopped by.....bbetVIPDined on 9/27/2014We discovered Table 24. We liked it so much that we came back the next day with our friends. I prefer the fried chicken at Revel, a restaurant in Danville. I tried my wife's fish tacos and it was delicious! I would come back for that and also their pizzas, jambalaya, and mac & cheese. Our server, Missy knew from our Friday visit that we were interested in the special which was Salmon with a lemon pesto sauce. On Saturday, they had changed the special. Missy asked the kitchen if they would do the lemon pesto sauce for us. She arranged that without us asking. It was her idea. It was great! I was going to take the rest home. Instead, my friends who just asked to try it, finished for me and let me nothing to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great placeFoodie2shoesVIPDined on 9/21/2014I've been going to table 24 for years and find their food quite good. Their fries are to die for! I usually go for lunch. Went for dinner and found they didn't have much choice on the entrees although what I did order was very good. (The short ribs).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahNewtonDined on 9/12/2014The food is lackluster. The fried chicken was bland. The fish in the fish sandwich did not taste very fresh. The mac'n'cheese was just OK, nothing spectacular. The sweet potato fries were flavorful. They were the best item on the table.
- KenBDined on 9/7/2014This is a nice local restaurant. There are some interesting appetizers, all worth trying. You can't go wrong with burgers, pizza, salads. My view of this restaurant--not overly expensive choice before or after a movie; or while shopping. Great location.Special Features:
- Poor service serving up subpar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014Our vegetarian's benedict came cold with ham, my husbands scramble came on a tiny bread plate for some reason, the fruit cups tasted vaguely like chemicals and my huevos rancheros was a dry fried egg on top of a plain corn tortilla. We all went to Starbucks to get snacks afterwards... The place was very kid friendly but I think it's mostly because the restaurant seems to have stopped caring.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014Have dined at this restaurant around a dozen times, but this was the first time for brunch. We were among the first, if not the first, patrons that day. Food preparation took far longer than one might have expected given that the orders were for eggs and French toast. Then, when we were finally served, two (of the six) orders were wrong or not prepared as requested. Our waiter was missing in action during the meal, including when it came time to settle the bill. When he finally brought the bill and took our credit card, he left the card on an untended counter and then disappeared again. Once we noticed the credit card sitting on the counter available for anyone to take, we complained to other restaurant staff. Overall, a bad visit.
- Great Burger!regularDined on 8/6/2014Met a client for lunch and this was a great spot. Exceptional service from Travis and it was quiet enough to talk without a stuffy atmosphere. Always looking for a good burger and it's pricey but I'd order it again. My client had the turkey wrap and said he'd come back for it. Had the broccoli cooked with garlic on the side and it was a nice substitution for fries. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- The following 172 reviews are from the Table 24 reviews archive.
- Decent neighborhood restaurantOaktownDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great fried chicken. Service is very friendly. It's a young, learning-the-business staff. But that's OK at this price point. Cocktails were decent (no Belvedere!) and food came quickly (which is great for kids). Nice comfortable vibe to go along with the comfort food. I would go back.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceoski1974Dined on 6/10/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a delicious meal. We decided to split a salad and main course offering and were accommodated without issue. We sat outside and great care was taken to be sure our heater was working. Our server and others paid close attention to our needs. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Table 24 Rocks!!!TwentyFourDined on 5/16/2014We think that the food is outstanding. Very kid-friendly. The people there are very nice. They celebrate birthdays in awesome ways there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome StaffSomewhatPickyDined on 5/15/2014We made a reservation for dinner before going to a benefit concert at the Orinda Theater. The place was packed with others going to the same show. The hostess was very pleasant and sat us right away. The wait staff, and probably the kitchen, were aware there was a concert at the theater next door and worked fast to take orders and get food to the patrons. I wish we had had more time to take it slow, enjoy our meal and drinks, and appreciate the great staff. Thanks Table 24!I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyVIPDined on 5/12/2014We had a great meal there on Monday night. One person had the jambalaya which was excellent and very spicy. The server we had was fun, friendly and efficient (I'm sorry I can't remember her name). I had a burger and ordered sweet potato fries. The burger came the plste had regular fries but they quickly fixed the problem. They gave us a really big order of sweet potato fries that was enough for the whole table to share - above and beyond what they needed to do. The only thing that occurred thst was odd was that they were out of a lot of things, including pizza dough so they couldn't offer any pizzas. One of the people in our party wanted pizza. When we were leaving we saw that someone had pizza on their table so that was confusing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Old Fashion Comfort FoodFeedupDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife here for brunch on Mother's Day and we really enjoyed the food, the service was excellent! The staff was well prepared for such a busy day. I would definately recommend Table 24 to anyone who loves comfort food and down home good service. This was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This should have been betterMyrnaMDined on 5/10/2014We went to this restaurant for Mother's Day breakfast. It is a nice looking place and the staff was very welcoming. The meal was ordered and came fairly quickly however for the price you pay, the value was not much more than going to a Denny's. My husband ordered ham and eggs. The eggs were prepared as ordered but he was given two small pieces of ham that appeared to be deli sandwich ham. The sliced white bread was okay. I had ordered the special item which was a stuffed French toast type of item. It was tasty but there was supposed to be stuffed with peppers and sausage but there was probably about 4 pieces of sausage and very little green and red peppers. I had to order a side of chicken apple sausage to feel satisfied. I won't be back
- 24 reasons to go to Table 24V1ckwahDined on 5/1/2014Actually, just a few reasons. But the food was very good--some was great. Brussel sprouts with bacon, superb, fries topped with cheese bacon and green onions needed more green onions to be noticeable, but otherwise was amazing. My son had a burger and the bite I had alone was reason to go back. My fish tacos were good--not the best I've ever had, and probably wouldn't get those again, but good. Over all, a lovely birthday evening experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!SusieDined on 4/18/2014The hamburgers are incredible and the new chocolate dessert is amazing!Special Features:
- Lunch outside on a nice day ... !MarkSTVIPDined on 4/14/2014Made reservations - helpful toward getting a table outside. Food delicious. Business meeting went on because everything was so pleasant. Service didn't hurry us in spite of our prime table. Umbrella shade appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat performancesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014I have been to Table 24 many times. NEVER disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Lunch!PerplexiaDined on 3/24/2014I took a business associate to lunch her. Perfect for this business-casual meeting. I arrived early and staff was polite and attentive. Pecan crusted goat cheese salad was perfect!Special Features:
- Alfresco Dining in OrindaBenthereB4VIPDined on 3/19/2014There were 7 in my party. We were seated outside and attended my MIke. The food and service were all very good. everyone liked their entrees and beverages. The menu is straight forward with portions that are right sized. Everyone ordered either a burger or sandwich. The bill was $175 including tip. A bit much for a sandwich and a beer or glass of wine but hey it i's ORINDA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lunch in OrindaBenthereB4VIPDined on 3/11/2014Table 24 is an unpretentious restaurant with a full bar. Their bloody Mary's are quite tasty. Their menu features "straight up and down" lunch food with sandwiches , wraps, specials and other traditional and comfort foods. Overall, it was nice experience. (1)Turkey " Gobbler Burger" and (1) Turkey wrap" (1) Bloody Mary (1) Flat Tire Beer and (1) House Chardonnay , and (1) cup of coffee was $51.00 excluding tip. Remeber this is Orinda and if you have to ask the price, don't dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good pricesTeamWDined on 1/28/2014Good service. We enjoy the food and so do our kids. We have the "littles" order from the "middles" so we can eat a piece of their fried chicken. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go here when I am too lazyBondVIPDined on 1/18/2014I go here when I am too lazy to go to a real good place. The food is uninspired and presented without much care. It is acceptable but you would never tell a friend to go here for the food.
- Lunch outdoors is a plus ...MarkSTVIPDined on 1/15/2014Waiter got out umbrella to shade us from bright sun. Good food and service - burger with salad, and guest had Cobb salad with chicken. Parking validated.Special Features:
- Best WaitressmariaDined on 1/9/2014We had the very best waitress that we've EVER had any where!! Made us really like the restaurent!! She even brought me a little taste of the soup to see if I would like it. (I did like it) Went for my husband's birthday and she made him up a little sundae with a candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Wonderful!!KeiriDined on 1/4/2014Came here for brunch with my family for my birthday. The staff was great, had a great sense of humor with my 18 month old niece. Everyone was very accommodating, our beautiful waitress was very attentive to us, and as usual, the food was delightful!! I had the mushroom scramble and had to substitute the goat cheese for jack cheese, my husband had the bacon benedict, and the rest of my family, who were at Table 24 for the first time, more than enjoyed their breakfast pizza, breakfast burrito, chop salad, and sandwiches. Thank you Table 24 for a lovely birthday brunch!!Special Features:
- must have been fam night!HnlkennyVIPDined on 1/3/2014Seemed like every table was at least 2A + 2 kids. Perfect, as we were same. Loud was okay. Good time as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Table 24DonnabellaDined on 1/2/2014This was my second time there this week! Needed an encore--the salmon, mashed potatoes and broccoli were delicious!! Our waiter, Jorson, was delightful and added to the enjoyment of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funky smell in restaurantPeeksDined on 12/20/2013food was marginal at best. Not a very exciting menu either.Special Features:
- Don't read here after 8:30PM1sttimestthespenceDined on 11/30/2013We had a reservation at 8:30 and the first thing the waiter said was "kitchen is closing in 15 minutes so you have to order fast." They rushed our food, still eating our salad when the main course was put on our table. Temperature inside the restaurant was freezing, as if they already shut down the heater. Food was ok but everything else was lousy. Will not be back here.Special Features:
- Great, as always!JenniferVIPDined on 11/23/2013First we were 12, then a cozy 10, then 8, and the staff took our dwindling numbers very much in stride. That's what I love about this little eatery, everyone who works there is happy, knowledgeable, flexible, and just nice. The wine list is small, but from my pov well chosen (some of my hard-to-find faves), the specials are always fresh and well-prepared, and the menu full of good dishes of all sizes. Splurging? You can have nachos slathered in cheese. Slimming? You can have a wonderful salad with grilled meat or fish. What more can you ask?!Special Features:
- OK placeNostromoVIPDined on 11/9/2013Cheerful venue, service just fine, tables not crammed together. Unfortunately, food was just OK, not special. I had pizza; nothing about it would lure me away from Antica or Patxi's in Lafayette. Theatre Square is right on the edge of becoming a real success -- if all the restaurants just step it up a notch...Special Features: